• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~How To Wield The Triforce of Power~ <vers 2.0>

Chaotix_0

Smash Apprentice
SilvenswordsmanX said:
THIS IS THE BEST GUIDE EVER...You explain everything with truth and without lies in this guide, I've seen other guides that do approximations and stuff but this one is exact in everything it says. Your Ganondorf seems the same as mine(although hes not my best and im sure mine isnt as good as yours) Fallen to sheiks,marths..the works. I dont know about that kirby thing though, never had a kirby vs ganondorf. And YOUR EXACTLY RIGHT about him being the strongest character in the game, f*** bowser and DK, notice: that these two "creatures" have moves that rack up damage ex: Bowser's up+b and DK's forward+b. OMG THAT CRAZY ISNT IT? LOOK AT GANONDORF, truthfully i cant name a single move that he has that cant KO you at 200% or less. Even his neutral A JAB has a knockback and its super fast, I mean light speed<><><><> in all my time of playing with ganondorf no1 has ever seen it coming. The weakest aerial he has is his backflip kick and THAT can even KO you at 150% or less. Just goes to show, this isnt always right------------------------------> POWER<SPEED ......:beezo: Theres really nothing I can add, you basically covered everything.
Sry to burst ur bubble, there is one lie. He says that nothing can outprioritize Gananon's Warlock Punch, well we can introduce it to a Samus charge-shot.

McD

Smash Journeyman
I play ganondorf for the slower Characters and against my friend when he is Samus :p ...
But I always screw up with the up tilt...I really need to know when to use it...mind you...
I tend to accidentily use it :psycho: ...But still...When should I

Anyone? :confused:

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
McD said:
I play ganondorf for the slower Characters and against my friend when he is Samus :p ...
But I always screw up with the up tilt...I really need to know when to use it...mind you...
I tend to accidentily use it :psycho: ...But still...When should I

Anyone? :confused:
From an experienced Ganon player:

NEVER, quite simply. You should never use that move. Save the rare occasion when you break your opponents shield or Jigglypuff misses his sleep on you. Only in 1v1 unless you have a leet partner in 2v2 that can keep the other opponent away and the other opponent does have any projectiles besides like Fox's laser which doesn't even stun.

Tipman: We just had a tourney and I got a best of 7 Ganon vs Peach of ME vs Sastopher. You want me to send that to you when it's done?

Duke

it's just duke. nothing to get worried about.
Lol, I don't think this guide on GANONDORF should go in the GANONDORF threads. Teehee, mic I know your reading this...move this or have your central nervous system plucked like Eric plucks his red guitar. Do that angry mod smash thing you do...I like that.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
ganon's bair cancels out samus' charge shot, fully charged, i know this for a fact because i did it, ganon's priority is almost to that of peach....i think

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Thanks for Supreme Pie Ninja for not only telling me about this misplaced thread, but for also reading the announcement. Thankyou very much.

Blarg I'm Dead

Smash Apprentice
-COMBO's-_ Heck, these are just some random fun tricks. Most the time, my favorite 100% combo doesn't work. And usually I end up tweaking things aroundin my combo's so I never know if it will work the second time. Forward airials will change to up-airials, and so combos change. . . soooo, even though they are here, most of these aren't dependable. but fun! So I didn't delete them.

Beginner's combo - Dair (L-canceled), Gerudo Dragon, Gerudo Dragon, Dark Dive
Approximate Dmg: 40-50%

Nightmare Combo - Grab, Dthrow, A, Dtilt, Fsmash(charged slightly)
Approximate Dmg: 45-50%

This is all for the name baby, I don't use the forward smash as much as I should, its great, its like Bowsers forward smash, the real back, and the steaming forward of a powerful smash. Pluss, you can stem this combo (as you can with most Ganondorfs combo's) from a grab. Throw them into the ground, and punch them, setting them up for a Sweeping snake, then let them land, let them get up, they won't know your charging this move. It will teach them well, and on the day they learn, you won't charge it, you will do . . . this.

Broken Dream, Nightmare Rush - Grab, Dthrow, A, Dtilt, Fsmash(no charge), Gerudo Dragon, Bair, Fair
Approximate Dmg: 95-100%

Another combo with the tag of ULTIMATE combo, This is the next step in the Nightmare Combo. This requires a degree of luck, and a load of perfection. It works on a set few characters, but were talking 95 - 100 % damage on this one, its worth it to know your opponent, and their character. Do the Nightmare combo, up to the Nightmare Lunge, DON'T charge the nightmare lunge, instead hit them with it, then, if your lucky you can follow with the VERY TIP of a Gerudo Dragon. This will knock your opponent into the air for a great back airial, hidden gauntlet, which you can then do your fist of death. . bluntly run up to them and smack them up. They will most likely recover by now, but . . . oh the glory of getting that final hit in. DO IT! Even if your risking it, DO IT for the GLORY of the Nightmare Rush!

The Scavenger - (end of) Uair, Gerudo Dragon
Approximate DMG: 20-25%

One of the more advanced ways of starting combo's with Ganondorf. Something everyone should learn to use is this combo starter, it can easily lead into parts of the Berserker Death charge, one of Ganondorfs more ultimate combo's. Your opponents might learn to see this coming, but thats the glory of it. Through your playing you will learn many ways to start combo's, you don't necisarily have to start combo's with this move, it hits so far away you can back off and keep 'PICKING' at your opponent.

Wizards Wrath - Fair, Wizards Foot
Approximate DMG: 27-30%

This can lead to a stale-mate against most characters, against laggier characters and depending on which part of the wizards foot you hit with, you might be able to follow up, mostly your looking at this as a lucky beginning combo. This works almost ONLY from zero percent. This is one of the more useful combo's with the Wizards Foot, actually I'd stake that just about only THIS combo makes the Wizard Foot more common. Most people will wonder what to use the Wizards foot for later in the game because its laggy and isn't that good to use a lot, this combo makes the move useful and the lag is acceptable.

I translated the combos as everyone was saying "you should have used Fair, Uair, etc." I added beginner's Combo. I also left Dark Dive, Gerudo Dragon, and Wizard's Foot the same as those are the names on the trophys.
Sorry if someone has already done this.

flashaction

Smash Rookie
hey thanks this helped out some of the problems i had. i hope when the new game come out we have help like this so the next game will be very good.

What?

Smash Apprentice
Wow. I'm glad to hear such enthusiasm for Ganondorf.

He's my main as I started off playing as him so many years ago.

Seeing "Triforce of Power" completely changed my game and now I am trying to master the Vulture Kick ledge guard.

I want to be the best Ganondorf player on the East Coast, but there's no way to make it official without challenging other players.

I do alright. My buddy Tim has more wins on me with his Falcon and Ness skills, to my dismay.

I wish I posted on Smashboards more often. I have vids on YouTube and I'd like to share.

The Dark Lord Ganondorf

Smash Apprentice
I do alright. My buddy Tim has more wins on me with his Falcon and Ness skills, to my dismay.

I wish I posted on Smashboards more often. I have vids on YouTube and I'd like to share.
Well then just put the vids in your sig so people can view them at their leisure. And Im sorry but if your losing to Ness then you have a long way to go before you can challenge the best Ganondorfs of the east.

smashman90

Smash Lord
The only problem that I have with ganondorf is that sometimes when I do up+a , then I do the double kick and sometimes Ido the move where he lifts his leg up then slams it on the ground when I didn't want to do it. Any help with this? Am I the only one that has have this occurred?

mood4food77

Smash Hero
if you mean the vulture kick, use the c-stick instead of up-a, jump and then c-stick, or you're just pressing the A button too fast

Rock_Man

Smash Rookie
Wow man this is a great guide, sure helped me out on keepin my main as Ganon. You know like when you like to use diferent characters then you want to switch, but then I read this and said "lol what was I thinking" soo I'm sticking to Ganon couse of this guide. This guide also helped me on some combo starters and it gave me some tips on how some of the moves I don't use much work. Thanx ^.^

Linguini

Smash Master
I have a question for Tipman, do you use the c-stick for aerials? Ive been practicing my *** of to pull off the waveland to u-air edgeguard consistently but I find its alot easier to do it with the c-stick.Other than that for what other aerials/tricks do you use the c-stick for?

mood4food77

Smash Hero
for almost every air move ganon has, the c-stick is much easier to use than the a button because most of the time you have to move in a different direction then the air move you are performing in order to get the most out of that move (best example is the fair since it has a lot of reach but massive impact at the fist, so wavedash in, retreating jump, fair)

SabakU_13

Smash Rookie
i dont know, i never really use the c stick much at all and i do just fine.
but still, mood4food's strategy/technique sounds really useful.

stupidretardster

Smash Cadet
Stuff you should add in this guide

After Doing Down B in mid air you regain a mid air jump and your Up B even if you already used both your jumps, this has a few uses;

Firstly it allows you to recover better.
If you used you mid air jump and you are too far away from the stage to UP B/ DI back to safety but you are above or equal to the ledge height, use Wizard's foot which gains you horisontal distance, then use your jump and UP B to recover the vertical distance that wizards foot drops you. This movement makes you swoop downwards (wizards foot) and jump back up again (mid air jump and Up B) making it useful for avoiding certain edge guarding techniques such as peach's turnips/ floating Bair and jigglypuff's fair/ bair. This move not only evades projectiles, it covers more horisontal distance than just doing UP B and DI'ing back to safety

Use it to spike much better than Dair
When an opponent is returning after knocking them off the ledge, double jump and use wizards foot, this will spike them diagonally away from the stage. Afterwards use your extra jump and UP B to recover. It is possible to recover after a single jump instead of a double jump but you must grab the ledge and is easily ledge hogged if you miss them.

This spike is really good and is one of the best IMO, it knocks the opponent diagonally so if they are falling or jumping near or above the ledge they can still be spiked. It has high priority making it hard to block, it covers a long range and has very few start up frames so spikes quickly. I believe it cannot be meteor cancelled because it's not a meteor attack although im not positive. This should be your edge guarding attack in most scenarios.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
using it as a spike is horrible unless you're 100% sure that your opponent is going to be in that spot (why it works well on ganon and falcon), dair is one of the hardest meteors to cancel (3rd to yoshi's dair and kirby's dair since they're multi-hit meteors), yea so don't use it unless you're 100% sure it will hit

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
using it as a spike is horrible unless you're 100% sure that your opponent is going to be in that spot (why it works well on ganon and falcon), dair is one of the hardest meteors to cancel (3rd to yoshi's dair and kirby's dair since they're multi-hit meteors), yea so don't use it unless you're 100% sure it will hit
I concur. I've never used Down+b as a way to meteor someone. Ever.

Unless they get in my way when I'm trying to recover. It's their own **** fault for getting in the path of my car.:laugh:

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Stuff you should add in this guide

After Doing Down B in mid air you regain a mid air jump and your Up B even if you already used both your jumps, this has a few uses;

Firstly it allows you to recover better.
If you used you mid air jump and you are too far away from the stage to UP B/ DI back to safety but you are above or equal to the ledge height, use Wizard's foot which gains you horisontal distance, then use your jump and UP B to recover the vertical distance that wizards foot drops you. This movement makes you swoop downwards (wizards foot) and jump back up again (mid air jump and Up B) making it useful for avoiding certain edge guarding techniques such as peach's turnips/ floating Bair and jigglypuff's fair/ bair. This move not only evades projectiles, it covers more horisontal distance than just doing UP B and DI'ing back to safety

Use it to spike much better than Dair
When an opponent is returning after knocking them off the ledge, double jump and use wizards foot, this will spike them diagonally away from the stage. Afterwards use your extra jump and UP B to recover. It is possible to recover after a single jump instead of a double jump but you must grab the ledge and is easily ledge hogged if you miss them.

This spike is really good and is one of the best IMO, it knocks the opponent diagonally so if they are falling or jumping near or above the ledge they can still be spiked. It has high priority making it hard to block, it covers a long range and has very few start up frames so spikes quickly. I believe it cannot be meteor cancelled because it's not a meteor attack although im not positive. This should be your edge guarding attack in most scenarios.
Nnnope.

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
Is there a video showcasing most of the stuff discussed in the current version of this guide? I was told there was a video titled "How to wield the Triforce of Power"; recommended by a friend when I tried to use Ganon the other day at some local after-school smash - I saw it as ironic, as reading this guide was what made me decide to try to take up G-Dorf... I'd like to see what a proper Ganon can do, to see what I should work on (of course adapted to my own styles); those who know Ganon around me don't play him very often... and I'd also like to see what the wavedash-run looks like; I'm probably not releasing the control stick to slam it again to run in time - mostly I end up walking instead or starting a normal run...

I'd like to have a character I can fall back onto other than Jigglypuff... my ICs are too wobbly (no pun intended) to be back up characters in serious competition...

A_mArIo

Smash Cadet
Down-B is a horrible spike, If it misses...ur screwed. I used to think it was the best but if you want to see the opponent go flying dow at 165765751 mph then go for slamming spiked boots to their face. Its faster,safer and overall more reliable.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Down-B is a horrible spike, If it misses...ur screwed. I used to think it was the best but if you want to see the opponent go flying dow at 165765751 mph then go for slamming spiked boots to their face. Its faster,safer and overall more reliable.

True, and untrue.

The "boot", or as my click of smashers at the ol' community college call it, "The Nazi Stomp", it is in fact a fantastic meteor, but meteor cancelling is a problem.

The Down+B has a couple of benefits:

1) Using the down+B gives you your double jump back, so if you miss, you aren't THAT screwed.
2) Based upon what people have told me, the down+b is an "actual spike". Think of it like Falco's D-air. Near impossible to meteor cancel. Don't hold me to that, that's what I've heard.

Personally, I enjoy the d-air more than the Down+B, but I've been using it a little more now to be showy It is a little risky, because of the lag attached to that move.

King Leonidas

Smash Apprentice
It would go "even" with Firefox. i.e. you would get hit up by the fire, but he would still be sent down, and die.

Lit

Smash Ace
and my friend is starting to use ganon... is there anything else you should let him no about....

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
SpeedN is quite a skilled player.. cleary his family derives their power from their hats... this must explain why Chozen's inner cowboyness aids him in fuxing w/ amazing ;)

Blackadder

Smash Master
This guide is quite good, I'll admit I was pleasently suprised apon reading it.

I've tested the combos, and there pretty deadly.
You could just refere to the attacks as Fair or Dair and whatnot, it's easier than going back and checking what the f**k you mean all the time.
Other than that, top job. 8/10

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
Yes, the guide is pure l33t, but like Adder said, use the terms like Dair,Fair,Bair, Fsmash, etc...

Top Bottom