• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Thanks Gard. Yesterday Jason, haha.

*tries to infract spider_sense for being too sexy with Ganon, realizes there is no appropriate punishment and decides to just love his Ganon instead*

JK :laugh:

spider_sense

Smash Champion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7-1IqOCBPs

finally, a recent vid. this is the current state of my ganon vs a marth taken late sunday night. kinda like a 0$ MM, this was a set, CP's and all.
Might have to cool it with all the wave lands and definitely minimize the number of wave dashes. Whenever you're trying to hit Marth, just aim for the tiara because as his shield drops, that's where he's the most vulnerable. Additionally, if you want to punish a misspaced f-smash; simply up-b outta shield. =) Great matches Chris, you're definitely coming along very nicely. It's like a mini version of my playstyle. lmao

Gardevior

Smash Lord
And, something I noticed, but is Chris shielding too much? It looked like he just spent waaaay too much time in his shield to me. I'm not particularly adept with Ganon, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
hmm yeah. i always want to wavedash oos and grab, cuz grabs always lead to stuff (usmash or bair). i think in these matches i ended up jabbing instead, and trying to grab after the jab. my opponent actually recommended the same thing though in one of our earlier matches that day, so i'll try to keep up b oos in mind.

i do need to keep the tiara in mind. a few days ago i came down with a dair on a full shielded marth but i spaced to the tiara. it felt so good, so i've gotta keep that kind of spacing in mind. thanks for the reminder.

i probably should try to slow down sometimes. its just so fun to do and practice that mobility. once i can actually use all of it to space just a little better, i'll be closer to where i wanna be. that whole night i was spacing on the ground like i was playing a spacie (at least when it comes to fsmash distance). i was getting tipped so much lol. just gotta keep getting better.

thanks for you advice. i'll keep looking to apply it.

edit:....ew...i was rolling in after fsmashes...wtf? sometimes that roll in jab worked...but i know it shouldn't. i think i was just messing up my wavedash oos, and tried to do it too early, leaving me buffering a roll instead...compared to rolling in, up B oos is definitely good advice lol.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Honestly Chris, I really liked how you've improved. Your marth game might need some work though. I'll probably post something tomorrow.

Do you have any other matches recorded?

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
well, that marth (M@ from greensboro, he'll be my training partner when we both get back to college) recorded the whole 3 hours or so. how much he'll put up though is up to him.

also, before going to ashleys me and spoon recorded a couple hours on friday. those were good matches of me vs fox, and i'm trying to get him to upload something, anything, but it feels like pulling teeth...

other people aren't nearly as interested in uploading and getting advice as i am, it seems...

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
yeah. When we had the staredown when I was in my shield, I didn't know how to act haha. I had also never dealt with falling uairs to utilts. They were so fast and effective. He also caught me with a ton of dash attacks all night. His marth is a little different, but the stuff he does is avoidable.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
yeah. When we had the staredown when I was in my shield, I didn't know how to act haha. I had also never dealt with falling uairs to utilts. They were so fast and effective. He also caught me with a ton of dash attacks all night. His marth is a little different, but the stuff he does is avoidable.
You can also up-b outta shield from the u-tilts, just gotta expect it. It's a very laggy move. =)

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
now that, i might use. i kept trying to wd oos all night after utilts, but it never worked. he usually used it with his back towards me though, so the latter frames would hit my shield. but when i tried to run up and grab, i'd get close enough so that the first frames of the utilt hit i think...i gotta see that hitbox.

Palpi

Smash Hero
Do you move far horizontally after UP-B on someone? I know with Captain Falcon you do. It is much safer if you can land from the Up-b on a platform. That seems like a great idea.

You probably need to time the up-b pretty well, and if you miss that is really devestating because you'll prolly get juggled or fsmashed. I don't have much marth exp as ganon...or as anyone, but I could see it being useful is specific situations.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
well, its probably best to use only as a punish to something like fsmash or utilt when applicable. probably random up B's to stuff approaches or something is very ill advised, for the reasons you suggested. after landing it, it pretty much gets ganon to a neutral position, certainly better than staying in shield. since its not really possible to follow up with anything, landng on a platform does seem good, but since the opponent can't come back or anything (as long as they have a decent amount of damage), against marth, its probably best to get back to the floor, just because they have a lot of control when you're above them.

Renth

Smash Hero
Honestly Chris, I really liked how you've improved. Your marth game might need some work though. I'll probably post something tomorrow.

Do you have any other matches recorded?
Ace is a moderator..

Ahhh..

I feel like i can get away with murder now

Palpi

Smash Hero
Do you know why you feel that way? Because Ace has no power over what you do in real life. You couldn't murder someone on smashboards though =]

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
lol puff should be one of ganon's most enjoyable, as in fun, match-up (except for h-box).

sheik... i can understand her being a ***** to fight, but not puff

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
i guess i'm more of the patient type of ganon then, especially against puffs

but i love it when puffs don't expect a quick wave-land to a b-air or u-air while they're floating/standing at a spot

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
That's a good thing bizz. You have to be patient against puff. Her aerial mobility allows for a lot of mindgames, and it's good to keep some distance and only commit when she makes a mistake, or if you feel like you can get a read. And you're right about that waveland to uair/bair too; usually the waveland will surprise her, and those are your 2 best aerials vs jiggs.

As far as the sheik/puff thing, I could be a little bit biased because I have a LOT of experience fighting sheik.

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
space b-airs and u-airs all day. switch it up a couple of times to short-hop reverse up-air to a double jump b-air. wave-lands on the platforms followed by these aerials are also pivotal, especially when peaches do not suspect this.

catch her off guards a couple of times by perfect wave-landing into a jab or grab and proceed to wreak her.

if you decide to approach her from directly above her... then d-air her, and make sure to do a really late d-air to shield. most peaches do not know that the bottom hit-box of the d-air registers first, making them tilt their shields up instead of down.

edge-guards should be simple against inexperienced peaches, but it gets trickier against pro peaches; they try to bait you by dropping their umbrellas at random moments. reverse u-air and b-air would be the safest moves to edge-guard with. d-air off the stage is kind of risky, but it should work if they don't expect it

if she is spamming turnips, then grab them and pressure her with them following with aerials. if she is throwing turnips towards you in order to edge-guard you, then don't sweat it... just u-air the turnip and up-b recover into it and DI towards the stage. only use this if you are at a medium/long distance from the stage though.

btw, does anyone have any tips of when to use ganon's up-b since i often hear peach mains complain about it so much?

n0ne

Smash Ace
Bizzarro what do u mean? are u talking bout recovering or while on-stage, fighting.

If its while recovering, then i think its safe to say while recovering against peach its like 90% better to reverse ub b to the ledge because u gain a little more spacing opposed to doing it normally. I feel this helps techs also. That, or u dont get hit at all. (sweetspotting of course). This i just said works for Falcon also.

And well , on stage.. ub b.... never.. haha well seriously.. Ive done it against spammy d-smash peaches.. if u can kind of predict it, u CAN do it.. but the truth is i think ganon really has better options against her. especially if ure back is facing her... practically she can do nothing to u if ure spacing bairs and reverse uairs and even dairs nicely. Just dodge or grab turnips.

Top Bottom