• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***Idaho Melee/Brawl Power Rankings***

Relhots

Smash Lord
I going to get my friends to join. just send me a message of the next tourny and i will see if we can be there.

gnosis

Smash Lord
uhg idaho...power..rankings..

atleast you guys arent like oregon and make it a top 15 of nobodys
This list wasn't made to impress anyone :p.

"hurr top in idaho", yeah, we know, no one outside of Idaho cares...

edit: How many pages will this thread go before 'lol Idaho' posts stop? Not that I mind them, just curious.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
Man this is so gay now that there are finally people who want to play im not even going to be around.
then don't leave you goober! more people = more spots on the rankings. top 5 turn into a top 7 eventually.
and to the nampa guy, come to the smashfests too. and get your friends to join the boards. :)

knuttz45

Smash Ace
My friend who i just made join is ericbm2
I'd Like to say wow, the Idaho community has DOUBLED in the past week. Great job new guys. the more the merrier. If you guys want to get better, just ask us....hopefully in no time at all, you guys will be challening us for the spots on the list....(if that really matters to some people)

Relhots

Smash Lord
I really dont care for the list but ill still challenge you guys.

I dont think it will help teaching me since i have a wierd playing style with fox.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
I really dont care for the list but ill still challenge you guys.

PS: i dont think it will help teaching me since i have a wierd playing style.
Lists don't really mean anything...it just keeps it competative within the state, we have such a small community that we all really know our place....its not like any kind of ladder or anything. :)

Teaching can be many different ways. WE can give advice and do direct teaching after a match....like one i hear all the time...(knuttz don't do the roll back to the edge..we can always smash you out of it...or kill you over the edge...), but its playing others that teachs what works and what doesn't. Remember, experience is the BEST teacher. (usually)....

And don't think your playing style is weird....there are different ways of playing every character, but they are not wrong at all.

Relhots

Smash Lord
Youre right but my playing style is very very wierd expecially with fox. I'll put it this way, i play the game to its simplest elements I dont need to wavedash or L-cancel i just wait and watch. You might learn something from me, might, but i doubt it.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
Youre right but my playing style is very very wierd expecially with fox. I'll put it this way, i play the game to its simplest elements I dont need to wavedash or L-cancel i just wait and watch. You might learn something from me, might, but i doubt it.
at the very least learn to l-cancel..you need to for recovery time with anyone....waiting defensively is not foxes style....be more aggressive and combo with fox..use his speed...

Relhots

Smash Lord
at the very least learn to l-cancel..you need to for recovery time with anyone....waiting defensively is not foxes style....be more aggressive and combo with fox..use his speed...
\

That why i have a wierd playing style. But its works for me. i wait for an opening or i learn how the other person plays

QraQ

Smash Ace
\

That why i have a wierd playing style. But its works for me. i wait for an opening or i learn how the other person plays
Not to sound condescending but even if it works for you, you have only played people who are not up there in skill level so the whole "wait and attack" thing won't really work against good people cause they see through that kind of junk. Believe me passive defensive players lose more than they win.
Only saying this to help.

-QraQ

Relhots

Smash Lord
Not to sound condescending but even if it works for you, you have only played people who are not up there in skill level so the whole "wait and attack" thing won't really work against good people cause they see through that kind of junk. Believe me passive defensive players lose more than they win.
Only saying this to help.

-QraQ
Trust me, It works. It works for me. you might be right though, i haven't played anyone very good. Im not defensive either. I just wait. I also learn before i attack. But the only people i vs. is l.9 computers. I need a challenge. Even though you guys will kick my butt when i vs. you i dont care. i'll just learn

knuttz45

Smash Ace
Geez, 4th page. Well, we need all of our people to go to IF. I belive that buzz will get a very accurate view on how we all play, so he can make his votes better. All of us have to go idaho...after that, we can have an updated rankings list! Also, anyone let me know if your main changes or something...

ALSO: What do you guys think of female power rankings! (i know we only have 4 girls...)

Relhots

Smash Lord
Geez, 4th page. Well, we need all of our people to go to IF. I belive that buzz will get a very accurate view on how we all play, so he can make his votes better. All of us have to go idaho...after that, we can have an updated rankings list! Also, anyone let me know if your main changes or something...

ALSO: What do you guys think of female power rankings! (i know we only have 4 girls...)
who is the fourth?

knuttz45

Smash Ace
You guys only have a top 5 rankings so a top 4 for the female one would be acceptable.
ha ha, yeah. considering we only have 4 girl smashers...we can't do a top five...well...maybe if BC drops out of our top 5...we can find a way to get him into some kind of top 5....a win win .... ha ha ha ha ha...

i'm only kidding BC...

Relhots

Smash Lord
hes probably messing around...i wouldnt drive 1000+ miles to go play ssbm.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
So...after this tourney...we should have a new vote! ..actually i don't think it would move at all though...except kinx... I think we need kinx vs. chexican for 5th! I think it would be close....

Yamer...if you actually lived here...you might...just might get on... :) (kidding..you know you'd be near the top!) I love you idaho!

knuttz45

Smash Ace
Ah BC, I think this is where the votes come in...I think it would be close. Too bad kinx and Lemon didn't go to IF....anyway discuss rankings after last tourney...

FrankieFreakShow

Smash Apprentice
oh yeah....I remember..:) kinx...you need to get good against marth. :) and Relhots, we didn't. We didn't hav any DVD's...and we were too lazy to get them! I just realized that Buzz lost to the person who got second and third. :)
---Knuttz

Top Bottom