• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

valgar2900

Smash Journeyman
Yoh, so I'm heading over to PZ to see what's up and if anything can be done. It seems this might all be a misunderstanding... We shall see. Hopefully it is and Whobo will resume as normal. I'll update later tonight.

PS: MvC2 fights are the BEST thing to see. Not the match itself... Just the playerz. They all have chrome trash cans from Egypt - on chains! Around their necks! It's awesome!
the mvc2 from the south isnt like the like the east and west coast players. so u want see that down here.

heytallman

CTALL
I will MM someone in Smash 64. **** Melee, and **** Brawl. Smash 64 is where that **** is at!

And **** a hacked version of Smash 64 on the Wii. I play the real **** son, N64 all the way, *****!!!

HIT THAT ***** WITH A FREEZE POP!!!

Gnes

Smash Master
i left my phone at a nearby civic center :-(

RT im goin to the PnT weekly...i want my PSP!!! I have very little cash :-(...ill call u when i get off work

i hate my job

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Lol, stop losing your phone everywhere. What are you, like 80? Yeah, I guess we can go to the PnT then. Hopefully the turnout will be at least 8 this time, lawl. :)

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I want to say yes, but I won't know for sure until the day of the smashfest. We shall see. :)

Axxo

Smash Apprentice
Reminder​

........................................................................................................................................................................................
Its Pronouncd (All-Moe-Boe)

AwL
MoBo​

(Axxo's Weekly Living Melee Or Brawl Orgie)
When: Every Saturday (unless its been canceled or a if theres a Hobo)
There will be SSB
,SSBM,SSBB,SSBB+
Also a Tournament if more than 10 people show up.
Plz bring Set-ups
Starts at 11a.m.
Tourney's Start at 2:30p.m.

Tourny Rules:
Melee: MLG Rule Set
Brawl: Hobo Rule Set

Entry Fee: $4
Axxo Cool Fee: 4$ <-----Sry but need money to run these things.

Payout:
1st=60%
2nd=30%
3rd=10%

Call cell for any Questions
832-659-1018

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Gner, we should go to the Chinese buffet place. Flip and Furbs might go there. That means a bigger pot! With REAL money, lawl. Everyone would place top 3 and you could just split the pot three-ways. I don't know if I want to enter though...

Razer, I said day of smashfest. Stuff happens. :)

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Gner, we should go to the Chinese buffet place. Flip and Furbs might go there. That means a bigger pot! With REAL money, lawl. Everyone would place top 3 and you could just split the pot three-ways. I don't know if I want to enter though...

Razer, I said day of smashfest. Stuff happens. :)
a pot full of lo mein........

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
im not goin anywhere tomorrow, just gonna have some people over for smash after the PNT tournament. john and jim (swat?) might come. jerm and bluej are coming probably.

garrR

Smash Apprentice
im not goin anywhere tomorrow, just gonna have some people over for smash after the PNT tournament. john and jim (swat?) might come. jerm and bluej are coming probably.
REP THAT SWAT. i would have came with john but i'm still at school. won't be back til either sunday or monday. let me know the next time you do somethin ozz, i'll be sure to come.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Can you guys keep me updated ASAP on what's going on with WHOBO? I've been corresponding with a group from Mexico interested in coming, so I need to keep them up-to-date if there's big changes.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Take...more liek FAKE.

Hmm, 6 is so late. I would love to come earlier than that if possible. :)

heytallman

CTALL
lol do you realize i main marth right? lol, how bout i use ike or DK so i dont feel bad.
I lol'd so hard when I read this. :dk2: supposedly ***** :lucas: too. In fact, I think the :lucas: matchup thread has :dk2: listed as a harder matchup than :marth: for some reason. Doesn't matter. It's a free five bucks for you nomatter who you choose. You could probably pick :random: and still win lolololololoololoolololololol

edit: my offer for MM's in Smash 64 still stand. Once again, no hacked Smash on the Wii BS, I will play only on N64.

XZalla

Smash Journeyman
http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=168284
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
To fulfill that holiday need for competition members of the Houston crew will be hosting a tournament on December 13, 2008 (Saturday). Earn some Christmas cash and silence all the doubters.
Some things may still be changed. Check for updates.

5158 Aldine Mail Rd
Houston, TX

The tournament is inside a restaurant and I convinced the owner to give a discount on the food.

Fees:

$10 registration/venue
$10 per game
$5 (optional) All you can eat chinese buffet served between 4-10pm

Registration starts at 3pm.

Tournaments:

1st/2nd/3rd place
70/20/10 split

All games are played on console so bring your own stick/pad/converter

4pm Street Fighter III: Third Strike (PS2)

4pm Super Smash Brothers Brawl (Wii)

5pm Marvel vs Capcom 2 (DC)

6pm Capcom vs SNK 2 (PS2) $5 entry

6pm Guilty Gear Accent Core (PS2)

Optional: (if time permits)

SF2: Super Turbo (PS2)

Third Strike Rules:

2 out of 3 and double elimination
losers, winners and grand finals 3 out of 5

Winning player must keep the same character, but can change super art's. The losing player can choose a new character.

MvC2 Rules:

losers and winners finals 3 out of 5 grand finals 4 out of 7

You may not use any glitch that prevent the game from being played. This includes game freezing, game resetting, player freezing, etc.
Deadbody infinites are allowed to gain a positional advantage, but not to delay the game. You may not use the same character twice on one team.
Winner keeps the same team, while the loser can switch teams.

GGAC Rules:

losers, winners and grand finals 3 out of 5

No ex, gold, shadow, or any other alternate characters allowed.
Winner keeps the same character and the losers can change characters.

SSBB Rules: *Random stages:
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Story
Battlefield
Pokémon Stadium 1

*Counterpicks:
Castle Siege
Delfino
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Brinstar
Corneria
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Luigi's Mansion
Norfair
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Rainbow Cruise

Everything else is banned.

* Dave's Stupid Rule: a player cannot counterpick a stage that he has already won on.

* Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match
2. Opponents may choose one stage to be banned from the random selection
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, and immediately restarted if either opponents random stage bans comes up on random.
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Random Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
Double blind character selection may be called for the first match.

* Matches will be best 2/3, with the exception of winner's, loser's, and Grand finals, which will be 3/5.

* Time set to 8 minutes.
In the event of the timer running out, winner will be decided by stock and then %. If for some crazy reason stock and percent are both tied when time runs out, players will play out a 1 stock overtime match.

* Items set to 'off' and 'none'.

* Teams will be arranged in a 1221 slot format.

* Wiimote users: Remove your batteries after each of your sets. We don't want the syncing to mess with other tournament matches.

* Disputes over who gets the first strike in a match or what team is to have what slots, etc, will be resolved with a game of rock-paper-scissors.

* If a game ends with Browser or Ganondorf suicide killing on the last stock, that game will count as a win for Bowser/Ganondorf.

* Stalling is banned. (defined: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is.)

* Metaknight's infinite dimensional cape is banned.

Get ready for some action.
------------------------------------------------

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Yeah, that's the tourney that's today. Note that it will be $20 (10+10) total if you go just for Brawl only. And turnout will probably be low. Oh well, if anyone goes, guess I'll see you there.

Oh, and brings setups/Wiis if you can, since they apparently need them. :)

Axxo

Smash Apprentice
Awl Mobo will be starting when the tourney finishes...The one posted above....I will be going to this and coming back with xzalla....food will still be provided....plz come.....

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
REP THAT SWAT. i would have came with john but i'm still at school. won't be back til either sunday or monday. let me know the next time you do somethin ozz, i'll be sure to come.
yea sure no prob

Smash Bros., Team Ninja devs team up for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Wii fighter

The good news is that the game will be made of ex-Smash Bros., and Team Ninja devs. Excellent, excellent team up. Not much is known about the game so far, but there are some details that have been confirmed. The game will have a 2.5D design (a la Smash), and will have a glow effect color system to keep track of their fighters.

Of course, the game will have four-player fighting. There will be unlockable characters and stages, and various modes. Confirmed modes are Story, Battle Royal, Tournament, Practice, and two Winner/Loser Stays modes. Online gaming is said to have better implementation than SSBB. I'd love to see a third-party game outmatch Nintendo's prized brawler.

http://wii.qj.net/Smash-Bros-Team-Ninja-devs-team-up-for-TMNT-Wii-fighter/pg/49/aid/127274

very interesting....

Popertop

Smash Champion
lol do you realize i main marth right? lol, how bout i use ike or DK so i dont feel bad

btw BEAUMONTFEST everyone come, we want to start around 5:30, 6.
RT, you guys can show up at 2. Me and CY will be hereeeee. you can all show up at 2. there really isnt a time for this.

This is esca btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom