• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Lol seriously. I was talking to dorsey about this the other day. "Dude kage loves to just dair people at the ledge, and wayyy too many good players die from it" Lol. I hardly ever miss it personally, you just have to keep calm and be patient until hitlag finally ends hah

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Lol seriously. I was talking to dorsey about this the other day. "Dude kage loves to just dair people at the ledge, and wayyy too many good players die from it" Lol. I hardly ever miss it personally, you just have to keep calm and be patient until hitlag finally ends hah
You will miss it if you face me. My dair is more powerful than a regular dair. My fair has range +1 too. =P

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
not sure if ppl saw it in the video thread, but here's a video of me vs ewbf on the week before G6. it was basically a 0 dollar MM; it was the last set we played before i left. it shows how my ganon's dealing with some falcon stuff, and how i choose to counter falcon approaches, such as wd oos to change falcon's crossover spacing and grab him. if he means to cross over but doesn't because of a short wd oos, then a grab becomes a lot more likely. it wont get broken up by a jab/falcon grab because he thinks he's behind you.

this vid also shows how god awful my fox still is LOL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sbemHC6BX0

when the tourney vids are up, i'll post them in the video thread. as always, all feedback is welcome and appreciated.

Superspright

Smash Lord
I wanna be the king of the ganons. like, the king of the king of evil. like the boss behind the boss--and you go, "oh snap" whenever that happens.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Looool dipndots

edit: you're another ganon I need to play one day.

So far I've played:
Linguini
Renth
Rockcrock
Chaddd
Pawls (clueless BTD)
Bl@ckchris
Jim (pyrostormer)
caboose (sova)

The list must go on!

Divinokage

Smash Legend
This is tangential but I have to know; what is the origin of the term west coast DI? Anyone know?
I am the origin of WC DI. After I won my first tournament when i traveled to WC Canada 3 years ago, I noticed a lot that they would DI either combos wrong or their survival DI was horrible lol. And then from that point on whenever I went to my first US tournament (Pound 3 and so on) everytime I saw a bad DI I made sure to scream WC DI so that everyone can hear it and I still do. lol.

West Coast combos like beasts
East coast is jealous and says WC has bad DI

THE TRUTH
You are wrong about the origin. =P

I wanna be the king of the ganons. like, the king of the king of evil. like the boss behind the boss--and you go, "oh snap" whenever that happens.
You'd have to go through me first. =)

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Ganon combos Ganon, it's not even funny lol. It's probably the only matchup that Ganon has the most ridiculous combos ever... it's so dumb haha.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Ganon dittos ****. Gotta love the unholy combo (dair to wf spike at ledge). I think renth or the cape invented it, but dorsey and I have been doing it for years, lol it's so demoralizing.

:phone:

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
i think WC DI was something different...unless i was just being trolled.

you see, whenever jiggs rests you, if you have good "survival" DI, but you're above like 10%, you're gonna fly back into the background with no chance at punishment. with west coast DI, you choose to die on the side, but then you can actually punish the jiggs.

needless to say, the DI to die on the side is far from survival DI. so when this same DI gets used against other moves and characters, it really is a horrible choice of DI.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
WC di is just bad di, so when you get rested above like 20% or so you wc di on purpose so you can return and punish.

kage: never heard of that, but I have attempted that before offstage lol

The dair to wf spike combo is actually a true combo at low% if they don't di the stomp.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Lol yeah I guess you could say that. I just meant bad as in, typically bad (opposite of survival di).

WC di is a lot better nowadays but its still funny lol

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Lol yeah I guess you could say that. I just meant bad as in, typically bad (opposite of survival di).

WC di is a lot better nowadays but its still funny lol

Nah most people suck at DIing still.. lol. WC DI will last forever.

Edit: I've heard before something like this: "I said WC DI" and then the other said "What? I did a good DI there!" And I'm like ">_>" lol.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Weed DI is the best.

At the last tourney i was blazed as hell, and me and my partner beat the team who won doubles because i lived to over 200% 5 times and another time to over 180%. My partner just whomped on the other guy while i was being "edge guarded"

Big *** tourney too, not a local, the yearly major MW regional.

PRIY GUD.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Weed DI is the best.

At the last tourney i was blazed as hell, and me and my partner beat the team who won doubles because i lived to over 200% 5 times and another time to over 180%. My partner just whomped on the other guy while i was being "edge guarded"

Big *** tourney too, not a local, the yearly major MW regional.

PRIY GUD.

You told Peef not to boast yesterday and yet here you are. Lol.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
indeed, he does.

linguini, you should get on aim some time. i'm about ready to advance my game, so theres some things i wanna talk to you about.

Walt

Smash Ace
When he's recovering and his location gives him a lot of options you can just kinda wildly throw out a reverse uair and hope he flies into it. you might be able to do dthrow usmash on pika too.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
my source on the sneak vids says he lost them...i hope he finds them...he also had the set i won vs him...drag.

i should still have my pools vids though, but i really wanted to see my matches vs sneak again...

Top Bottom