• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Melee Thread

Pawls to the Wall

Smash Journeyman
I've had it several times as a kid, but haven't gotten it since I was probably 6 years old. My immune system seems to be bashing it though cuz I haven't thrown up and it's almost over after just a day. Can last up to 6 days in children.

I finally uploaded that crew battle. I was keeping the stock score in the first part, but then I got lazy and just uploaded it.
http://www.youtube.com/user/cluelessbtd

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Interesting matches lol whose side was I supposed to be on xD didn't know who to root for....

Wtf is Phillip lol should probably tell him to press buttons more often rather than just run around <_< At least Fletcher was up next xD and wtf happened to that last stock? Almost anything Fox could do was a better choice than running off the stage and doing that lol and he didn't even take a stock >_<

No Comment about that stupid random Roy player..he needs to quit this game lol Dam James did well on that last match though xD

Jake13

Smash Lord
good **** guys crews was fun.

HEY PAUL!

i know you got the virus and what not but you think you could get around to uploading the grand finals between me and fletcher froma few hobos ago? :) :)

thankssssssss <3

SideEffect

Smash Journeyman
Yes it was. And thanks for pointing out one of the very scarce matches where I play bad. Don't mention the times I actually play good. I wouldn't want you to feel human. =)

Sybawave

Smash Ace
3 Hobos ago lol that one when y'all pulled me out of bed because you needed oneeee extra set up despite the fact that I was sick but still had me drive half way across town for a silly game....

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Check it! I was playin mvc2 at the galleria this weekend and guess who I bumped into. Mr. Fletcher. So we got to rapping about the melee scene and stuff and I told him what i had planned for the next tournament. Since last time, lee martin beat everybody and took 1st place and said to me it was FRAY Money aka "2 easyyyy"as guile would say. I wanted to make things interesting. Somebody has got to shut this man down. I saw him 3 stocking people and he told me he dont even play the game anymore. :confused: I will give 25$ to the person who put lee martin out of the tournament. Again, whoever finishes lee martin off gets 25$. Who will step up there game and defend there title to stop this beast?

Ahem "Jake13" "Sideffect" "Mouf" "Sybawave" "Fletcher" I will await challengers:chuckle:

Sybawave

Smash Ace
That's not fair lol that means that someone in the loser's bracket will get the job done and since I WILL NOT be in the loser's bracket, I can't get that money =( it should be $12.50 to each person who beats him.

Mouf and Ronnie aren't taking him out. Jake got beat by him at the last tournament. He beat me once before, but that was at Hobo 18, I've gotten significantly better. I will not lose this time around.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Lee will still win and he doesnt even play melee. WHAHAHAHAHHAHHHAHHAHAHAAH now thats sad

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Yeah, as long as you have those mindgames, and the right character, which he apparently found lol Sheik <_<, he can still do well. He can't use Marth since the new school is too fast for him to keep up, and he can't use Fox since he doesn't have the tech skill for it. Sheik can get past both of those limits lol

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
It's kinda like riding a bike. Lee's always been good, so he still is.
ummmm no. Sure u can still ride the bike(play melee) but not nearly as good as u did back when u did it EVERY day for years(aka melee days). lol common sense???

Yeah, as long as you have those mindgames, and the right character, which he apparently found lol Sheik <_<, he can still do well. He can't use Marth since the new school is too fast for him to keep up, and he can't use Fox since he doesn't have the tech skill for it. Sheik can get past both of those limits lol
Lee doesnt play the game so he picks a char that doesnt require vast amounts of tech skill nor thought to beat trashy players. And whats sad is that you guys who PLAY the game still lose to him. WHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA

Jake13

Smash Lord
ummmm no. Sure u can still ride the bike(play melee) but not nearly as good as u did back when u did it EVERY day for years(aka melee days). lol common sense???

Lee doesnt play the game so he picks a char that doesnt require vast amounts of tech skill nor thought to beat trashy players. And whats sad is that you guys who PLAY the game still lose to him. WHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA
alright allan stfu im getting tired of this.

lee said he'd been playing lately k? not that its an excuse for why any of us lost (and it boggles my miind how it happened) but srsly brawl to melee, melee to 64, 64 to brawl, melee to brawl etc etc is NOT a hard jump. last time i played brawl with your EVERY DAY BRAWL PLAYERS i won. without trying. i don't play that game. not a big deal.

basically let lee talk his own sh.it he's a big boy you don't have to do it for him

<3

on the real tho, who got the text about the UH melee tourney july 10th? what what lets get some hype and get this **** in order.

also i'd love to play before the tourney. i haven't played since the last one :( im having withdrawals

free this fri-sun

StoneColdBeast

Smash Cadet
Ok, listen up you clowns, UoH is holding a melee tournament on July 10th that everyone in Houston has NO excuse not to attend. I know Clue, Jake, Mouf, Syba, etc. will only miss it if they legitimetly have something else going on they can't miss, but if Ronnie doesn't show, me and my thugs (my thugs and I!) are going to break his legs.

If you like melee then show to this tournament, it very well could be the only event in Texas the entire summer, and if it doesn't make attendance wise, to me that will seriously draw into question whether the game is even alive anymore or not (at a competitive tournament level).

I EXPECT more than montly level of attendance from you guys.. Although it is true that we will probabably have monthlies next (school) year at UoH, this is not a montly, it's a tournament.

- Chris

dilling

Smash Apprentice
Thanks Jake and Chris. We've got the location reserved and ready for us and we've got at least 4 set ups. Now all we need are the people to show up! (And some more setups). Head on over to the tournament thread in the Southwest region forum and let's get pumped up to actually play for real. More details will come as it gets closer to the tourney, but for now, that thread has all the info you'll need.

WE NEED THIS HOUSTON!!!

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
I just want to say my deal still stands. So far the people who have stepped up is Syba and Sideffect. I think both you can get the job done to cash in on my offer. Any other challengers want in on this? U of H players maybe? Also, I spoke to roy r. He said he was down to take on lee martin! Hmmm should be interesting if roy goes back into training mode.:chuckle:

lol at jake saying lee is a big boy

OhMyGodItzMouf

Smash Journeyman
lee martin? didn't i beat this guy with donkey kong? oh okay cool lol go ahead and prep that 25$ for me if i decide to go

Ladybug

Smash Lord
If I was to hold a Melee only tourney, would any of you come? :(

I was talking to some folks in OK and they said they would if I did.

Top Bottom