• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ignore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well you don't get juggled, so I already know what your answer is.

And yes, I do. Bad ones at that.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Well, I figured as a typical Samus main... you DI away and go for the ledge? Then get back on the stage and resume?

If he's directly above, plop a bomb and air dodge into it. Frame trap?

The idea of really bad aerial mobility combined with Samus being floaty doesn't strike you as an advantage?

I would like you to check the frame advantage MK gets after hitting Samus in the air with a uair, then how quickly he can follow up with a second. Provided it's done with good timing, Samus cannot bomb during this period. You can SDI the Uair and attempt to get away, but we don't really have "tools" in this MU to stop ourselves getting juggled at lower percentages.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
So you get combo'd at early percents? That's fine, so does every other character in this game. That doesn't break this MU at all.

I was merely referring to the general meaning of juggling. You shouldn't be getting juggled after 50%. And shouldn't be dying until at least 140-150%.

Yeah but if you're caught during an early jump, he can effectivly carry you off the top, or end it with a SL.

True, after 50%, juggling won't really happen as frequently, however, he can still follow up, and this is where I believe the MU becomes a Heavy Disadvantage.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
I agree with that statement. Which is why since months ago, I've stated in certain MUs that Samus shouldn't bother short hopping. I don't use z-air that often in my MK MU.

The idea that MK has the best follow-up options isn't unique to Samus. But, MK has few follow-up options from D-throw. So... what juggler moves can he do that doesn't result in you DIing towards the ledge to reset?

You can DI towards the ledge, but MK will still chase you. If you're on the ledge, you will be getting daired, so there really isn't a reset going on at any point during this time period. Assuming MK has just juggled you for about 50%, then ended it with a SL, you're now DIing towards the ledge, but MK has glided down to the floor WAY before you can get near the ledge. You're still in a negative position, because MK will gimp you.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Sorry, too much theory craft in that paragraph. Just going to leave this:

Dude so I was playing Noid's Samus with my MK for like the first time in months lastnight.

O_O

Samus ain't half bad. I mean, I started doing better as time progressed and I found her weak points but like:

1.) Tornado doesn't phase her. She can get out of it so well.
2.) She's pretty gdlk on Battlefield when she's camping under a platform.
3.) Her walk/dash is reallllly good. Her dash pivot tilts are excellent for spacing.
4.) She has a poopload of gimmicks.

So I take it back. She's not total ***.

Zair is too good.
That was taken from the BBR thread thingymajiggy they did a couple months ago. I didn't know they were discussing Samus at the time because the thread was still private. Fact of the matter is, it was around the time I dropped Sheik permanently (going to pick her up again) for Samus full-time. And when I started re-teaching myself the MK MU to adapt to today's metagame.

I got gimped maybe once a set and never pulled off a spike because he knows how to recover. And still, I made Omni fight for them and we went about 60:40. And every match last hit last stock. Since then, I've improved my MK MU to the point that I'm confident I can beat a majority of all MKs out there.

Instead of complaining about the MU, work it out and get better at it. If you want help, ask for it. Otherwise, don't expect me to start pouring out "productive posts" because it's a waste of my time if no one benefits from it.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Sorry, too much theory craft in that paragraph. Just going to leave this:

That was taken from the BBR thread thingymajiggy they did a couple months ago. I didn't know they were discussing Samus at the time because the thread was still private. Fact of the matter is, it was around the time I dropped Sheik permanently (going to pick her up again) for Samus full-time. And when I started re-teaching myself the MK MU to adapt to today's metagame.

I got gimped maybe once a set and never pulled off a spike because he knows how to recover. And still, I made Omni fight for them and we went about 60:40. And every match last hit last stock. Since then, I've improved my MK MU to the point that I'm confident I can beat a majority of all MKs out there.

Instead of complaining about the MU, work it out and get better at it. If you want help, ask for it. Otherwise, don't expect me to start pouring out "productive posts" because it's a waste of my time if no one benefits from it.

None of that was theorycraft, that is a typical scenario which I have encountered MANY times. Also tbf, I've yet to see any videos of Omni's MK, so I can't say for sure if it's actually decent or not. If it's anything like his Fox, then it's probably superb. I'm not complaining about this MU at all, I'm saying what I've experienced.

Get off your high horse and stop thinking that your god. I have yet to see these superb placements that I thought I'd see from you, so please, don't say that you're good at the MU when I have yet to see any kind of proof you're as valiant at it as you say you are.

Also Xyro, stop with GIFs or you're getting the minor spam.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
I apologize that your Samus is as smart as this guy:

I apologize if I'm inactive and can't get the practice in. Job and school can do that.

But if you're looking for vids of his MK, it's on youtube. There are at least thirty of them from the past two months from the training he does on the side. Look it up just like how I look up every video for my own research...

If you're looking for his results, there aren't many. Because he had (not anymore) 2 full-time jobs and a life to work on. But...

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=291231&highlight=omni
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=285832&highlight=omni

I'm just stating the facts. Also, your juggle scenario? Don't get d-aired on the ledge. It probably happens to you because I know your bad habit of resetting your ledge grab with z-air instead of being patient. If he ends his combo with SL, he can't approach you from either above (u-air clanks with glide attack) or head on (z-air). His best option is to reset and approach by ground in that scenario given you know what to do.

Don't be mad because I know what I'm doing.

I was looking for your tournament results, not his, thanks for sharing however.

Ah kay I'm done dancing with you Noid, that was fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom