• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hunter X Hunter Mafia | ~ Mafia Wins!! ~

No Lynch

Smash Journeyman
I really want to knock out 194, but it probably is best that we get rid of Joker sooner rather than later.

In minigame

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Well you guys need to hunt for scum first, cuz when you kill me, you're just going to be losing another townie, so no progress is going to be made. Try to get something useful out of the day.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I have no issue with being taken out before lylo, but taking me out immediately seems like a bad idea when you could be trying to find more productive targets.

No Lynch

Smash Journeyman
Had an idea just as I logged out. I thought about using the bomb as blackmail of sorts on Joker. I'd love to get rid of 194/Riddle sometime soon.

No Lynch

Smash Journeyman
My problem resides where I want to go, I don't trust Joker worth jack but he has an ability that can be deemed as useful. I don't want to end up in both situations however, if we set a bomb then that's the final decision I want made, if we don't then we do this normally as planned.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
And then there was 3 entrants in the Minigame.

NL what does your latest post mean? I don't understand what you are saying.

:phone:

No Lynch

Smash Journeyman
Normal plan: Lynch Joker and distribute the bomb back to Him
Alternative plan: Have Kary bomb a Scumread and then blackmail joker into doing what we want

No Lynch

Smash Journeyman
Lynch him if he doesn't agree to our demands, or doesn't comply with a majority decision. The only problem I have with that is the point Ryker made. I don't trust Joker enough to keep him alive, but if he's town then he is a boon towards and I'm not going to risk losing town with such an ability. We can use the alternative plan to scumhunt off of both the player that is bombed and how Joker reacts to it.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Plan killer incoming.

Last night, I got a notification. The notification said

If I can use my ability at least once, I get to use it twice and it only counts as once. Night kills are not allowed to be double-used.

So. A generic message. If it was the result of a card, Joker could have the same effect on himself. If it was the result of a night action, Joker could have the same effect on himself. If it's global and everyone has it, Joker has the same effect on himself.

No Lynch

Smash Journeyman
I thought about buying something like Theif to steal any card that Joker might have in possession to attest to BSL's claim.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I don't think we bomb a scumread- because even if Joker co-operates, if we're wrong, Joker's still alive tomorrow, waay too much risk IMO. Only reason we would bomb a scumread is if we had a guilty.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Don't give joker a bomb because them he could possibly give it away. I mentioned it because that means he could give two bombs away toNight.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
As I understand it, if I give Joker a bomb, he can't give it away until the next Buy Phase.

I'm probably only going to give Joker the bomb if we're definitely going to lynch him.

I need to think this through for a second.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Also just remembered that one card joker bid on and won yesterday. Removed restrictions.

Don't give the bomb to anyone but Joker, and we lynch him toDay.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
The bomb is a time bomb, as well. It can be set off early with the key word.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
what?

nothing about the bomb I received suggests that it will go off after a certain length of time, or that it detonates when someone says a word, rather than using the command.

pretty sure joker is arsonist or similar, going to give him the bomb and we'll lynch him.

any objections? anyone want to play devil's advocate and point out how he was townie?

/seriousquestion

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I thought joker said that. It also matches flavor. Must've confused the two, my bad.

No Lynch

Smash Journeyman
I can't believe I'm going to use this stupid mechanic to scumhunt.

Joker said:
On a side note, when I checked my book to see what that expensive *** card I just won in auction did, it had already been stolen from me.

Somebody out there has the ability to steal/destroy the cards in other people's books. Whether it's a power from their role, or a power they got from another card, I couldn't say.
What card is this (The Specific Name) and when/how did they steal it? Immediately?

Also also, the card's ability was that it could remove any restrictions from your role PM, so whoever ganked it from me may now have the ability to remove restrictions. Since the bomb was classified as a restriction, this person now has the ability to destroy the bomb as he sees fit, which means trying to telegraph distribution of the bomb is now impossible to do safely, considering the thief could potentially be (and very likely is) mafia.
So you distributed a bomb to Kary with this knowledge.

Release

10chars
What is the point of exploding BSP here considering the past things you said? You said the mafia could destroy the bomb possibly at any given point, so why were you worried if you said afterwards:

I had BSP as a scumread, simple as that. The fact that half the game had BSP on their lynch lists kind of gave me some confidence in that being a correct read. The fact that No Lynch gave him the bomb, knowing full well what it could do, gave me confidence that it was the right move. I took a risk, and it didn't pay off at all. That's all there is to it.
Why release it? Why? This contradicts the whole reason to why you released it in the first place.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Hi. Indeed it has.

Everything is null to me, as I'm considering this a RVS phase to precede the RVS phase. This additional gimmick mechanic of buying and using cards, the various cards themselves, and the minigames / currency should not have / hold any effect onto the game, and merely serve as a side addition, as a couple of you have said. It just wastes time knowing that there is no verification of anything. That said, I have spent quite some time away from this game and will be going off reads purely from this game, as I hardly recall playstyles / mannerisms playing with you people in the past, but I'm mostly taking everything here in this buy phase with a grain of salt until the actual game begins.
Ok we can start here where I had the biggest problem with the slot, to go over again why this is the worst post I've ever seen from a townie lets start at 1.

1. This first post is coming after a series of pretty large arguments between NL/Vinyl/BSP and yet he doesn't mention it at all.. the question remains if he was even reading the thread (this will come back later)

2. He dismisses that everything in this game thus far has been RVS or the prelude to RVS and after all those player interactions it's just another scum tell of not wanting to invest himself into a game when he can just coast and call it off.

Then don't just sit here whining about it until it gets resolved. There's plenty of other people in this game besides Ryker.
Hilariously ironic statement coming from someone that did pretty much the same thing.. easy to appear townie to Badwolf but doesn't want to post about anything that stronger players would be able to analyze.

>Confirms Tery has been reading the thread
>Confirms Tery deliberately choosing not to post
>Confirms Tery didn't roll town as he usually sticks it out as town even if he's getting **** (meta)
NL seemed pretty confident of this meta so I felt it was just a good reference point.

Prod dodge. If term flips scum, I'm going to get kev.

Vote: Tery
This was just one of the ridiculous plays that Vinyl started making towards my slot while I was pushing on Tery.. this ultimatum just shows to me that he somehow KNEW Tery's alignment and he wanted to be able to force a ML if/when the slot I was pushing died.

You srs?

If that's true and if term flips scum, will you vote Kevin with me?
More of the same.

Remember kev calling tery, which was inactive and is now 194, obv scum?

He was serious on his gut reaction without even going further at it. He may be possibly going for the townie points because he knows term is his scum partner. And if term flips scum, he's going down after then.
I had at this point explained why the slot was scummy so this post seems like desperation for Tery's slot if anything.

The ****, orbo? The **** was off other than his inactivity?
Same as here

OK, I get it, you guys are fast.

Vinyl's vote makes sense but it basically means that anyone replacing will be in this situation of having to react fast. A very bad starting point for me, heh. There was no need to rush a vote and put any player replacing Tery in this position, as you could have pressured after he(I) joined the game (as other players are doing) and then decide to vote. I find this suspicious. Also, I love Curly too <3

And no @Rake, I won't claim... yet. There's still a bit of time.
This post to me is just odd.. he had nothing else to comment on so close to being lynched? He just kind of talked about the pace of the game and then disappeared.

I'm a couple of pages close to finish it.

NL looks very Pro-Town: attacking early, putting pressure, and all that jazz. It's just Day 1, however, and that doesn't say much. If he keeps that attitude during next day, he'll be town to me. BSP... I'm not sure. He started with a surprisingly calm reaction but slowly got jumpier and jumpier. He didn't seem to be taking the Buy Phase seriously, which is typical newb behavior.

However...

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=14853074&postcount=129

This post is SMART! It generates an accute attack over Tery and it's a very observative post. This alone saves BSP a good chunk.

It's obvious that at least one of these guys is town. And, given the post I linked, I dare to say that Tery and BSP are not both buddies either: If that was the case, BPS wouldn't have derailed the pressure towards his scum buddy. NL playstyle has been more consistant, so I have him higher in my scale. Will keep studying BSP.

PS: OK, this guy is weird. Breaking my bets on you right after I show how can you do interesting stuff? Pah-Lease.
This post I had a lot of issues with, one he seems to focus on one or two players that have been talked a lot about. It saves him having to form opinions in the game on less traveled territory and also sticks with agreed upon reads: NL Town, BSP Ambiguous. The Tery section also seems really tacked on, I hate when players say they aren't of the same alignment but don't clarify on exactly why they came to that conclusion.. was it the BSP quote? Was it Tery's play? What about Vinyl whom you mentioned earlier?

Ryker
Ryker hasn't done or said a whole lot, but I guess neither have I. What I've seen looks townie to me. His posts feel like he's looking for scum.
Null/Town

No Lynch
At first I was suspicious as hell of this slot. Soup seemed to be tunneling BSP for no reason, and it smelled fishy to me. Once that was over, the things they did started making more sense. I think he was just jumpstarting the game, and has since been reading players and hunting scum in a way that makes me like seeing them post.
Town

frozenflame
Not really sure what to think here. It feels like he's skating by. I don't see much activity from him in general. He's not asking questions, he's not putting pressure on anyone. He's just telling other people that their reasoning is weak. I don't like this. Convince me you are town, sir.
Null/scum

Vinyl
I know I'm not alone here. Vinyl is impossible to read :urg: I'm inclined to call his actions town, because I don't think he'd be sticking his neck out so much if he was scum. That's my best guess.
Null/Town

BSL
I like seeing BSL post. When I see him post, I see a townie. He's asking questions that make sense to me.
Town

Too soon to tell. Replacing into a terrible slot that is terribly inactive does not provide a good read.
Hell if I know

Orboknown
Orbo's general inactivity isn't that unusual. When he posts, he gets in there and posts quite a bit, so I'm inclined to blame it on him being busy/unable to post the rest of the time. What I do see when he posts is stuff that I generally like. He's looking for the bad guys, it feels like.
Town lean

Kary
Kary usually asks questions that I like a lot. I'm not seeing as much of it, but I think he's just busy? I dunno. What I do see seems like what I expect from him. I've only played one game with Kary where he ICed (IC Kary is pretty different from regular Kary) but I caught a glimpse of regular Kary when I read D1 of Newbie 19, where Kary was a regular player, and a townie. So far, this game's play looks like that game.
Town

Badwolf
BW is just a terrible town player. I explained this in my last post. I think if he was scum, he'd be making an effort to mislynch townies. Not sit back with his thumb up his butt being an *** to everyone. I don't think he likes being a townie. Not a super reliable read, but I'm gonna stick with it for now as I don't think he'd be a good play for today, even if it did turn out he was scum.
Town lean

Riddle
I want to call him a townie, I really do. I think he probably is a townie. His line of questioning and reasoning always feels... off? Like, he's trying to find scum, but he's looking at stuff I wouldn't look at. Maybe that's a good thing, though. I'd rather keep him around as a townie than call him scum for weak *** reasoning, like "icky feelings", and lose him.
Null/Town

BSP
I honestly think BSP and I think a lot alike. His early interaction with No Lynch felt like the way I'd probably react to that kind of meaningless pressure. Maybe it's because we have about the same amount of mafia experience. I don't wanna trick myself into confirming him as town, but I'm not seeing scum from him either. What I'd like to see is him acting outside of being pushed. That would give me a much better read.
Town lean

KevinM
This man wants to lynch scum sooooo bad. At least that's what he'd like us to believe. I, myself, am inclined to believe it. I don't know how he usually plays, but I feel like a scum player would not be making this much effort to seize control of the town. I didn't really like his reasoning for the Tery wagon though. Like, at all. I'd feel more comfortable if I knew where his head was at.
Town lean

Anomadaris_Rake
Rake is town guys. srsly. srsly guys. Town. I had an inkling that Hando was town, but once Rake stepped in it kinda became clear.
Town

Wish I had some stronger scumreads. Until I put this down in writing, I honestly had no idea ff was my strongest scumread X_x

In the interest of getting something out of him

Vote: Frozenflame
Disliked this whole reads list and felt it needed to be addressed as well... it's so safe and then he calls FF out on being super inactive when we had multiple other players in the same situation. Also the closest thing he was willing to push on when we had a number of viable wagons was FF on a null/scum? Eww

Orbo, for the last time, as vanilla townie, I'm asking you and many to see what happens if 194 flips scum or not.

And then lynch Kevin and see him flip:

Obvious scum.
The big slip and also more or less the same ultimatum style play.

This could be one of the funniest slips I have ever seen. Also, it could be an elaborate setup to take attention out of BSP as you were trying to do before... a very risky one however. So, that possibility is really unlikely.

Given this, and my previous statement about you (about your vote over Tery inmediatly after his replacement) I guess I can get a bit more of info from you if I Vote: Vinyl.

A question for you Vinyl: Why so protective over BSP?
Meh to this whole post. Jumps on the new doomed slot which is easy and also relevant is the fact that 194 hasn't posted in a while.. yet here he comes with a lynch now available that wont be on him he can jump right on it and pressure this whole BSP issue that has already been discussed ad infinitum earlier in the game.

Also the "Slip to take attention off of BSP" line just seems like really odd logic to have.

So there

I'm not just doing it off of two posts.

Vinyl's weird play combined with how 194 treated D1 after Tery replaced out plus Tery's scummy posts and then replace out with No Lynch's observation of Tery meta is the reason 194 is the play if we're not just going to lynch Joker.

Which I still think is in our best interest.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Still fine with either route btw if we want to just give it to Joker and lynch him I'm cool with that too.

@Ryker: It's fine if you want to be stubborn but please PLEASE work with me and NL in this minigame

Also let's try and finish this game quickly and not have the Day end before it this time.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
skimmed through. didn't expect a dayphase to end in three days time, but oh well.
more thorough reread after class ends.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Still fine with either route btw if we want to just give it to Joker and lynch him I'm cool with that too.

@Ryker: It's fine if you want to be stubborn but please PLEASE work with me and NL in this minigame

Also let's try and finish this game quickly and not have the Day end before it this time.
I will throw this minigame if my problems are alleviated and I will be in it as an alternative if they are not. It's easy to throw in Blackjack, you just go bust.

I saw you have a long post. Reading that before I start asking you things.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Okay, going to post on what's relevant in this one. If I cut it out, I don't have anything worth saying about it.

Ok we can start here where I had the biggest problem with the slot, to go over again why this is the worst post I've ever seen from a townie lets start at 1.

1. This first post is coming after a series of pretty large arguments between NL/Vinyl/BSP and yet he doesn't mention it at all.. the question remains if he was even reading the thread (this will come back later)

2. He dismisses that everything in this game thus far has been RVS or the prelude to RVS and after all those player interactions it's just another scum tell of not wanting to invest himself into a game when he can just coast and call it off.
This is fine, absolutely fine. I agree, I've agreed before, and this was the reason I liked you so much.

NL seemed pretty confident of this meta so I felt it was just a good reference point.
This is weak sauce. Regardless of your alignment, this is just you padding your case.

This was just one of the ridiculous plays that Vinyl started making towards my slot while I was pushing on Tery.. this ultimatum just shows to me that he somehow KNEW Tery's alignment and he wanted to be able to force a ML if/when the slot I was pushing died.
More of the same.
I'm coming back to this.

This post I had a lot of issues with, one he seems to focus on one or two players that have been talked a lot about. It saves him having to form opinions in the game on less traveled territory and also sticks with agreed upon reads: NL Town, BSP Ambiguous. The Tery section also seems really tacked on, I hate when players say they aren't of the same alignment but don't clarify on exactly why they came to that conclusion.. was it the BSP quote? Was it Tery's play? What about Vinyl whom you mentioned earlier?
Disliked this whole reads list and felt it needed to be addressed as well... it's so safe and then he calls FF out on being super inactive when we had multiple other players in the same situation. Also the closest thing he was willing to push on when we had a number of viable wagons was FF on a null/scum? Eww
This is also fair and valid analysis of extremely safe play.

So there

I'm not just doing it off of two posts.

Vinyl's weird play combined with how 194 treated D1 after Tery replaced out plus Tery's scummy posts and then replace out with No Lynch's observation of Tery meta is the reason 194 is the play if we're not just going to lynch Joker.

Which I still think is in our best interest.
Okay, cool. I agree. I don't like 194. 194 dies. There really is no reason to keep 194 around. Let's lynch 194 toMorrow if not sooner. Cool.

Now, onto the more important topic that is KevinM.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Please don't tell me KeviM is scum. I won't know what to do with myself.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Okay, you were on Tery since his couple posts, and boy were they grimy. I had absolutely no problem whatsoever with you until you went for Badwolf for NO REASON. Yes, he was a bad slot, yes he was being ******** (I've logged in as a guest and read what he was saying), but why did you want him over Tery/194 that you had claimed was scummy and have just recently restated that you hated since before the start of the first Day Phase?

I don't like it. At that point in the game, Tery's slot was beginning to generate enough hate that it could get lynched, but there were still other slots that could go before it, so did you try and salvage it? I think theoretical KevinscuM with theoretical TeryScum has been looking for a bus since he got his role PM and that first grimy post gave you the license to claim credit for being right about Tery since the start of the game, but that you backed out of it when you got a chance to take freebies elsewhere (as is evident in your willingness to switch to ****ING BADWOLF, BSP, and even Vinyl the traitor KevinscuM thinks is town) despite the fact that you never really sold me on any of them except Vinyl as legitimately being scummier from your PoV. So, I want you to talk to me about what flipped your switches on the rest of your scumreads, not just Tery, and what offense had the necessary severity to put them up to a point where you would be willing to lynch them over your number one scum pick.

The only problem I have is with Vinyl's play where he wanted to gun for you so very hard on a Tery scumflip that I figure he was going to get. I don't know if he has the balls to make that play or if he can come to terms with the fact that, no matter how hard he pushes, he wasn't going to get anywhere with Kevin when he was planning that move.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
NL, you, and I have been the consensus town reads throughout this game, and yet all three of us are still standing, despite a jailer flip last night. Why is that? I have more to elaborate on this subject, but I want to here your take first.

Top Bottom