• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IM GONNA WRECK IT! Wreck-It Ralph for SSB4

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Actually, it was said in an interview that the "Mario and Luigi" were too expensive thing was merely a joke that was taken literally.

What really prevented their appearance was that they didn't really have a place for them to warrant paying to use them. I mean, with Bowser, he's a villain, so he'd be in the Bad Anon meeting (though he shouldn't have been there, as he was never an ARCADE villain).
Sonic? Anyone remember the Sonic Sez segments on the old cartoon? Him being a PSA for out of game deaths makes perfect sense.

http://www.firstshowing.net/2012/video-interview-wreck-it-ralph-director-rich-moore-on-mario-more/

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Actually, it was said in an interview that the "Mario and Luigi" were too expensive thing was merely a joke that was taken literally.

What really prevented their appearance was that they didn't really have a place for them to warrant paying to use them. I mean, with Bowser, he's a villain, so he'd be in the Bad Anon meeting (though he shouldn't have been there, as he was never an ARCADE villain).
Sonic? Anyone remember the Sonic Sez segments on the old cartoon? Him being a PSA for out of game deaths makes perfect sense.

http://www.firstshowing.net/2012/video-interview-wreck-it-ralph-director-rich-moore-on-mario-more/
Which is why i said what i said. :bee: (Never going near Peach. At least from what we know)

Oh yeah, completely forgot about that Sonic Sez segment. I was wondering why it was so familiar...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Bowser was an arcade villain. I use to play Super Mario Bros in the arcade all the time. I didn't even realize it was on the NES back in the early 90's until I found a copy

Pichu4SSB4

You're not going Turbo?

SMB was on the arcades under the title VS. Super Mario Bros, so Bowser does have history with the arcades.

As for Mario and Luigi being in the movie, they are a consideration for the possible sequel to Wreck-It Ralph which is already being discussed. This way they can play a bigger role rather than just having a cameo. But then again, Fix-It Felix did a good job at being a Mario-esque character.

Reyson

Smash Journeyman
If SSB4 is still pretty early in production now, wouldn't Wreck-It-Ralph's novelty have worn off by the time the game is done?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If SSB4 is still pretty early in production now, wouldn't Wreck-It-Ralph's novelty have worn off by the time the game is done?
Not if the inevitable sequel is being promoted around the same time SSB4 is released.

However Ralph is one of the last characters I'd like to see in this game. (Not that Sakurai would even consider him for a second)

Yitsul

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yitsul
3DS FC
2105-8677-5210
Switch FC
5599 8083 2114
no not this anything but this! I do not want Disney tainting smash bros. I would love it if a mod closed this.

D

Deleted member

no not this anything but this! I do not want Disney tainting smash bros. Some mod please close this! I want this thread to have the same fate as Mickey's thread except for that stupid reopening
You should be banned for this.

For one, unlike the Mickey thread, Ralph is technically NOT inelligible due to the fact that, as said repeatedly, a real arcade cabinet for the Fix-It Felix Jr. game he is the villain of was made prior to the release of the movie, and he has appeared on a Nintendo console.
While heavily unlikely due to Disney's overall cooperation level when it comes to their characters in fighting games (though someone like Ralph could possibly be an exception, due to not being a stranger to video game violence), he is not impossible to the point that discussion of him should be restricted to the Impossible Characters Thread.

Two, just because you don't like the character doesn't mean the thread should be closed. How about I go into one of your character discussion threads for one I don't like and demand the thread be closed? You wouldn't like it, now would you?

Three, if you're so heavily against the idea, why not simply not post in the thread, and let those who actually want to discuss this idea and give concepts do so without any whiny raging?

Yitsul

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yitsul
3DS FC
2105-8677-5210
Switch FC
5599 8083 2114
I said what I already said, that's all I felt that I needed to do, I just wanted to express my opinion, not start any fights, because it looks like you want to fight. not digging it.

D

Deleted member

I don't want to fight. Just want you to not be selfish and bratty.

Also, don't bother trying to cover up what you said to seem as though I'm attacking you for your opinion. People can see the original post I quoted.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
no not this anything but this! I do not want Disney tainting smash bros. I would love it if a mod closed this.
You know, it's a horrible thing to want something censored JUST because you don't like it

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
You know, it's a horrible thing to want something censored JUST because you don't like it
I agree with PsychoIncarnate. when I don't like a character I just don't support it and not whine about it, because I respect other people's opinions: something that people like Yitsul clearly don't. it's shameful that some people have such a childish behavior like this. /rant

besides, it's as Golden said (quoted below), this character is eligible for a Smash Bros. appearence, so it's not an impossibility.

By the way, I have the proof about the arcade cabinet.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cvErIWbwZI&feature=related

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Is this really what this board's boiled down to? Pretty sad. Or pathetic, depending on how you look at it...face it. Some people have different opinions than you do and have a right to show them. Shocker, right?

D

Deleted member

I am currently reworking my moveset to be less "Movie" Ralph, and more "Game" Ralph, even incorporating wrecking balls from his Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed appearance.

So yeah, the Glitch and Hero's Duty moves I gave him will be replaced.

EDIT: I even got an Entrance for him;
Ralph, sleeping in his stump, is being carried to the stage by a forklift, which tosses him to his spot. He wakes up enraged and ready to fight.
EDIT: And I even got a Victory Theme for him. A remix of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W158BOQpsRM

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I said what I already said, that's all I felt that I needed to do, I just wanted to express my opinion, not start any fights, because it looks like you want to fight. not digging it.
Get out and never come back into this thread.

I don't need someone being a d*ck about not wanting a character.

I am currently reworking my moveset to be less "Movie" Ralph, and more "Game" Ralph, even incorporating wrecking balls from his Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed appearance.

So yeah, the Glitch and Hero's Duty moves I gave him will be replaced.

EDIT: I even got an Entrance for him;
Ralph, sleeping in his stump, is being carried to the stage by a forklift, which tosses him to his spot. He wakes up enraged and ready to fight.
EDIT: And I even got a Victory Theme for him. A remix of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W158BOQpsRM
Alright, i'll change the OP.

D

Deleted member

I was considering this for an Up Special. Tell me what you think:

Up Special: Wreckopter- A mini platform appears under Ralph's feet being propelled upwards with wrecking ball propellors (similar to Ralph's All-Star Move in Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing). Ralph stares dumbfoundedly at the platform until it disappears.

I feel it could use a little work.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I was considering this for an Up Special. Tell me what you think:

Up Special: Wreckopter- A mini platform appears under Ralph's feet being propelled upwards with wrecking ball propellors (similar to Ralph's All-Star Move in Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing). Ralph stares dumbfoundedly at the platform until it disappears.

I feel it could use a little work.
I like it a lot actually. It could be a good defensive move when trying to get back to the stage.

:phone:

D

Deleted member

One change I was considering for it was that if need to, Ralph can jump off the platform similar to how Snake can let go of the Cypher.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Maybe his final smash can be Wreck it Rage when he goes invincible and can punch people off the screen with speed equal to super wario?
It's just b/c he was a big wimp in his heroes duty suit :-P

Big Mac

Banned via Warnings
I like how people propose he'd be a clone of Donkey Kong when DK has the single most generic moveset in the entire game.

A DK clone would be more obvious than even Captain Falcon/Ganondorf.

D

Deleted member

Maybe his final smash can be Wreck it Rage when he goes invincible and can punch people off the screen with speed equal to super wario?
It's just b/c he was a big wimp in his heroes duty suit :-P
I've already cut that out due to being more "Movie" than "Game".
But yeah, I've considered a rage filled Final Smash....*strokes beard*

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
Final Smash idea: Ralph gets in a crane in the foreground and can swing a wrecking ball at the stage!

D

Deleted member

I have considered something with a wrecking ball, but it doesn't really scream "Ralph" to me as it does "Foreman Spike".

Besides, I already have wrecking balls for his Up Special.

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
Diddy has his popgun for a move and a final smash. But I can get what your saying, haha.

Hers some more:

1. Ralph grabs one opoonent and throws them on the ground and begins to pummel them with his fists incredible fast, causing massive damage over the course of about 3 seconds. Then Ralph holds them up by the head and sends them flying with one super strong punch, which also effects anyone else in the punch hitbox. If performed in the air, Ralph will grab the opponent then fall untill Ralph slams them on the ground, causing extra damage, then continuing the final smash. Performing in the air is a high hisk, high reward option, as ralph may fall off the screen with the opponent if he's not careful.

2. Ralph eats a citizen's pie and becomes invincible, kinda what Pacman9 said.

3. Ralph floats to the very top of the screen, just right before becoming microscoped, and a platform made of huge bricks appears on the entire top of the screen that only Ralph can stand on. Ralph can move back and forth on the platform and slam the plaform to make huge bricks fall at very fast speeds. The bricks pass though anything untill they fall at the bottom of the screen. In comparison, its kinda like a PK starstorm that you can control and lasts much longer.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
How about some construction equipment comes onto the screen and creates a building, then Ralph wrecks it, raining debris on opponents

D

Deleted member

I see a bunch of good ideas. I'm unsure which to choose.

Though Psycho's idea so far sounds the best IMO. To go with the shirt I have, it could be called 1-Man Wrecking Crew.
I need to think this over...

EDIT:
Smashes are done.

Forward Smash: DK's old Forward Smash from 64. You know which one I'm talking about; the big slap.

Up Smash: Punches upward with both fists.

Down Smash: Faces the camera and slams the ground 4 times, alternating between fists. This is his normal method of wrecking in the Fix-It Felix Jr. game.

Yitsul

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yitsul
3DS FC
2105-8677-5210
Switch FC
5599 8083 2114
I want to apologize for overreacting, I know my personal interests got in the way of things...

Metal_Sonic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darktriforce1990
3DS FC
0216-0895-5308
Maybe his final smash could be wrecking a building with bricks falling on the characters with a 8-bit version of the game music from Fix It Felix Jr playing till his final smash finishes.

D

Deleted member

I actually was considering that.

Also, a user by the name of GigaPichu on the Super Smash Bros. Crusade Forums had made a moveset for Ralph, and while keeping him true to his games, he also included Vanellope as a little tag-along since they're supposed to be an epic team. They have an interesting gimmick.

Wreck-It Ralph joins the Crusade!

He Smashes! He Crashes! He's Gonna Wreck It!

Ralph Joins the Crusade with a huge arsenal of Punches, Kicks, and... well, Punches and Kicks.
no wait, what's this?
a tagalong?

Vanellope joins the Crusade alongside Ralph!

She isn't supposed to actually be there, but now that she came along too, why not help her best buddy?

Thanks to Vanellope, Ralph is able to use his moves in ways you would've never imagined. For several attacks, he is able to be 'Glitched' around by Vanellope, allowing him to do moves in much more confusing ways, with much more crazy and devestating effects. Ralph may not have the greatest walking speed, but thanks to Vanellope, he will be able to move around much easier.

Not only that, but a 'special' mechanic comes default with them being on the battlefield together. Ralph won't let any harm come to Vanellope, so if you so much as touch her, you'll be getting a face full of Giant Fist (not the DK kind), in the form of a nifty and unique auto-counter move.

Ralphs most major downside is that he's a heavy character, which obviously means he can be comboed easier than others. Hopefully with the help of his Candy-Coated friend, opponents wont be able to catch him, let alone combo him.

MOVESET:
Jab Combo: Rapid Wrecking

Ralph will throw a punch, then another punch. This can be done in semi-rapid succession, allowing Ralph to effectively keep opponents away from his front for a bit. It will also combo into itself if done right.

Side Tilt: Wrecker Punch

Ralph will lean back a bit, and then deliver a huge punch. It doesn’t do massive knockback, but has fairly decent hitstun. (It can be affected by Vanellope)

Up Tilt: Wreckin’ Flex

Ralph will flex his arms upwards, similar to his classic pose. This will hit from his sides, and if hit on the first hit, it hits multiple times. It will send opponents upwards. (It can be affected by Vanellope)

Down Tilt: Wrecker Kick

Ralph will do a small kick. The kick will combo into itself for at least 2 hits, as it causes minimal knockback and decent hitstun. (It can be affected by Vanellope)

Side Smash: Gargantuan Backhand

Ralph will do a backhand slap to the opponent. It is basically a generic kill move with fairly decent range, and has some endlag. (It can be affected by Vanellope. When Vanellope glitches Ralph into the air for this move, Ralph will do a belly flop to the ground, causing a bury state to anyone hit by him as he falls and lands.)

Up Smash: Gargantuan Lift

Ralph will ready his fists on the ground in front of him, then hoist them up high up over his head with mighty force. This move is his most powerful kill move, thus has the most lag, starting and ending. (It can be affected by Vanellope. When Vanellope glitches Ralph into the air for this move, Instead of the lag, it will become a multi-hitting, no-knockback rapid spinning backflip move with much less endlag.)

Down Smash: Gargantuan Quake

Ralph will put both fists above his head, and slam them down with mighty force, enough to crack a large boulder (or, Jawbreaker) in two. Some of the ground around him will also be crushed, causing fragments to fly out. Anyone near his fists will be put into a bury state, and anyone not in the main hitbox will be hit by the less damaging but irritating fragments. (It can be affected by Vanellope. If Vanellope glitches Ralph into the air for this move, Ralph will plummet down like a meteor, increasing the more damaging hitbox, but losing the extra effects like burying and fragments.)

Dash Attack: Foot Slide

Ralph will kick out his foot and slide forwards a bit. Does good sideways knockback.

Nair: Wreckin’ Lariat

Ralph will do a spinning Lariat in the air. He is impervious to knockback while he is spinning. Does multiple hits.

Fair: Wreckin’ Dunk

Ralph will slam his fist downwards. This will be a Meteor Smash at his fist, but also be an all-around hitbox everywhere else.

Bair: Vanellope Pummel

Ralph will avoid doing a backwards hit, not wanting to hit Vanellope, so instead Vanellope will do a rapid barrage of random attacks. These attacks are fairly weak, doing minimal damage and almost no knockback, but they can be used to follow up into other attacks.

Uair: Wreckin’ High Kick

Ralph will kick upwards with both feet. It is a surprisingly strong move with a long lasting hitbox that gets weaker as the move lasts.

Dair: Wreckin’ Drop

Ralph will do a shoulder tackle diagonally downwards. This attack will knock opponents diagonally downwards as well if they are hit with his arm. Otherwise, it is an all-around hitbox.

Neutral Special: Brick Toss

Ralph will take out a brick, and toss it. The brick travels in an arc similar to Mario’s fireball, only faster and will not bounce. If the Special button is pressed again while the brick is flying, Vanellope will glitch to the flying brick and kick it either forwards, backwards, up, or down. If it is kicked forwards it will just increase the diagonal distance. If it is kicked backwards it will fly back towards Ralph (most likely in case he is about to be attacked after tossing the brick), If it is kicked Up it will travel up a bit, then fall, doing standard damage, and if kicked down, it will be a spike.

Side Special: Wreck-it Rushdown

Ralph will run forwards, doing a Wario-style shoulder tackle. It does pretty good damage and has super armor, and it can be cancelled into other moves, making it an ideal approach move. Vanellope can also glitch Ralph once during this move, allowing it even more tricky approach options.

Up Special: Glitch Teleport

Ralph will look helpless for a second, and then Vanellope will grab onto him, glitching him in any direction chosen for a fairly long-ranged recovery.

Down Special: I’m Gonna Wreck It!

Ralph will do his classic Wrecking Maneuver. He will begin to pound the ground, causing bricks to come up from the ground and fly about. If a direction is pressed, Ralph will move in that direction slowly. The flying bricks will cause minimal damage, but they fly decently far and be good cover. Ralph also has Super Armor during this move.

Fthrow: Hoist

Ralph will hoist the opponent forwards, doing pretty decent forwards knockback.

Bthrow: Sandbag

Instead of doing something himself, still not wanting to hit Vanellope by accident, Ralph will hold the opponent in front of Vanellope, who proceeds to take a boxing pose and deliver several jabs to the opponent, finishing by kicking them away. This does multiple hits, and slight backwards knockback.

Uthrow: Crushing Headbutt

Ralph will headbutt the opponent upwards. Has decently high hitstun.

Dthrow: Bone Wrecker

Ralph will smash the opponent into the ground with his fist. This will put them into the Dead state automatically, doing serious damage.

Final Smash: Wreckopter

Ralph's Helicopter from Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing Transformed will appear on the stage! Ralph will hop in and take the wheel, and Vanellope will climb in behind him. The copter can be freely controlled, albeit somewhat clumsily. If the attack button is pressed, Ralph will activate the Copters Twin-Wrecking Balls to spin around the underside, causing huge damage and knockback. This lasts for 15 seconds.

D

Deleted member

If grouping with villains for the sake of grouping villains, then yeah, I think Ralph would be included with them because it's his job.

However, if like in a story mode, considering that Ralph is not really that bad of a guy (even in his home game; he's just a giant that's angry about his home being taken from him), he seems like he'd be willing to help out the good guys if he doesn't simply remain neutral.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Pretty much. I can't see Ralph joining up with Ganon. I actually think that Ralph would naturally dislike a guy like Ganondorf.

:phone:

D

Deleted member

I just wonder if Sakurai will go see Sugar Rush when it comes out. :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom