• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
kilik.... that is so awesome!!!!! dude ill show everything i know about pit. and that way we could go double pit when the match ups call for it (like pit does just as good against pika as pika does against pit. you'll have to get esca to help with that MU tho, im still learning it myself). but i can see pit being a good second for shiek as he covers a lot of her hardest MUs.

but ya if you want ill PM you the links to my chaingrab thread other stuff for sure.

sheikamaru

jive
Hey guys.... how would you like going to a venue that's 5 min away from funplex sells awesome tapioca and food at an inexpensive price and would like to host local houston tournaments?

sheikamaru

jive
Like don't ignore me on this this place is really legit and could hold all of houstons local tournies and its big enough to hold 30+ people. I'm mainly speaking to sync and xyro.

Its called kims tapioca and it's off of highway 6 and bellair

sheikamaru

jive
His names ivan he's a cool guy to :D it'll be more of a local thing too like hobo no need for ally to come here I can give you his number too. Did I mention he'll charge a cheaper fee for venue too :D

sheikamaru

jive
At the least just test it out then if it's a no go then back to funplex or whereever xyro/sync decide to host

Anyone wanna wifi real quick?

TheJerm

Smash Champion
haha kims tea house. I used to go there years ago. Knew/know alot of the workers there. And I would rather not have tourneys there. Small area, and that place gets alot of traffic.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Kim's Teahouse?

That place is not big enough for a Hobo by any means, not only that it's not a place that doesn't get attention, there would be too many people with customers

****ing ninja jerm

Tesh

Smash Hero
kilik:" Help im getting cged!"
maharba:"OK BUT CHECK OUT MY ARROW GOING AROUND THE STAGE THO"
lol, i chucled at the thought of this, I will upload this stuff soon
kilik.... that is so awesome!!!!! dude ill show everything i know about pit. and that way we could go double pit when the match ups call for it (like pit does just as good against pika as pika does against pit. you'll have to get esca to help with that MU tho, im still learning it myself). but i can see pit being a good second for shiek as he covers a lot of her hardest MUs.

but ya if you want ill PM you the links to my chaingrab thread other stuff for sure.
yo i wanna learn pit too, i just reverse 3 stocked this falco on wifi with pit. dude he so gay, but i dont know how to fly good and aerial good, I just camp and smash but it works. imagine how gay it will be to play a sonic/pit main. ban brinstar? PICTOCHAT, ban pictochat? BRINSTARCRUISEFINO!!!!

OMG WHOEVER HAS MY HOM SETS WITH ILLMATIC AND TRELA, GIMMIE GIMMIE!!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I haven't had boba in a looooong time. I want some boba now...

Tesh

Smash Hero
I just recorded/watched Maharba + Kilik in teams, you guys are hilarious and I can't imagine how annoying it must be to deal with arrows and needles from both sides while pit planks while sheik gimps you while the guy upairs while she is filting to upair with the rapid jab gayness from both sides and u cant DI in to punish it.

****ING GAY, LOVE IT!!

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
amen to that. and thx tesh, and for sure ill show you guys pit. we are gonna need more pit's in houston since esca is quitting brawl after genesis and that will leave just me and wingless.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I just beat someone on aib ladder all pit. Make it 3!!

Ya'll just need a dynamic projectile game so no one ever makes it close to you guys.

Tesh

Smash Hero
i didnt even start uploading them, im still converting my matches to go up as well

i just played some wifi ladder, used falcon, pit and metaknight.

my feedback:
GGs. You know there's more to Pit than just to bait with arrows.
ggs, come on man I'm trying to have fun with my random chars don't camp me like that XD
I'll john on this one. Biggest ***** ive played. He doesn't attack he camps. It might have been bearable if it was for the full second button lag i ad even after i closed everything on my computer and only had brawl playing. ****ty pit and a worse MK.
Now I'll reveal my winning strategy. First game go Falcon on battlfield, camp the top platform for as long as possible. Don't try to win, just falcon kick past them if they try to get you. After you lose game 1, cp japes and go mk. Now you should be on game 3 about 8 minutes later. Go Pit and shoot arrows on their "anti mk" cp.

I'm a pro.

@KRD, iono tbh, people banned rc against me just now when i went pit first match. He seems like he would be kind of meh there. He can fly but he is awkward in places kinda like Sonic is. Manageable but iono. I just CP Delfino and Japes.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
@KRD, iono tbh, people banned rc against me just now when i went pit first match. He seems like he would be kind of meh there. He can fly but he is awkward in places kinda like Sonic is. Manageable but iono. I just CP Delfino and Japes.
Yeah, I'd be more worried about fighting Pit on Delphino on than RC. Then again I have D3 so that's probably why.

:059:

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
@krd

pit's arrows are actually buffed at brinstar vs people like falco who can usually counter camp. you see on the right side we can stand behind the pillar but the bow animation put the tip of the arrow past the front of it so we can actually shoot arrows from behind the pillar and be 100% safe against any other projectile nades aside. here is the link to the pit's stage discussion that im holding. just look under brinstar.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=302433

there is stuff in there about RC too in case you wanna know more about pit there tesh

edit:

the actual discussions aren't there, these are just where the summaries are

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
i got a question about pit mains(cept the pro pits). why the hell do they obsess over arrows? those things are not even close to being as useful as falcos laser or toonlink projectiles(and these guys HAVE a reason to obsess over them). Every TOP pit i see never worries about arrow loop this and double arrow loop to poop scoop that, they make smart reads and time attacks correctly. when will the masses of pit players realize this?

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Arrow loops are not useful, the time it takes to shoot and loop an arrow you could shoot multiple arrows straight at your opponent

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
so your just gonna disregard yass? the best pit in europe who uses arrow looping better than any other pit hands down?

but i agree that looping is over rated by many pits, but you are not giving our camping game enough credit. most good pits loop very rarely during a match if at all, it just about pressure and angles. but for the most part it's all about just normal curved and straight arrows forcing the approach.

Tesh

Smash Hero
the fancy stuff has uses, its actually a pretty dynamic projectile, as im sure you know. Its just as impractical as some of the amazing possibilities that ICs have because of how difficult it is to master pinpoint accuracy without making it obvious.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
ok so we determined its fancy but pretty much useless? ok cool thats what i as thinking cause its pretty obvious if the pit didnt shoot it AT YOU then hes either shooting casper or gonna try and loop it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom