• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IC Introduction, An Introduction to Competitive Brawl Ice Climbers, by Delphiki

Kage Me

Smash Ace
Why didnt you just- nvm. Alright. Tomorrow, I will begin IC practice WITHOUT CGs! Piece of cake. :)
Learn how to use Blizzard properly. Along with Squall, it'll probably end up being your most frequently used move. Clearing, damage racking, stopping approaches... It can even be used to set up a grab.

Brave Hippo

Smash Ace
I don't believe you've watched my matches sir.
Nope, but I assume your an IC pro. Yeah, I'll check em out tomorrow, I was focused on winning my first tourney as Olimar. (Which I am about to do.) 2,000 Wii points + a sweet sig? Yay for me! :laugh:

Thanks for all your help guys, now, I leave until I can contribute to our IC community.

Dev2000

Smash Lord
I approve of this thread, as I'm one of the few who know how to use IC well in tournaments.
no one knows you xD
even i'm more famous :p and im just...
Dev

:laugh:

Bravehippo
Just remember NOT 2 rely on your CG's that much but you must learn them just in case you get a grab on a player so you can kill him easier but dont start running around all grabaholic pressing Z all the time
that isnt working so dont only learn the grabs
i mean look at Frozenpopo he doesnt use Cg's and he is still a succesfull IC player

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
List of various chaingrabs and pictures of moveset would be great =)

Some good stuff here though

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Ok, I'm posting this off of the first page and haven't read anywhere past that so if this question was already covered, sorry

Is it better for the general strategies in this thread to control Popo or Nana, or is it just always better to control a particular one regardless?

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Ok, I'm posting this off of the first page and haven't read anywhere past that so if this question was already covered, sorry

Is it better for the general strategies in this thread to control Popo or Nana, or is it just always better to control a particular one regardless?
Unless it specifically says otherwise, every guide has Popo as the controller, since it's the default primary climber. As far as i know, tactics are written with Popo in mind as the primary, since Nana has the spike, unless the spike changes to Popo when you control Nana.

.Marik

is a social misfit
I use a Black Nana (main Ice Climber) and a White Popo. Appears to be the same.

Anyways, I'm seriously considering having Ice Climbers as a secondary, perhaps even a main in the future when I get to be more knowledgeable about their gameplay.

This thread was very helpful, and gave me a general idea of what to do, and what to expect. I now need to practice up, so we'll see how it goes.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Don't worry. The new guide will be done in 2 days or so. >_> Maybe tomorrow.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Guide is a bit outdated.

Top Bottom