• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IM GONNA WRECK IT! Wreck-It Ralph for SSB4

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

That link is misleading.
Made me believe that the director of the film was going to see if he get Ralph in Smash.
But the very fact he mentions Smash Bros. as a type of game to look into....interesting....

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
It seemed like he only made a passing reference to Smash Bros.

Now I'm thinking they'll probably make their own version of Smash Bros.

D

Deleted member

Wouldn't surprise me. Apparently a scrapped project for a Disney game was an "action figure fighting game like Smash". Concept art had Ursula, John Silver, Captain Hook, Beast, Sheriff of Nottingham, King Louie, Queen of Hearts, and Horned King as fighters.
I would imagine that if they revisited the concept, Ralph would be one of the characters.

Now that I think about it, a fighting game where I can play as both Wreck-It Ralph and Simba would be kickass. Maybe if they revived Maui Mallard/Cold Shadow as a bonus character, and it'd be a Day 1 purchase for me.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'd so main Winnie the Pooh.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'd probably main Tarzan, cause people used to call me that.

DoubleAgentXies616

Smash Rookie
This would be a very pleasant surprise. Though all the points mentioned in the first thread message are true, it is still a possibility if Sakurai wants. He knows how to please the fans (Snake and Sonic on Brawl were the example), so just to get BIGGER sales, he definetly should put Ralph on the game.
I don't think it'd have to be a DK clone, he's got big arms, but he hits with them, he does not clap with them. DK attacks with the palms of his hands. Ralph's arms would be like massive hammers, probably making him a D3-like character, with slow but powerful smashes like Ike but great reach, and (why not?), fast attacks.

Anyway, a collab between Disney and Nintendo is not too impossible to dream about, I mean, if it's for the money, why wouldn't any of they do it? Bowser did appear on Ralph's movie, just to PLEASE the fans.
And about Ralph not being a videogame character, that's true, but his movie is about videogames, so what's the problem?
Really, who wouldn't want him in???

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
This would be a very pleasant surprise. Though all the points mentioned in the first thread message are true, it is still a possibility if Sakurai wants. He knows how to please the fans (Snake and Sonic on Brawl were the example), so just to get BIGGER sales, he definetly should put Ralph on the game.
I don't think it'd have to be a DK clone, he's got big arms, but he hits with them, he does not clap with them. DK attacks with the palms of his hands. Ralph's arms would be like massive hammers, probably making him a D3-like character, with slow but powerful smashes like Ike but great reach, and (why not?), fast attacks.

Anyway, a collab between Disney and Nintendo is not too impossible to dream about, I mean, if it's for the money, why wouldn't any of they do it? Bowser did appear on Ralph's movie, just to PLEASE the fans.
And about Ralph not being a videogame character, that's true, but his movie is about videogames, so what's the problem?
Really, who wouldn't want him in???
What? Just... what?
Anyway isn't this considered an impossible character?
And by the way if Smash Bros. wants to lose a consumer he simply has to put random anime/movie characters in it. There's NOTHING worse I can think of, not even a broken gameplay.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
We can have this thread but can't have a Banjo thread?

This world we live in.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630

This world we live in.
Yeah, you know, because Nintendo let them use their characters then obviously Disney/Pixar has to let them use their characters in Smash. It's in like every legal contract between game companies. The crossover clause. Have any sort of relation and it means you have to put your characters in their fighting game. That's just how business works. That's why we're getting five Namco characters that nobody cares about.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Apparently, Ralph is possible but Banjo isn't. :urg:

But seriously, I'm against adding a movie character to Nintendo crossover. (I have a general bias against 3rd parties as well.)

Yeah, you know, because Nintendo let them use their characters then obviously Disney/Pixar has to let them use their characters in Smash. It's in like every legal contract between game companies. The crossover clause. Have any sort of relation and it means you have to put your characters in their fighting game. That's just how business works. That's why we're getting five Namco characters that nobody cares about.
You are being Sarcastic, aren't you?

DoubleAgentXies616

Smash Rookie
What? Just... what?
Anyway isn't this considered an impossible character?
And by the way if Smash Bros. wants to lose a consumer he simply has to put random anime/movie characters in it. There's NOTHING worse I can think of, not even a broken gameplay.
What part of it did you not understand?
I don't think it's impossible!
I mean, all we (some of us) are doing here is HOPING he'll be there, no confirmation or no denying he'll be in the game has been announced, right?
It wouldn't be random, consider Wreck-It-Ralph as the first official collaboration between videogame and movie franchises. It's something to remember, why not something to take advantage of?
I'm sure he'd be very well received. He's not a random movie character.

I can debate but not without any counter-arguments.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
What part of it did you not understand?
I don't think it's impossible!
I mean, all we (some of us) are doing here is HOPING he'll be there, no confirmation or no denying he'll be in the game has been announced, right?
It wouldn't be random, consider Wreck-It-Ralph as the first official collaboration between videogame and movie franchises. It's something to remember, why not something to take advantage of?
I'm sure he'd be very well received. He's not a random movie character.

I can debate but not without any counter-arguments.
No that's not what I meant. The fact that someone actually wants Ralph in Sm4sh is absurd. And what do you mean by first official collaboration? Even the Mario Bros. movie was official, and a collaboration. I want a Bob Hoskins alternate costume for Mario then.

Ralph isn't technically impossible since nothing really is. But a topic for him questions all the random rules this board has.
But then anyway, Ralph is impossible for a reason of common sense. Sakurai won't do something this stupid.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero

This world we live in.
Well lets see.....Ralph's game came out BEFORE his movie and he has the arcade cabinet that they made to advertise the movie.

Banjo is Microsoft first party. Not hard to put two and two together now. :bee:

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Well lets see.....Ralph's game came out BEFORE his movie and he has the arcade cabinet that they made to advertise the movie.

You really lack of common sense if you think that Ralph is a videogame character before than a movie character.
And by the way, Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge (and even Banjo Pilot if I'm not mistaken) came out on the GBA after Microsoft bought Rare. Just sayin'.

Now I was just kidding since I opened a topic twice about a character which already had one. In both cases the previous topic was simply a "Ehi lol this guy should be in" and mine was a very detailed moveset. Still my topic were moved since it was against THE LAAAWWW. So I was just making a little bit of flame for the lulz, this topic is fine anyway.

Still, Ralph IS NOT going to be in Sm4sh.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
You really lack of common sense if you think that Ralph is a videogame character before than a movie character.
And by the way, Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge (and even Banjo Pilot if I'm not mistaken) came out on the GBA after Microsoft bought Rare. Just sayin'.

Now I was just kidding since I opened a topic twice about a character which already had one. In both cases the previous topic was simply a "Ehi lol this guy should be in" and mine was a very detailed moveset. Still my topic were moved since it was against THE LAAAWWW. So I was just making a little bit of flame for the lulz, this topic is fine anyway.

Still, Ralph IS NOT going to be in Sm4sh.
Why do you even think that i believe he'll be in smash? Your just assuming i do believe it because i made this thread. So please, actually think before assuming and attacking me. Also, that doesn't change the fact that Ralph IS eligible.

EDIT: Guess what? Microsoft isn't letting Rare make handhelds games anymore. They closed down their handheld division for a reason. (Even if they made a few games for Nintendo's handheld systems, it doesn't mean a thing anymore)

peeup

Smash Lord
Yikes. And here I thought it was common sense to assume that a character who's first appearance being in a videogame could be considered a videogame character. Man I need to get me some of that common sense stuff.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
Yikes. And here I thought it was common sense to assume that a character who's first appearance being in a videogame could be considered a videogame character. Man I need to get me some of that common sense stuff.
Lucario's first appearance was a movie, should he be considered a movie character? :troll:

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Why do you even think that i believe he'll be in smash? Your just assuming i do believe it because i made this thread. So please, actually think before assuming and attacking me. Also, that doesn't change the fact that Ralph IS eligible.

EDIT: Guess what? Microsoft isn't letting Rare make handhelds games anymore. They closed down their handheld division for a reason. (Even if they made a few games for Nintendo's handheld systems, it doesn't mean a thing anymore)
I wasn't attacking you, really. Maybe on the first part because yes, Ralph is not a videogame character. He's a movie character which also happened to be in a videogame. Same as Lucario but in reverse.

I thought that the second part of my post was enough to make clear that I don't have anything against this topic, why should I. I have A LOT against Ralph appearing in Smash though. And I don't think he's eligible. It's not hard to understand Sakurai's way of thinking, what you do is just take his sentences, find loopholes, tweak them. Like a lawyer. lol

D

Deleted member

In summation, this can be shortened up to this:

Possible? Yes. He's a character of gaming origin that has appeared on Nintendo, and isn't owned by Nintendo's enemy like B-K.
Likely? No. Being that Disney owns his rights, that's obviously a major hurdle in itself. Another is the fact that Ralph isn't requested much for Smash. The only way he's getting in is if Sakurai decides to add him on a whim (though that would go against his statement on adding guests "willy-nilly"), or if a deal is made between Disney and Nintendo for the sequel like what happened with Sega in the first movie.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I'm sorry to have to repeat myself, but he's not a character of gaming origin. If really the first appearance counts, then he appeared in a trailer. A movie trailer. But there's no need to bring that up since the cabinet of Fix-It Felix was simple merchandising. Like when a Pixar movie is coming out and you find little toys in Happy Meals. It's the same thing.

Oh yeah my mistake, forgot you put me on ignore lol. What sadness.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704

Yeah but Ralph is a piece of Disney byproduct crap. And Banjo Kazooie is a legend.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Wreck-It Ralph was a nice, even if a little overrated, movie.
Nuts & Bolts is the most underrated gem of the generation, an amazing game actually. If Banjo-Kazooie wasn't in the title it would be one of the most envied exclusive on 360.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Wreck-It Ralph was a nice, even if a little overrated, movie.
Nuts & Bolts is the most underrated gem of the generation, an amazing game actually. If Banjo-Kazooie wasn't in the title it would be one of the most envied exclusive on 360.
It would have been good if it was meant to be a parody of Legos.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Didn't say it was a bad game. I was saying that it would have been good if it was a parody of Legos and not a "Banjo-Kazooie" game. Notice the quotes.
Umh I can understand it but the substance doesn't change. StarFox Adventures: would it really be that different if we played only with Krystal instead of Fox? The game would have been the same.
You can consider Nuts & Bolts a spin-off. What's the problem with that. Even Mario had something to do with cars, no?
Grunty's Revenge for example is much more similar to the first games, but it's a lot worse than Nuts & Bolts.
I'll never get this kind of hate the game gets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom