• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to deal with/punish Discussing MK's Shuttleloop

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
If you don't have anything of substance to post in the thread why bother? It's not cool and you're not funny.
i thought it was hilarious tbh. but to add a little to what he said, fake landing next to him and bite. also just play keep away without the 3rd person

AznNoob123

Smash Rookie
Iunnno if this is helpful

but Trick DDD into expecting a Dair or any aerial from us, and fastfall a chomp instead of "said
aerial"

dunno if any smart D3 will fall for it though

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
i bite from the air, i just dont do it when im way up there. It will start to look like a new player picking kirby, jumping 7 times getting as high as he can and brick you.

@ rolling behind wario: i was testing pivot grab the other day (the one that changes your momentum B then <>) and i got to thinking "wow it would be so broken if he can change sides like wolf's reflector in mid air or on the ground.." <-- just a random idea i had. Because im sure everyone on the wario boards mashes F5 waiting for me to post.

bassem6

Smash Lord
I dont consider the matchup to be even. I think it depends on the stages and can go from 60:40 depending on it. On a netural stage ddd has the advantage. On fd, ddd has even more of an advantage.

As for what to do against his grab, he cant grab you if you sh nair OOS and space away or if you fair him then space away. Aerial bites, and full hop dairs are pretty good most of the time too.

Just stay near the ledge of the stage (dont grab the ledge, just stand close to it) so if you DO get grabbed he can only grab release upsmash or maybe dthrow you once.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
I dont consider the matchup to be even. I think it depends on the stages and can go from 60:40 depending on it. On a netural stage ddd has the advantage. On fd, ddd has even more of an advantage.

As for what to do against his grab, he cant grab you if you sh nair OOS and space away or if you fair him then space away. Aerial bites, and full hop dairs are pretty good most of the time too.

Just stay near the ledge of the stage (dont grab the ledge, just stand close to it) so if you DO get grabbed he can only grab release upsmash or maybe dthrow you once.
I was going to say something along those lines since it seemed to be pretty effective when you did it against DMG.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
am i dumb for countering smashville against d3s? i disagree that all neutrals are in d3's favor. FD yes, Bf no yi no, sv no.. you can camp on all those platforms and most d3s will get impatient.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
am i dumb for countering smashville against d3s? i disagree that all neutrals are in d3's favor. FD yes, Bf no yi no, sv no.. you can camp on all those platforms and most d3s will get impatient.
I think YI and FD is in his favor. I dislike yoshi's island d3 will just camp under that huge platform.

Gichan

Smash Champion
I also say SV, it seems much easier to kill DDD on that stage, maybe becasue the sides are not that huge so an fsmash is a possible kill.

There is, unfortunately, very little to say on this. But I do love the suggestion on playing near the ledge so it won't be a ridiculous cg, that was very good. And not to be predictable because that pivot grab is beastly.

Maybe a full hop dair on top of the shield then use the second jump to get away may be another wat around the grab.

For me, honestly, their bair gives me more trouble than the grab. I try to time the fair to hit them after a bair but I always screw up the timing and then get *****.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
You can't punish Marth's fair, it's mathematically impossible
So then how do you deal with the move? If that's the case then based on what you're saying Marth should be able to camp fairs and win. Is that how the Marth match up goes for you?

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
have you ever played this game???

just look at frame data
if you can do simple addition/subtraction you can see why
I play this game a lot actually.

Let's say the Marth player is using a lot of SH Fairs can i punish with FH dairs?

Also what about fsmash can that be used to punish fairs ?

Can bair be used to punish them?

What about up angeled ftilts ?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
2busy, you gotta stop double posting everywhere or I'm gonna have to start infracting you; forum rules.

Best way is learn to space for Marth's fair + movement. If you have a feel for that, should the top half of his swing miss you, you can poke him with fairs or nairs or bairs as he's finishing the low part of his swing.

Padô

Smash Lord
2busy, you gotta stop double posting everywhere or I'm gonna have to start infracting you; forum rules.

Best way is learn to space for Marth's fair + movement. If you have a feel for that, should the top half of his swing miss you, you can poke him with fairs or nairs or bairs as he's finishing the low part of his swing.
I prefer using spaced bair.
Just awesome and its a great spacing move. you guys should try it. If Marth's getting used to it running perfect shield > grab works just fine.

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
theres actually a rule against double posting? D:

i dont like writing a post, then realizing i have something different to say and having to edit my first post to add something that isnt related to it

in other words i like to separate my posts when im talking about different things

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691

Can you explain that a little more I don't quite get it.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Marth's fair swing goes from above him to below him. Once the sword has passed about the halfway mark on his body, the top half of Marth is vulnerable to retaliation. If you've spaced against his fair correctly, you have enough time to damage him as he's finishing the rest of his fair animation.

Top Bottom