• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Heartstring

Smash Legend
hmm, for ike team partner's anything which can help him get the kill is probably his better partner's, also those who can safely rack up damage, the 3 best partners for ike imo are (in no particular order) Mk, Snake and D3. as for a low tier doubles tournament having samus as a partner is probably a very good team providing they can space zair very well

FD96

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the replies! I think we are probably going to stick with a MK Ike team.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yea, if you feel like teaming with somebody else, a good partner would be D3 or GnW imo. GnW is already good in doubles, he racks up damage, can save you from off stage, and has quick kill moves you can use your throw to. D3...CG offstage to Ike spike = win.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
As for saving Ike, it's incredibly important to note that you have to hit him from behind while he's doing Aether or you're likely to get sucked in and die with him. If the Ike isn't going to make it then he has to reverse aether away from the stage so MK has time to get over and hit him. Also, it helps if the Ike stalls in the air with counter to give the MK partner enough time to get over to him.
If the ike isn't going to make it either way, he's probably better off QDing while MK up airs him. You dont run the risk of ****ing up aether.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Ike and Zero Suit Spamus is a good team. Also I like Ike/Wolf. Wolf has a d-throw setup to Ike's f-smash. And ZSS has a d-smash to d-smash to Ike's f-smash.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
DK with Ike is pretty nice imo. Don't have to be the only one killing, throw combos into each other, massive amounts of range everywhere.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Ganon Ike is pretty solid too, until they get next to each other. Then they start team attacking each other...

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
What about Counter stalling to give MK more time to save you? You'd just have to be careful not to counter the MK's Uair. I mean sure you can really only counter stall like... twice, but it would still give you more time than a QD, and be quite a lot safer than an Aether.

:034:

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
i assume you are talking about your video "when the tough get going" loved that vid.
Lmao, yah that's an example of best-possible case scenario when you're against the double MK team as Ike and DK. That vid made my day when I first saw it.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
If that happens, I'll team with a fox and go to low ceilings.
epic halberd counterpick.

hey guys, has anyone else notices that the ceiling's on all 6 of the normal neutrals (bf, fd, sv, yi, lylat and ps1) are all the same height?
**** bricks when i found that out, i always thought lylat has much lower vertical boundaries than fd

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
i always thought lylat has much lower vertical boundaries than fd
I always thought Lylat had a higher ceiling than the others... where did you find out that they're all the same? It really seems like Lylat has a higher ceiling and maybe BF has a slightly lower one.

metroid1117

Smash Master
I always thought Lylat had a higher ceiling than the others... where did you find out that they're all the same? It really seems like Lylat has a higher ceiling and maybe BF has a slightly lower one.

It does seem like BF has a slightly lower ceiling than FD, but just try it out in Training Mode; all characters die off the top in BF at the same % as they would at FD. I'm surprised about Lylat being the same, but I guess it's because the stage itself is curved and it tilts so much that you can't get an accurate feel for the ceiling.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
It does seem like BF has a slightly lower ceiling than FD, but just try it out in Training Mode; all characters die off the top in BF at the same % as they would at FD. I'm surprised about Lylat being the same, but I guess it's because the stage itself is curved and it tilts so much that you can't get an accurate feel for the ceiling.
That makes sense about Lylat I guess, but I'm still a bit skeptical. It must be the platforms on BF that give the slight illusion of a lower ceiling. I just always thought a slightly higher ceiling was one of the reasons to take Fox to Lylat, along with his recovery and lasers getting wrecked by stage tilting.

Edit: Just tested and yah, it's true. With no DI or momentum cancel, Utilt KOs Fox at exactly 90% fresh on FD, BF and Lylat (did it from the very center of Lylat so there was no change in elevation... also re-tested many times).

Max113

Smash Apprentice
Really? o_O

Does Halberd have the lowest ceiling?

green greens also has a really low ceiling and not too much horizontal space could be a ike counter pick. abuse super armor with bomb pillars, platform camp. we were gonna talk about it on the snake boards as a mk CP but it never went anywhere.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
green greens also has a really low ceiling and not too much horizontal space could be a ike counter pick. abuse super armor with bomb pillars, platform camp. we were gonna talk about it on the snake boards as a mk CP but it never went anywhere.
Considering how well snake lives the MORE lateral space you give him all around, why would green greens ever be considered? MK dies early regardless, a low ceiling with normal side walls makes sense for snake, small side walls makes it easier for MK to take you out.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Indeed.

Where did Mario get the points BTW? O_o I don't remember anyone using, him, but it's been such a long time since the last update...

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
The results were around what I expected. I guess snake still remained pretty high because of MLG (although not getting 1st). Just confused what ROBs are even placing tbqh.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Indeed.

Where did Mario get the points BTW? O_o I don't remember anyone using, him, but it's been such a long time since the last update...
A2 probably trolled them hard enough that they gave in.

On AiB, there are some good Mario players, but I'm not sure if they play offline.

Considering how well snake lives the MORE lateral space you give him all around, why would green greens ever be considered? MK dies early regardless, a low ceiling with normal side walls makes sense for snake, small side walls makes it easier for MK to take you out.
f-tilt could kill mk even it being stale. Di into falling blocks and tech them for occasional saves, mk forced to approach through platform or in middle. there were a couple of reasons

Heartstring

Smash Legend
f-tilt could kill mk even it being stale. Di into falling blocks and tech them for occasional saves, mk forced to approach through platform or in middle. there were a couple of reasons
personally if ftilt is stale then something is slightly wrong. its a killing move and really shouldnt be stale unless punishing a high-recovering ike or a badly spacing marth

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
personally if ftilt is stale then something is slightly wrong. its a killing move and really shouldnt be stale unless punishing a high-recovering ike or a badly spacing marth
I think he means Snake's Ftilt.

Speaking of which, let's leave Snake's stage discussion in the Snake boards guys.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Didn't you just make one your self? o.o

And so did I just now XD
It's not just that it was one line.

It's that it was completely unimportant and irrelevant (in this case because Corneria is a banned stage).

If it had been a legal stage, the post probably would have had its place here.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
So I just used my first Counter in like... months if not years. I was fighting Stark (the Ike main) in an AiB ladder set. I had the lead by percents, it was our first stock each. He started charging an Fsmash, I waited, fell into it, Countered... he waited and when it was fully charged my Counter frames must have just ended, so he full-charge Fsmashed me at like 35% for the KO. Completely ruined my momentum and I ended up losing, it was game 3 in our set.

So no. I will never use Counter again. I don't care if it has uses, and I don't care if I just don't use it enough to get the timing right... I am never using it again.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Spam dash attack on wifi and you win. ;D
I've been doing well on ladder just because of it actually, I never knew how to use it well until recently. lol

earla

Smash Lord
ok. how do i deal with players that plank?

what are ikes best options.

vs pit? eg. pit is u-airing + shooting arrows from edge.

if i'm to try and attack him there, i might put myself in a bad position?

tips please>?

Top Bottom