• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I will translate your message to Japanese and send it POST HERE

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Name: D3stiny_Sm4sher

Mr. Sakurai,

I've been a huge fan of the 1st two SSB games--I'm a gamer, and the SSB series is my most favorite, so hearing about your decisions to take OUT characters and make the battle system SIMPLER (when it's already rather simple in Melee) have me concerned. I still play Melee regularly even though it's been out for a few years, and I really hope that SSBB gives me subtle details and a rich system that will give me reason to play it instead of Melee. I know you're hard at work, but I hope you don't simplify everything too much--Melee was a good sequel because it made everything richer, more detailed, and more rewarding in every way.

As for characters I'd like to see, I think Sonic and Megaman would be good 3rd party characters, but as for Nintendo characters, I would love to see Lyndis or Hector from Fire Emblem 7, and I really like Isaac and Jenna from the Golden Sun games (a lesser-known Nintendo series).

Thanks for all the work you're putting into the project--I'm looking forward to how trhe next year shapes the game and hope it will take Melee's spot as my most favorite video game.

(Sorry if that's too much--if it is, just put the character suggestion thing. Thanks a lot.)

valoem

Smash Journeyman
hey thanks wes i was hoping you could translate this:

Sakurai san,

Many people play just super smash brother 64 and not melee. I am one of these people. Like many ssb64 players I was hoping that one day I could play this game competitively.

Due to both the simplicity appeal and addictive nature of this game it would be financial beneficially for Nintendo to integrate Super Smash Brothers 64 into Super Smash Brothers Revolutions as a side game with additional features and retexture it (call it Super Smash Brothers Classic for the time being). This will result in a popularity increase in this game which could generate revenue for Nintendo Corporation as well as satisfy the ssb64 fans. Also I am fully aware that Nintendo is going to allow people to download the game and play online. However that would not increase the popularity of ssb64. The only way to do that is to retexture and rerelease in a more competitive format.

Additional features to add to SSBC:

1. A tournament mode, where stage effects are disabled (no whirlwind on Hyrule, no raising lava in Zebas, etc.). Certain stages should be highlighted for tournament legality in this mode (Hyrule, Dreamland, Planet Zebus, Sector Z, Congo Jungle, and what ever new fair levels can be added). This enables both opponents to choose whether or not they want to play on a tournament legal stage. In this mode there should be three more choices. A 1v1 mode, an FFA mode, a team battle mode, and a crew battle mode and the addition of stock and time limit like in ssbm.
2. Add additional levels such as Battlefield and Final Destination to the unlockable levels.

Player 2

Smash Rookie
I doubt all of these messages are going to be translated in time. Wes would only have four days left to catch up =| and thus far i don't believe he's been around. Too bad.

D1

Banned via Administration
Nickname: D1

Dear Sakurai,

Well I know all of us are Yoshi lovers or just find the char interesting to play w/ from time to time. Truth of the matter is, if he remained as good as he was in SSB64, I wouldn't be complaining.

One thing I really would like changed that he had in SSB64 is for him to have the ability to jump outta his shield again. Why would you take away an ability he had in SSB64 when he's already a tough char to be good with, to begin with? Make him heavy like in the PAL version of Melee or maybe 1st heaviest char in Brawl since he has so many disadvantages.

I realized something also about Yoshi...around 70% if you try use his dair to combo into an utilt or dsmash it'll work w/ no problem...try doin a dair around 0 percent...there's barely any stun unallowing you follow up w/ an utilt/dsmash why is this? Its not really fun landing a dair w/ Yoshi then rolling away to safety, its rather dumb infact. Another thing...if Yoshi only has 2 jumps why not make his fair a spike to make ppl feel the pain he feels when it comes to recovering? It would make sense to make a character that has problems recovering, hard to get off the level. I.E. look @ Falco a perfect example he has the high and mighty all priority unmeteorable dair, his 1 frame shine, his lasers, his high priority smashes and so on...at the same time he has crappy recovery balancing him out somewhat...why not do the same for Yoshi?

His recovery attempt is futile once he loses his second jump. Why not .let his tongue be like YL, Samus, or Link's hookshot allowin Yoshi to stick to the side of the level then sweetspotting the ledge? That'd be even better because a character like Yoshi would probably need it after gettin knocked outta his Double Jump anyway. It would beat "untumbling" into a desperate airdodge. Which leads me to the next thing...

...GIVE YOSHI'S AIRDODGE more distance and an easier edge/cliff sweetspot like Zelda's, Peach's, or even Ness, and like GW who has a godly upB and a nice airdodge where if he does it point blank near the ledge he would still be able to sweetspot no matter what.

Also give Yoshi's downB priority similar to that of Falco's dair or Ganon's for that matter. Also if the opponent blocks the move pointblank let it push them back like Shiek's dsmash to give Yoshi some breathing room.

Other than that the final thing I'd probably want is Yoshi's dash grab to be better in terms of grabbin at all ranges no matter what like his standing grab...and I'll leave the rest to you Sakurai. There are alotta rabid Yoshi fans around world that would love their favorite Dino to be able to jump outta his shielding animation like in SSB64. Please do us this service, and maybe we could live happy again like in teh days of SSB.

Deka~Fox

Smash Cadet
**Unsure if this has been said already**

Nickname- Base

Good day. My request is simple and to the point. I have enjoyed the single player modes thoroughly and would suggest that they be expanded upon by including a 2-player campaign. Whereas 2-players can go through adventure mode and classic mode.

Mr.C

Smash Master
Mr.C (robert)

It would be cool to see Sora and Riku from Kingdom hearts added in the new smash.

Meta_Geno_Knight

Smash Cadet
Please add these characters to Super Smash Bros Brawl, cause nobody will be disappointed

Geno from Super Mario RPG:Legend of the Seven Stars
Sonic the Hedgehog from Sonic the Hedgehog
Marx from a game called Milky Way in Kirby's Superstar

JRI3102

Smash Apprentice
Jri3102

Trophy collection is a lot of fun but could be to redundant, my suggestion.

How about animated trophies. in a full scale Museum!

Picture this animated trophies of the Brawl characters that you could control the speed of their animation and look at the trophies.

Then include multiple unlockable videos that incorperate all the new characters and stages, have posable trophies with contact points to move them around and pose them. maybe extend it to a short animation you can create.

Finally include unlockable games (or at least screenshots), have the original games (or screenshots)that inspired Brawl and make them unlockable, so we could play (or see progression of characters) like DK, Mario, Mother (EarthBound), Kirby, Kid Icarus, and Metal Gear.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Name: Wario Man

I would love to see:
All 26 characters from SSBM
Rare's Banjo-Kazooie
Balloon Fighter
Ganon as a boss character (The pig-like Ganondorf who was the last boss on many LoZ games)

MasterofMe

Smash Rookie
MasterofMe

I would like to suggest these characters for Super Smash Brothers brawl paper mario(with the paper themed abilites obtained in Paper Mario the Thousand Year Door), main character from Animal Crossing , and Metal Sonic (Sonic Heros). Plus an event match were you can play as Giga Bowser or Master/Crazy Hand. One item sugestion I have is a bees' nest from the game Animal Crossing.

Mark_zerO_onE

Smash Rookie
Mark_zerO_onE
New fighting Modes

I think the addition of new "Special Melee"s would be a good idea. A "Metal Melee" would sound good; it would add to the Invisible Melee. Another Melee mode would personally like would be "Bunnyhood Melee". All characters would have permenent bunnyhoods and would move, jump and act like they do with the bunnyhood for fast frantic Brawl action! But what would real be cool is a "Team Character Melee". aka, fight with any 2 charactrers like the Ice Climbers. In this mode, you would be able to select any 2 characters and pair them up and fight with both of them, like you do the Ice Climbers. And if you pick related characters, like Mario & Luigi or Link & Zelda, they would have team moves like the Ice Climbers use. I would love to see this implimented in Brawl. :)

End

I hope this is not too long for you. I've waited so long to tell somebody about my dream Special Melee modes. :)

Name:Eternal Phoenix
concern:A new character

Hello,my name is Eternal phoenix and i have sent this in concern of adding the character Lady Lyndis from Fire emblem 7(Or out here,known as Fire Emblem).here are some reasons why she would make a great addition to Super Smash bros Brawl:

1.History

During the release of Super Smash Bros. Melee,one of the characters that were unlockable was Marth from the first and third Fire Emblem games.do to the fact that it was a practically unknown franchise,people felt skeptical about his appearance in smash bros.it was soon that the curriosity of the smash bros. players expaned to wanting to know about the Fire Emblem franchise.It was soon after that Fire Emblem 7,the first Fire Emblem game to be released in the U.S. hit the shelves of The U.S. and other eastern contries.Over a month later the game is very succesful,it featured the story about you and Lady Lyndis going on a search for his grandfather,who was betraid,and left for dead.When you encountered your first attack upon the enemy,Lady Lyndis showed her amazing speed and blade skill,it was hard for the opponent to land a single hit!!!When she lands a critical hit she is even more amazing as she warps into this air and executes consecutive slashes upon the enemy,and you couldn't even see her,then she slides out of no where,putting her Manni Kati back into her sheath,now that is cool.as you progress through the game and level up lyndis,you get an item called the heaven seal.The item allowed you to level up any lord character you wanted.
When you level up lyndis with the item...wow,talk about a knight in shining armor,she has gone through a wardrobe upgrade and a skill upgrade,not to mention she could also use a bow!!Lady Lyndis is probably the most well known Fire Emblem character in the U.S. and Europe.This is just one reason to consider her in smash bros.

2.Fire Emblem has made a great establishment in the U.S. and Europe.

After the first Fire emblem game was released,many other Fire emblem games have been released as well.Such as,Fire emblem the sacred stones for the GBA and Fire Emblem path of radiance for the GCN.Due to this Fire Emblem characters have gotten popular to this country and others.But of all the characters in the franchise,Lady Lyndis stands as the most popular Fire Emblem charcter due to the fact she is the first to be exposed to Europe and the U.S.

3.Breaking the boundry of Sexes in Smash bros.

One of the thing that is of concern about Smash Bros. is the lack of Female characters.Due to the fact that she is the first lord in this country and eastern contries,and she is also female,it would greatly appeal to alot more people,and female players alike.

4.Unique fighting style.
Lyndis is no ordinary swordswoman,she uses an Eastern shinobi style,which is quick,swift,and deadly.She could also use archery as an alternation between melee combat to long range combat.Due to this she would have a great move set in Smash Bros.

I thank you for taking the time out of your schedual to read this.I hope you take this into consideration.Good luck in developnent of smash bros.thank you.

sincerely-Eternal Phoenix

thank you.

Flok

BRoomer
BRoomer
I bet that Wes hasn't sent a single request post from this topic to the Japanese site yet.

Unless he's been waiting all this time to post after 17:00 AM or post tommorow. But I highly doubt that.

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
I think he did the first few pages but then said, ****-it when he felt utterly swamped. What can you expect though? the guy's just a student of Japanese. I would have done the same thing.

Sniffnoy

Smash Cadet
Resting_Fox said:
I think he did the first few pages but then said, ****-it when he felt utterly swamped. What can you expect though? the guy's just a student of Japanese. I would have done the same thing.
*grumble* I would have explicitly *stated* that I wasn't going to do any more...

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Resting_Fox said:
Either way you look at it its his fault. Sure there were a lot of post, but that was his responsability. If you cant handle it then dont do it. He gott everyonees hopes up thaat they would get there opinions heard only to wuss out. The nerve of ssome ppl.

Sniffnoy

Smash Cadet
While it's very nice what he did do, it would have taken virtually no effort to explicitly state that he would not be handling any more...

Although, seeing as he never posted the list he said he would, it's possible he's been cut off from the internet.

ReptileMage

Smash Rookie
Nick: ReptileMage
Subject: Character suggestion and question.

I'd love to see Pikmin come into Brawl, they would make great characters for an already ultimate game, their presense would make me very happy. My question is: Are the rumors about 3 new characters and 3 gone rumor true?

ReptileMage

Smash Rookie
Mark_zerO_onE said:
Mark_zerO_onE
New fighting Modes

I think the addition of new "Special Melee"s would be a good idea. A "Metal Melee" would sound good; it would add to the Invisible Melee. Another Melee mode would personally like would be "Bunnyhood Melee". All characters would have permenent bunnyhoods and would move, jump and act like they do with the bunnyhood for fast frantic Brawl action! But what would real be cool is a "Team Character Melee". aka, fight with any 2 charactrers like the Ice Climbers. In this mode, you would be able to select any 2 characters and pair them up and fight with both of them, like you do the Ice Climbers. And if you pick related characters, like Mario & Luigi or Link & Zelda, they would have team moves like the Ice Climbers use. I would love to see this implimented in Brawl. :)

End

I hope this is not too long for you. I've waited so long to tell somebody about my dream Special Melee modes. :)
Ooh, nice. Sorr for the double post.

D

Deleted member

Give Wes a break. Practicaly every member on this forum posted here (a slight exaggeration but you get the point). I know I made my request, but I wasn't too suprised that it didn't get it.

Some people here did get their ideas in (see SamuraiPanda's thread), but it's all down to Sakurai. Just take some hope from the fact that, in the end, Chuck Norris and Sonic go back in the same box.

Sapphire_flame

Smash Rookie
Nickname: Sapphire_flame

Message: Hey, there, Nintendo. I'm from America, and I have a few ideas for Super Smash Bros. Brawl. First of all, why not have alternate costumes? It would eliminate the need for clones, and the costumes could even alter stats if you so choose. I'm sure you guys could think of ways. Also, how about tag teams? This may or may not work out, but I was thinking of something like the Zelda/Shiek transformation. A certain button or press on the D-pad would trigger a change that can be canceled by enemies. It would encourage a certain amount of strategy, as well. Thanks for listening to a fan!

(I could probably use Babelfish if I wanted, but it might induce more laughs than thought. If you're too busy, I'll just send it myself)

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
Well considering Wes hasn't even told us how many of the translations he's actually done, it's probably useless to bother seeing who all was mentioned here. Go to the "Characters on Sakurai's poll" thread for real information.

Lishy

Smash Journeyman
name:lishy

Dear god(Sakurai) I know my loyalty to nintendo is ruiened from using a action replay but it actually increases my loyalty
As you may have red in my previous message about adding giga bowser and fixing him I was screwing with your debug menu in offense and defence radio along with scale and I managed to turn giga bowser into a fair charactor(exeption of no knockback below 100% on some attacks and canot be grabbed)
how to make a giga bowser into a fair charactor(will require ssbm reprogramming to get his stats):
1.give him his basic stats without abilitys
2.go into debug menu
3.switch his scale to 0.50
4.switch his defensive ratio to 60
5.switch his offensive to 1.00
6.somhow convert these to stats and copy the data to brawl

Giga bowser has a ssb storyline and I dont see why he cant be a playable charactor?after all even though hes 2nd party (whatever that means) you guys put 3rd party charactors making him more qualifyable then 3rd rates also by being in ssbm hes a nintendo allstar which by these he qualifies.

I also want to see ganondorf with moves he used. his up+b can be like spinning upward with his dual swords and his neutral B can be charging up his energy ball he used in orcarina of time which you need to reflect with your sword,it will act like mewtwo's shadow ball accept above you

make him have flying like peach becuase comon ganondorf can take a beating but he isnt HEAVY he can fly for pete sake XD

speaking of mewtwo give him adjustments.he just needs less knockback and a bit more power to knockback somone decently,replace his side smash it sux.....

heh yeah I love ssbm villains!with acception of the hands they are cool and all but cray hand shouldent be a boss anymore...after all he is well dead and plays no roll.but he should make a appearence to help form the ultimate monster fusing master hand,crazy hand and hyper head.
Kinda like the the boss from kirby superstar with the head and 2 stone hands.

Masterhand should have a new attack,summoning enemeys from final destination levels in adventure mode which are called mini hand,they are like those hands that point in random places in the ghost houses of the game "new super mario bros"

a 3rd 3rd party charactor could be chaos0 from sonic,he could be the new ganondorf or better yet his own guy! I mean his b attack would be growing his hand then punching his up b well is his double jump from sonic battle and his down b can be the 3rd punch attack from sonic adventure 2,side B can be uhhh like capty falcons side b.

see chaos0 makes sense and tails sux hes low on tier,chaos0 is the ownage and if you put shadow well hes like cloud from final fantisy EVERYBODY will play him.They are abbsessed with shadow well accept me sonic and chaos0 own

Also playing in debug menu target test inspired me.A multiplayer version of target test were you battle in and get the most points then break all the targets,whoever has the most points in the end wins so its like endless melee were when u kill somone you get a point and you need to break all targets when your in the lead to win.if you die you go to the start of the target test.

sorry I just get so many idea's,please dont make wario *to* INAPORPRIET the fart is enough and it makes the attack funny

Oh if you need a yoshi charactor add white shyguy.It would be interesting to see a shyguy and who could have the egg icon of yoshi?Also the whole starfox team would be nice slippy is cool and peppy is also good the only problem is the movesets.Simple solution though
Falco is a falcon and fox is a errr fox we can give falco multi jump and replace his b attacks with some of his airials and ground attacks.All I know of is give him his big *** canon from assualt I really wonna see that thing kick ***!(sorry for swearing)anyways falco should be mainly airial,also lose the reflecter for falco X.x now for slippy he uses inventions meaning *DUN-DUUUUN* he gets the reflector falco *USED* with wider range and he can wall kick and hang on walls for 2 seconds.his first jump is good but his 2nd jump is pooor =( he up b cant be simaler to fox's up+b so im fresh out of his movesets.now peppy this is really hard,I seriously cant come up with his moveset but he has very good jumping.his jumps go a far distance and he has no up+b recovery meaning he might be a yoshi #2 falco's single jump and the uberness of yoshi's 2nd jump only with more distance.

whew!!!!! sorry for that =/
Idea's just flow into my head infact I got another idea.
remove ice climbers they are to odd and buggy XD they take the feel out of ssb.
Pit honestly has such a cool design I love it,I never played kid icarus so if theres storylien and dialogue in adventure mode Ill learn about kid icarus

Oh include a lord jabu jabu's belly stage like zora fountin then he comes and eats everybody in the match changing the atmosphear and everything but dont make jabu's belly to realistic its disgusting the lv

The Dark Lord Ganondorf

Smash Apprentice
name: TLF

Message: Please reconsider and remove Snake from SSBB! It should be nintendo characters ONLY and plus, Snake doesnt really fit into the game. Keep with tradition and dont add third party characters like sonic and tails. Give Ganondorf a sword also and you could include Phantom Ganon as either a boss or unlockable character. It would be great to see Ganondorf with some magic attacks as well. I know you probably get a lot or requeests for characters but please make sure that you only pick very good NINTENDO ones. This game has the potential to be the Terminator of the gaming world, please dont spoil it by adding sub par characters. Oh, and no duplicated moveslists please!

Lishy

Smash Journeyman
name lishy:

message:Omg I came up with a new idea which EVERYBODY liked on smashboards.Ill give you my post

------start of quote

"Well the game records moves you do with a certain charactor and stuff so if you play like a pro your computer player will play like a pro also.

IDK ima suggest this if people like it

lets say we uhhh own with pikachu itll copy our stragedy and stuff,you have to play alot to make it a non lv 1 computer player though and you need to play against a ditto computer player alot.

this teaches you to adapt to situations you get in and you can take your training further if you got nobody to practice with(atleast nobody who sucks)"

--------end of quote

This would give you a challenge no matter what and you can make a ditto computer equil to your streangh if you play alot.3/4 of the online players can own you and ALOT of most of our friends are little 12 year olds who ****en make a HUGE tantrum cuz you are mind gaming them and they get a headache so they ***** and **** at you.They also are noobies who spam **** moves and have no skill it so friggen anoying

hellboy

Smash Rookie
waluigi sonic geno megaman ridley bomberman magnus those are the one i want in there

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
Name:NetWorKing

I would personally love to see Star Wolf,Crystal,King K. Rool,or even just Frog from the Chrono series hit it big time.However,I mostly want to see that only clones very similar to their counterparts go,such as Pichu,Doctor Mario,and Y. Link.I use to play Doc and found it extremely easy to transfer to the original Mario.Also,though this should include Roy,he should come back with a different fighting style.Another major issue: more major villains and final bosses.Many people want to see Ridley playable and something like Ganon from oot as a boss.The single player modes in the 64 version and GCube version are long,repetitive,and offer little respite for those who have no friends Smash Capable. I need a level of Gameplay to challenge the world's best smashers,to hurt the best veterans,to make Jet Lee and Chuck Norris weep with failure.We need board the platforms,longer and more challenging break the target tests,air battles as long as 2 Jigglypuffs fighting each other.We need more unlockable characters,more levels,better music,more trophies,and a game to end all games.

PS:please have that super move thing be an item.

jenniprncss

Smash Cadet
COOL!

-start-
Name: Hwangsta

I would like to see Ike from Fire Emblem: POR, and at least Hector from Fire Emblem or Ephraim from Fire Emblem: SS. Ike is one of the most powerful lords ever in Fire Emblem (besides Sigurd) and then there should be some Fire Emblem characters that don't always use swords.
I hope to see Princess Peach, but with the moves from Super Princess Peach (excluding the calm emotion) so that way Princess Daisy can have the original moves that Peach had in Melee.
However I think Pichu should be replaced with a different pokemon, since pretty much he is a pikachu clone, so putting in Togepi as a real character instead of in a pokeball is a good idea. That leads to the pokeballs, with what characters are in. I hope to see an expansion, including the new pokemon and adding some of the original 150 inside(except Pikachu), including some of the pokemon in pokeballs in the original Super Smash Bros.
As for the Legend of Zelda Characters, Ganondorf should not be the clone of Captain Falcon, since after all it was a bit of a dissapointment to most of the players. Young LInk should be kept in the game, but with different moves than the older Link, since I think the older Link should be the one with the Twilight Princess Weapons and moves, while Young Link has the moves by OOT. Some characters that can be put in are Princess Ruto (c'mon it's funny) and after she is one of the seven sages.
Currently I am assuming that Super Smash Brawl will go into Wi-Fi. Like Mario Kart DS, many people want to challenge other to battle, but at times there is a period where there are no Tournaments and friends to play with. Many would like to play others and especailly the Nintendo staff, since they want to test their skills .
Thank You for your time,
Hwangsta
-end-
thanks Wes

deity_link

Smash Rookie
I want zelda to return. Also ganondarf transforming into ganon as a super move. And maybe even y.link using masks from LOZ MM

Top Bottom