• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Melee Thread

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Wtf? Who misses who? No bromances pl0x....

We're a disgrace lol how did we lose that xD

Smashfest, James houses, some time this week.

No one has Velox's number are you joking lol we can't contact him.

valgar2900

Smash Journeyman
yea i missed you (no homo). i wish we had a teams tourney, we would have *****. :D

ps im down to play at james house

Velox

Smash Ace
Okay, so I'm really hoping that we can have 2 good solid smash events this summer APART from the Funplex setting (this seems to discourage melee attendance as people are worried Brawl will overshadow the melee event.) If said event happens in Austin instead of Houston, then so be it I guess. Hopefully events this summer are not in Dallas, because Dallas tournaments always seem to be in suburbs considerably north of Dallas... But yeah, we need to make events with at least 25 people happen this summer.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
I don't mind going to Dallas lol it's the most likely place for me to go. Especially this summer lol actually if I end up going there it won't for playing the game xD

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Okay, so I'm really hoping that we can have 2 good solid smash events this summer APART from the Funplex setting (this seems to discourage melee attendance as people are worried Brawl will overshadow the melee event.)
Dont blame brawl(the popular game) for melee's(dead game) failure at TYS. Its failure is 100% in the players hands and not the TO or any other game. De Angelo has a guaranteed event(TYS that features melee) in a guaranteed venue(funplex) on a guaranteed time slot(first of the month). This type of thing was not possible back when i was running melee. So for the first time in Houston, the conditions are right to have a new beginning for melee and its scene. The issue is, the current pool of Houston melee players are lazy. You guys need to cut the **** and show up to these events(no joke). How long do u think De Angelo will keep holding an event that you guys ASK for but next to never attend?

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Dont blame brawl(the popular game) for melee's(dead game) failure at TYS. Its failure is 100% in the players hands and not the TO or any other game. De Angelo has a guaranteed event(TYS that features melee) in a guaranteed venue(funplex) on a guaranteed time slot(first of the month). This type of thing was not possible back when i was running melee. So for the first time in Houston, the conditions are right to have a new beginning for melee and its scene. The issue is, the current pool of Houston melee players are lazy. You guys need to cut the **** and show up to these events(no joke). How long do u think De Angelo will keep holding an event that you guys ASK for but next to never attend?
^^Dayyummm lol that was inspiring xD

So basically, everyone get a car and learn to drive lol

Paul Ronnie James Kalo Tarzan Jk Tarzan did show lol even Timerbomb showed up along with Captain Bust a Nut.

Works johns are weak lol

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
I 100% agree with xyro on this. Players need to show up to TYS tournaments with no excuses and be on time. When people show up when they feel like/Not show up AT ALL it makes it seem like you dont take the game serious so WHY should I? You have alot of space for an opportunity to grow so please dont put the blame on your attendance on brawl. Why do you think brawl has its own room now, cause xyro proved to me that his attendance can stay in the 40+ without a doubt. You all control your own attendance. Houston Melee scene will either die or the players take action and revive it. :confused:

I will add this. I told jake13 that melee is in the same boat as marvel. We are the last of a dying breed. So you know what that means, stick together until nobody shows up anymore and encourage as many players to come and support, *cough* (U of H Players). It only makes sense that there is TECHNICALLY 25-35 melee players still active. It is a fact cause I have the results. You all talk about brawl and how bad it is of a game but they STICK together till the end. Also, from now on everybody HAS to pay venue. I wont speak on what happened this sat but just no NOBODY is exempt from paying venue unless told otherwise. This is the time to make a decision cause if attendance keeps dropping. I will drop the game for good and its nobodys fault but your own. 10 people is good but ive seen better out of houston...

valgar2900

Smash Journeyman
^^Dayyummm lol that was inspiring xD

So basically, everyone get a car and learn to drive lol

Paul Ronnie James Kalo Tarzan Jk Tarzan did show lol even Timerbomb showed up along with Captain Bust a Nut.

Works johns are weak lol
some ppl dont live off daddy and have to work for a livin. ............... >.> at sybawave

Jake13

Smash Lord
dude lets just compile a list of the current Houston smashers:

Jake13
Dat Boi Oscar
Killa Whale
Mouf
Clue
Sybawave
Tarzan
Bustanut
Tbomb
Ronnie(kinda)
Dawn
dilling
Velox
TSC
Fletcher
Gabe
Jerm
helpmeoutguysican'tmembereveryonerightnow

and that's only 17 :[

Sybawave

Smash Ace
You realize that that number right there is higher than if we compiled 3 of the midwestern states highly active players together. And we still suck lol

Jerm has a few friends that are somewhat decent at the game. Actually one of them really blew me away <.<

Most of our players are still not on smashboars lol I mean all of Tarzan's friends. That's like 4 players. My friends, that's about 3 more. Kalo's friends are like 3-4 too.

The problem is that even though they do play, they're not willing to go to tournaments and stuff. They're all just there for casual playing

The main players that are left are the good ones who are also competitive.

Jake
Oscar
KillaWhale
Clue
James
Fletcher
Jerm
Me

We're the last main active players left. Everyone else just shows if they feel like it.

The list that you just made was only of the people who post on the boards.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
I have three friends that I play with. 2 of them would actually go to tournaments and I might be able to convince the third.

We need to host a melee only tournament, with no brawl. Melee is a side game for me, so its hard for me to focus on both at a tournament like hobo. Going straight from brawl all day, to my first melee game being in tournament is pretty tough. /end johns

We need to play peoples so I can get better than you guys =P

Xyro77

You can make lists all you want but nothing will keep this ship from sinking if you guys dont ACT.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
OK, smash, today, who's in? Like right now lol hit me up.

James has just informed me that he is off of work this Saturday and is hosting the biggest smashfest ever at his new place. And I just realized I'm going out of town on Friday to Dallas T.T fml

MT_

Smash Ace
Hey everyone!

I'm going to be in Houston for the summer (I live in the Clear Lake/Friendswood area) and would be interested in getting involved in the Houston melee scene. If you guys hold any smashfests/events or anything I'd like to get in on them. I'm not very good but I'm not too shabby either. If it means anything, I placed 13th at UT's Endless Challenge (I am ending my freshman year there now).

I met a few of you guys at Endless Challenge but would like to meet/play the rest of you. Cheers to melee!

MT_

Smash Ace
I'll be in Houston starting the 18th and should be mostly free as of now. Will be taking morning classes at San Jac over the summer though.

I don't remember playing any ganon players at the tournament even in friendlies (other than King Mosquito's), so maybe not. Though we might have played; I'm the skinny asian that played marth/fox lol.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
<VON> It means nothing. Get lost scrub </VON>

Haha, just kidding. I was that Ganon player at the tournament. Did we play?
OMG LOLOLOLOLO DAMIT PAUL YOU STUPIDHEAD!!!!!!!!! XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

**** you read my mind lolololololol omg omg omg omg xDDDD I'm sorry but yeah that's literally went through my head. Omg lololololol I think you just killed me lol that was hilarious.'

I'll play though but I'll be gone from 15th to the 30th? Wow holy crap <_<

Xyro77

heh, FLT played in Austin though a few weeks ago 0_o (this is off topic from Houston obviously, but Allan, that's crazy!, we never had quality players.)
When i say quality i mean RELIABLE. Seriously, that does not exist here in houston anymore.

Back in the day, it was almost guaranteed that Me/gabe/seth/oscar/jake/bear/mouf/sideffect/killawhale/txfm/clue/rt/dawn/void/kage and many more would be at an event or w/e guaranteed. Now days most of us quit and the ones who STILL play dont go to things or give rides anymore. its totally random at best.

thats what i meant and thats why i dont think this scene can recover.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
I usually see jake, syba, fletcher, oscar, and a few more at melee events. And I know I'll go to them. So it seems like melee has consistant people, just not as many people

Sybawave

Smash Ace
I won't lol same weekend as the next Hobo. And I think I'm the most consistent one <_<

In the city.

i'm playing tomorrow. Hey new guy, what was his name? mt? Whatever the guy in Friendswood. Let's play tomorrow. Call me. Number is on the OP

MT_

Smash Ace
I won't be back until late night and probably can't play tomorrow. I'm down for playing on Tuesday though.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
I can play that day too. I can play everyday until Friday and this weekend. Mon-Thurs. My friends can't play Tuesday so it'll just be you and me and some quality time ;)

Just hit me up when you're ready.

832-766-5405

Velox

Smash Ace
The only people who will be consistent in the next year will be Jake/Oscar/Mouf, the UoH crew (me), Syba, Clue, and a few other people just for everyone's information.

Right now we just don't feel like showing up and paying an entrance fee at a MONTHLY.. Next year we will have a good place to hold monthlies at UoH (basement of Taub hall).

Xyro77

The only people who will be consistent in the next year will be Jake/Oscar/Mouf, the UoH crew (me), Syba, Clue, and a few other people just for everyone's information.

Right now we just don't feel like showing up and paying an entrance fee at a MONTHLY.. Next year we will have a good place to hold monthlies at UoH (basement of Taub hall).
Oh ok so the remaining melee players are cheap *** lazy wimps. ok thats cool. long live melee rofl

dilling

Smash Apprentice

I was going to tell them about this earlier, but I wasn't sure when I was supposed to. Yeah, Velox and I will pretty much be hosting monthlies at least next year, if not more often. We will need setups though. There's already a TV in there, and we'll have one, but more is always good.

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
I was going to tell them about this earlier, but I wasn't sure when I was supposed to. Yeah, Velox and I will pretty much be hosting monthlies at least next year, if not more often. We will need setups though. There's already a TV in there, and we'll have one, but more is always good.
Im happy to see people are stepping up to keep this scene alive. All we need now is for you all to come to test your skills and we should have a good turnout. Let me know when your monthlys are cause I know mines is the 1st and sometimes 2nd of the month so if you all do a monthly maybe the 3rd week of each month, i would be down to attend. I just like to see high level combat.:chuckle:

Sybawave

Smash Ace
After 12 I am lol

I can play until like 9 also. I have a bed time lol and the worst part is no one is home with me T.T parents went out of town lol gayy so now no one wakes me up xD

Top Bottom