• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I miss Melee...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jun.

Smash Lord
what if.... just what if

melee stayed alive...

In all seriousness, what if there was a brawl tourney with a melee side tourney attached to it and the melee one turned out to be more popular. It does seem kinda unlikely but even after getting brawl me and my friends play melee almost everyday. One could relate the situation to the 64 to melee transition but i'm pretty sure 64 didn't have as big of a scene as melee either. If enough people want it to happen, I seriously think melee could stay.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
i agree. i'm down to do anything to make it happen as long as there's a central core community that supports it =/

Raging_Missiles

Smash Journeyman
Wow! I wish I had 3S, CVS2, and Alpha3 for the Dreamcast. Heck, even MVC2! (They still have to have Marvel tournaments on DC's, since it's the only arcade-perfect port of the game!)
I have Alpha 3 for the Dreamcast too! I don't have MvC2, but I can get it off my cousin no problem . . . if he still has it which I'm sure!

Edit: This is Atlus! Somehow on Rage's account and on Pat's comp.:confused:

3Years

Smash Lord
i havent played melee since brawl's eve and i wanna play with some1 but my whole crew is like no screw melee its all about brawl so yeah i havent been able 2 play with some1 yet =[ some1 help me

ill bring a whole setup for melee and melee only 2 the next tourney if some1 else plays it w/ me....P i want a rematch your sheik XD

kouryuuXfighter

Smash Ace
Brawl = 3rd Strike...Learn to Parry Powershield...Learn it, love it...
LOL Don't insult 3rd Strike!
Power Shielding in Brawl is way easier than Parrying.

Not to mention, can you follow up with combos like this after Powershielding?!?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7cW2nMf1gk
didn't think so.

P.S. For anyone who has not seen the above video... You've been living under a ****ing rock... lol

Edit: We need more Melee!!!

Jem.

Smash Master
Shoulda figured that before even clicking the link it'd be Daigo's comeback. My friend plays with Daigo a lot online and goes even with him and gives him tips, big deal.

Coolest part is the crowd cheering imo.

kouryuuXfighter

Smash Ace
Shoulda figured that before even clicking the link it'd be Daigo's comeback. My friend plays with Daigo a lot online and goes even with him and gives him tips, big deal.

Coolest part is the crowd cheering imo.
What do you mean by "big deal?" If your referring to the amazing comeback Daigo made with a crazy finish toppled with the pressure of being a single hit away from losing (don't forget gaurd damage) then... lol no comment.

But out of curiousity, what's ur friends gamertag?

And yes, the crowd cheering is my fav part too lol.

Jem.

Smash Master
I meant big deal cause Daigo plays with just anyone.. It was a good comeback, for sure, but.. I dunno its no big deal to me cause ive already seen the video and my friend plays him a lot.

Umm I'm not sure what my friends live gamertag is.. ii 13andit ii possibly.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Melee is ****ing amazing.

Gimpy and Keith were over here, so we decided to play Brawl. We played for like a half hour, then put in Melee.

We played for like 5 hours straight without a care in the world. I don't think I've ever had so much fun playing as a Space Animal or Falcon, even though I suck with them. Just being able to combo, kill at low percents, etc...its amazing.

I love Melee.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
what if.... just what if

melee stayed alive...

In all seriousness, what if there was a brawl tourney with a melee side tourney attached to it and the melee one turned out to be more popular. It does seem kinda unlikely but even after getting brawl me and my friends play melee almost everyday. One could relate the situation to the 64 to melee transition but i'm pretty sure 64 didn't have as big of a scene as melee either. If enough people want it to happen, I seriously think melee could stay.
Because it's ******** for a game like melee which is BETTER than brawl to be a side event, if anything brawl should be our side event.

LuCKy

Smash Master

ROFL

Smash Journeyman
brawl is getting really fun for me.

but then again i dont play with campers really.

so i imagine i still wouldnt enjoy a brawl tournament. however i do LOVE doubles still.

Jun.

Smash Lord
Because it's ******** for a game like melee which is BETTER than brawl to be a side event, if anything brawl should be our side event.
lol

"i'm here to sign up for the brawl tourney"

"what? this is a melee tourney"

"oh...(mentally packs pit away)."

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
hey everyone in SoCal maybe we should try out heavy gravity mode?

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=158712

Everyone should mess around with this for a while see how it plays and they like it, it sounds loads better than regular brawl (lower percent kills, combos, not as floaty, more punishment for camping, etc etc)

Maybe itll make brawl more competive :)

RDK

Smash Hero
I'm an East Coast Smasher, so I won't pretend to understand the kind of tight-knit communities you guys have, but I definetely know what you're talking about when you say Brawl won't be the same.

A lot of the friends I smashed with, a lot of the parties and tournies I've been to, and a lot of the memories I've made will never be recreated again thanks to the stark contrast between Melee and Brawl.

Don't know where I'm going with this, but beautiful first post, Mike. Brings a tear to my eye.

EzynJAY

Smash Lord
lmao i was watching a good brawl video...then i went and watched pc vs m2k...and wow LOL...there will nnever be another game like melee =(

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
A tribute... "I Miss You"

(to brawl)
Hello there
The stink-hole from my nightmare
Your gameplay and your camping make me mourn
The unsophisticated Pikmin
In Shadow Moses Island
You can play as Snake and camp me
If you want
And you will alway spam me
We'll have free for alls with items
And when we're bored we'll wish we'd played Melee
We'll wish we'd play Melee

I miss you, I miss you...

(to Melee)
Where are you?!
And I'm so sorry!
I cannot sleep, I cannot dream tonight!
I need some battle and always
This sick, strange, madness
Brawl noobs on smashboards, they're haunting every thread!
And as I post they flame me
As if they know what smash is
Yelling things, like "give it some more time"
And indecision to play you
And feel your speed and breathe it
Won't you come back and stop this pain tonight?!
STOP this pain tonight!

Don't waste your time on me
You're already a smasher's greatest dream...

I miss you, I miss you

Don't waste your time on me
You're already a smasher's greatest dream...

I miss you, I miss you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom