• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Daniel_the_Seraph

Smash Ace
So I have like no experience with the ICs matchup. I've heard it's hugely in Ganon's favor, but the other day I got 3 stocked by someone.

Any tips? I'm going to a tourney soon where I think I'll see a lot of ICs.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
So I have like no experience with the ICs matchup. I've heard it's hugely in Ganon's favor, but the other day I got 3 stocked by someone.

Any tips? I'm going to a tourney soon where I think I'll see a lot of ICs.
Space out fairs like a mofo and once they're desynched, then go absolutely ape-**** on Nana. Down angle tilt their ice cubes, you shouldn't really have much of a problem, just be careful never to get grabbed.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
It's actually a lot closer than most ppl make it out to be imo. Correct me if I'm wrong, but both guini and kage have went back and forth (relatively) with Chu over the years (but with the Ganons slightly ahead, iirc). Kage seems to wreck most ICs but it's not because Ganon is so much better imo. Kage is just really good (especially at spacing, which like Spider said above is very important vs ICs). Wobbles doesn't have the same Ganon exp that Chu does either... /rant

Ice blocks are pretty easy to fair/bair/downangled ftilt. Down angled ftilt is also a good follow up after they shield one of your aerials (especially when they wd in), but don't get too predictable with it. L-canceling is a MUST against ICs. Remember, you can hit R (or L) multiple times to cancel the lag. When I fair 2 shielding ICs I usually hit R twice since the timing isn't quite second nature for me yet. Just make sure you don't hit R any more once you actually get the cancel lol. Maximum length wavedashes and perfect wavelands can help you keep your space from the climbers (DON'T GET GRABBED), so it never hurts to practice some tech skill too. Basically play solid defense and take full advantage to separate the climbers/safely kill Nana.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
don't get hit by the blizzard either. That's a bad way to get grabbed.

to get out of the cg, sdi the dair away and buffer a roll. Technically the IC has frame advantage to grab you again, but this makes it a lot harder for them, especially if they don't see it coming.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
What a campy *** sheik lol. That fair was close. I'm pretty sure Amsah could have jumped or nair'd out just like you suggested. Guini wasn't even close to frame perfect on the jump or the fair and it connected like every time lol.. Pretty awesome matches though, I hadn't seen them yet.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
lol Yay, yeah man I saw and the vids are up.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=275540
Guini how do we beat Dale's sheik? Any ideas? lol
lol i can beat it him if i choose to and dont get retardedly high. dunno how you can haha, unless you get better at the matchup as a whole.
Ditto, I just get impatient and I don't know how to edge guard sheiks non to well, but haven't really seen you have much success.
I know the matchup pretty well, and from what ive seen you dont.:(

Dunno what your post was trying to say anyways, seeing as I haven't played seriously in 4 months.
lol How many sheiks do we even have in FL. One of them plays Brawl; I've beaten Dale before in sets just get impatient with how he doesn't approach. He's just been getting cocky with the overall matchup. Just wanna bring him down a peg or two, and I've been looking at vids of you playing him to see how I can handle certain situations, but when I see you lose it's like "****". lol So if you are sandbagging I'd say stop. :laugh: If you do I'll let smoke some fire **** I got coming my way. Free of charge.
I should come and show him the Sheik matchup! lol.
Lol he told me he'd actually MM you for any amount.
haha alright i'll beat him next time just for you jason. After I finish school next week I'm going to have a lot of time to get back into the game.

lol last time played seibrik was more than 2 years ago dorsey.
^^^ This is probably true haha

Jason, I gave you what you wanted yesterday lol
Hey jason i gave you what you wanted yesterday too and last saturday :laugh:
oh and sorry yea I think im a lil to cocky sometimes but its fun and your fault. I was always humble until you strated talkin **** to me remember. You now have created a monster :) Oh and kage we can fo sho should be fun.

Im good vs ganon :)
Edit guini you played seibrik at fiu beat him 2-1 on January 2010 just sayin

Linguini

Smash Master
Hey jason i gave you what you wanted yesterday too and last saturday :laugh:
oh and sorry yea I think im a lil to cocky sometimes but its fun and your fault. I was always humble until you strated talkin **** to me remember. You now have created a monster :) Oh and kage we can fo sho should be fun.

Im good vs ganon :)
Edit guini you played seibrik at fiu beat him 2-1 on January 2010 just sayin
yeah well frankenstein got merced in the end too.

Yeah i beat him 2-1 when i was just chilling not camping and ****.i hadn't been serious until my recent tourney since pound 4 lol.

now get out of my thread you sheik scum

nicaboy

Smash Champion
why dont you tell colbol and falmin roy how are they bad against ganon?

Lol anyway im sure guini knows im just messing with him. We (sfl in generaly) joke alot.

oh and sheik being good vs everyone is bs. Try playin fox and falco as sheik. Its a *****.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
yeah well frankenstein got merced in the end too.

Yeah i beat him 2-1 when i was just chilling not camping and ****.i hadn't been serious until my recent tourney since pound 4 lol.

now get out of my thread you sheik scum

ever want to post like linguini? well with three easy steps, you can!

step 1: say terrible joke

step 2: john

step 3: Insult!

It's just that easy! :)

Linguini

Smash Master
ever want to post like linguini? well with three easy steps, you can!

step 1: say terrible joke

step 2: john

step 3: Insult!

It's just that easy! :)
ever want to be like seibrik? well with 3 easy steps you can!

step 1: play the gayest character in the game(brawl/melee)

step 2: be extremely cheap IRL(door fee in nickels)

step 3: starve yourself until you resemble a holocaust survivor

It's just that easy :psycho:

AyatoK26

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kaminakid
Is u-smash a good option after a u-throw?

I was watching some vids of ganon and i haven't seen any u-throw--> u-smash followups

AyatoK26

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kaminakid
I refer to the u-throw-->u-smash with marth (or someone around his weight and fall speed) in mind cause of the matches I saw. Anyone one else it doesn't go so well with, I think.

D-throw--> u-smash requires wavedashing, Which I'm not so consistent with.

Pawls to the Wall

Smash Journeyman
I refer to the u-throw-->u-smash with marth (or someone around his weight and fall speed) in mind cause of the matches I saw. Anyone one else it doesn't go so well with, I think.

D-throw--> u-smash requires wavedashing, Which I'm not so consistent with.
You won't be able to get him during hitstun with a Usmash out of Uthrow. He should be able to jump out or do anything else.

D-throw Usmash does not require wavedashing. It is never guaranteed because of DI, which is when most Ganons would Bair instead.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Dthrow-> usmash works on a lot of characters. Marth comes to mind.
It's great for puff and peach as well (for a KO), but situational like kage mentioned. If you hold c-down as soon as you get the grab you'll buffer a dthrow, which is sometimes fast enough so that they don't have time to DI properly.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
yup. hi angled f-tilt works like a charm. or u could just read there jump and double jump uair.
You mean on peach?

That angled up ftilt is a very solid followup to dthrow on peach to low% (tipman made this strat popular iirc). Technically you have the frames to always get a uair on peach after a dthrow, even at 0%, and even if she DI's behind (near frame perfect pivot, jump, and uair), but the tilt is so easy and it's actually more damage. The good thing about the uair is that they'll usually be trying to nair out, so when you beat them, they won't be DI'ing and you can usually DJ and get another aerial (situational). If you're good enough to do both and switch it up, you'd have a much better chance of getting a follow up hit. Generally, I stick to the tilt at very low% and switch up with uairs once peach hits double digits (and of course bair once peach is above 35% or so, so she can't nair out/trade hits easily).

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
yeah...getting nair'd out of my uair was rather annoying yesterday when i played some wilmington ppl.

i'll start to tilt at low %. never really thought that had the range to get there, but thinking about it, it makes sense.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
Peach's nair reminds me of a revolver, cause she spins around in a circle like the (chamber?) and it comes out fast as lightning :O

Palpi

Smash Hero
If I do a decently spaced Fair on someone's shield, what is my best option after that? I am probably too far for a grab, too slow for a dash grab, and I am not sure what would best to do.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Well to me, you have to judge what's happening after you did the spaced Fair. There's a choice, you can jab for added pressure, most people don't see it coming since Jab is very fast. If he continues to shield after a fair, you can definitely dash grab, I think there's enough time to do that.. you can also Ftilt to keep the good spacing going on or downtilt even. If you think they are going to jump after a Fair, you can double jump Fair and get them! Sometimes, you may have to wait for the right timing though.. it really depends which character you go up against, you will need to be more specific. On spacies I think a SH upair is very good after a fair or just even if you are close to them to prevent them to downair.

n0ne

Smash Ace
Didnt read the peach part.. but yeah, uair. or quiqkly pivot then bair. if ure not fast enough for the bair the peach should usually stay in their shield after the nair.. u could just waveland to grab for lulz.

Bair is too good. People have to use it more. It beats, if not at least exchanges every other attack in the game. (to my knoledge, let me know if Im wrong)

@ Palpi After your fair u can ftilt or jab like Kage said, but after a while, people get used to Ganons playstyle and then they will just play the waiting game on u... as in....
everytime u are in the air trying to land an aerial they will just shield... but like... waaaay early... trying to shieldgrab u or punish... so this is where ull need to mixup.. for example Kage said jab after fair but people get used to that combo TOO and theyll lower sshield until AFTER the jab. Tomahawk WORKS BEAUTIFULLY in these cases as does retreating bair.

Top Bottom