• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~(**How to Bone-Walk**)~Discovered by $Bone$

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Nah, just tested it. MK has years to react.

We still have the Meno Combo though! Grab Release -> Peach Bomber. :D
On MK? That doesn't work if MK jumps out of the grab release :(

Need to try getting this down 100%, I haven't had much time to play Brawl recently

So, any other interesting B Stick things us C Stickers can get out mitts on?

wtMiniMii

Smash Rookie
I fail with the c-stick version.. I have no idea what to do xD.

I can do it fine with b-stick tho.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Yeah, this is pretty **** important and awesome. If I knew how to do this, I think my tournament success would have been a lot better as I can think of several matches I lost that I wouldn't with this technique. Particularly, once you get a lead on DDD, he is done.

Canvasofgrey

Smash Ace
Hmm, as I'm practicing it, and getting more use to using it, I'm finding it useful with my kind of playstyle since I'm not very aggressive, and I tend to run away alot and use turnips, so I think it's more of a defensive measure than it is an offensive measure.

Also, it's a potentially useful mind game, I think. I was playing an olimar player on wifi. I ran toward him and plucked a turnip as he executed a grab. I actually slid past the pikmin, up behind Olimar, and reverse threw a turnip (Which happened to be a ditto-face), resulting him going off ledge and ended into an edgehog.

I'm very sad though. Someone told me I play Peach 'gay'. Telling me I camp and spam turnips and Fair. =<

$BONE$

Smash Ace
Hmm, as I'm practicing it, and getting more use to using it, I'm finding it useful with my kind of playstyle since I'm not very aggressive, and I tend to run away alot and use turnips, so I think it's more of a defensive measure than it is an offensive measure.

Also, it's a potentially useful mind game, I think. I was playing an olimar player on wifi. I ran toward him and plucked a turnip as he executed a grab. I actually slid past the pikmin, up behind Olimar, and reverse threw a turnip (Which happened to be a ditto-face), resulting him going off ledge and ended into an edgehog.

I'm very sad though. Someone told me I play Peach 'gay'. Telling me I camp and spam turnips and Fair. =<

peach can be a very (g)ay character if you (g)amp correctly. they have a harder time approaching... the better you are at brawl.

another cool trick with peach i learned is that her dash gives her an insane amount of momentum sometimes. there were times i've held onto the ledge, floated back on landed so quickly into a dash--> momemtufied naired all within half a second. its so insane and ridiculous, i have no idea how i do it sometimes. i think theres more to her momentum, and i really think it has to do with her dash--

you can try dashing away then ground float a b-air around the time she gains momentum (towards the end of her dash) and for some reason its easier for me to poke with back air and move away from grab range-- this is a lot harder to do without the extra boost in momentum. her b-air range seems to become more deceptive because it pokes out faster and your retreating faster for some reason. im still messing around with this. im just not up to date about frames and running speed control. im sure there are others out there that are aware of this.

ii think its time for me to make a video this spring break.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
yea...I can't do this consistently yet (haven't practiced much though coz essays are the bane of my existance) but this is def gonna give socal a nasty surprise. our character suddenly got a lot better! =]

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
I've been playing around with this and I've finally got this down (still do the odd Peach Bomber now and then) and I have to say that it could be really really useful. Lol, I Turnip pulled away from this ZSS who was trying to Dash Attack me, slid out the way of the Dash Attack and Reverse Glide Tossed the Turnip at her. Turned out it was a Stitchface xD

hiROI

Smash Lord
I cant get the other dash in. When I try to do this, I dash, pluck the turnip as if I was doing b-stick, and then FAIL. I cant get the other dash in. Help? Thanks in advance

$BONE$

Smash Ace
I've been playing around with this and I've finally got this down (still do the odd Peach Bomber now and then) and I have to say that it could be really really useful. Lol, I Turnip pulled away from this ZSS who was trying to Dash Attack me, slid out the way of the Dash Attack and Reverse Glide Tossed the Turnip at her. Turned out it was a Stitchface xD

youu go girl'

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I cant get the other dash in. When I try to do this, I dash, pluck the turnip as if I was doing b-stick, and then FAIL. I cant get the other dash in. Help? Thanks in advance
It sounds like you might be doing it too late to grab unto the second dash. Maybe try doing it earlier?

L33T.Peach

Smash Cadet
wow.
ok.
this technique, jsut go pracitce the timing.
ive been using it (wifi) and ive had MAJOR success wiht it.
you dont have to give up your cstick..

and once you know where to use it its amazing. i mean, i can dash towards an opponent, and then do the turnip slide pull, and then while doing that, you go past your opponent. you get a free reverse turnip glide for a hit+damage+spacing.

lol i hope that at all made sense.

overall, this is the ****.

L33T.Peach

Smash Cadet
@bone- if oyu dont want to make a vid, ill make one. lol XD

and to all peaches... use this.. lol. get peach to top tier! XD
cmon, im first on GB right now.. its not that hard.. ;P

PeachMaster562

Smash Cadet
omg its not a myth!!!
i did it and it does work!!!
never thought this would be possible without
sacrificing the C-stick!!!

Moozle

Smash Champion
Lol, I feel stupid. I thought this was glide tossing until I read the comments :embarrass I'm gonna try this out right now because it seems useful, thanks!

Edit: So I'm supposed to wait until after the dash-cloud disappears?

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
Lol, I feel stupid. I thought this was glide tossing until I read the comments :embarrass I'm gonna try this out right now because it seems useful, thanks!

Edit: So I'm supposed to wait until after the dash-cloud disappears?

Right after the dash you have to push DIRECTLY down or else you'll end up doing peach bombers.

The timing to pull the turnip and do the hadoken motion is JUST before the dust cloud disappears.

If nothing happens you're doing it too early. If she pulls but doesnt "slide" you're doing it too late.

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
A Hadoken motion is basically a quarter-circle starting from down. So, if you're doing this toward the right, you hit down(where you pull the turnip), then swipe the control stick to the right(forward) as fast as possible.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
i can kinda do this in spurts but very very inconsistantly at 2/3rd speed. i get ***** at full speed and do it like once every 30 tries ;x

edit: feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeck, this thing is so god**** hard for me, i've been at it for like the past half hour. ;x;x;x;x;x

Canvasofgrey

Smash Ace
I can help you with that next time we meet Raz since now I can do it about 70% of the time on attempt.

Right after the dash you have to push DIRECTLY down or else you'll end up doing peach bombers.

The timing to pull the turnip and do the hadoken motion is JUST before the dust cloud disappears.

If nothing happens you're doing it too early. If she pulls but doesnt "slide" you're doing it too late.
^Pretty much is the sum of it.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
that's coo, in the midtime, i'll just keep practicing, hopefully i master this b4 my next tourney in 2 weeks time. ;o

edit: yaaaaaay i can do this about 30% of the time. >.<

Dannibis

Smash Rookie
sweet something new(kind of)to practice

looks useful and doesn't sound too hard to pull off

Moozle

Smash Champion
Thanks everyone for the help. I'm getting a lot better at this. I can only play on wifi, but from what i've seen glide pull->forward glide toss-> Usmash works really well :o

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
For those who need a visual aid as to what is this "Hadoken Motion"::

"↓, ↘, →" + A

So when applying this to the AT you get:

Forward Dash, ↓+B (Turnip), ↘, →

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
can't do it consistantly enuff to bust out in friendlies and test but i did accidentally do a insta-ledgehog from the slide of this pull which is kinda cool and flashy and maybe might be kinda useful like lucario's extremehog. <_<

Canvasofgrey

Smash Ace
My only problem with the free turnip slide is that it's hard to transition it into anything. It's hard to effectively flow the turnip slide and go into a glide toss because there is that moment of pause where Peach stands still, and that's when it's open.

As I figure it, it's probably a better gimmick than it is an effective tool in tournament circumstances, but I'm working on it.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
So has this been confirmed to be effective?
Read below.

As I figure it, it's probably a better gimmick than it is an effective tool in tournament circumstances, but I'm working on it.
If the c-stick version can be done as easily as the b-stick version, then the only major problem really only is application. It's cool, but so far the only use for the massive slide is an alternative to running across the stage and criss-crossing past characters with lame dsmashes.

There's great potential in it though - now that there's people besides me doing it. :p

Canvasofgrey

Smash Ace
I don't know how other people play, Meno, but I'm certain that the turnip slide is effective for my game-style since I like running away a lot. And retreating. A lot. And skip-a-lou. A lot. >_>;

So really, it's nice for my play style since When I run now, I usually now have a turnip in hand so I don't have to waste time picking out turnips after I gain considerable distance from my opponent.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
so liek...my L is set to attack so it's easy to do turnip smashes for me. that being said, i think a sliding turnip fsmash is pretty **** as a mindgame for a kill. i can't do the AT itself all that consistently in games but i think adding an fsmash to the end of this can be really **** at times.

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
Don't want to bother reading the whole thread, but if you glide pull ledge cancel, it's an instant pull with no lag. Ledgeguards, anyone?

EDIT: Also not sure if this one was posted, but the dash is unnecessary. You can do it out of a walk (even standing still) if you immediately turn around and pull, no matter the walking distance. Tilt back, down-B, instant glidepull.

Enjoy.

AAP

Smash Journeyman
so liek...my L is set to attack so it's easy to do turnip smashes for me. that being said, i think a sliding turnip fsmash is pretty **** as a mindgame for a kill. i can't do the AT itself all that consistently in games but i think adding an fsmash to the end of this can be really **** at times.
How do the turnip smashes work? i've also got attack mapped to a shoulder button. But it seems every time i try playing around with it all i get is a smash attack that fully charges then releases. Am i s'pose to let go of my shoulder button to release the smash? if so, is this only good for one smash with a turnip?

Don't want to bother reading the whole thread, but if you glide pull ledge cancel, it's an instant pull with no lag. Ledgeguards, anyone?

EDIT: Also not sure if this one was posted, but the dash is unnecessary. You can do it out of a walk (even standing still) if you immediately turn around and pull, no matter the walking distance. Tilt back, down-B, instant glidepull.

Enjoy.
I don't think i get what your talking about with the ledge cancel , doing a glide pull off the edge seems like a lot of work when u could just run off and ledge cancel a turnip. As far as not needing to dash, it sounds to me like you're describing a Turnip free pull essentially. Which seems more difficult to do with the control stick, i don't think it has quite the same distance but does allow you to slide in the direction of your choice irregardless of which way your facing. Are there many guys out there doing turnip free pulls without a b-stick?

Top Bottom