• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to deal with/punish Discussing MK's Shuttleloop

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Not really. Depends how lose to them you're airdodging the lasers. Usually if they're lasering you're not really in phantasm range.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Not really. Depends how lose to them you're airdodging the lasers. Usually if they're lasering you're not really in phantasm range.
From my experience the falco would SHDL and phantasm if I got to close. Also If I got hit by the close and was really close he'd like jab then grab. But I'm not too sure it mattered it seemed whenever I went toward their direction that's how they'd respond.

Corrupted

Smash Journeyman
Silent laser gives falco a positive shield advantage. One of the only moves in brawl that can do that.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Those lasers are veeeryyy annoying. Airdodging is great but I also like to use my bike to get a lot of vertical distance(to move Wario to the other side without being hit with lasers; I have FD in mind as an example) and make it look like I'm approaching them, then they may jump towards me to attempt a bair or uair. they stopped the lasering crap and avoid their attempted attack and weave in their space possibly connecing with an attack.

If they keep lasering though, and not falling for the bait, I guess just keep airdogding near the middle and make it seem you are slowly approaching them, then hopefully they attempt a phantasm and you nair it, or dacus the ending lag.

I uually don't mind getting hit by lasers at low percents because it means less cging on me, it's only when it is later, in the high percents and you are looking for the kill, when it gets veeeryy annoying.

Gichan

Smash Champion
no, the laser always hits you first. But let's say you bait them into the phantom, you dacus that move, it depends on how comfortable you are with it. and only do it if you know you'll nail it, cause if you are at 0-15%, that's a nice cg for the falco...

Padô

Smash Lord
Get used to the phantasm when you got closer.
Read your oponnent then punish by abusing from your aerial mobility, nairs and bairs.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
I have a qeustion.
Oh right...I forgot..I'm planning to drop marth and pick up wario.
My question is now that fiction has dropped wario...who is the best wario?
ive got one too.

will you post a bunch of stupid stuff on our boards like you do with the marth boards?

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Don't eat them unless you're fooling around.

Airdodge right before hitting the ground to pick them up

if they hit your shield, immediately jump and hit L or R to grab it

Hold onto bananas and bait diddy to them and punish

its key for this matchup

best argument so far.

Gea

Smash Master
Don't forget that when you're in the air holding a nannah, you can z drop, then do an aerial to recatch it. Mmm.

Gichan

Smash Champion
dayum, toobusytocare, that was some awesome advice, so much quality in that post, lol. I, for some ****ing reason, did not consider grabbing the banana after it hits my shield.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
i always try to eat one naner so i dont get locked. if you use projectiles alot (warios tires, bike, naners, gyros, radishes) you can guess almost every time they are going to throw it. i personally like playing with naners it makes diddy focus more on the bananas and not so much on how he has more 'priority' over you.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
I eat them at time also whenever they're are two on stage or I eat them when he throws them at me. I really don't care LoL just don't want to deal with them. It doesn't matter what damage I'm at and the lag is pretty negligible IMO because it's not as if anything he has to follow up on will kill you.

Is it better to have one nana in hand or just immediately throw the thing at him? Also what about the bike and nana's do they trip him off the bike?

ChomP

Smash Cadet
Yeah, if a nana hits wario while he's on the bike it'll make him trip.

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
I forgot to add that when you airdodge to pick up a grounded banana you can instantly glide toss out of it.

so like land on a banana and instantly glide toss it to look badass

Is it better to have one nana in hand or just immediately throw the thing at him? Also what about the bike and nana's do they trip him off the bike?
Do not throw them at diddy. A good diddy player will always catch it and its pretty hard to punish the catch for some reason.

when you control the bananas: BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT

I think of diddy as like 2 magnets
one magnet is the banana, the other is diddy himself

Wherever the banana lands is likely where diddy is about to be.
It's like he's playing a game of fetch with himself lol

So if you are holding one banana, and you get between diddy and the other banana, it's bait city

Felix is like my best friend, so diddy is one of the matchups i know fairly well XD

Gichan

Smash Champion
not sarcastic at all, for some reason i just couldn't think of that, don't know why. I just thought, shield it and worry about somethign else. But rather, I might as well just use the **** thing. And also, you gave four good points in like four sentences, so it was funny to read good info in little words.

And dayum, I gotta try that instant glide toss. Diddy gives me a **** load of trouble, these bananas are just too annoying, but these ideas are great.

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
haha cool :)

yeah, just don't eat them unless you already are holding one and diddy is fairly far away (this never happens but, meh)

there is still enough lag from the ending frames of eating bananas for diddy to punish so its all around just better to control them and use them as bait

Gea

Smash Master
If they just pulled the nanner, chances are they are baiting you to go towards it thinking they will pick it up. Just sayin'

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
If they just pulled the nanner, chances are they are baiting you to go towards it thinking they will pick it up. Just sayin'
Not really

usually diddy's pull a banana then jump and catch it.

that or they keep it near them to use it.

If you aren't diddy then you shouldnt be baited by bananas since they aren't crucial to your gameplay like they are for diddy lol

Gichan

Smash Champion
as in, the next issue we discuss is DDD's grab.

As for the bananas, can a dacus pick up a banana? that would be extremely effective if it does work.

Hyesz

Smash Journeyman
DACUS idea is good.

I just catch them as he throws them, I very rarely get hit by a Nana because of experience so maybe that's just me.

Sometimes I glide toss them back but I usually throw them off stage.

I've never found Diddy a problem with Wario.

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
DACUS idea is good.

I just catch them as he throws them, I very rarely get hit by a Nana because of experience so maybe that's just me.

Sometimes I glide toss them back but I usually throw them off stage.

I've never found Diddy a problem with Wario.
It's not as easy as people think if the diddy player is actually good lol.

and throwing them offstage is dumb because then he can just make more...

separating diddy from his bananas makes him incredibly vulnerable, so keep the bananas

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Alright moving on to d3's grab. If anyone has any problems with my write ups of the stuff just let me know and I can correct it.

Top Bottom