• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How many Bowsers are there now?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Bowser could have been good if his moves had proper speeds

But they decided he'd be bad so he's unusable except vs ****tarded spacies

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Bowser could have been good if he only took one good hit to kill.....or if he was P:M Bowser. :awesome:

M2K memorized the frame data of this game. He could probably pick anyone up within a day and get stuff done with him. :p

Edit: Does anyone remember when M2K went Mewtwo at Big House and 4-stocked Duck's Samus and Anonymous' Falco in friendlies? Perfect example of what I mean. :cool:

Jonas

Smash Champion
Bubbaking, Jonas, Seikend, KevinM, and myself, off the top of my head. Dunno if CAOTIC, Gojira, MagnuM, or Tonberry are still playing as Bowser.

And Gimpyfish is still around. He prefers Project M, but still plays some Melee every now and whenever.
Kind of quit the game back in March, actually, and even then I used Marth in tournaments.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
i think i've decided to not re-learn the game with mario and just play bowser all the time again

because bowser and me

we go way back

<3

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
I main three characters, (Captain Falcon, Mario, and Bowser) but Bowser is my avatar.

That counts right?

Frost | Odds

Puddings: 1 /// Odds: 0
I main bowser, in Calgary, AB. Currently ranked 7th in city, probably around 10th or 11th in province; getting better really fast

boozer ain't dead

just a little drunk

Hoboman5000

Smash Cadet
I really love Bowser, not just because he's the greatest villain ever, and not just because he's my 2nd favorite mario character, AND not just because he's a giant-fire-breathing turtle that kicks ass, but because he's low-tier as hell, and it warms my heart to see somebody using Boozer and kicking ass with him along with taking names (especially if it's a sheik). :bowser:

Frost | Odds

Apparently MagnuM just started playing again in Edmonton.

EDIT: And I managed to get myself into a $20 bowser ditto MM with him (implied also for the title best boozer canada), scheduled early Jan. This should be entertaining.

Hoboman5000

Smash Cadet
oh my GOD. I leave for a few weeks and come back to three new bowser players? this is awesome.

odds, you better go to apex! do you have facebook?

hoboman, where are you from? you should go to apex as well
Why thank you, but I'm in Utah and I sadly cannot go to Apex friend, I do have facebook though, always good to meet a fellow player :bubblebobble:

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
https://www.facebook.com/joshmdyck

As for APEX: not really likely. I'm an incredibly broke student; and the odds (heh) that I'll be a good enough bowser to compete with the crowd at APEX (ie. as good or better than DJN) by that time aren't great.
Competing with the crowd is irrelevant. You should be going to have fun and improve! I'm not as good as DJ yet, but I still go to compete and improve.

Frost | Odds

Heh, I'm having loads of fun, improving at a borderline unprecedented rate, and not going broke right here. I'd love nothing more than to traipse across the continent, but money is seriously short at the moment. :[

Maybe if I find myself somehow on top of the AB scene (wildly unlikely, we've got some stonking great players), I'll make it out to some events a little further away. For now, more local stuff will probably have to do.

EDIT: it doesn't help that what seems to be most of our top tier of players, plays Marth and/or Sheik. >=(

E-102 Gamma

Smash Journeyman
EDIT: it doesn't help that what seems to be most of our top tier of players, plays Marth and/or Sheik. >=(
Back in the day, Gimpyfish insisted that the Marth matchup wasn't as bad as everyone thought it was. Having played against Eggz's Marth, I'm rather inclined to believe he was correct.

Frost | Odds

Is there any way to get ahold of him? I've watched his videos vs Eggz a bunch of times, but can't seem to download whatever it is that's actually letting gimpy win. It seems like Eggz's marth simply isn't as strong as the ones with which I have to compete, but that's probably a result of my own frustration and bias.

Maybe he's like biggie smalls?

GIMPYFISH GIMPYFISH GIMPYFISH

edit: I don't know if it's helpful at all, but for reference this is the marth that's giving me trouble atm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5GlNzbEgqI

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
cc up b is so good vs marth.

get up attack --> fsmash is pretty good

post some vids and i'll critique. marth is probably one of my best bowser matchups.

also there's a lot of good bowser marth videos on youtube. easier to learn the matchup that way.

here, gonna gather some videos that i think have some tidbits of knowledge. they're all decently old though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-J5IZj4Nxw
http://youtu.be/Ad1iHQ1h4wY?t=2m7s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRwK5KoIkTI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94EsZdpzwl4 (this entire set is extremely helpful. probably the best bowser set in existence imo)

Frost | Odds

Heh, I've seen all of those something like half a dozen times.

Last night I seem to have partially gotten past my mental block - dunno what happened, but I'm not quite as afraid of marth as I was. I still don't understand what's going on in those videos, but I'll try CCing more.

Frost | Odds

Yes, even that one.

My main point of confusion is basically how these Bowsers are getting in to hit the marth players at all - it doesn't just doesn't seem like the marths are spacing or punishing properly. I'll try to make a commentary on some of these matches (if there's suitable software for this, please let me know - otherwise i'll probably end up just doing a text version, or one in Audacity or something) outlining what I think is going on, as well as what's baffling me.

Star Child

Smash Rookie
Hi! I'm a relatively new player (started this past May) and I was maining peach but bowser feels better to play as for me so I'm picking him up as another main. Look forward to working with you guys on boozer. Also, Odds, I'm in Calgary for winter break. Post in the AB facebook group should you want to play sometime.

Top Bottom