• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How cool would it be if Skull Kid was in SSBB?

vesperview

Smash Hero
Of course I like Skull Kid. Did I ever once use that to prove that he has a good possibility of being in Brawl? Not once, unlike your blatant bias toward Midna.

I already know his chances are "less than stellar", and I never said that they were particularly that great to begin with. All I'm saying is that Skull Kid isn't as worthless as you try to make him out to be, and he IS a valid contender for the 4th Zelda spot, however much you may not like it.
This is all blatant bias too, so don't flatter yourself, why don't you explain how Skull Kid is relevant in Brawl if he wasn't in Melee? It's pointless, Majora's had it's representation in Melee and guess what? NO Skull Kid, adding him now, not only it doesn't represent Zelda's newer generation games and characters, it belittles them, Vaati is a much more current and deserving villain, hell even Tetra is more deserving than Skull Kid.

AlbelNox

Smash Journeyman
Well, I think Skull Kid has something that makes him by far more importanting than Midna: His moveset potential.

When you think of Skull Kid (with Majora's Mask) fighting in Smash Bros, you can't deny it would be so terribly fun, with all those crazy and characteristic attacks he have. But Midna... Can't even stand in her own feet. Also, she's so small, and making her bigger would be ridiculous. Yeah, I like Midna a lot, but in Brawl she wouldn't be worth anything if not as an AT.

Limit

Smash Apprentice
This is all blatant bias too, so don't flatter yourself, why don't you explain how Skull Kid is relevant in Brawl if he wasn't in Melee? It's pointless, Majora's had it's representation in Melee and guess what? NO Skull Kid, adding him now, not only it doesn't represent Zelda's newer generation games and characters, it belittles them, Vaati is a much more current and deserving villain, hell even Tetra is more deserving than Skull Kid.
What's pointless? The fact that you can't seem to draw logical conclusions from ANYTHING and instead base everything solely upon your own opinions and desires?

Want to know why he wasn't in Melee? There were only three spots for Zelda characters. He would never get in before Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf. That was a tough one, good thing I decided to think before I jumped to false conclusions.

Skull Kid is not representing the game Majora's Mask. Skull Kid is representing himself.

Have Zelda's newer generation games and characters been in as many games as Skull Kid? Do they deserve priority over a character who is continually a part of the series? No, because the only time they will ever get under the spotlight is within their own respective Zelda games. They do not represent classic characters who are a part of the franchise as a WHOLE.

And the remainder of your post was just comprised of opinions so I ignored them. Show me some facts or logic to back up your statements, or don't give me them at all.

Mysteryfox1

Smash Ace
The Netherlands, Noord-Brabant, Aarle Rixtel
Skull kid had his time in melee? Pit did already in the 64 smash bros and look he's in. And it doesn't matter if it's very recent Skull Kid is like a classic zelda character. And Skull kid had at least some represantation (Great bay Majora's mask trophie) and maby he was deserving in melee but their wasn't enough time. They made Skull kid purposely come back in the zelda series because he's unique. Midna can't come back because the mirror is broken. about Tetra I don't remember her very well but I think it was actually Zelda and she's just another form of her and I think a weird species with a strange mask that has apoliptic (or something srry I don't know a lot of english I'm only 13) powers is a little more unique then a pirate

EDIT: Wow a lot of SK with MM love great:D:D:D did you guys (Limit and Vesperview) play MM???

Stryks

Smash Hero
Skull kid had his time in melee? Pit did already in the 64 smash bros and look he's in. And it doesn't matter if it's very recent Skull Kid is like a classic zelda character. And Skull kid had at least some represantation (Great bay Majora's mask trophie) and maby he was deserving in melee but their wasn't enough time. They made Skull kid purposely come back in the zelda series because he's unique. Midna can't come back because the mirror is broken. about Tetra I don't remember her very well but I think it was actually Zelda and she's just another form of her and I think a weird species with a strange mask that has apoliptic (or something srry I don't know a lot of english I'm only 13) powers is a little more unique then a pirate
WTF are u talking about, pit is a RETRO character, in which hes part of a series who is no longer contiuing...
not only is skull kid NOT retro, theyre have been MULTIPLE zeldas since the release of melee, and MM had rep in melee...
Saria is a classic character, tingles a classic character, Impa, ur point?
How is a scarecrow kid unique? Im sorry but dont see the unique of that...
Midna had a bigger role in TP that skull kid had in MM, and she may NEVER come back, but since there hasnt been a game since TPs release, we cant be certain, and it wont matter if we add a character that will probably wont return, but is important in the latest game, e.x. shiek in oot, and was in melee...

vesperview

Smash Hero
What's pointless? The fact that you can't seem to draw logical conclusions from ANYTHING and instead base everything solely upon your own opinions and desires?
Again, Zelda focusing on her newest installments in Brawl is not an opinion.

Want to know why he wasn't in Melee? There were only three spots for Zelda characters. He would never get in before Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf. That was a tough one, good thing I decided to think before I jumped to false conclusions.
Assumption or fact?

Skull Kid is not representing the game Majora's Mask. Skull Kid is representing himself.
I forgot what Skull Kid was wearing in his face.

Oh yeah, I forgot in what game that mask appeared.[/sarcasm]

Have Zelda's newer generation games and characters been in as many games as Skull Kid? Do they deserve priority over a character who is continually a part of the series? No, because the only time they will ever get under the spot light is within their own respective Zelda games. They do not represent characters who are a part of the franchise as a WHOLE.

And the remainder of your post was just opinions so I ignored them.
Tingle is more reocurring and important than Skull Kid, I don't see you supporting him, please, stop using those lame cameos as an argument, they add absolutely nothing to the games in which they take place and don't make him deserving or important in any way, Vaati has been reoccurring too, so has Tetra, I still don't see what makes you think Skull Kid is more deserving than them, plus, all of what you have stated is far more biased.

Mysteryfox1

Smash Ace
Tingle Saria and Impa were not very good roles in a game SK was a main villain and had two cameos and I think a scarecrow kid is uniquer then someone who's playing pirate and what exactly did Midna do in TP what was far more then almost destroying a world and destroying the enviremont? is Tingle important? in which game I don't know anything about Vaati because I've never seen him in a game I heard he was a villain but I still support SK with MM more just because I like him I gave enough Pro arguments for him I think so I'll just leave it with that

vesperview

Smash Hero
Tingle Saria and Impa were not very good roles in a game SK was a main villain and had two cameos and I think a scarecrow kid is uniquer then someone who's playing pirate and what exactly did Midna do in TP what was far more then almost destroying a world and destroying the enviremont? is Tingle important? in which game I don't know anything about Vaati because I've never seen him in a game I heard he was a villain but I still support SK with MM more just because I like him I gave enough Pro arguments for him I think so I'll just leave it with that
Tingle has two games starring him and has made appearances in seven Zelda games, he is far more important than Skull Kid and did you even play Twilight Princess? I guess you don't know that Midna IS the Twilight Princess, the reason why the whole game starts in the first place.

Mysteryfox1

Smash Ace
Yes I played twilight princess but it was a long time ago I know she's the twilight princess but the only important thing she does is using the fused shadows to break that barrier and to to do some extra moves with link I think SK with MM has a better chance then Midna and has indeed a worser chance then Tingle but I just like SK with MM more so I support him and I played some games with tingle in and he had very minor parts in them and had he made a appaerance in twilight princess?

EDIT: did you play MM?

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
I am tired of this idiotic Midna or Skull Kid debate. Midna is the helper character in one game who's fans have taken her role ridiculously out of proportion. Skull Kid is a nostalgic villain who keeps making cameo appearances. Now at first glance I can understand why Midna would seem like the main character but if you stop and actually think about it she really isn't that important. Zant could have killed her when he took over the Twilight realm. This would have not changed Link's quest. He would still have to travel to save hyrule and all that jazz. Now you could argue that Midna did some really important stuff like teleportation and helping Link in the twilight but those are just trivial things that could have been done by a fairy or item. Midna's actual importance to the story is fairly small.

Skull Kid on the other hand is the reason the game happens. He stole the mask from the HMS and by doing so he brought the apocalypse on the land of Termina. This alone is a hell of alot more than Midna did. Skull Kid also has proven himself to be a staple of the mature Zelda's since OoT. Expect to see him again soon.

Mysteryfox1

Smash Ace
I am tired of this idiotic Midna or Skull Kid debate. Midna is the helper character in one game who's fans have taken her role ridiculously out of proportion. Skull Kid is a nostalgic villain who keeps making cameo appearances. Now at first glance I can understand why Midna would seem like the main character but if you stop and actually think about it she really isn't that important. Zant could have killed her when he took over the Twilight realm. This would have not changed Link's quest. He would still have to travel to save hyrule and all that jazz. Now you could argue that Midna did some really important stuff like teleportation and helping Link in the twilight but those are just trivial things that could have been done by a fairy or item. Midna's actual importance to the story is fairly small.

Skull Kid on the other hand is the reason the game happens. He stole the mask from the HMS and by doing so he brought the apocalypse on the land of Termina. This alone is a hell of alot more than Midna did. Skull Kid also has proven himself to be a staple of the mature Zelda's since OoT. Expect to see him again soon.
QFT It's been said a lot of times in this thread but still everybody thinks that Midna was far more important to the series but she didn't do a lot of things they only needed an other sidekick then a fairy who everybody hates. and don't forget not only did he bring the apocalypse on the land of termina he ruined the enveryment (something:p) and he did a lot of other things (sidequests) And without the SK in TP Link wouldn't got the master sword and couldn't defeat ganondorf and would be still a wolf. Then there is the fact that Midna couldn't return because the mirror of twilight is broken and so she wouldn't continue in the series futhermore SK could still get some cameos or some roles

Samurai_Sushi

Smash Rookie
God I thought this thread was on track again. :ohwell:

Anyways I can actually see him being a fighter in the game, but I really don't think Sakurai will let him make the cut. He does have potential for an interesting moveset. Sure he never actually fought, but you have to remember characters like C. Falcon never fought either. I can also get what people mean when they say "He's not the main villain!" I think that is true, but we don't really need a floating mask for a character, simply using skullkid would be so much better for game mechanics. It's not like he can be named "Majora's Puppet" or anything, even though it is true. It's the fact that if Skull kid, the mask (and all its forms), or skull kid possesed were ever considered, the possesed would work out so much better, especially for those who really don't know the game well. Storyline and plot of one game really doesn't effect a different game were all nintendo's characters simply beat the crap out of eachother. SK's story would not be told in SSBB, he would just simply be fighting in it. He's got my vote...

Camalach

Smash Apprentice
This argument is pointless. Skull kid has a lower chance than Midna to be in Brawl. Its a fact. Midna is more popular, more recent and more of the brawl fan base would know who she is. However this does not mean that they cannot BOTH be in Brawl. Arguments were used comparing Brawl to Melee. This game is NOT Melee. It is an entirely different game. Personally I would be happier if Skull Kid was in but that is just my opinion. One more thing, Skull Kid was for sure the main villain in his game. The game was about stopping Skull Kid. Fighting Majoras mask was a last minute twist.

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
Mida: 1 game, in which, he had no major bearing (as Numa Dude proved a few posts above)
Skull Kid: Majora's Mask--made the game happen. Ocarina of Time, and Twilight Princess appearences.

Skull Kid is awesome...but I think the real question is: Does he have more chance than a Zora, Deku or Goron?

Limit

Smash Apprentice
Again, Zelda focusing on her newest installments in Brawl is not an opinion.
Are they focusing on the latest installments, or the latest graphics? There is a difference you know. Brawl is not "representing Twilight Princess", the same way Skull Kid's inclusion would not be "representing Majora's Mask". I don't know where you came up with this argument, but it's trash. Simply because Link and Zelda have their most recent graphics does not mean that they are representing TP. Again, they are representing THEMSELVES AS CHARACTERS, not the game itself.

Assumption or fact?
What was the point of this? You tell me that if I had any sliver of logic that I would realize Skull Kid wouldn't be in Brawl, and then have the nerve to ask me this?

Of course it's fact that he wouldn't be in Melee. The Zelda franchise would never be allowed four characters in Melee, and no character -- including Skull Kid -- would have any shot at making in it over the main three. This is a VERY poor argument against him and you know it. You act like Skull Kid was deliberately excluded from Melee's roster because he is a worthless and undeserving character, which is quite clearly another false conclusion.

I forgot what Skull Kid was wearing in his face.

Oh yeah, I forgot in what game that mask appeared.[/sarcasm]
How many times must I repeat the same thing over before you finally understand it? The characters in Super Smash Bros. do not represent their games, they represent THEMSELVES. The mask is a symbol of Skull Kid's prime status in the series. Sure he could be included as a playable character without it, but everyone agrees that he would be a MUCH better character with it on.

You seem to have everything all backwards and contorted just so you can view your opinions in the preferred light. Look, it is not longer "Majora's Mask representation" with Skull Kid as a mascot for the game, it is just SKULL KID -- and the mask has become a part of his image.

Tingle is more reocurring and important than Skull Kid, I don't see you supporting him,
They both fit the "reoccurring character" status, you're right. But guess what? I'm not basing the 4th Zelda character's spot solely on that point.

I'm talking on behalf of the other side of things, namely gameplay. You know, since this is a game after all. Skull Kid has MUCH better moveset potential than ANY of the potential Zelda candidates BY FAR -- including an extremely dynamic playstyle mechanic with a Majora transformation and an absolutely stunning Final Smash. He is already ready and set to go.

Call me biased? You would have to be the biased one to completely ignore the fact that Skull Kid has one of THE BEST possible movesets for a character, arguable even better than most of Brawl's candidates. Everything else aside, I feel he should get in just based on that. It's really not worth it to sacrifice a character with a high amount of playability just for a "recently popular" one who would not be as fun to play as. The characters who are fit to fight SHOULD be PC's, and those who aren't get stuck with being an AT.

Guess what happens when a character is not fun to play as? They don't get played at all. This is a GAME -- remember that.

please, stop using those lame cameos as an argument, they add absolutely nothing to the games in which they take place and don't make him deserving or important in any way,
Oh, well, when you put it that way I guess Geno isn't a very deserving character then. Right? You're arguments are pure garbage.

Vaati has been reoccurring too, so has Tetra, I still don't see what makes you think Skull Kid is more deserving than them,
See my argument against Tingle above. Vaati and Tetra?

Reoccurring? Yes
Moveset potential? No

Thus, not a good Zelda candidate for a playable character. What about Midna?

Reoccurring? No
Moveset potential? No

You be the judge.

plus, all of what you have stated is far more biased.
Again, your opinions mean nothing to me or anyone else, and continue to bring nothing of value to this argument.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Newest installments, or newest graphics? There is a difference you know. Brawl is not "representing Twilight Princess", the same way Skull Kid's inclusion would not be "representing Majora's Mask". I don't know where you came up with this argument, but it's garbage. Simply because Link and Zelda have their most recent graphics does not mean that they are representing TP. Again, they are representing THEMSELVES AS CHARACTERS, not the game itself.
Don't be stupid, there's a stage and Link's completely updated weaponry to Twilight Princess, to prove you wrong, in case you've been living under a rock.

What was the point of this? You tell me that if I had any sliver of logic that I would realize Skull Kid wouldn't be in Brawl, and then have the nerve to ask me this?

Of course it's fact that he wouldn't be in Melee. The Zelda franchise would never be allowed four characters in Melee, and no character -- including Skull Kid -- would have any shot at making in it over the main three. This is a VERY poor argument against him and you know it. You act like Skull Kid was deliberately excluded from Melee's roster because he is a worthless and undeserving character, which is quite clearly another false conclusion.
If OoT got a rep in Sheik, what stopped Majora's from getting a rep in Skull Kid? That was my question, Majora's got rep in Melee, through a stage, if there was no character then, why should there be now?

How many times must I repeat the same thing over before you finally understand it? The characters in Super Smash Bros. do not represent their games, they represent THEMSELVES. The mask is a symbol of Skull Kid's prime status in the series. Sure he could be included as a playable character without it, but everyone agrees that he would be a MUCH better character with it on.

You seem to have everything all backwards and contorted just so you can view your opinions in the preferred light. Look, it is not longer "Majora's Mask representation" with Skull Kid as a mascot for the game, it is just SKULL KID -- and the mask has become a part of his image.
If he has the mask, he would be representing Majora's Mask, period, anyone who thinks that including him with the mask is not direct representation of Majora's but rather an homage to Skull Kid's lame cameo appearances in OoT and TP, is an idiot.

They both fit the "reoccurring character" status, you're right. But guess what? I'm not basing the 4th Zelda character's spot solely on that point.
Now you're also a hypocrite, you say you're not basing his inclusion on how deserving he is because he is "reocurring", but yet you bring up his TP and OoT cameos to make him seem more deserving.

I'm talking on behalf of the other side of things, namely gameplay. You know, since this is a game after all. Skull Kid has MUCH better moveset potential than ANY of the potential Zelda candidates BY FAR -- including an extremely dynamic playstyle mechanic with a Majora transformation and an absolutely stunning Final Smash. He is already ready and set to go.

Call me biased? You would have to be the biased one to realize that Skull Kid has one of THE BEST possible movesets for a character, arguable even better than most of Brawl's candidates. Everything else aside, I feel he should get in just based on that fact. It's really not worth it to sacrifice a character with a high amount of playability just for a "recently popular" one who would not be as fun to play as. The characters who are fit to fight SHOULD be PC's, and those who aren't get stuck with being an AT.
Moveset arguments are pointless, any character can have a moveset, in case you didn't know that, so please, stop using the "He has a moveset that writes itself" argument, cause it's not gonna get you anywhere.

Guess what happens when a character is not fun to play as? They don't get played at all.
Why was this even relevant?

Oh, well, when you put it that way I guess Geno isn't a very deserving character then. Right? You're arguments are pure garbage.
No he's not, I still fail to see how bashing Geno makes Skull Kid more deserving though.

See my argument against Tingle above. Vaati and Tetra?

Reoccurring? Yes
Moveset potential? No

Thus, not a good Zelda candidate for a playable character. What about Midna?

Reoccurring? No
Moveset potential? No

You be the judge.
Someone needs to go play a Zelda game that isn't Majora's Mask before making himself look even more stupid, I wonder how much moveset potential Sheik had before Melee, you be the judge of that, again you and your moveset arguments, FAIL!

Again, your opinions mean nothing to me or anyone else, and continue to bring nothing of value to this argument.
Yeah, you and your moveset arguments and justification of Skull Kid's role in the Zelda series does bring up a lot to the argument.[/sarcasm]

Arteen

Smash Lord
Don't be stupid, there's a stage and Link's completely updated weaponry to Twilight Princess, in case you've been living under a rock.
If you've ever played Melee, or heck, even the 64 version of SSB, you would have noticed that characters aren't entirely faithful to canon. Zelda's special moves were all stolen from Link's magic moves. Ness's moves were stolen from another Earthbound character. Since when did Falcon ever punch and kick with fire? Fox doesn't have a reflector, high-speed teleportation dashes or the ability to surround himself in flames in the StarFox games. The team chose to update his look and update his moves to fit that look. That does not mean that every other character in the game will be restricted by canon or represent only a single game.

vesperview

Smash Hero
If you've ever played Melee, or heck, even the 64 version of SSB, you would have noticed that characters aren't entirely faithful to canon. Zelda's special moves were all stolen from Link's magic moves. Ness's moves were stolen from another Earthbound character. Since when did Falcon ever punch and kick with fire? Fox doesn't have a reflector, high-speed teleportation dashes or the ability to surround himself in flames in the StarFox games. The team chose to update his look and update his moves to fit that look. That does not mean that every other character in the game will be restricted by canon or represent only a single game.
Melee's moves were completely based on OoT, which was the important Zelda game at the time, right now however they are focusing on TP, Link's entire moveset is based on TP, you have to be blind to not see that.

Arteen

Smash Lord
Melee's moves were completely based on OoT, which was the important Zelda game at the time, right now however they are focusing on TP, Link's entire moveset is based on TP, you have to be blind to not see that.
You'd have to be foolish to dismiss the movesets of nearly every other character in both games. Besides, Adult Link can't use a boomarang, and Young Link can't use fire arrows. Clearly, if Link was representing only OoT, he was being rather inconsistent about it. In addition, most of Link's moves in Melee (e.g. arrows, bombs, boomarang) also appeared in other Zelda titles. Link has a TP look and slightly modified TP-oriented moves. So what? It's not like he didn't have all of those moves already, though in slightly different forms. You're reading too far into it and ignoring too much if you think that Link is representing TP and only TP.

vesperview

Smash Hero
You'd have to be foolish to dismiss the movesets of nearly every other character in both games. Besides, Adult Link can't use a boomarang, and Young Link can't use fire arrows. Clearly, if Link was representing only OoT, he was being rather inconsistent about it. In addition, most of Link's moves in Melee (e.g. arrows, bombs, boomarang) also appeared in other Zelda titles. Link has a TP look and slightly modified TP-oriented moves. So what? It's not like he didn't have all of those moves already, though in slightly different forms. You're reading too far into it and ignoring too much if you think that Link is representing TP and only TP.
I said Melee's moves, not Link's moves, they clearly weren't faithful to the actual games, but they were OoT oriented either way, as for Brawl, please even the special moves and Link's character profile update say he is based on TP, I'm not reading too much into it since it is clearly stated there, you have to be a complete fool to think he isn't representing TP.

Limit

Smash Apprentice
Don't be stupid, there's a stage and Link's completely updated weaponry to Twilight Princess, in case you've been living under a rock.
I'll give you that, but I still feel, in my opinion, that they are representing the current graphics of the Zelda franchise and not the game Twilight Princess itself. Good evidence, but until I see Midna's face appear in this game, I still don't feel it is good enough.

Edit: After reading above, it seems other members are more knowledgeable on this subject that I am, so I will leave this up to you to debate with them.

If OoT got a rep in Sheik, what stopped Majora's from getting a rep in Skull Kid? That was my question, Majora's got rep in Melee, through a stage, if there was no character then, why should there be now?
You couldn't figure this out for yourself? Shiek's character was a part of Zelda's, and it only makes sense to either include them together, or without Shiek. Regardless, it is still only three characters since Shiek is the same as Zelda.

If he has the mask, he would be representing Majora's Mask, period, anyone who thinks that including him with the mask is not direct representation of Majora's but rather an homage to Skull Kid's lame cameo appearances in OoT and TP, is an idiot.
I fail to see how your opinion would change the fact that what I said was the truth. The mask has become a part of Skull Kid's image, it is a symbol of his prime status in the series. In future titles, I don't expect him to be wearing the mask. But it still represents a part of the character himself, whether you don't feel it does or not.

Now you're also a hypocrite, you say you're not basing his inclusion on how deserving he is because he is "reocurring", but yet you bring up his TP and OoT cameos to make him seem more deserving.
Hypocrite? Don't give me that trash. I stated very well in my first post on this thread that he has mind blowing moveset potential, and made sure to emphasize it. I just backed up that potential with other FACTS to support his inclusion. I never changed my argument, I ADDED more to it.

But I'm glad you think it makes him "seem" more deserving, because that was the basis of my entire argument. He IS a more deserving character than you think.

Moveset arguments are pointless, any character can have a moveset, in case you didn't know that, so please, stop using the "He has a moveset that writes itself" argument, cause it's not gonna get you anywhere.
No, they aren't. This is a game, so gameplay is something that should be taken into account, generally. Sure, any character can have a moveset. Will it be anywhere near as good as Skull Kid's? That's the problem, it won't even come close, and you know it. You continue to avoid my points and make obvious generalizations, thinking I won't jump right back into this and show that you are mistaken.

I don't give a **** whether you think it doesn't get me anywhere or not. Many and I mean MANY people doubt that Skull Kid will make it in Brawl. But guess what? They all agree that he would have a great moveset and be fun to play as. Right away, they know his potential as a character and can already picture some of his possible moves and playstyle, seeing him transform into Majora, crashing the moon into the stage, among other things. It's just a shame that their thoughts are crushed by the notion that he isn't "deserving enough" to have a place in this game -- a notion who people such as yourself force them to believe. It's wrong, and you need to stop.

Why was this even relevant?
Because characters with lame movesets are not fun to play as? Why's that so difficult to understand? We want this game to be as fun as it could possibly be, and throwing in characters with trash movesets just doesn't work.

No he's not, I still fail to see how bashing Geno makes Skull Kid more deserving though.
I NEVER bashed Geno. You just said that a "lame cameo character" like Skull Kid doesn't deserve to make it. If not, then what do you classify Geno's character appearances as?

Someone needs to go play a Zelda game that isn't Majora's Mask before making himself look even more stupid, I wonder how much moveset potential Sheik had before Melee, you be the judge of that, again you and your moveset arguments, FAIL!
It's pretty hard to think of THREE SPECIAL MOVES for a ninja character like Shiek. Besides, she already used her Up+B multiple times in Oot. But guess what? You just proved my point. Shiek's moveset IS lame, which stems from a lack of potential. Shiek was a fun and high tiered character because of everything BUT her specials. I'll admit that the needles are quite useful, but they are also probably the most boring and un-inspired move in the game.

Yeah, you and your moveset arguments and justification of Skull Kid's role in the Zelda series does bring up a lot to the argument.[/sarcasm]
I'd like a better answer than another one of your garbage opinions, please.

vato_break

Smash Master
Well, not matter which way the Skull Kid enters the new SSB (Super Smash Bros. Brawl?), I'm pretty sure that Nintendo will be able to find out an awesome moveset for him. There's so much to experience with when it comes to the Skull Kid because he has so many different things and assets in the Zelda games that show he'll have some cool looking moves/powers in the newer SSB. Perhaps it would be better for him not to transform and just remain in his Skull Kid form with the Majora's mask on (hence the name "Majora Kid"). Nevertheless, it would be cool to use a character like him. I just see him having some cool looking moves that kick arse and some combo's that are nuts.
as good as it may sound majora skull kid wouldn't have a good move set
sure you can say "but the possibilitys are endless" but in the end he would make a good character what abot his nair ,dair moves what will he do then sure he have a great FS but overall he wouldnt be such a great character
oh and BTW i am a huge zelda fan

Limit

Smash Apprentice
as good as it may sound majora skull kid wouldn't have a good move set
sure you can say "but the possibilitys are endless" but in the end he would make a good character what abot his nair ,dair moves what will he do then sure he have a great FS but overall he wouldnt be such a great character
oh and BTW i am a huge zelda fan
Uh, the A moves and aerial attacks are all generic...they require no thought at all and hardly represent the character's true abilities.

Really, they are all just variations of punches and kicks, what's so hard to think about that?

BUT aside from that, Skull Kid has TWO FAIRIES that he could implement within his moveset to help him attack his opponents. Now how is that not cool and unique?

I distinctly remember the fairies attacking Link and bonking him over the head in the opening cinematic of Majora's Mask. In Brawl, they could be used to attack opponents a short distance from Skull Kid, acting as a disjointed hit box sort of like Marth's sword.

vesperview

Smash Hero
You couldn't figure this out for yourself? Shiek's character was a part of Zelda's, and it only makes sense to either include them together, or without Shiek. Regardless, it is still only three characters since Shiek is the same as Zelda.
Sheik is another representative, whether she is a transformation or not.

I fail to see how your opinion would change the fact that what I said was the truth. The mask has become a part of Skull Kid's image, it is a symbol of his prime status in the series. In future titles, I don't expect him to be wearing the mask. But it still represents a part of the character himself, whether you don't feel it does or not.
What you said is nothing that your own point of view and justification of Majora's Mask not being relevant enough to get representation at this point, the Mask is an element solely from Majora's Mask, is not an element of Skull Kid's character as you are making it out to be, if he has the mask he would be representing Majora's Mask, since well you know, that's THE TITLE OF THE GAME!

Hypocrite? Don't give me that trash. I stated very well in my first post on this thread that he has mind blowing moveset potential, and made sure to emphasize it. I just backed up that potential with other FACTS to support his inclusion. I never changed my argument, I ADDED more to it.

But I'm glad you think it makes him "seem" more deserving, because that was the basis of my entire argument. He IS a more deserving character than you think.
What facts? I'd love to see these facts, cause you thinking Skull Kid's mind blowing moveset would be amazing or that you think having him with the mask isn't direct representation of Majora's or that his stupid cameos are enough to make him important within the Zelda universe are not facts.

No, they aren't. This is a game, so gameplay is something that should be taken into account, generally. Sure, any character can have a moveset. Will it be anywhere near as good as Skull Kid's? That's the problem, it won't even come close, and you know it. You continue to avoid my points and make obvious generalizations, thinking I won't jump right back into this and show that you are mistaken.

I don't give a **** whether you think it doesn't get me anywhere or not. Many and I mean MANY people doubt that Skull Kid will make it in Brawl. But guess what? They all agree that he would have a great moveset and be fun to play as. Right away, they know his potential as a character and can already picture some of his possible moves and playstyle, seeing him transform into Majora, crashing the moon into the stage, among other things. It's just a shame that their thoughts are crushed by the notion that he isn't "deserving enough" to have a place in this game -- a notion who people such as yourself force them to believe. It's wrong, and you need to stop.
Again with the moveset, a moveset doesn't make a character deserving or more likely so you need to stop arguing about it, specially when you speak like it's a fact that Skull Kid's moveset is amazing as if it was already in the game, we're all predicting movesets for our favorite characters that seem to fit them the best, in the end you have no idea how amazing or not amazing his moveset can be so you should stop bringing it up.

Because characters with lame movesets are not fun to play as? Why's that so difficult to understand? We want this game to be as fun as it could possibly be, and throwing in characters with trash movesets just doesn't work.
That seems to be your particular trash opinion as you seem to be calling it, you may not enjoy one characters moveset but someone else will so to generalize like that makes you look like an idiot.

I NEVER bashed Geno. You just said that a "lame cameo character" like Skull Kid doesn't deserve to make it. If not, then what do you classify Geno's character appearances as?
I said Skull Kid's lame cameos don't make him important, not that he was a complete lame cameo character, stop twisting my words.

However, it's pretty hard to think of THREE SPECIAL MOVES for a ninja character like Shiek. Besides, she already used her Up+B multiple times in Oot. But guess what? You just proved my point. Shiek's moveset IS lame, which stems from a lack of potential. Shiek was a fun and high tiered character because of everything BUT her specials. I'll admit that the needles are quite useful, but they are also probably the most boring and un-inspired move in the game.
Wow! And I'm the one throwing in biased crap? Just because you think Sheik's moveset is lame or that Midna's, Vaati's, Tetra's or Tingle's moveset would have lame "uninspired" movesets, doesn't mean everyone is going to agree with you, you're just trying to belittle those characters to make Skull Kid look good with his "mindblowing" moveset, how pathetic!

Limit

Smash Apprentice
You just don't understand. Skull Kid would bring more to Brawl gameplay-wise than Midna, Vaati, Tingle, or any other candidate.

YOU are the one belittling my moveset argument like it means nothing. You are wrong, it DOES mean something.

This game DOES NOT deserve to be FILLED with a bunch of popular characters with bland, lame, and uninspired playstyles. A little variety goes a long way you know.

An "Animal Crosser" is a prime example of this, which is why the franchise is being represented in other ways.

That's also why there are attack trophies -- to give the characters who don't have very good movesets a chance to be in this game, but not as a playable character.

vesperview

Smash Hero
You just don't understand. Skull Kid would bring more to Brawl gameplay-wise than Midna, Vaati, Tingle, or any other candidate.
That's your opinion.

YOU are the one belittling my moveset argument like it means nothing. You are wrong, it DOES mean something.
Yeah, according to YOU it means something, we all though Lucas was gonna have moves from his game, he didn't, we all think Krystal will be in Brawl with her staff, we are yet to be proven right or wrong on that, there's no such thing as the perfect character with the perfect moveset, it is all very subjective and irrelevant to a real discussion.

This game DOES NOT deserve to be FILLED with a bunch of popular characters with bland, lame, and uninspired playstyles. A little variety goes a long way you know.
Again, you think they are all a bunch of lame, bland, unispired characters, stop bashing other characters because they don't fit your standards, not once, have I bashed Skull Kid's moveset possibilities nor playstyle, because it's pointless, since you have absolutely no idea how it would turn out.

An "Animal Crosser" is a prime example of this, which is why the franchise is being represented in other ways.
Who said an Animal Crosser wouldn't be in Brawl? I don't want one in, but you speak as if it was a fact.

That's why there's attack trophies -- to give the characters who don't have very good movesets a chance to be in this game, but not as a playable character.
No, Assist Trophies are in Brawl to represent minor characters who don't deserve to be playable, like Skull Kid.

Limit

Smash Apprentice
You're whole argument continues to revolve around the idea that we are all clueless and cannot predict what the developers may or may not do. We CAN use logic to assume possibilities instead of just saying, "Oh movesets? Gameplay? Forget that -- let's leave that up to the developers to handle." Please, stop being so ignorant and so mentally confined.

Really it's all nothing but a pathetic excuse to justify absolutely NOTHING. I'm giving you something to debate about, but you shut it all down until there's just NOTHING left to discuss because you tell me that we won't know until the game comes out. Obviously, of course we don't know anything for sure right now.

It's called speculation. You claim my points are all opinionated, but that will all quickly change to facts once the game IS released and everybody gives their collective share of input.

I guess that ends this argument because clearly, everything I wish to discuss is irrelevant at this time. But the time will come when it is relevant -- and when it does, I don't want the majority to complain when I said Midna would be a bland, uninspired addition to Brawl's roster.

vesperview

Smash Hero
You're whole argument continues to revolve around the idea that we are all clueless and cannot predict what the developers may or may not do. We CAN use logic to assume possibilities instead of just saying, "Oh movesets? Gameplay? Forget that -- let's leave that up to the developers to handle." Please, stop being so ignorant and so mentally confined.

Really it's all nothing but a pathetic excuse to justify absolutely NOTHING. I'm giving you something to debate about, but you shut it all down until there's just NOTHING left to discuss because you tell me that we won't know until the game comes out. Obviously, of course we don't know anything for sure right now.

It's called speculation. You claim my points are all opinionated, but that will all quickly change to facts once the game IS released and everybody gives their collective share of input.
You're not giving anything to debate about, just a bunch of biased crap and moveset arguments that in your ignorance makes you think it actually raises Skull Kid's chances, please, Captain Falcon, Fox, Mr. Game and Watch and Zelda among others, had absolutely no potential movesets before the Smash series, you are giving absolutely NOTHING to discuss, a moveset is not a reason for a character to be included.

I guess that ends this argument because clearly, everything I wish to discuss is irrelevant at this time. But the time will come when it is relevant -- and when it does, I don't want the majority to complain when I said Midna would be a bland, uninspired addition to Brawl's roster.
Nice way to end the argument, with yet another biased post.

Limit

Smash Apprentice
You're not giving anything to debate about, just a bunch of biased crap and moveset arguments that in your ignorance makes you think it actually raises Skull Kid's chances, please, Captain Falcon, Fox, Mr. Game and Watch and Zelda among others, had absolutely no potential movesets before the Smash series, you are giving absolutely NOTHING to discuss, a moveset is not a reason for a character to be included.

Nice way to end the argument, with yet another biased post.
Fine. You've tore down my argument, now it's your turn.

I want to hear your thoughts on why another Zelda character would get the 4th Zelda spot over Skull Kid. You've have me convinced at this point that Skull Kid isn't as "magnificent" as I thought. So if he's not worthy enough, I'm beginning to think that none of the other Zelda chracters are. I really do not understand this, and I will attempt to leave my bias aside.

For Skull Kid:

He has the two halves necessary to make a whole character in Brawl. These points are FACT.

1) Lore -- A classic, reoccurring character who is continually a part of the Zelda franchise.
2) Gameplay -- A unique, ready-made moveset which would bring a dynamic playstyle to Brawl.

As far as I know, Midna has neither. So why in hell would she be a better addition than Skull Kid? That's what I'm trying to figure out, and you have yet to show me.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Fine. You've tore down my argument, now it's your turn.

I want to hear your thoughts on why another Zelda character would get the 4th Zelda spot over Skull Kid. You've have me convinced at this point that Skull Kid isn't as "magnificent" as I thought. So if he's not worthy enough, I'm beginning to think that none of the other Zelda chracters are. I really do not understand this, and I will attempt to leave my bias aside.

For Skull Kid:

He has the two halves necessary to make a whole character in Brawl. These points are FACT.

1) Lore -- A classic, reoccurring character who is continually a part of the Zelda franchise.
2) Gameplay -- A unique, ready-made moveset which would bring a dynamic playstyle to Brawl.

As far as I know, Midna has neither. So why in hell would she be a better addition than Skull Kid? That's what I'm trying to figure out, and you have yet to show me.
Midna and Vaati both have moveset potential, not only Midna has those forcefield things she does to defeat the Twilight enemies when she is on Wolf Link, her hair could serve as a grab, the attack she used to kill Zant, she can teleport and she also has an already there Final Smash, which is the Fused Shadow transformation, Vaati can turn people into stone, has enough magic to make a moveset from and he has also the transformation from the final battle of the Minish Cap, they all have moveset potential, not to mention the other fact, that they are currently relevant to the Zelda franchise, Skull Kid despite having that said cameo in TP, it still doesn't make him important nor is it a role that has any merit to grant him an appearance, let alone representing Majora's Mask.

Limit

Smash Apprentice
Midna and Vaati both have moveset potential, not only Midna has those forcefield things she does to defeat the Twilight enemies when she is on Wolf Link, her hair could serve as a grab, the attack she used to kill Zant, she also has an already there Final Smash, which is the Fused Shadow transformation, Vaati can turn people into stone, has enough magic to make a moveset from and he has also the transformation from the final battle of the Minish Cap, they all have moveset potential, not to mention the other fact, that they are currently relevant to the Zelda franchise, Skull Kid despite having that said cameo in TP, it still doesn't make him important nor is it a role that has any merit to grant him an appearance, let alone representing Majora's Mask.
So as much of a struggle it is to formulate a moveset for Midna and Vaati, I can see that it's possible. I already know that they each have a few moves here and there, but it's really not as all-out complete as Skull Kid's moveset. To me, Skull Kid is just a character waiting to be added, and the only thing stopping him is that he isn't "deserving enough." I feel that is a shame and a massive waste of potential.

All three of them have movesets, but in my mind I had the idea that Skull Kid would separate from the crowd of "generic moveset" characters, because his playstyle is more in the realm of Ice Climbers and Pokemon Trainer.

In Skull Kid form, he would be a weak, light, and evasive character. But his Majora form would temporarily be able to manifest itself and battle until it got too exhausted. This is sort of a mechanic which combines the Pokemon swapping of PT and the transforming of Zelda. Majora himself would be a strong, heavy, and powerful character -- essentially the perfect balance between "underpowered" and "overpowered". On one hand. Skull Kid would be a low tier character, but then he would have the ability to magically transform himself into the highest tier character in the game. Again, this is all speculation, but it's cool nonethless.

The reason I mention this is because when it comes to a list of bland, generic, and uninspired characters, Sakurai clearly favors ones who stand out from the crowd. A prime example of this would be a list of potential Pokemon candidates, and then the Pokemon Trainer. Sakurai's choice is an obvious one.

His Final Smash is also such a stunning ability that it's worth representation in Brawl alone, either by AT or otherwise. I would settle for Skull Kid as an attack trophy, but to be honest, he is capable of much MUCH more than just that, and I would rather not see it all go to waste.

But in the end, you claim all of the possible Zelda characters can form some fragment of a moveset. True, but I personally don't feel it would be as in-depth as Skull Kid's as I explained above, and this is why I think Skull Kid wins this one over them.

However, for my next point, you basically replaced "classic, reoccurring character" and said instead that Midna and Vaati have more relevance to the Zelda series at the present time.

It's true, they are more relevant and you've proved that Brawl clearly showns signs of that. The stage, the weapons, all of that Twilight Princess material that you pointed out to me. But as I said before, Brawl will be a game that is played for many years from now, and there very well might be another, newer Zelda title by then.

You might say, didn't this same thing happen in Melee? Yes, with Majora's Mask.
Majora's Mask also had a stage, and the entire Zelda cast was all based off of the current games, including weapons and spells among other things. Everything we saw then is happening in the next generation of Smash Bros.

But there was one thing they opted not include -- a character from that "generation" of Zelda games. So I'm asking, why should they include one now? How is this fair? Why is it necessary to completely "skip" over past characters who previously held priority, and then leave them behind to rot?

Because of Majora's Mask, Skull Kid has become a fleshed out character with his own unique image (The mask itself is one of the most amazing pieces of character artwork ever designed) and simply does not deserve to be forgotten so quickly. If it weren't for his starring role as the main villain in that game, he wouldn't be such a valid candidate in the first place because he would still only be a "lame cameo character" as you put it. However, this is no longer the case as he has become much more than that, and you realize this.

But then again, as generations pass characters become outdated, including Midna and all of the other one-time-only characters. Until the next Zelda game proves otherwise, Skull Kid has become a staple character in the franchise and will survive longer than most of the characters you suggest. I say why not include him now so when you pick up the next Zelda title and you see him again, you can say, "Oh, Skull Kid - he's a relevant character," instead of looking at the Brawl roster and saying, "Why is this no-longer-relevant character in this game?" It is in this sense that again, by looking at the bigger picture, I can see that Skull Kid wins this point as well.

To me, all of the Zelda candidates are on the same level and each have their own advantages and disadvantages. But whoever does make it, if any of them do, I just wish more people would realize that Skull Kid was just as deserving as all the others.

Limit

Smash Apprentice
vesper if you want to ignore me, that's fine. I'll agree that my above post was just a rehash of my old arguments but with a little bit more specifics. However, it seems your prime intention was focused more on tearing apart Skull Kid rather than explaining to me why another character might be a better choice. It seems you act like you would rather choose ANY other character just as long as Skull Kid doesn't ever make it, which is probably the worst attitude you can have to argue with in this situation.

I guess we have reached a stalemate then -- and I'll never know why exactly Midna, Vaati, Tingle or Tetra are more deserving Zelda candidates for Brawl than Skull Kid. Maybe just as deserving, but not more.

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
Lol but could we just discuss now things like what's Skull kid's role in SSE what his moveset is his alt colors etc.?
Sure, go right ahead. xD

I thought it would be cool for a final smash that the moon would come crashing down with him ontop and then.....KABOOM!!! But that would be impossible to dodge unless you were on a big stage. But its still cool to think about. :cool:

Top Bottom