• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hunter X Hunter Mafia | ~ Mafia Wins!! ~

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Please don't tell me KeviM is scum. I won't know what to do with myself.

:phone:
My issue is not that KevinM is definite, for sure, 100% surefire scum. My issue is that we have Joker needing to die now and then we NEED to lynch 194. The issue arises after that point when both NL and myself are dead, or at least myself at this point and KevinM is cleared based on a 194 scumflip when he has no right to be.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Was in class.

I wouldn't clear him on just that, so don't worry.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
@Ryker; if you want to chat, tell me this;

If Joker wasn't a liability, if there was a way of neutering his slot entirely, would we still be lynching him, based on his play and claim?

I'm also interested in talking about Vinyl's WIFOM and his role, but one thing at a time.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Not trying to imply anything, bro. Just asking what you saw in terms of scum94. As I recall, I thought Vinyl's push to lynch 194 showed more desperation on Vinyl.'s part than his vote on you; felt like 194 was likely town from that. Gonna read now or sleep.
why was vinyl's push desperation, and not him pushing someone he know to be scum for town points?
You guys are dumb as ****. Do you read my posts? I already explained everything about my power.

I HAVE to distribute a bomb every night. If I don't pick somebody, the mod picks somebody for me. But now, because Kary is dumb as **** and is talking about the bomb again, the scum team now knows where it is. Good job ******.
this reminded me. why are you so sure scum hijacked your card?
And if you guys have doubts about my alignment, All I can really say is this.

Assume I'm Indy: In order for me to blow people up, I HAVE to give the bomb to other people first, and then THEY choose who gets it next. This means I have to let members of other factions control my target. This implies cooperation. Indies aren't designed to cooperate with other factions, they fly solo. That's why they're Indy.

Assume I'm [color"red"]Mafia:[/color] I have a power that kills during the day. GG there's no way scum has that power.
how do you know indy's get purple text in their role pm? red and green are pretty universal, but why purple?
JOKER

final warning

calm down or I will straight up lynch you regardless of alignment
why so angsty?

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I can't believe I'm going to use this stupid mechanic to scumhunt.

What card is this (The Specific Name) and when/how did they steal it? Immediately?

So you distributed a bomb to Kary with this knowledge.

What is the point of exploding BSP here considering the past things you said? You said the mafia could destroy the bomb possibly at any given point, so why were you worried if you said afterwards:

Why release it? Why? This contradicts the whole reason to why you released it in the first place.
Not understanding a thing you're saying here.

The card they stole was the Flowing Vase of Water card I won in auction. I was notified of it's removal from my book about 20 minutes after the buy phase had ended and day had begun. I would've tried to check things sooner but my internet was being ghey as **** and I didn't have a stable connection until about exactly that time.

I distributed a bomb to Kary with this knowledge, yes. I have to distribute bombs. I distributed it to Kary because I wanted to give it to somebody who wouldn't be stupid with it, and giving it to you again would've been obvious. I didn't want the scum to know who had the bomb, or what they were doing with it, but you guys keep telegraphing everything you do with it.

I released the bomb because if scum had the ability to destroy the bomb, surely they'd use it to save their scummate. You told the entire game you had given the bomb to BSP, and I thought BSP was scum. So I detonated it before they could save him. Simple as that. I don't see a contradiction here.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
@Ryker; if you want to chat, tell me this;

If Joker wasn't a liability, if there was a way of neutering his slot entirely, would we still be lynching him, based on his play and claim?

I'm also interested in talking about Vinyl's WIFOM and his role, but one thing at a time.
Then 194 would die instantly. As it stands, we have one bomb in play with the potential to drop more. The Arsonist makes absolutely NO sense as an adaption to a town role, so I'm sitting confidenty on Joker as Indy. However, hitting Indy does us no good outside of netting the indy. I THINK there should only be two mafia left because this is a 14 man game, but I thought there would be a 3 man mafia before I saw a traitor flip. As it stands, we know they have a bus driving traitor (dead) and NL says there's a roleblocker.

So let me math this out.

Nine players alive on Day 3. Assuming two mafia, one Indy, and six town.

I'm going to come back to this in my next post and end this one with the note that Joker's claim that day continues if he hits scum doesn't make sense along with his claim that he can hit multiple targets. Nor does it seem particularly fair in this setup to let the day continue after hitting mafia if his role were town.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Plan killer incoming.

Last night, I got a notification. The notification said

If I can use my ability at least once, I get to use it twice and it only counts as once. Night kills are not allowed to be double-used.

So. A generic message. If it was the result of a card, Joker could have the same effect on himself. If it was the result of a night action, Joker could have the same effect on himself. If it's global and everyone has it, Joker has the same effect on himself.

why wouldn't this just be a night action, maybe used on someones townread?

The bomb is a time bomb, as well. It can be set off early with the key word.

how do you know this?
. As it stands, we know they have a bus driving traitor (dead) and NL says there's a roleblocker.
couldn't the RB be BSP jailing him?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
First math for 2v1v6

Lynch scum, lose town to NKill.

1v1v5

Mislynch, NKilled town.

1v1v3

Joker hits the trigger and we lose a townie and he gets no second bomb because he was blocked or we give it to him or something along those lines.

NKill town.

1v1v1

Town loses regardless.

OR

1v2 because mafia thinks it can get the final mislynch.

Now, for worst case 3v1v5

Lynch scum. Town NKilled.

2v1v4

Mislynch, town NKill or Joker kills town and town NKill.

2v1v2

Town must depend on being right and trusting the Indy, and the Indy must not be able to act.

Joker is dangerous. We're working against a roleblocker who, theoretically stops your attempt to neuter Joker. Joker remains an unpredictable factor that stands to **** us over because he is known and his only shot is either in Kingmaker with mafia or joint if he can.

As it stands, we are either in A strange LyLo variant right now involving an arsonist variant, or we have a single mislynch before we get there.

If your plan can lock him out, then by all means, aim for mafia in an attempt to cripple the more dangerous opponent, but if your plan relies on a night action that can be roleblocked, then kill Joker before he has a chance to get the bomb out of his hands.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
why wouldn't this just be a night action, maybe used on someones townread?
It could. I specifically said it could be a night action. If it was used on me, it could've possibly been used on joker.

how do you know this?
Mistake here. Already covered. Mixed up flavor with what joker said.

couldn't the RB be BSP jailing him?
There's gotta be another. NL couldn't shoot last night and BSP was already dead.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Oh hey Ryker ninja.

I can't do set up math. Too theoretical and I don't play this game.

Also I'm in a regular math class. Can't cross those streams in my head.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Oh hey orbo ninja. Geez, wait for me to post before you say stuff. Makes me look dumb.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
how do you know indy's get purple text in their role pm? red and green are pretty universal, but why purple?
Because I'm currently in another game with a closed setup, and his OP used color coding when listing the rules
I confirm there is a Town faction [called Town] in this game and there is at least one Mafia faction; although I do not confirm the number of Mafia factions.
I neither confirm nor deny the presence of any Independent role(s).
I just assumed this was a uniform thing. It's kind of silly that you think this is telling, and I find it extremely amusing that nobody has presented anything stronger than that as evidence against me as town.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Usually Indy is light blue? Idk. Doesn't matter, really.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I also like how people are still basically ignoring me. Have you guys even considered the facts that

1. I have to cooperate with you guys to use my power. Not very Indy

2. everybody was reading me as town before I killed BSP, there was no attention on me whatsoever. If I was Indy, why wouldn't I have just waited for a moment where I could surprise you all and end the game? Aren't Indy win conditions usually to just survive until the end?

Nobody has addressed these points. I'm just curious.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
It's pretty close to uniform.

Joker, you're high if you think that your claim and your claim and premature ending yesterDay aren't compelling.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
It's pretty close to uniform.

Joker, you're high if you think that your claim and your claim and premature ending yesterDay aren't compelling.

I'm REALLY curious about this thought process though. Explain why me ending the day yesterday is at all helpful towards an Indy win condition?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
So, I put Joker on ignore because it is literally not worth my time to read his posts anymore. Everything I see just winds me the **** up and adds NOTHING

so anyways, just letting you know in case that comes up at any point.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Except what's really doing my head in is why his kill ends the Day?
DayVig safeclaim? More worried about Arsonist bodying mafia than town? A three man mafia could theoretically lose before N2 if it didn't. In any case, beyond just his claim, the use of his ability looks really, REALLY forced.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
You guys keeping making it seem like if I was Indy, then my goal is just to **** with you and kill townies. No, that's bull****. If I was Indy, then I would have a win condition of my own, one that would probably involve me living until the end of the game. Explain how what I did could possibly have been working towards that.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
You obviously didn't expect this sort of backlash regardless. Hell, you probably DID think BSP was scum and were going to try and ride that.

Kary, if the point of your question was whether or not I would lynch Joker if he wasn't a liability, then yes, I'd still lynch him. It's just a matter of when I would lynch him.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
You don't actually have to cooperate with us. You just keep passing bombs around until everyone has one, then boom. You have less control over who holds one, but that doesn't make you town.

"No one's win condition is uniform" we don't know your win con.

You were playing towny at first, and so we had a townish read. Indy's are strong because they can help eliminate mafia legitimately. You just made a huge mistake and now we know you're Indy.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
why was vinyl's push desperation, and not him pushing someone he know to be scum for town points?
I can't say that Vinyl thought he was townie enough to bus his partner and get away with it, and keep a straight face.

It's possible, but given like a Vinyl/Tery/BSP/Kary lynchpool, does Vinyl really choose to bus Tery and whiteknight BSP?

I felt it was more likely he wanted to shove a Tery mislynch before his own inevitable lynch. Then again, I am trying to apply reasoning to Vinyl.

why so angsty?
do you mean angry? This doesn't look relevant

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
lol, ok **** this game then. I have a town role with an indy power. I played fine and then when I tried to use my power, it damned me forever. GG guys. Hope you catch the mafia, but I'm ****ing done with this.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
I can't say that Vinyl thought he was townie enough to bus his partner and get away with it, and keep a straight face.

It's possible, but given like a Vinyl/Tery/BSP/Kary lynchpool, does Vinyl really choose to bus Tery and whiteknight BSP?

I felt it was more likely he wanted to shove a Tery mislynch before his own inevitable lynch. Then again, I am trying to apply reasoning to Vinyl.
vinyl was playing super confident in those reads though, which is something I've only seen him do when he is sure that person is scum. with it too early for the read to have developed to that degree, it would point to modconfirmed info about said person.
do you mean angry? This doesn't look relevant
you were flipping over him "not being calm", when he seemed really level headed to me.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
ryker the math looks right, but why would joker pull the trigger with only one bomb out when he only has two detonators?

Orboknown

Smash Hero
at some point in the next couple day phases, should we massclaim what cards do(at least the common ones that are in the shop daily?)

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I can do that toDay, if you guys want. Straight ballin', yo.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I don't know that he is limited to two or if he can lift that limitation. But the idea is that he would pull the trigger before we could lynch him to force us to leave him alive. I assumed we would be lynching him because him ignited multiple bombs would be disastorous.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
I can do that toDay, if you guys want. Straight ballin', yo.

...you know what the cards do, or have just bought a ton? don't answer this if you don't need to.
I don't know that he is limited to two or if he can lift that limitation. But the idea is that he would pull the trigger before we could lynch him to force us to leave him alive. I assumed we would be lynching him because him ignited multiple bombs would be disastorous.

seems kinda OP to have infinite bombs and be able to det them almost daily.

Top Bottom