• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~How To Wield The Triforce of Power~ <vers 2.0>

MaJiK

Smash Ace
thx i never c en E 1 use the drk dive anymore and i think im gonna start again my bro plays as samus and im gonna use it as a combo w/ the dirt nap b/c even w/ 0% he goes 2 high

Thomas Tipman

Smash Champion
DYC said:
lawl @ slap to wizard's foot. aahahahahahhahaa
dont laugh thats one of the 1337357 combos ganon has.

...pfft... AHAHAHAHA, alot of this stuff is really funny i remember i used to think this guide was awsome when i was a n00blet before i learned the tech that had the snowball effect on my skill development (the roll :laugh: ).

T Bird

Smash Apprentice
I would like to see a counter list. (Char.s Gannon counters) Also among banes you may want to include some levels. ie. Poke floats. With Gannons pathetic jump and reletively open third jump he has difficulty recovering from mistakes. It's one of the few levels that marth can counter pick him with.

Thomas Tipman

Smash Champion
t bird check out the thread called ganon versus, its basically what youre looking for and maybe you can find some tips on other matches aswell as give your 2 cents about any you know about.

T Bird

Smash Apprentice
If he's going to do banes I figure he might as well put counters here as well. Also, poke floats is a bane to Gannon. It would be nice to have eveything in one place.

Ganon_Smash86

Smash Rookie
I've played Ganondorf for quite sometime and learnded most of his tricks on my own, generally by stupid accidents. But the extra info you poured into this guide sent it over the top. The banes of Ganondorf section really improved my game, that and days and nights of pain staking practice till my thumbs started to bleed.

damienstryker

Smash Rookie
Wow... I'm so amazed... I've never seen anything so involved... so detailed... so... Ganondorf... I'm excited. I'll show my friends something sinister thanks to this guide... Thanks a bunch!

Wizard Kick... no... it's a way of life...

Hark21Ball

Smash Cadet
damienstryker said:
Wow... I'm so amazed... I've never seen anything so involved... so detailed... so... Ganondorf... I'm excited. I'll show my friends something sinister thanks to this guide... Thanks a bunch!

Wizard Kick... no... it's a way of life...
Very nice this has improved my Ganondorf a lot. Im now acting smarter and move quicker this guide helped me alot so thanks for being very detailed. :)

gannondorfman01

Smash Rookie
ganondorf is indeed one of the slowest but powerful characters in the game and I mastered all of his moves so its impossible to beat me. Also I am the champion of super smash brothers melee where I live. So bring it on.

Uno

Smash Journeyman
gannondorfman01 said:
ganondorf is indeed one of the slowest but powerful characters in the game and I mastered all of his moves so its impossible to beat me. Also I am the champion of super smash brothers melee where I live. So bring it on.
I dont get it, are you joking?

crazypotatoe23

Smash Rookie
so pretty much i think this is a perfect guide, all you have to do is go more in depth to against character specifics. My question is when a ganon plays against shiek how come you can just roll out of the dash attack side tilt and then gerudo dragon. Why must you wavedash? Another note, how could shiek continue a combo for taht long? ganon can easily break out of 1. maybe ive just played against nooby shieks but still.

Legendary Trainer

Smash Rookie
Not bad if I may say so. I'm probably going to master the guy quickly, because he's a clone of CF and I used to have him mastered.

badmonkey

Smash Rookie
I was wondering who I was going to use as my main character. Now that I've read your guide, I know for sure that I will be a Ganondorf user.

Thank you.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
the guide is very good (i've never thought of using his tilt up a (forgot what you named it) as an edgegaurd) but you said samus and link are sort of counters (banes as you say) to ganon, i actually think that ganon gives them a tougher fight than they give ganon, you should of explained more on falco since he is ganons biggest counter (the SHL kills), and wavedash i don't find as a great thing for ganon, i use it to retreat a bit but not much, his gerudo dragon is actually more predictable than his wizards foot, and can his smash up a (tornado kick) be spammed in like pokemon stadium when it changes to the rock stage

other than that your guide was excellent

santi256

Smash Rookie
gannondorfman01 said:
This guy isn't really serious, I kknow him, he's never played against anyone good at SSBM, I am better at SSBM than him and I kknow that I'm still not that good compared to others
:p
oh, and I don't play ganondorf I play fox but I just wanted to inform about this quote

TestRider

Smash Ace
I think this topic needs to die... ~Shin_Ganondorf~ quit playing Smash according to what Tipman says, and most of the stuff you find in here is outdated (edgeguarding with up tilt and Warlock Punch, anyone?). Anyway new posts won't really add anything to this topic, just look at the last two pages, just a bunch of people looking to boost their post count with one liners...

TestRider

Smash Ace
...Do people pay any attention to what's being said in here lately? In case you haven't noticed, ~Shin_Ganondorf~ hasn't updated this thread in some time. In fact, his last post on Smashboards was over nine months ago. In other words, don't write him expecting an answer, because you're not going to get one.

JFox

Smash Hero
Now that I have been playin Ganon for a while, I took a look back at this thread, and I have to say I dislike a lot of things about it. It seems to be completely outdated and I think a new ganon guide with more current info is needed.

I really didnt like the combos. They don't really work...they are too easy to escape. He doesn't even mention the kind of characters to do it on, or what percent you can and can't do this at. Most of them are luck, or are easily escapable. Sorry I am dis'in the guide, but it needs an update bad. Ganon is a great character, and these guides just don't do him justice. I can't really say I learned anything after reading it.

And I HATE the fact that the guide refers to everything by using the names of the move. You constantly have to check and see what name pertains to what move, rather than just saying F-air, Utilt, Fsmash, etc.

~Shin_Ganondorf~

Smash Journeyman
This guide is old as heck, there are spelling errors galore, the combo's don't work, bleck . . . I guess I should make 2.5 atleast.

. . . i'll see about it. cut out the junk, put in the stuff that matters.

-looks at laziness-
-glares at laziness-

BAAH!!! DIE!!

-scribbles things down on paper-

MaJiK

Smash Ace
I would like to add sumthin i found out, playin as falcon will alow you to think a little quicker b/c you will have the mind set of comboin and that will help it did for me

GreenBunny9999

Smash Apprentice
Ganon is my main, this guide is cool, what about thunder punch wave dash, repeated works well on floaties?

T Bird

Smash Apprentice
As if dude, it may possibly work in theory, but floaties can DI like mad. it'd be really freaky tough, plus it'd only really work at low damage. Not that I've ever seen you do it at all.

_Snake_

Smash Apprentice
Yea, I was playing around with Ganondorf because I want to use him as my second main. So I go to this board and read this Ganon FAQ... but this thing is really outdated.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Yea, I was playing around with Ganondorf because I want to use him as my second main. So I go to this board and read this Ganon FAQ... but this thing is really outdated.
How is this guide outdated? It was just made like within the last month or so and by one of the most technically skilled ganons I've ever seen. Now how is this outdated? AR shots of hitboxes and the like. I think you need to read through this guide more carefully...

_Snake_

Smash Apprentice
xXx-NoobKing-xXx said:
How is this guide outdated? It was just made like within the last month or so and by one of the most technically skilled ganons I've ever seen. Now how is this outdated? AR shots of hitboxes and the like. I think you need to read through this guide more carefully...
What Tipman said.

~Shin_Ganondorf~

Smash Journeyman
lol, your all arguing if this guide is outdated.
This guide IS outdated. Its chalk full of errors and the fun 'lack of information' however. This guide was top of the line in its day. Right now, most of the info in it, is just 'known'.
But for the person who doesn't know jack.

here you go. a possible guide to help you.

Its so much easier to 'play' Ganon, than it is to try and remember what you did and put it into words for other people to read.

Top Bottom