• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U How many of you would purchase a Wii U just for this game?

Do you still purchase this Wii U?

• Duh... It's Smashbros!!

Votes: 104 88.1%
  • I love Smashbros but not quite that much

Votes: 14 11.9%

• Total voters

Bowser D.X

Brawl Player
Yes. Considering the amount of hours I could get out of it especially in the tournament scene it's well worth the money. Though luckily there are other games that have my interest like Wind Waker HD and Mario Kart 8. And even if I didn't I would be constantly thinking "man I wanna play the new Smash game." Is the money really worthy it? That and I'm a Nintendo haw especially for Smash.

Stenton

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stenton
3DS FC
5241-1897-2572
I've purchased a Wii U before the E3 direct so no, I didn't buy a Wii U just for smash. However, it did prepare me for all of the incoming games. Pikmin 3, WWHD (Before they released), Mario 3D World, Mariokart 8 and of course, Smash.

Snakeyes

Smash Journeyman
If the game is as good as Melee, or even Smash 64 competitively? Absolutely.

Otherwise, no.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Looks like a crap ton of people didn't even read the OP (people keep stating they have other WiiU games they're looking forward to but I specifically asked if they'd buy a WiiU that could ONLY play SSB4, hence they'd literally be buying a WiiU just for Smash 4 and no other reason.

If people actually read the OP the poll results wouldn't have been so one sided but ehhh what can you do...

Heefe

Smash Apprentice
Wii U Smash Bros Bundle like the Monster Hunter one including a Pro Controller. :) Hoping for that!

Looks like a crap ton of people didn't even read the OP (people keep stating they have other WiiU games they're looking forward to but I specifically asked if they'd buy a WiiU that could ONLY play SSB4, hence they'd literally be buying a WiiU just for Smash 4 and no other reason.

If people actually read the OP the poll results wouldn't have been so one sided but ehhh what can you do...

Think they are saying that to convince themselves of making feel justified for purchasing it.

I honestly feel that if there was no smash the system would flop,and even then it's still threatened not only by current generation, but next generation consoles as well. Hypothetically speaking, if Smash 4 was released on all next gen consoles the Wii U version would probably sell the worst.

Top Bottom