• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Ozz face me in the most epic match

Retirement match

Fliphop vs Ozz

Best of 7... Loser retires from the Houston Scene.

I'm down ^_^

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
He's more fun and people can't john about losing to fox lol I was kinda sick of hearing all the falco is gay crap

Flip ill do it, marth vs diddy, its win win situation for me :)

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Ozz (Fox) vs Fliphop (Diddy)

Retirement Match

Best of 7.

Loser Retires from the Houston Scene.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
He's more fun and people can't john about losing to fox lol

Flip ill do it, marth vs diddy, its win win situation for me :)
Trap card activated! I play "I don't know the matchup!" card. It summons +5 rage counters to the field whenever I lose the matchup.

EDIT: I bet my soul on Ozz. DON'T LOSE MY SOUL.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Lol I know the marth diddy matchup way more than fox v diddy
Btw, retirement match is 100% serious dawg

edit: gonna use fawks

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I was actually referring to the Johning about losing to Fox part. ;)

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
I'm down. I don't mind leaving the Houston Scene. I should be more focused on my DJing grind anyways if I were to lose.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
UAhmad786 9:08 pm
its up to u which char
Flip 9:08 pm
you decide
UAhmad786 9:08 pm
fox
THIS IS SERIOUS BTW
Flip 9:09 pm
I AM TOO
UAhmad786 9:09 pm
WE DOIN IT
Flip 9:09 pm
NOT SURE WHEN
cause I got a wedding to DJ
next month
haha
UAhmad786 9:09 pm
hobo 29

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Tie means we both retire from the scene.
LMAO tyson said GTFO to both of us.

I'm down. I don't mind leaving the Houston Scene. I should be more focused on my DJing grind anyways if I were to lose.
i can relate. i dont mind quitting since producing hiphop is my main thing and Ive decided to take it seriously now...plus I cant go to MLG so its like mehhhh brawl.

Lmao hype

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Tie means they have to have a planking match, GOGOGO!

EDIT: No timer. KEKEKEKEKEKEKKEKE

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
I don't have a "rapping name" considering I don't rap. DUMB WHITE BOI

But really i'm probably gonna quit like after hobo 30 anyways. Smash is a phazeeeeeeeeee

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Ozz writes the lyrics and i produce the beats. Our names are PAK ATTACK and BIG MAC. Our Album is named PAK DAT MAC. On sale dis friday and your local Kroger or Adult video outlet!!!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Ozz writes the lyrics and i produce the beats. Our names are PAK ATTACK and BIG MAC. Our Album is named PAK DAT MAC. On sale dis friday and your local Kroger or Adult video outlet!!!
Let's see the music video, NAO.

heytallman

CTALL
I don't have a "rapping name" considering I don't rap. DUMB WHITE BOI
You should still have a rapping name. My rapping name is [to be filled in when I think of one, I'll be sure to let you know].

Dude I lol'd so hard. Please tell me Diarrhea Remix is your first single.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Game could not be much more janky or poorly produced. The only stunning thing in the game are the cinematics which look phenomenal.
I haven't noticed anything. It's basically 2-D Metroid on a 3-D plane. I don't see anything wrong with that. This game has pleasantly surprised me more than a few times, too.

Still, I suppose it is not for every gamer. It's certainly not the best in the series, but it is great in its own right. It took risks, and while the end result is less-than-perfect (awkward controls, BAD Samus voice actor), so far I've had a very satisfying experience going through it.

:069:

Gea

Smash Master
- Combat is a chore (switching perspectives is awkward and makes missles almost useless except some monsters won't die without it). It's hard to tell when stuff is taking damage and you get no rewards for killing any monsters save two in the entire game. No others have any drops.
- One new powerup, and your acquiring of powerups often come at stupid times. Oh, just went through all that lava? Why not have the suit now?
- Game is EXTREMELY linear with very few areas. You end up going through most of the game twice instead of there being more content. It seriously feels less varied than like, Fusion.
- Terrible story. Yeah we all agree here.
- Where's the god**** music?
- Third person over the shoulder SLOOOOOW WALLLKKKINNNGGGG

I don't know. Combat was tedious because of the controls, being forced to do finishers is sort of lame (especially if certain enemies won't do the attack that allows you to stun them...). There's very little exploration, and the game attempts to play itself constantly.

This was probably the only Metroid game I did not like.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
- Combat is a chore (switching perspectives is awkward and makes missles almost useless except some monsters won't die without it). It's hard to tell when stuff is taking damage and you get no rewards for killing any monsters save two in the entire game. No others have any drops. I like the combat system. Metroid + Ninja Gaiden works out really well. But yes, first-person mode could be more useful and a little less clunky to use.
- One new powerup, and your acquiring of powerups often come at stupid times. Oh, just went through all that lava? Why not have the suit now? Well, for the lava, I think it was to slightly increase the difficulty for that point of the game. The times when you acquire power-ups does seem a little arbitrary, though. If they decide to do future Metroid games in this style, I'm pretty sure this kind of method for getting power-ups would be taken away.
- Game is EXTREMELY linear with very few areas. You end up going through most of the game twice instead of there being more content. It seriously feels less varied than like, Fusion. I dunno, I never found linearity to be a problem in Metroid games. Open-endedness is fine and all, but I don't think it should be a requirement for Metroid games.
- Terrible story. Yeah we all agree here. So far, it's more Samus' VA than the story.
- Where's the god**** music? More upbeat music would be nice, but I like the ambience. This is a subjective point, anyways.
- Third person over the shoulder SLOOOOOW WALLLKKKINNNGGGG It was a little annoying, but I wasn't all that bothered by it.

I don't know. Combat was tedious because of the controls, being forced to do finishers is sort of lame (especially if certain enemies won't do the attack that allows you to stun them...). There's very little exploration, and the game attempts to play itself constantly. Really? I thought that there is quite a bit of exploration.

This was probably the only Metroid game I did not like. Shame, but like I said this game is not for everyone.
Answers in green.

:069:

Gea

Smash Master
Well, come back about the story after you've been through the entire game. Over half of the plot is dumped on you in one cutscene at the end. Also I understand the atmosphere they must have been trying to go for with the (lack of) music, but I found that other (Metroid) games have managed to tout great tunes that add to the ambiance without leaving our favorite bounty hunter in silence.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom