• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Melee Thread

Sybawave

Smash Ace
What the **** is that **** lol dont' worry he would've lost anyway. Have you seen M2k at tournies recently? He can't even take teams and he is losing to average players a lot more frequently now. It would not have been worth it to play him anyway.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
That's because that had to be the gayest weekend ever to have a tournament lol I told you before hand that no one was going to make it. At least I posted it lol that was my sisters birthday weekend she just turned 2 and my cousins came down and it was a lot of fun lol definitely would've chosen that over smash even if the smash scene was still more lively.

Velox

Smash Ace
The only way a melee tournament will happen is if it's a melee only tournament schedule for at least a month before it happens. Then people will show up, especially if people get the word out and everyone knows it's serious. That's been the problem. The confidence that a tournament will be good has to be restored.

for some reason my post count stays at 666.. lol must be cause I'm a beast at this game..

dilling

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to Austin the 17th for the Endless Challenge along with a couple others from UH.

for some reason my post count stays at 666.. lol must be cause I'm a beast at this game..
I think that the post count doesn't change because this is a social thread. My post number hasn't changed yet.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
The only way a melee tournament will happen is if it's a melee only tournament schedule for at least a month before it happens. Then people will show up, especially if people get the word out and everyone knows it's serious. That's been the problem. The confidence that a tournament will be good has to be restored.
Hence why when I make a tournament dedicated to melee only or give it its own day like FS5, I get a great turnout. We had 40ish entries at FS5 and FS7, and FS7 was IMHO the best melee tournament in Texas since FS2, the last real major we had in Texas.

someone should go to austin next saturday. i know i'll be there
Sweet! I'm trying my hardest to make, and drag SOS along as well. Hopefully this time he won't lose his glasses like he did on the way to HOBO last year.

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Aight. Havent been on here in a while. Been super busy. Anyways, just wanted to know if the melee community still wants to run tournaments at test your skills? The results went from 20+ every tournament to 0. Im letting everyone know 1 month ahead of time to take off work, tell yo boss to kick rocks, whatever, just find yourself down to test your skills 9. I really want to keep melee but i cant do it without the support from you all. All it takes is a high stakes money match (25-50$) between 2 big names (ahem Sideffect vs Fletcher) and all of the players will be there. Trust me. It works.:chuckle: Cali vs Texas 2000$ MM Preview-> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwangITiFSo

This will be the thread that I will advertise melee 2 cause no need in creating another thread if all of the talk is in here. Remember, all of your turnouts was created in this thread. Just needs hype and drama. Thats all...

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Smash, tomorrow, I'm open most of the day until around 7 I think but I'm not quiet sure. Who is up for some smash though? I heard that Kalo was having a smashfest tomorrow ^_^ who would be down for that?

Sybawave

Smash Ace
That didn't happen the other week though. If I can remember correctly, you got rapeddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
That didn't happen the other week though. If I can remember correctly, you got rapeddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
By who? The only person I played the other week was you. I just learned this technique.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
No, anyone can beat YOU Ronnie because you don't play this game anymore and are completely washed up.

Jerm, hit me up bro lol I was wondering how you were doing anyway lol love to play some time since I don't see us going to another tournament anytime soon. Wait...when's the next tournament here anyway <_< >_>

Paul, you're going to have to explain what's going on in that GIF lol I thought it was just a joke about a Fox WS'ing a Ganon and then him DI'ing into the stage and grabbing the Ledge while the Fox messed up by trying to finish it with a ShineSpike because his reactions were too slow to realize that the Ganon had grabbed the edge.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
I was saying that I can host a house tournament if you guys are interested.

Or we can play whenever. Im usually free anyday after 4 or 5.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
832 922 5968

Hmm, when we play smash, we usually stop or get bored around 9 or 10. But if new people are there, no telling how long we'd play.

Top Bottom