• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I will translate your message to Japanese and send it POST HERE

-West Coast Wes-

Smash Journeyman
Yeh, there already is a translated page.

so if you want, you can try english. Just dont use babel fish, it will create something rediculous. I'll keep translating this stuff however, so keep posting if you want it in.

check the first page

Ikki got married cuz of smash. Am I the only one just learning about this?

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
[The only thing about submitting English suggestions is they'll probably know it's an American and might exclude it fom consideration.]

Nickname: Video game Deity

Topic: Character suggestion.

First, thank you so much for making this game. Smash Melee was so phenomenal, I often wondered why there was no sequel on the Gamecube. And taking fan suggestions is a brilliant idea. I just hope you don't stress yourself too much.

And now, my idea. Since there are now two chracters each from the Metroid and Kirby franchises, I think it is time for DK to have a partner. And who would be better than Diddy Kong? The only problem I can foresee is coming up with his special attacks, but perhaps you could use his past games like Diddy Kong Racing for inspiration.

Also, Perhaps Donkey Kong should be able to throw Barrels with his Forward B attack. That is is signature move after all.

Joker-King

Smash Rookie
Nickname: Joker-King
Character suggestion

It would be great if not only nintendo characters were in the game.
The characters from Tales of Symphonia (like Sheena or Presea) already got their B-Attacks and would be realy new.

Some additional characters from Fire Emblem would be great, too.
Hector and Lyn would be my favourites ;)

The main char from beyond godd&evil (she's called Jade) would also make a great fighter.

Lufia and Baten Kaitos also got characters with a high potential, how about Kalas (BK) and Dekar (Lufia) ?

Finally, how about the last boss of the Legend of Zelda: the Minish Cap, Vaati?

Phlippie

Smash Cadet
Nick: Phlippie

Hey, I just thought of 2 new items!
Cuccos and Wild Pigs, from Legend of Zelda

The Items will walk around if they are not picked up (Like Mr. Saturn)

When you pick up a Cucco and throw it at someone, a flock of Cuccos will come from the sky and attack the person who got hit.

When you pick up a Wild Pig and throw it at someone, the pig will get angry and turn red and run to a direction of the stage hitting anyone in its path

And, I thought of a new character: Gooey!!

Goey will be similar to kirby, with his copy ability, but instead of swallowing a player to copy him, Gooey would shoot his tounge out, almost the same as Yoshi's Lick attack. Gooey can also jump like Kirby

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Thanks Wes, this is awesome.

~
RC

I want a Fire Emblem level.
Bowser castle level.
Star Fox ship flying through Asteroid field where we can jump on asteroids too.

Golden Sun Characters.
Kung-Fu NES characters.
Skull Kid with Majora's Mask.
Raichu.
Star Wolf.
King Dedede
King K. Rool
Mega Man X and Zero.
Pac Man.
Sonic, Tails. Metal Sonic.

Rayquaza in Pokeballs.

Keep Captain Falcon's knee in.
Give Young Link a kill move lol.

Kirby Fanboy

Smash Rookie
Nickname: Kirby fanboy

Character suggestions:

Toad
Koopa
Baby Bowser
King Dedede
Waddle Dee
Birdo
Boo
Diddy kong
Dixie Kong
Daisy
Sonic
Tails
Krystal(StarFox Adventures)
Waluigi

Level Suggestions:

Bowser's Castle
Greeen Hill Zone(Sonic the hedgehog)
Luigi's Mansion

If you have the time could you please add these suggestions.
Thanks. :)

Fox_Rocks

Smash Journeyman
Nickname: ah94nintendo

For characters I would like to see: all of the old characters along with Diddy Kong (Donkey Kong), Space Pirates (Metroid), Waluigi (Super Mario), Krystal (Star Fox), Ike (Fire Emblem), Wolf (Star Fox), Samurai Goroh (F-Zero), and any other characters you can think of!

I would also like to see a return of Board the Platforms and also every stage created for both Super Smash Bros. games.

BentoBox

Smash Master
Tell them that there should be a way to communicate between players in the game. By plugging in our keyboards in the wii's usb ports maybe? There should also be lobbies where people can discuss, organize battles and stuff.

All in all, I don't want to hear anything related to friend codes when it comes to playing online.

Lishy

Smash Journeyman
-----------------------------------------

Nickname:Lishy

message:Since snake is in ssbb Howbout you try getting sonic?We dont need all the other guys(tails maybe but he shouldent....) and you realise sega is only good cuz of sonic.Do what you did with getting snake and get sonic in ssbb :p I can even come up with a sweat moveset for sonic ;)

Oh I got idea's for stages

Speciel stages:End of time

Like final destination(and the stage in ssb64) it is a giant platform with a backround but this backround isnt just a space cinamatic its more like end of time.It starts by travaling through space with shooting stars and lasers then cloudss and then into a blackhole and then to a place were the backround slowly changes from black to white to purple to black to white then end of time platform slowly spin's around and makes tghe screen turn white for 2 seconds and you appear at the beggining of the backround cinamatic.I got no music suggestions cuz this is ssbb music so its not a midi/mp3

paper world:dooplis's casle

Music of fighting doopliss in paper mario thousand year door,no this is NOT a 2d lv or paper but its based on the doopliss fight.Theres the bathtub,the bell and everything from dooplis's room.It has no cliffs meaning it is like flatzone in a way cuz u dont have to use recovery moves and it also has blocks to jump on or to get in your way or to jump off of etc. heres random events:

Falling bell:bell falls down in the middle of the stage and does 30 dmg to everyone it hits and knocks them back semi high,it shakes before it falls though

Boo mirror:a boo comes out of the mirror and floats to the other side of the screen,you have a choice to hit it and get points or get 4 dmg if it touch's and knock u back a inch or just to evade it.

paper world:Glitz pit arena:
Hmmmm I cant really think of much other than its a no cliff version of pokemon stadium.You can use the paper mario thousand year door 3rd boss music.......I FORGOT HIS NAME doh!!! =X

Station square:
Ok since of all the sonic rumers of him in ssbb i came up with this stage,the hotel is in the middle with ONE platform on the hotel and theres cars that act like the ones from onett from ssbm.the death area is a little like termina:great bay cuz its a combination of that and onett.The turtal is replaced with a a boat and the boat is a small moter boat.....

meteor herd tower:
The tower from meteor herd,somtimes it opens up and sends you up flying to the highest platform,after 3 seconds the current stops and u can fall in the lava.It closes after 8-10 seconds.this is not to depend on for ko's so u should just do ordinary smash attacks and send your oponment to the sky,right/left of the screen to ko them.Another event is meteors which will once in a while hit the ground the explode,STAND CLEAR NEW SMASH PLAYERS!

Oran:Realgam tower
I cant think of any events or what it will look like but I think a softer version of mirror B's theme suits the level perfectly.

dinasuar planet:kazooa palace:
Kazooa palace from starfox adventures.Ahhh this game brings back memorys of my favorite game,I cant request the battlefield and i cant think of traps

Lol thx for reading by the way I spend all day playing nintendo games LOL nintendo games are my life thx for giving me a purpose of what to do in life =)Video games is Why im popular and I owe it all to you guys =)
----------------------------------------

Flok

BRoomer
BRoomer
Thank you Wes for this excellent idea and thank you, Sakurai's team, for accepting fan requests.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name: Flok

Greetings Mr.Sakurai, I am a big fan of the Super Smash Bros. series, having participated in more than 15 tournaments of it already. I want to thank you first for making another Super Smash Bros. game, and secondly thank you very much for accepting fan requests! Your trailer of the new game has beautiful music and is very exciting to look at, and I would like to say keep it up and good luck with the development!

And of course I have a request for your team as well, like many other Smash fans. Now this might be a bit too much asked, but letting Rockman, Capcom's mascot appear in Super Smash Bros. Brawl would be like a dream for me. Rockman is my favorite videogame character of all time, next to Mario from Nintendo, and I feel that he is the perfect rival for Samus Aran, 3rd party wise. Could you please make it happen?

I have one more question for you. Do the main characters of Nintendo's Disaster: Day of Crisis and P.R.O.J.E.C.T. Hammer have a chance of being in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, which is kind of similar with Roy from Fire Emblem 6 appearing in Super Smash Bros. Melee?

Once again, I find it to be an excellent idea to let fans request things to you and your team.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's the end of my message. Once again thank you Wes and it would be kickass to see this message of mine appear on their site in Japanese!

BentoBox

Smash Master
Is WCW really taking the time to translate every single of these letters? Lol. Babelfish for the win :p

Keta

Smash Journeyman
Sorry if this has been brought up, but I don't have time to read all the pages to find out... Has anyone submitted or found out if they have taken out jumping with the joystick?

-West Coast Wes-

Smash Journeyman
I'm going through them all. It just takes a long time. The problem with babel fish is it does not include a true translation of "semantics" if you will. Rather, it just slaps directly translated words and puts random words where they shouldnt be. It also mixes up words by putting them into the wrong kanji.

---------------------------------------
WHY BABELFISH DOES NOT WORK.
---------------------------------------

"please allow rockman to be a playable character"

I translated this in japanese with babel fish. Translated it back, and got

"Rockman allot the fact that it is the quality which you can play"

instead of using the word "character" as in person you can play as, it thought I ment Characteristic.. yeh..

You need to know how to speak or write japanese. You need to know how they think.

In Japanese, people say "Please insert rockman!"
not "put rockman in the game"

Its not that simple, dont waste your time, I beg you.

BentoBox

Smash Master
I didn't mean by that that I used babelfish myself but rather thought it'd be easier for you to translate 10 pages of content xD. lol, nevermind me :p

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
*Just gets back from E3* I thought that we advocated not sending them letters...but, from the looks of it, if they're still hiring, perhaps sending them letters wouldn't hurt. I'm sure that they wouldn't mind input, especially from such a big fanbase...however, I don't expect them to return any letters saying "Great idea, we'll put it in!" Expect your suggestions to raise ideas of their own.

And yeah, hopefully you're pretty fluent in honorific Japanese, Wes. No ta's or kara's or nai's, just masu's, node's, and armimaen's :p (granted there is probably an ever more honorific conjugation of those, but I'm only on my third quarter of Japanese).

-West Coast Wes-

Smash Journeyman
I see. Well thanks for your concern :) Its just that babel fish is probably WORSE than sending nothing at all because its so messed up.

Yeh gimpy, yeh i got a lot of posts haha. But thats the purpose. More work for me the better, and the more people from smashboards who get their message to sakurai, the better.

I've seen a few people mention politeness. Thats what Im doing. Thanks for the reminder :D

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
Yay GO WEST COAST WES!

Nickname: TaroNuke

Please insert Ganbare Goemon and Sasuke!
They belong to Konami, and you already have Snake from Konami!

Good idea is it not?

**I can't find my post about their movesets. There needs to be a
"find your posts" in the user CP.

Always_Default

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for doing this -West Coast Wes-

Nickname: Always_Default from smashboards.com

Please allow for the same customization you have had in the past and please implement it into online play. It would be kind of silly to make players able to turn off items, turn off "super-special moves (if not an item) in regular play, but make them play like that online. Also, please put Agahnim in the game from A Link to the Past and make him unbeatable.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Nickname= MookieRah

Make Mewtwo heavier and faster. Tweak his forward B and down b to be more useful. Also, Sonic.

Sincerely;
Currently considered best Mewtwo in the US :-P.

GodzillaMan

Smash Cadet
-West Coast Wes- said:
:) keep it goin. For those of you who said thanks--your very welcome.
Dont worry about posting things long, just realize I might hate you for it.

I'm kidding. Let them have it. (godzilla? wtf)
What's wrong with Godzilla?

Jonathan Shen

Smash Rookie
Heh, heh. Just a couple of days and the Brawl topics are 'literally' on fire. WCW, I'd just like to thank you very much for putting up such an inspiring topic. From "lurking" the whole time since Melee was out, this topic seemed to be the only one that has finally gotten me to join this phenominal message board. Anyway, getting straight to the point...

---------------------------------------------------

Dear Mr. Miyamoto, Mr. Sakurai, and other distinguished Nintendo directors, creators, and so forth...

Although you may or may not receive/read this message, I'd just like to say that I'm really honored by all your work. From the original Super Smash Bros., to Melee, and now to the new "shiny, sparkly" 'Brawl', this project already looks to be one of your greatest achievements of video gaming history. Though I'm not asking that you put these ideas in right away or at all but to at least take a few or even some of it into consideration...

I'm indefinitely hoping for the return of the 25 characters from Melee of course (including Dr. Mario, Young Link, etc.). But more importantly, my focus is more on the Nintendo "newcomers" and the "3rd party newcomers". Here's a list with some brief descriptions (some may be longer than others):

Waluigi: If Wario's gonna be in it, obviously his taller brother has to be in this one as well.
Wrecking Crew Mario: Just another interesting profession that Mario has, consider that he tends to focus more on the hammer, reliving those carpenter days from that of the original Donkey Kong.
Wrecking Crew Luigi: Hey, Luigi was also a member of the Wrecking Crew games. If you have WC Mario, you gotta have WC Luigi.
Kid Bowser: Yes, the cute one from Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, Yoshi's Story, and Super Mario Sunshine, this is a character that's most likely worth checking out, and definitely can't just be Bowser's "faster but lighter" doppleganger like Link and Young Link.
Wind Waker Link: Either a doppleganger of Young Link or maybe even a replacement of Young Link, his easily animated emotions and countless amount of weapons, items, and cel-shaded effects are at his disposal just like his "real-life" young and older counterparts.
Lizardman: One of my favorite enemies from the Legend of Zelda series. He did manage to show up as a secret character in Soul Calibur II so might as well check him out.
King Dedede: Well, ya got Kirby and the ever-so-cool Meta Knight, might as well try out the bloated bird. He not only has a hammer, he can float in the Kirby games, suck (not in the bad way) like Kirby, Ground Pounding, and other crazy things he can do from Kirby Super Star, Kirby's Dream Land 3, etc.
Slippy Toad: Just being thankful that his voice finally hit puberty in StarFox Assault, Slippy has to have some moves up his sleeves. Speed is definitely not a factor for him, but his arsenal and the inventions can make up for that.
Peppy Hare: If you think he's too old, play Assault. He's definitely in it with his high jumps, which could give Luigi and Falco a run for their money.
Krystal: Ah, yes. The ever-so-sexy Krystal, not only can she use the futuristic weapons of the Lylat System, magic can be a factor with her staff from StarFox Adventures and whatnot. Much consideration there.
Wolf O'Donnell: Fox's archrival who always lock horns with Fox whenever they both meet. He has made an appearance in Melee in the Opening Music Video, and it would be kind of disappointing to not have him at all.
Paula: Ness's girlfriend... er... friend who is a girl. Ness has been alone for two whole games so she definitely should be considered to tag along. We need EarthBound characters! Some of her attacks rival that of Ness's such as PK (PSI) Freeze and PSI Paralysis.
Jeff: Another EarthBound character but a real normy. No PSI/PK attacks to boot but lots of fun with his air guns, and other crazy contraptions that he wields in EarthBound.
Poo: Not to laugh at his name, but the most awesome character in EarthBound with his kick@$$ martial arts clothing. His PK (PSI) Starstorm is definitely nothing to spew crap about.
Eliwood: "Roy... I am your father..." "Noooooooo!" Erm... Yes, indeed. Like father like son. If Roy's gonna be in it again, why doesn't his father join him?
Hector: Eliwood's bigtime rival and friend. He's such a laugh in the 1st Fire Emblem game for the GBA. I could just imagine the possibilites with the axe he wields.
Lyndis: Sacaen and awesome because of it. She has to be one of the cooler asian-like swordfighters out there among the traditional European styles.
Ephraim: Heir to Renais and probably the first FE character (in the U.S.) to actually wield a Lance/Spear.
Eirika: Sister of Ephraim, I could imagine her with a/an rapier/epee. I pretty much like her for the simplicity of her attacks in Sacred Stones.
Ike: The newest Fire Emblem hero in the U.S. so far in my opinion. Fortunately, he does have an actual voice. I'm hoping for this cool character to be in Brawl.

Not done yet! 3rd party characters and others:
Anyone from the Sonic series including Sonic and Tails should be considered. SEGA has been part of Nintendo for a while so I'm guessing that they should be included along with the Megaman (Rockman) series. What I desire most is the possible chance of including Leon S. Kennedy from Resident Evil 4. Hey, if you have a serious character like Snake from the Metal Gear Solid series, why not add some more? And not just Resident Evil 4 but even other RE games. The Klonoa series would definitely be considered. Although I'm new to that, I hope that there will be some thought given to that. At the moment, I can't think of any others but I hope that you'll take a lot of 3rd party series into consideration

I apologize if this message sounded long-winded, but I took a lot of time and effort to hope to reach out to all of you. If you've even read this far, I'm very thankful for it and hope for the best that this game will be a game to look up to and remembered for years or even decades to come.

With all due respect,

Chibi Vegito

-----------------------------------------------------------------

*Blinks.* Wow. o.o;; I'm sorry if it's too long... n.n;; I guess I really got too into it. Anyway, WCW, I'm not really asking you to translate all of this if you have to. Well, if not, at least I'm hoping to open some more eyes to this topic. Phew... My work here is done... _-_ for now... >.>;;

Phlippie

Smash Cadet
Nick: Philllie (again)

Demiru, from 'Tomato Adventure' ,Stafi from Densetsu no Stafi, and Isaac from Golden Sun would be great additions to the game
And I don't want Ridley, from the Metroid series as a playable character. I think he would be more fit as a boss, like Giga Bowser

BentoBox

Smash Master
Heh, I'll be taking japanese lessons starting next september so I'll try and give you a hand at that moment :D.

Dragonfangs

Smash Rookie
Nick: Dragonfangs

I suggest using more retro characters, such as Bub and Bob from Bubble Bobble. And if you could somehow manage to incorporate Tetris in some way, probably as a level.

Try to find the most unlikely character to be in the game and add him/her/it. Surprise everyone, I know you can.

the Marronator

Smash Ace
Nickname: Themarronator

Thankyou for taking suggestions for new characters! I am sure any character you will make will be great. However, there is one character that I can think of that would be nice if you put in: Krystal from starfox. It also might be easy to make moves for her because of all the staff powers in Starfox Adventures.
Thankyou for taking my request!

--------------
On side note, <3 WES!!!!! You rock!

Smash Lord
You know, someone should probably include the link to this site. I think Nintendo would benefit from looking at the SWF community.

fat_walrus

Smash Rookie
Nickname: davy

I'd really like to see Ike from Fire Emblem 9, his good skills with a sword (Aether, etc) would serve a good purpose in Smash Bros.

Top Bottom