• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Walt

Smash Ace
a lot of the fight is neither player getting grabbed and trying to stay under each other. sheik sucks from above and stomp is too slow to not get worked by sheiks uair. as per usual with sheik, CC a lot, CC dtilt/DAft/jab/grab and CC mashing out down+b works sometimes.

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
Sheik is a fun match-up if there are no chain-grabbing involved.

Here are a few tips against Sheiks:

1: Bait her dash-attack while you are dash-dancing. Then when you see her dash-attack animation, short-hop and d-air. Combos will ensue after the d-air.

2: Getting grabs is fundamental in this match-up. Up-throw to up-air to either another up-air or f-air (depending on their DI; 20-45%) is a great way to both rack up damage and potentially knock Sheik off the stage. Down-throw to b-air is a BnB combo when the sheik is at 50-100%. I personally don't like chain-grabbing because it is boring.

3: When you are edge-guarding, make sure to grab the ledge and time your regular get-up (tap up with your control stick while hanging onto the ledge) so that your invincibility frames will protect you against Sheik's explosive up-b in any situations. If sheik lands on the stage with her up-b, then, depending on her percentage, you can do two things: (1) At 0-50%, d-air her, then perform whatever aerial you think will hit her. (2) At 50% and above, just run past her and b-air her off the stage, then grab the ledge again; rinse and repeat. If Sheik up-bs upwards in order to trick you, then just turn around and low-angle f-tilt!

4. Down-tilt is an amazing spacing tool. At a certain percentage, you can follow it up with an up-air or the first hit of the n-air. Angled-down f-tilt is also amazing. However, I was never a fan of angled-down f-tilt, but if ganon pros perpetuate it in this match-up, then it must also be a good spacing device.

5. Keep sheik above you on platforms or in the air. Seriously, what are they going to do?

6. **** since making Sheik players change their opinion on the match-up (that Ganon has the advantage in the match-up) is the most satisfying thing in the world.

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
same here except I played him like thirty matches!! i accidentally cg'd him with two grabs only, then he got super mad even after I apologized haha

but seriously, M2k should be an exception, he just knows how to exploit Ganon's weaknesses to the max.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
same here except I played him like thirty matches!! i accidentally cg'd him with two grabs only, then he got super mad even after I apologized haha

but seriously, M2k should be an exception, he just knows how to exploit Ganon's weaknesses to the max.
No he shouldn't.. I want to beat his *** so bad, you have no idea. To me there's no point in playing if you don't aim for 1st!

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
haha that's funny. I would agree to no cg v. him then do it at every opportunity lol

Agreeing to not cg in this MU is just kind of silly to me, I guess. Sheik has the advantage, and the fact that they both can cg each other just makes this advantage smaller...

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
well, i meant exception to the chain-grab method. i think utilizing chain grabs is the only way to beat him since he both knows how to counter ganon in almost every situation and executes them almost flawlessly because he is M2K. But with chain-grabs it is more of who gets the first grab, rather than exploiting the other char's weaknesses.

but yeah, go for #1 kage. i know you can do it one day.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
well, i meant exception to the chain-grab method. i think utilizing chain grabs is the only way to beat him since he both knows how to counter ganon in almost every situation and executes them almost flawlessly because he is M2K. But with chain-grabs it is more of who gets the first grab, rather than exploiting the other char's weaknesses.

but yeah, go for #1 kage. i know you can do it one day.
Got this! Even after 5 years almost now.. I can't give up!

Walt

Smash Ace
The best sheik I've beaten with Ganon was Zelgadis's. Right after beating his Fox with Ganon I was a huge **** and like "ooooooh what now ZEL GOD ESS". Then he went sheik and I 2 stocked him. It wasn't tournament it was just really funny.

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
i'm surprised that Zelgadis didn't change to his sheik when i played him in tournament in DGDTJ (Don't Go Down There Jeff/GSG2).

but still, good job beating his fox/sheik in friendlies.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I don't chaingrab, but then again most of the time I'm playing friendlies.

CG's or not, I still hate sheik with a passion.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I haven't played vs Sheik in a long time, I'm a little afraid I'm rusty at the matchup. I greatly improved my Falco/Fox matchup though.. mmm.. man I can't wait to use all these new skills at Zenith. =D For me, the more I practice, the more confidence I have against anyone pretty much.

Peef said it didn't make sense but I learned how to control the fury. It's basically my limit break which allows me to see everything lol. High level skills =P

At the tournament I just don't have to do stupid **** and not fail my technical at key points and I think I can keep the momentum on my side no matter what.

kingsnail

Smash Rookie
What direction should i di when shined, thrown, daired by falco?

And also, how should i di Marth's aerials?

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
What direction should i di when shined, thrown, daired by falco?

And also, how should i di Marth's aerials?
Shine- di behind falco and be ready to di the possible incoming bair and get back to the ground safely asap. Try to SDI.

Fthrow: di away

Bthrow: di away (sdi lasers if necessary)

Uthrow: di behind falco? I think di'ing in front gives falco a free dair that leads to easy techchases and gives falco the upper hand in positioning, or a ko if you're near the ledge. SDI lasers.

Dthrow: switch up your techs

Dair: in most cases, di away. Otherwise dair > dair is an easy ko for falco.

:phone:

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
Marth

f-air - DI away forever

n-air - DI away until 80%

up-air - DI away (i think. i don't get up-aired too much)

d-air - DI away if you get d-aired while you are on the ground (rare situation). If you are about to get d-air spiked while up-B recovering, SDI into the stage and tech.

b-air - DI away

yep, moral of the story: DI away for every one of Marth's aerials.

Linguini

Smash Master
Sheik is ridiculously easy to use in the ganon matchup and messing up once is almost always an automatic chainthrow--> simple *** edgeguard.

It's very doable but always an annoying ordeal. I've played fox vs a lot of sheiks lately and I destroy them easily.....le sigh(for kage)

In other news guys i've been working on my combo vid tonight and it's looking disgusting!

DippnDots

Feral Youth
hey guys, i was at a tourney today and some matches got recorded. Mostly of my ganon getting tool'd on but I managed to win one of the uploaded ones, i'll get links up for advice and comments when I see they're uploaded!

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I was also there!

But didn't enter. I did play same Ganon dittos and stuff with DippN and they were kind of amazing. I found out that Ganon is still my best character for now.

... And that my Roy is better than my Marth. WTF is up with that?

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I was also there!

But didn't enter. I did play same Ganon dittos and stuff with DippN and they were kind of amazing. I found out that Ganon is still my best character for now.

... And that my Roy is better than my Marth. WTF is up with that?

That might mean your fundamentals aren't strong enough. Or that your Roy understanding is better than your Marth understanding.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
That's probably it. Keeping optimal spacing with Marth is kinda hard for me. I sort of have his grab game down, but everything else is really shaky.

I do know what to do for the most part with Roy though. Marth kinda seems like he can do most of anything. His moveset in general is all pretty good, so I have to learn it better.

Compared to Roy's handful of go-to moves. His (Roy's) fall speed is a little more lenient to me too. I dont get to play Melee that often (though that will change now that I have the game) so I need to sharpen the basics. I found a good amount of players in Columbus so hopefully I can progress at a steady rate.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
i saw the results post for that last FL tourney and saw a fox by your name, linguini. i was confused, and then i sorta approved. that you can get second with a secondary is pretty good. and i'm looking forward to that combo vid man.

VGmasta

Smash Lord
Sheik is ridiculously easy to use in the ganon matchup and messing up once is almost always an automatic chainthrow--> simple *** edgeguard.

It's very doable but always an annoying ordeal. I've played fox vs a lot of sheiks lately and I destroy them easily.....le sigh(for kage)

In other news guys i've been working on my combo vid tonight and it's looking disgusting!
Look at Spaghetti Monster, thinkin' he's so good with Fox, lol. You can't even take care of me with that Fox yet. You better stick to Ganondorf, lol. :-P

i saw the results post for that last FL tourney and saw a fox by your name, linguini. i was confused, and then i sorta approved. that you can get second with a secondary is pretty good. and i'm looking forward to that combo vid man.
Yeah man, Linguini's Fox is actually good. And he's pretty good with Falcon and Sheik too, although I can beat them :lol:.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Crazily enough, my Fox is my second best character, although I can't play him very technically.

And after that would be my falcon. Looks like Linguini is trying to follow in my footsteps ;)

edit* @Guini- Can't wait for your combo vid dude. I'm really curious how Devour 2 will stack up. It's also in the works, but don't you dare let me beat you to the upload

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Maaan, nobody in my area plays anymore. Everyone is playing League of Legends nowadays. I might pull a Ryu and just start traveling around the nation just to play you guys. lol, Nah. But seriously, I might hit up NY in the July to see family. Any Ganon mains live near Bronx? I know Tipman and Raffa stay up somewhere in Manhattan; I'll have to get Tommy's number some kinda way.

Top Bottom