• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to Improve - a compilation

edgeswipe21

Smash Journeyman
Prolly a bit of exaggeration but i needed advice on the general outlook of the game that i should have, not something specific. Its true for me.

forward

Smash Champion
just play more than them

that's the secret

there, i said it

if you wanna be better then everyone else

play more than them

because the guys that beat you

play more than you

lollllllllllllllllllllllllllll

alright! go get better! =)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol, the thread title used to be different >_> i guess he's right though, i guess. i guess it applies for mew2king, lmao.

Binx

Smash Master
LOL I remember this thread, I had a link to this on another sig on a forum I visit luls, anyways enjoy

10bumps

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
Definitely bump-worthy. Shffl cross-ups? Dash cross-ups? Excellent additions to my game.

Vsin

Smash Apprentice
Fun fact: 37 Pages on Word when Copy/Pasted.

Dangggg...thats a ton of work, and a great read

goateeguy

Smash Ace
nice job, this is one of the most indepth analyses of smash i've ever seen. i'll definately be trying a lot of these tips as soon as i can

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Mindgames, patience, skill. Sure can be used in it as well. It would be up to you. ;]

MaDWaK

Smash Journeyman
I think this was one of the most informational things ive ever read. This can be applicable to any other FG as well.

question though: Ever since I went to a melee tourney this past weekend, Ive felt like my game cant improve at all. Ive been playing pretty low level players for a while now ( a lot before and a little bit since the tournament. ) Its gotten to the point where I can predict almost all their techs, their WDs, their attacks, and when they shield, and I can pretty much counter everything they do. I know I cant improve significantly from playing these people, but I do want to and I will dedicate myself to get better for the next high level players I play against. what mindset should I try to be in when playing these low level players?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I think this was one of the most informational things ive ever read. This can be applicable to any other FG as well.

question though: Ever since I went to a melee tourney this past weekend, Ive felt like my game cant improve at all. Ive been playing pretty low level players for a while now ( a lot before and a little bit since the tournament. ) Its gotten to the point where I can predict almost all their techs, their WDs, their attacks, and when they shield, and I can pretty much counter everything they do. I know I cant improve significantly from playing these people, but I do want to and I will dedicate myself to get better for the next high level players I play against. what mindset should I try to be in when playing these low level players?
Play people that are higher than your level. Thats what I usually do. (although you won't feel good about yourself sometimes, but you'll get better that way)

Although, I also feel like I can't improve, but I just keep playing.

LoOshKiN

Smash Journeyman
I know I cant improve significantly from playing these people, but I do want to and I will dedicate myself to get better for the next high level players I play against. what mindset should I try to be in when playing these low level players?
Like the other guy said, play people who are better than you. You learn more from your losses than your wins, at least, you better lol

If you're beating these low level players consistently than you've run that pool of players dry of improvement. They should be improving more rapidly than you. Get some losses racked up against players that are better than you and reap experience and new lessons learned from your matches.

Pandii

Smash Rookie
The links from overswarm's website aren't working for me, seems like the domain has been freed up o.o

Binx

Smash Master
The links from overswarm's website aren't working for me, seems like the domain has been freed up o.o
Sorry about that, this hasn't been updated in a while. Overswarm didn't want me to copy the whole article, he said he'd rather have a link to it, thats why it isn't entirely here, I dunno what to tell you =(

wisl

Smash Journeyman
nice collection

I once read a thread from theONEjanitor (or someone like that) that would fit here. im going to search it.

Top Bottom