• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IC stage discussion-Delfino Rediscussion :O

Sieguest

Smash Master
*wtf we all ask for one and no one posts what is this?*
attempted revival....

I don't really play on Delfino much...
I find myself getting the ledges used against me...
and there are so many methods for your opponent to get around us and stuff with our bad range...

The sandy beach and plaza area is pretty good to me....FD kinda so that's always a good spot to get a kill IMO...

The whole pillar area I think is just gay...no room to do anything...

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Bump for good justice. Don't let this one die too!

Final Destination I think is the other best neutral for ICs next to Battlefield. It's large, with no distractions; lots of room to move around in and CAMP. Whether you choose this or Battlefield depends on the matchup imo.

That said, I wish I had more to contribute. :(

Funen1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Funen1
The only flaw with FD is that certain characters will be able to outcamp the ICs, given the wide open spaces. Other than that, FD is a great neutral for the ICs. Lots of room for chaingrabbing if your style needs it, no extra platforms for your victims to escape to, and average blastlines all around (so you won't have to go too crazy with CGs before you can kill them). And while others believe Battlefield to be a better neutral overall, places like FD can really help against characters like MK (provided he doesn't ban it).

Sieguest

Smash Master
FD has lots of space and you can camp well against opponents to make an approach to you, unless as Funen 1 said they outcamp you...

There's nothing to kill your chaingrabs from the stage and you can get finishes at around an average K.O. percent...

The stage is large too, so with good DI you can survive for a relatively good while until you lose a stock, and you have a place to run if things get hectic...I tend to stay towards the middle of the stage.

I consider this stage second only to battlefield

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
IMO Smashville is better because it has less space for people to camp and you can (sorta) camp on the moving platform.
But yeah it's really good, not much to talk about it lol.marthagebump...loljk

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
IMO Smashville is better because it has less space for people to camp and you can (sorta) camp on the moving platform.
But yeah it's really good, not much to talk about it lol.marthagebump...loljk
smashville isn't that great... the platform can ruin gimps, let your opponents have a better recovery, and give people a place to camp you. true, we can try to camp the platform, but ICs don't do as well with people under us, and a lot of other characters can use the platform a lot more effectively than we can. if you play it enough, you'll see people start becoming really gay with abusing the platform to **** you over.

Sieguest

Smash Master
I really hate to double post...but imah bump this...just to show that it's alive....

Does anyone have anything on Luigi's Mansion, or was it all done with as soon as FD and Battlefield were completed? :/

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i CP'd it against Gmoney once to stop wario dair camping... i don't know, it seems like a good stage, but i've had very little time on it, and when i do play i generally hate it (but that has nothing to do with whether or not its a good stage or not).

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
being on the bottom floor having the ceiling stop kills + second floor having people under you + pillars stopping your projectiles = bad stage.

you gain uair goodness from the layout, that's about all.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
i wouldve thought this stage might be ok... desynched blizzard on the bottom makes approaching really difficult for most characters, and if the ceilings in the way once you get the grab, fthrow/dthrow to the side/middle and ko. sopo can live for ages too if youve got good tech skill.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
This is one of IC's best stages against characters without good projectiles.

Blizzard walls are impossible to jump over, you can put on insane amount of damage with uaires when they try to break the stage down, and when it's down it's just like FD.

Just don't lose the lead lol.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Ics Blizzards are better when used under the stage because the other char can only go backward to escape, and takes major damage (De-synched blizzrds).

Chaingrabbing should be done on the middle floor on the left or right side. Use the stage properly and its amazing for Ice climbers

Sieguest

Smash Master
So, just how bad is this stage for the ICs?
I know characters with multiple jumps will definitley dominate here, and if Nana is seperated from you then she is a goner. :(

Sieguest

Smash Master
So I think it's time to try and go back and discuss some of the stages that didn't get covered...

I'd also like some feedback on how I can better this thread and make it more useful. I'm open to some ideas :)

So, Delfino is back on the board, I'll post something a little later.

Top Bottom