• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Akashi

Smash Lord
Kirk's smashfest was really fun:). Unfortunately I only did one $mm with Ike vs Arty's wario. I won, but it wasn't recorded (it wasn't interesting either). However, I did record some doubles of Kirk and my Ike, so hopefully he'll record them, or send the vids my way. I'll have to ask him 1st, but they were pretty hype xD

:phone:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Double Ike doubles? Or wait Kirk uses Bowser now :|

kuro i saw that list twice before seeing it now.

Also i found Ryo's vids in the best vid thread xD after i searched them.

A mk banned in NJ would be nice

Heartstring

Smash Legend

same, mk banned would be nice for apex, but i know alex wont do so for sakes of attendance. theres very few MK's in england, so it doesnt bother me nearly as much as it would if i was anywhere else

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro

NOT THE RECENT ONES! :(

And ya i'm posting it everywhere cuz that tourney was ****ING HYPED AS HELL! :laugh:
same, mk banned would be nice for apex, but i know alex wont do so for sakes of attendance. theres very few MK's in england, so it doesnt bother me nearly as much as it would if i was anywhere else
Nope. No point in doing it for an event aiming to be as big as apex is aiming to be.

Mozz

Smash Apprentice
Well, you got Anti, Nairo, and of course M2K pretty much guaranteed to come to Apex, not to mention Ally who officially mains MK now. GP, if you come to Apex, (please come, I'm trying to as well) you shall see why there is so much pro ban sentiment out there, (though I for some reason hate ICs to a much greater degree than Meta, if nana had a half decent brain I don't think I could ever win against even my bros ICs).

Kirk

Smash Champion
Oh wow, seems like TX isn't the only one doing these banned MK tournies.
We have our own this weekend. :O
Kirk's smashfest was really fun:). Unfortunately I only did one $mm with Ike vs Arty's wario. I won, but it wasn't recorded (it wasn't interesting either). However, I did record some doubles of Kirk and my Ike, so hopefully he'll record them, or send the vids my way. I'll have to ask him 1st, but they were pretty hype xD

:phone:
I'll get those vids up sometime when I get a chance. Fun times were had~
Kirk uses like everyone. He has been going mostly Pit/Ike lately though.
I have taken a strange liking to Pit...first time for a char that doesn't like to be all up in your face lol. But Ike still da bess. :D

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Someone managed all three herons at top three. Used those magic card things I assume.
That's perhaps the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Lol.

I'm just happy I got Ilyana in that top slot because:

1) People don't normally expect her to be the top, rofl. It always seems to be Nephenee or Ike.
2) I didn't try to do it. Just happened.
3) For those of you who don't know, if I ever have a daughter, I want to name her Ilyana. Because I love the name so much. I picked her up and used her in PoR completely because of her name. And she ended up being wonderful.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
So Croi and I are now officially the best team in NS, we won the big one. And I came 5th in singles, which was pretty much my aim. This is our WFs set against the previous best team, and if you don't feel like watching the whole thing, you absolutely have to watch the last ten seconds of the video, the place went nuts after that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiAoyBMNjyY

Edit: Btw, pay attention to the team names, lol. Yes, they were both chosen before the tourney.

:248:

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
*!*

That's a remix of Pandora and Prometheus's theme from MMZX I hear in that video! :D Took me to the 2:50 mark to recognize it. It's one part that is a bit less remixed than the others that made it clear to me. The first 1:07 or so of the song on the first stage.

And lol @ double fart KO.

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
So Croi and I are now officially the best team in NS, we won the big one. And I came 5th in singles, which was pretty much my aim. This is our WFs set against the previous best team, and if you don't feel like watching the whole thing, you absolutely have to watch the last ten seconds of the video, the place went nuts after that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiAoyBMNjyY

Edit: Btw, pay attention to the team names, lol. Yes, they were both chosen before the tourney.

I saw 1 wario and 2 opponents, both at a decent kill range and instantly thought "fart is coming"

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
When i saw the teams, i was like its light heavyweight vs phamtom weight :0

Also shuttle loop would only take 2-4 lives (life stealing) what about the last 2?

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
You guys are the best team after one doubles win? How many have they won?
Actually we've won all of the last 3 big tournaments. The last tournament we didn't win was HellaSmashed 4 last summer. So for about 9 months now we've been unofficially the best team, pending the results of this tourney. Now we've won enough that it's official.

Way to put it all on your teammate.
Well their strategy was pretty much "go super-aggro on Ike and gimp him". I won't lie, they succeeded more times than I'm proud of but they're both really good players.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
When i saw the teams, i was like its light heavyweight vs phamtom weight :0

Also shuttle loop would only take 2-4 lives (life stealing) what about the last 2?
Are you really asking what MK can do in teams? >_>

Anyway, I guess even the old man can show these whippersnappers a thing or two about doubles.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Anyway, I guess even the old man can show these whippersnappers a thing or two about doubles.
Darn tootin'.

Ike has the best set up throws in doubles, shame Wario could only combo out it.
Wait, what do you mean? Wario has some really nice follow-ups for Ike's throws. He can Uair, Fsmash, Waft, Dair, Nair... or even bite them to set-up Ike for a free Usmash. Unless that's not what you meant, your sentence kind of fell apart at the end there, lol.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
case closed, ike wario is a top team
i personally find ike luigi to be a high class team aswell, it works in a similar fashion

Croi

Smash Lord
I only uploaded that video so far because let's be honest, that was the highlight, the showstopper, the "wrap it, fellas, call it a day" moment of HS5 and I'll start on the others once I'm off work. I mean, the fact that the waft was coming is secondary to the fact that it worked so bloody amazingly. And I pulled it off a second time later to slightly less amazing results (one of them lived).

During GFs, their strategy was to have MK go ape**** on Ike while Pikachu distracted me, and I'm ashamed to say it worked for the first seven out of ten matches. After that, it was strictly me vs MK and any time MK tried to aggravate Ike while I wasn't being bodied by Pikachu, I would just tell him that I wasn't done with him yet or that he was still dancing with me and then we destroyed them in match 10.

Over the course of the tourney, Ike probably played off me more than I played off him, tbh. But the fact that we approached some kind of 60-40 consistency was what made us better than the rest of them. Being ****ing amazing at what we do also helped.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I mean Wario just combo'd out of your throws Sharkie. Granted its still good~ just Wario doesn't get any low % kills besides waft. Fsmash is fairly okay but limited in range.

Low % kills like how you fsmash'd after Wario's dthrow twice in the set.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Ah I see what you mean, yah it's definitely more rewarding for Wario to get a grab with Ike behind him at 50% or higher. Croi often reserves his wafts for when I get a grab unless he gets a good opportunity otherwise. The guy has a sixth sense for knowing exactly when to waft. Plus Wario can probably re-grab people after an Ike Bthrow or Fthrow, his grab is really good, but we've never tried that.

@Croi, I remember you actually said to Parker "No, you're dancing with me" when it was just us and him left at the end of the last match and he was relentlessly gunning for me. Then you got a grab and it was over, lol.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
If they're using it that often, I wouldn't find it a problem. We've got Aether and Eruption.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Have you seen 2 MKs take turns nadoing?

See m2k & Anti vs San & dabuz

Granted san and dabuz don't have team history which is why i wonder how sharkie would deal with it.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i can imagine ike in general in that positino will end up with a great deal of time of the edge. main attack aether and fair XD

Top Bottom