• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Melee Thread

XZalla

Smash Journeyman

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Wow that was the most random post ever lol random since we haven't seen you in forever and because you know so much about it xD come back again Xzallaaaaa

And I quit smash. I can never seem to get past 4th place.

This started last month and we just now found out about it? Ouch </3.

Why can't out hobo venue fee be $5 lol I wouldn't mind that at all xD so does this only happen on Wednesdays?

It's like ****ing farther than Hobo is lmaooooooo Yeah I doubt that I'll ever be attending this often. Maybe one time like you said during February

Velox

Smash Ace
And I quit smash. I can never seem to get past 4th place.
pshhh, I still play :'/

Sethlon said:
[I know Chris and Cesar miss me, so I am coming down to the next tournament in Houston.]
dude, my Roy has been doing decently lately, so I decided to challenged Mouf's DK at the last tournament and got hardcore *****. I never realized that match was so difficult, don't know HOW you did it..

[quote='C'-ba-wave]something something 5$ venue fee[/quote]

never before has there been a truer statement... I don't think he negotiated it well enough.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
dude, my Roy has been doing decently lately, so I decided to challenged Mouf's DK at the last tournament and got hardcore *****. I never realized that match was so difficult, don't know HOW you did it..
Just gotta not get grabbed :) Or let him set up his bair spacing. And then knock him off the edge like 10 times a stock. Lol.

I'm gonna try to come down for Whobo for sure.

darkatma

Smash Hero
lalala trolling houston
i would beat everyone here..
except sethlon. Somehow I would lose to his roy with sheik like neighborhood P did.

jk i suck

good **** syba for bringing my boy to a tourney

Sybawave

Smash Ace
lalala trolling houston
i would beat everyone here..
except sethlon. Somehow I would lose to his roy with sheik like neighborhood P did.

jk i suck

good **** syba for bringing my boy to a tourney
He wrecked our cityyyyyyyyyyyy. It was freaking amazing. And that's what I told everyone down here too lol so it'd be nice of you to come down and make what I said true.

Sethlon always beats me lol I think I'm just going to go Puff next time around ;)

oscarmalherbe

Smash Cadet
jake/oscar, let me know if we still plan to stay in houston friday night, or go to oklahoma.

if you want man it's up to you..im busy until 9ish but im still down for yall coming and staying the night. jake and I are both still ready fro oklahoma if you are. message me on facebook

Jake13

Smash Lord
I like my lovers like I like my coffee: hot, black and strong

Also I'm far too hairy to be a twink, thanks for the heads up though!

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
Hey everyone I am back in Houston, Anyone want to drive to spring/tomball yet to play me <3

I can pay for gas if need be, I am just car-less

Sethlon Vouch for how awesome I am!

Broly

Smash Lord
ALL RIGHT MOFOS HERES DA PLAN.

RGV will be leaving here at 4pm. We'll be at Oscars at around 10pm. we WILL BE LEAVING AT 4 AM from his house to Oklahoma. we got 8 people going heres the list

Broly,Vash,Defsithe,Will,Jake,Oscar,Tarzan,Shadow. we can still fit 2 peeps, so theres still a chance to go.

As of now vash is driving, but hes gonna need help. defsithe can drive as well, but i feel there should be 4 willing drivers. ill have maps ready and vash has GPS on standby. Melee will be provided in da car, so HYPE.

35 each for gas will be fine. NOW LETS FKING GO

Jake13

Smash Lord
no lie doh i had to look that one up lol and otters are cute, i can digg it

aight broly iono if you talked to oscar or not but he said he'd hit you up on fb. i found two more ppl to come with us: tsc and his friend. they're both down to go n whatnot so ***kk yeah.

When is the last time you talked to tarzan cause i haven't heard anything from him in like a month? also, who are shadow and will? and where's my bro fro and my niggga cloud2loud?

i'll throw down for two hours of driving each way.

Broly

Smash Lord
well, shadow is a brawl player in houston, and Will is a melee samus player from the valley. tsc and his friend are welcome to go. Tarzan did say if you could text him the info and stuff. i think his internet died or w/e. text him if you can. Valley people failed, mainly bville, but we still got top 2 best. we all good.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Broly,Vash,Defsithe,Will,Jake,Oscar,Tarzan,Shadow. we can still fit 2 peeps, so theres still a chance to go.
You guys will be going up through Dallas, da? I'm interested in taking one of those spots.
Only if I get a discount on the gas price though, 35 is way too much for me =/

valgar2900

Smash Journeyman
I like my lovers like I like my coffee: hot, black and strong

Also I'm far too hairy to be a twink, thanks for the heads up though!
u should have told me. i didnt know.

doh, that how i meet yo mother gif is too good.

and ill be in h-town tomorrow or friday, ima ninja u might not see me but im always @.

o yea tsc team with me!!!!!!!!!

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Oh wow, I completely skimmed over Jake's post; wasn't trying to ninja anyones spot lol. My bad.

And it looks like Dphat is going and has room, so all is well =]

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
TYS Bar fights 1 (The Beginning)

Aight so check it. Got some good news and bad news. Ill tell the good news 1st. I was at the bar fight weeklys last night and got to talking to the owner about you all coming in and attending tys bar fights. He said that he is cool as long as everyone is out by 8pm. That means all games have to be done by 8 and we can start at 3. 3-8 will be the hours of tys bar fights all the time. Now, there is really no age limit so everyone can come however 21-up can only buy drinks meaning alcohol. Everyone else can just buy soda. I will not be guaranteeing 2 tv setups because there are at funplex. I will give the people who bring setups drinks meaning sodas. I will take you to the bar and get your drink of your choice once you bring your setup in.

Now, we have to be out by 8 because his crowd comes in meaning the 21-up sat crowd plus I dont know if he has another event planned so I would like everything packed up by 730 and everybody out by 8. I will be using this venue for the month of feb/tys bar fights 1 and mar/tys bar fights 2. In apr we will resume back to funplex and hobo + tys will be together again. Now, The bad news is mc clusky has the brackets in his laptop and he left his power cord at the tournament so I cannot post the brackets. If I did create the thread I can only post top 3. Thats why i havent created the results thread so sorry to everyone that wanted to give shoutouts and view the results. I will make sure I get the brackets from now on before the tournament is done if ran by anybody else.

Now that you have all this info, I will create the tys bar fights thread so we can get 1 month of promo going for this. Let me know what everyone thinks.

Grinin

Smash Journeyman
TYS Bar fights 1 (The Beginning)

Aight so check it. Got some good news and bad news. Ill tell the good news 1st. I was at the bar fight weeklys last night and got to talking to the owner about you all coming in and attending tys bar fights. He said that he is cool as long as everyone is out by 8pm. That means all games have to be done by 8 and we can start at 3. 3-8 will be the hours of tys bar fights all the time. Now, there is really no age limit so everyone can come however 21-up can only buy drinks meaning alcohol. Everyone else can just buy soda. I will not be guaranteeing 2 tv setups because there are at funplex. I will give the people who bring setups drinks meaning sodas. I will take you to the bar and get your drink of your choice once you bring your setup in.

Now, we have to be out by 8 because his crowd comes in meaning the 21-up sat crowd plus I dont know if he has another event planned so I would like everything packed up by 730 and everybody out by 8. I will be using this venue for the month of feb/tys bar fights 1 and mar/tys bar fights 2. In apr we will resume back to funplex and hobo + tys will be together again. Now, The bad news is mc clusky has the brackets in his laptop and he left his power cord at the tournament so I cannot post the brackets. If I did create the thread I can only post top 3. Thats why i havent created the results thread so sorry to everyone that wanted to give shoutouts and view the results. I will make sure I get the brackets from now on before the tournament is done if ran by anybody else.

Now that you have all this info, I will create the tys bar fights thread so we can get 1 month of promo going for this. Let me know what everyone thinks.
What date are you planning these for, because there is a definite possibility of me hosting a tys sized tourney sometime in Feb/March and it would be good if we could collaborate on dates so as not to conflict with each other and maximize hype. xD I'm looking at a venue (the club house at an apartment complex downtown about 5x the size of our garage apartment) that we could use for monthlies. I'm talking back and forth with the manager and it should be goods once I find out the fee and prospective date.

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
What date are you planning these for, because there is a definite possibility of me hosting a tys sized tourney sometime in Feb/March and it would be good if we could collaborate on dates so as not to conflict with each other and maximize hype. xD I'm looking at a venue (the club house at an apartment complex downtown about 5x the size of our garage apartment) that we could use for monthlies. I'm talking back and forth with the manager and it should be goods once I find out the fee and prospective date.
Well Feb 12 is set in stone. I spoke to the owner again today and this is what i can do. The 1st 2 people to come through the door with a setup only has to pay 4$ (looks at jake13 and sybawave;)) Plus I will get you a free drink (soda). As far as march i havent decided a date yet but most likely be on the 1st or 3rd week. Not sure yet. As far as collaboration would be tight. Shoot me the details when u get a chance so we can iron it out. So there everyone has it. The next TYS will be on feb 12. I will make the thread shortly.

Top Bottom