• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to Improve - a compilation

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I agree with mah ni99a Twebb; confidence is key u'll play way better when ur confident. Even when you're down always think positive and keep pushing yourself. If you're down a couple stocks just think to you're self, "Alright, lemme just take a couple stocks so its not that bad",.. and then u find yourself making this huge comeback and you're there...neva be negative
Also vice versa. Meaning, don't get to excited if you are making a come back. Seriously I was (I think) and I was about to kill this capfal, but then instead of attacking (a simple nair off the stage) I was so excited I didn't know what to do and just airdodged diagnolly to the right, off the edge. God that sucked. :/

Also I just used a 5 hour energy. That helped me almost get a comeback, and from then on it went down hill lol.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Lol true. Treat this as if you were going for a big exam. Wait, I mean, if you are going to a tournament or something. Or anywhere really.

Leviathan741

Smash Ace
The only real way to get better is by playing different kinds of people who are good meaning if you don't live on the one of the coasts for an extended period of time and have a life (meaning you can't travel across the country for a single video game) (don't blame you) your never gonna get pro status, or even close. End of the story. Trust me, I have firsthand experience. I live in Missouri.

dinopawnz

Smash Rookie
kool...melee players in exist in missouri..great fun fact! xD and this is my first post ever on smashboards..weee

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
****ing awesome post. SfasdflkasdfjasdlkfjsdaLK;J

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
when you think of smash being about two people running around on a stage "fighting for position" by beating the **** out of eachother and throwing the other off, the concept becomes quite funny.

Reactions improve as you play the game. You become more mentally prepared to react to things as your experience grows, because you understand more situations and learn how to apply counters and things.

Dux

Smash Rookie
Hey does anybody knows where i can find the full article? Teaching Tech - How to Improve by Overswarm.com, link not working. Thanks in advance.

Top Bottom