• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hub House III - San Francisco: 5/1/10

DunSkies

Smash Journeyman
frankly, if i have to limit it, i'd rather have new people show up than the usual suspects, so...

shroomed if you want julian to go, you can give him one of your san pablo spots. if your friends hate you for it, it's not my problem, but by virtue of being literally the last person to ask, i can't let him come over the other people

veral you and your friends can come

bizzarro, based on you not having a ride a week before the event (and since you live in the middle of nowhere, i also feel you might be unlikely to get one), i feel less bad telling you maybe next time

"zhu's friends": maybe if you didn't make it sound so mysterious (aka if it was ian or something), but frankly it's just much easier for me to turn away faceless and nameless players. sorry

if dunskies and co drops out (which is possible because of the strict start time :laugh: ), we'll revisit

honestly i have my doubts boback and some of the other confirmed will show up too, but unless they tell me they're not coming, i can't bump them

anyone who i had to turn away, you will be at the top of the list for the next one if there is another one, sorry

the reason we can't let everyone in is because for each person we go over "capacity", it reduces the amount of play/fun for not only yourself but for everyone who is already there

well be on time only cuz im not the driver this time=P100%

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
My friend and I are getting rides by Dunskies and co so no prob. Thanks PockyD

I'll team with you Maple, just like our friendlies back in so-cal =D

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
"zhu's friends": maybe if you didn't make it sound so mysterious (aka if it was ian or something), but frankly it's just much easier for me to turn away faceless and nameless players. sorry
rofl my bad. They don't have like an alias or w/e as far as I know. Their names are Joe and Boyang. I think the only tourny they've been to was the one Luis won like a month ago.

pockyD

Smash Legend
i wasn't really bashing you or anything; my point was that since i didn't know them and they hadn't expressed interest themselves, it would've been easier for me to say no

they can come though (i don't know if you read posts after that point)

pockyD

Smash Legend
oh if anybody has a game boy advance (or SP or whatever; not a DS though), can you bring it? i need to check something

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
ya bring pokemon on DS or magic cards too!

pockyD

Smash Legend
posted the rule set

read it carefully if you have any intention of complaining about them ever

It's fairly standard, except pokemon stadium is NOT A STARTER STAGE for singles. Deal with it.

Also, the stage set is slightly more liberal, but each player will get two stage bans during counterpicks.

pockyD

Smash Legend
Pokemon stadium isn't on random? (for singles)

This is new..
there is no "random" (it's stage striking)

and in continuing the effort to remove randomness from game 1, I removed the most random (typical) starter stage instead of adding what would become the 2nd most random starter stage (KJ64) (in terms of the randomness affecting gameplay)

L__

Smash Master
Well...

Zhu told me he wanted to team with Jeff, but I heard he wasn't coming

Dajuan asked Zhu

Zhu's waiting for Jeff

I'm still thinking if I actually want to team or not

MacD

Banned via Administration
noooooo!

Hey Hey, macdaddy. wana tie with % so we have to do Bowser dittos?
haha, that's probably my only chance of winning so sure :)

ps i think maple still needs a teamate but he won't get there till like right before teams start

fribjits

Smash Apprentice
I might be willing to team depending on how much money transportation sucks out of me =p

SuperRad

Smash Master
FULL RESULTS:

DOUBLES
1: We're Soooooo Chinese (Zhu+SS)
2: Super RainboyzZz (Alan + MacD)
3: PewFat (SFAT + PewPewU(
4: Richmond Sez YEEEEEEEE (Souroush + SHROOM)
5: **** to the Finish (Mikkuz + The___Cheese)
6: Kage + Linguini ($heen + Bizzarro_Flame)
7: Dancing Queen (LuninSpectra + VANS)
8: JOE L + CARLOS (joel + carlos)
9: Bloody Cactus (Needle-Happy Ninja + CrimsonShadow)

SINGLES
1: ABBA
2: Zhu
3: SilentSpectre
4: shroomed
5: PewPewU
5: macd
7: SFAT
7: Obey
9: Julian
9: maple
9: AlanSpectro
9: souroush
13: carlos
13: bizzarro flame
13: $heen
13: L
17: Eclipsing Binary
17: Hydro Kirby
17: super rad
17: fribjits
17: joel
17: ender
17: Mikkuz
17: CrimsonShadow
25: Joe
25: needlehappyninja
25: Bets
25: swordrain
25: QuietGhost

WassupJB

Smash Lord
thanks brian. cause if no one cleared that up, it would be a complete mind fu.ck to see abba beat zhu.

also, anyone record?

Top Bottom