• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How cool would it be if Skull Kid was in SSBB?

Legolastom

Smash Hero
More than small makeover though. They're exactly like their Twilight Princess counterparts. That's why everybody is in cahoots about Sheik making it, because she wasn't in Twilight Princess.

But Aonuma did submit updated designs for Sheik, but it's a matter or not whether Sakurai uses them. >:

I guess they would definately update Vaati, but I still don't know about him making it, because only reason Sheik is getting an update if she does make it, is because she was in Melee.

I'm not too sure about the history you're describing. Skull Kids are random kids who find their way in Lost Woods and never leave. There's not even a background we really know about the Skull Kid in Majora's Mask.

He was simply a tool that Majora used. He did play an important role, but if you look at it from my point of view, he was just a vessel used in the grand scheme.

Although I am rethinking my decision on his individual occurrence, he I am speculating that Ocarina of Time's Skull Kid is the same one in Majora's Mask because he knew Saria's Song. So this history is probably likely, but he is still a supporting character.

As far as the attachment to Midna is concerned, she basically stole the show. She was like the first sidekick who was associated with other people other than Link.

Skull Kid - A brief history: He was friends with the giants long before MM and of course as you know they went a way that led to him being lonely and feeling rejected he then went on to cause mischief all over Termina, of course at some point he crossed over to Hyrule and encountered Link in the lost woods. Then on his way back he stole Majoras mask from the HMS, the mask fed of his feelings of rejection and such causing it to become even more powerful, it then went on now to cause a lot of bad things to happen over Termina such as the Gorons lands being covered in winter and the rising of the dead at Ikana.

After Link summoned the giants and stopped the moon the mask done its stuff and left Skull Kid there, the skull Kid then become friends again with Link, his two fairies and the giants.

Of course if he was in Brawl he would have the mask with him... Majoras mask = Skull kid.

Now if that isn't enough to separate him from the others by god I don't know what is.

She was associated to Zelda, Zant, Ganondorf, spirit guardians, the twilight realm. And assuming that she is royalty like most suspect, that's enough individuality for a character. She'd also be the tallest female character who looks 'dark/evil" to be in Brawl assuming that she would be able to transform into her true form like the way Zelda does with Sheik.
Skull Kid was associated with almost everyone living in Termina, he caused ALL the major (And minor) events in the game and led Link to Termina, he also met with Link in the past and has appeared in a couple of games. He would be a medium sized character who would make use of dark magic and possibly even long tendril type attacks. He would be a character that adds a sense of evil and even insanity to the game.

Now if all THAT isn't enough I don't know what is.

vesperview

Smash Hero
its a secret to everybody, but you can revive aerith. its realy hard and annoying though.
you remember that battle arena thing in the golden mushroom? go there and lose 50 times getting 50 tissues. then, go cry at aerith's death bed 50 times useing them. she then comes back as a ghost and tells you to go retrieve the special materia or whatever it was called that she kept in her hair(I know it sounds far fetched). you then take it back to her death bed and use it, she then comes back to life ready to use. however, this has no effect on the story line so its like she is still dead.

you can choose not to beleive me if you wish, I dont know exactly all the details so if you dont know exactly were each of these spots are, as in you go to the wrong places, it wont work.
OMG! That's such a lie!

Conker1

Smash Ace
Skull Kid is the only Zelda character I can put any support behind. The rest are lame/uninteresting.

Skullkid

Smash Apprentice
Skull Kid - A brief history: He was friends with the giants long before MM and of course as you know they went a way that led to him being lonely and feeling rejected he then went on to cause mischief all over Termina, of course at some point he crossed over to Hyrule and encountered Link in the lost woods. Then on his way back he stole Majoras mask from the HMS, the mask fed of his feelings of rejection and such causing it to become even more powerful, it then went on now to cause a lot of bad things to happen over Termina such as the Gorons lands being covered in winter and the rising of the dead at Ikana.
:laugh:

*Wipes tear* I love that little guy...

Hey, remember when Skull Kid robbed Link for the Ocarina? Or when he left that witch (Koutume?) wounded in the forest? And of course none of us could forget when he summoned the moon to crush the earth...

Skull Kid was a menace.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Although I am rethinking my decision on his individual occurrence, he I am speculating that Ocarina of Time's Skull Kid is the same one in Majora's Mask because he knew Saria's Song. So this history is probably likely, but he is still a supporting character.
and also remembered link's aroma XD

I also remember pretty well that brat, majoras was a great game IMO, althought i think that i would prefer him as an assist throphie apearing, playing teh errie flute and making the errie dance.. or who knows, the majoras mask as a transformaton item mainly because I thin that the Masked Link would be a better young link replacement instead of WW link, being able of switch tranformations between deku, zora and goron, and two majoras mask reps, would be much

(also if isn't a WW link as young link, the vaati could appear as a rep of the series...)

The deku, the goron and the zora had interesting stories (altought the deku one was a silent story) and also, should be great to play as a goron and a zora, (well known races in the zeldas games) and this form could be the only way of making posible...

so, althought i like the villian skull kid i still think that trimasked younglink is a better rep for the series.. sorry

Fodder

Smash Apprentice
so, althought i like the villian skull kid i still think that trimasked younglink is a better rep for the series.. sorry
But the problem with that idea, as I see it is that having too many transformation/switching characters cheapens it because it is no longer unique, but sometimes a pain. Especially if you had to cycle through 2 or 3 possibly useless forms, in the case of your trimasked younglink, to get to the form you wanted only to lose it after a careless button press. I think young link would just do better in capitalizing on the cool equipment he has.

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
Skull Kid was associated with almost everyone living in Termina, he caused ALL the major (And minor) events in the game and led Link to Termina, he also met with Link in the past and has appeared in a couple of games. He would be a medium sized character who would make use of dark magic and possibly even long tendril type attacks. He would be a character that adds a sense of evil and even insanity to the game.
Well of course he was, but not directly and personal. We didn't see him have any conversation with other denizens of Termina and was vaguely referred to by the main cast.

Like Ganondorf was referred to by like almost all through Ocarina of Time by the sages and Zelda herself. Also, the fact that Ocarina of Time was sort of a side story aside from the main reoccurring theme of saving Zelda and awakening the Triforce of Coruage also makes the game seem insignificant to the series' main titles.

I still haven't beaten Phantom Hourglass yet, but by the looks of it, after playing Wind Waker and defeating Ganondorf again, the game kind of seems pointless in comparison to most of the other Zelda titles, all you have to do is rescue Tetra and help the Ocean King defeat the main villain . So compared this game along with Majora's Mask to Ocarina of Time or Link to the Past and they don't seem as important to the series despite them being very enjoyable.

SvartWolf, I made a mistake and meant Twilight Princess' Skull Kid is the same one that appeared in MM and OoT. (:

He was playing Saria's song as we chased him in the Lost Wood's portion in the Sacred Groove.

AlbelNox

Smash Journeyman
Wouldn't it be wonderful for Skull Kid/Majora to appear, it would be so great. But it's not likely to happen, so I guess we'll just have to live with that.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
But the problem with that idea, as I see it is that having too many transformation/switching characters cheapens it because it is no longer unique, but sometimes a pain. Especially if you had to cycle through 2 or 3 possibly useless forms, in the case of your trimasked younglink, to get to the form you wanted only to lose it after a careless button press. I think young link would just do better in capitalizing on the cool equipment he has.
mm, when i played with zelda i actually used both , Zelda and shiek, in fact, i was better playing with zelda ._.

i like a lot transformation characters, and to master all the forms of a transformation character is a interesting weapon, as you can change you rythm whenever you want (and being a bit less predictable) the idea is that they doesn't make the other two forms useless ¬¬

also... i would likely play with a zora or a goron, but putting a generic zora or goron in the game would be boring and i don't think that darunia or ruto would have ever a posibilty to be in the roster... (also the idea would be three transformations only plus another with FS...)

oh, and Darky dee... i haven't played TP, i don't have a wii and i want to play it in wii...

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Well of course he was, but not directly and personal. We didn't see him have any conversation with other denizens of Termina and was vaguely referred to by the main cast.

Like Ganondorf was referred to by like almost all through Ocarina of Time by the sages and Zelda herself. Also, the fact that Ocarina of Time was sort of a side story aside from the main reoccurring theme of saving Zelda and awakening the Triforce of Coruage also makes the game seem insignificant to the series' main titles.

I still haven't beaten Phantom Hourglass yet, but by the looks of it, after playing Wind Waker and defeating Ganondorf again, the game kind of seems pointless in comparison to most of the other Zelda titles, all you have to do is rescue Tetra and help the Ocean King defeat the main villain . So compared this game along with Majora's Mask to Ocarina of Time or Link to the Past and they don't seem as important to the series despite them being very enjoyable.

SvartWolf, I made a mistake and meant Twilight Princess' Skull Kid is the same one that appeared in MM and OoT. (:

He was playing Saria's song as we chased him in the Lost Wood's portion in the Sacred Groove.
In storyline only... but still many people consider it a better game than Ocarina of time... and thats considered the greatest game of all time.

And Skull Kid/Majoras mask is one of the more noteworthy villains... there are only really three anyway (Skull Kid, G-Dorf and Vaati). Vaati really has more or less the same importance (according to you) as Skull Kid... and yet Skull Kid has appeared in the better game and is much more unique than Vaati.

Fodder

Smash Apprentice
i like a lot transformation characters, and to master all the forms of a transformation character is a interesting weapon, as you can change you rythm whenever you want (and being a bit less predictable) the idea is that they doesn't make the other two forms useless ¬¬
I stand corrected, that would be an incredibly fun and effective way of playing if one mastered it. however, I am just too dang lazy to bother switching when I play as Sheik.:)

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Troll much? and also your opinion really doesn't count around here anymore so sorry best if you leave.

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
Hey for all the haters who post stupid arguments about why SK should'nt be in Brawl, let me quote Mr. Sakurai...
'Well, I guess Super Smash Bros. Brawl is the kind of game where anyone can show up and anything can happen!'
And in case you've been too busy trolling... Sakurai is the guy in charge of this game!

The Nerd

Smash Journeyman
I think Skull Kid would make a perfect 'WTF?' character, which is the kind of character I'm betting will be announced next.

Skullkid

Smash Apprentice
I think Skull Kid would make a perfect 'WTF?' character, which is the kind of character I'm betting will be announced next.
See, I'm a little different. I don't even think Skull Kid is that "WTF?!". "WTF?!" characters have a certain unlikeliness to them, but I just don't think the Skull Kid has it. He's too far within the realm of possibility to be "WTF?!". Its he's not like, say....Game & Watch was to Melee, who I'm sure no one saw coming until he was announced. I don't know...its hard to explain.

Intercept

Smash Journeyman
I had an idea for an alternative FS to the expected and most likely broken moon crashing. Skull Kid could turn everybody into trees, but it would last for a solid minute. He wouldn't be able to move people, but he could stack damage well. Also, if someone was over a cliff it would be instant death.

Mogrika

Smash Apprentice
Why on earth would Skull Kid be in Brawl? He is the worst Zelda villain in history, Vaati is way better!

The Nerd

Smash Journeyman
I am now imagining a scarlet-red/purple Skull Kid.

And now a gold/silver Skull Kid.

It's such a cool idea that it makes me want to draw him those colours... If only I wasn't terrible at drawing.

Skullkid

Smash Apprentice
I am now imagining a scarlet-red/purple Skull Kid.

And now a gold/silver Skull Kid.

It's such a cool idea that it makes me want to draw him those colours... If only I wasn't terrible at drawing.
I'm bad at drawing too. :(

Any Skull Kid advocates with any talents in that department? Pics please.

Santini

Smash Journeyman
Skull Kid would be great.

He's a villain. He has great moveset potential. And he is a fan favorite.

Way better than Vaati

Samurai_Sushi

Smash Rookie
I support this thread and SK. Now this is just my opinion and he is the only real character that I truly want in this game right now, but I think that MM was probobly one of the most creative zelda games made, plotwise. The whole game and mood was just completley darker, which was a new thing for zelda. When I first heard of the plot for it, I couldn't see an apocolypse in the zelda universe, but it all played together pretty good. SK isn't an average, power, hungry villain (I consider him a villain). He actually has a creative story behind him of isolation and abandonment. Also, there is a great potential in his moveset. The mask grants pretty much anything, so there is a very large, vast variety of moves he could do. Of course the final smash has to be the moon. Plus, Tatl and Tael as attacks would be pretty unique. Overall, I really think that he could offer something completely new, in a good way, to SSB. Just think of Mr. Game and Watch's evil twin.

Weed

Smash Lord
I dont mind him, his creepy laugh would make an awesome taunt/victory. I'm kind of torn between him and Geno.

Puffs

Smash Ace
I think you mean Majora's Mask using Skull Kid's body as a playable character. But nonetheless, MM is the best Zelda ever, and MM using Skull Kid deserves a spot.

Earthbenderjump5

Smash Journeyman

i don't see how people don't think ^ is original, i don't know anyone who would come up with that just out of their heads.....btw....i like him with majora's mask better, much better.
thats why i posted that one on there.
nnnd

i wouldn't mind him in well i would like it, also they do need more LoZ characters, and need to add gandorf back with better moves....much better.

MM is the best Zelda ever, and MM using Skull Kid deserves a spot.

oh yes very much so. the best game...well i think they go in order (as betterness)

Oot, MM, TP

but thats just my opinion, i like the cut scenes which MM didn't have too many, like with zelda, that made me mad no zelda was their, it would've been cool if zelda was a part of it, although she was in a way. not much at all, but yes he does deserve a spot.
his was better then TP even with the cut scenes and thats hard to do. make a game good without cut *good cut scenes i think. and although TP had it, it still doesn't match up to it.

ValiantVernon

Smash Journeyman
personlly i think i would rather some more popular characters to make it in the game, although i love skull kid, but i think they might add him as an AT at least in Majoras Mask form !!!=]

Top Bottom