• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IMDB - Sept. 17 Madison, WI

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
IMDB
(back In Madison [Double Bowser])

Date: Saturday, September 17, 2011

Location: Carson’s Carryout second floor, 1515 Tripp Circle Madison, Wisconsin
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q...code_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CBYQ8gEwAA

Location "A" on the map. Go in the front door and up the stairs to your left.

If you switch to satellite view, you can see just to the East a huge, free parking lot literally 20 yards from the venue! It’s labeled “Lot 34.”

Prices: $3.00 venue fee (waived with full setup)
$10.00 Melee singles
$20.00 Melee doubles ($10 per person)
$10.00 Brawl singles
$20.00 Brawl doubles ($10 per person)
$5.00 Smash 64
$10.00 MvC 3
$10.00 SSF4

Payout: 60/30/10 doubles
60/30/10 singles

If 30+ entrants,
1st- 55%
2nd – 25%
3rd- 10%
4th- 5%
5th- 2.5% each

Schedule:

11:00 AM - Venue opens/registration starts
12:00 PM - Brawl doubles
12:00 PM – Melee doubles
1:00 PM - MvC 3
3:00 PM - Brawl singles
3:00 PM - SSF 4
4:00 PM – Melee singles
6:00 PM – Smash 64
11:00 PM - Venue closes

Melee Rules:

- Items off.
- 4 stock, 8 minutes.
- Team attack on., life stealing allowed.
- Ties are broken by lives then percentage. Percentage ties will replay the match with one stock on the same stage.
- Regular sets are best of 3 matches. Winners finals, losers finals and grand finals sets are best of 5 matches.
- Controller mods are banned.
- Stalling is banned. This includes any excessive use of tactics like rising pound and wall-bombing in order to deliberately delay the match.
- Glitches like the Ice Climbers' freeze glitch and Mewtwo's Soul Stunner are also banned.
- Wobbling is banned.
- Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: The loser cannot pick a stage he or she has won on in the set unless agreed upon by both players. Additionally, if both players agree to play on a banned stage, that stage may be played as well.
- Gentleman's Clause: If the two players agree on a change in a rule, like choosing a banned stage, they are allowed to do so. If there is no agreement, standard rules apply.

Stages:

Neutrals 1v1:
Final Destination
Dream Land
Fountain of Dreams
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story

Counterpicks 1v1:
Pokemon Stadium
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
Kongo Jungle 64

Neutrals 2v2:
Final Destination
Dream Land
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 2v2:
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
Kongo Jungle 64

Set format:

1. Both players select characters. Double blind can be called if necessary.
2. Stage striking: Players eliminate stages from the Neutral Stage List until only 1 remains, and the players then play the first match on that stage. Players strike stages in a 1-2-1 order.
3. The first match is played.
4. Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage.
5. The losing player of preceding match picks stage for the next match.
6. The winning player of preceding match picks character.
7. The losing player picks character.
8. The next match is played.
9. Repeat steps 4-8 for all consecutive matches until the set is complete.

Brawl Rules:

The Unity Ruleset:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=301032

Smash 64 Rules:

Game Settings

Mode: STOCK
Stocks: 5
Handicap: OFF
Team Attack: ON
Stage Select: ON
Damage: 100%
Item Switch: NONE
All Characters Available

- Ties are broken by lives then percentage. Percentage ties will replay the match with one stock on the same stage.
- Regular sets are best of 3 matches. Winners semis, winners finals, losers semis, losers finals and grand finals sets are best of 5 matches.

Stages

The Starter Stage List consists of Congo Jungle, Hyrule Castle and Dream Land.
The Counterpick Stage List consists of Peach's Castle.

First match of all sets is selected by a 3-stage striking system with the Starter Stage List. An impartial observer/tournament organiser flips a coin to decide who strikes first. Rock-paper-scissors is alright too, but it's technically a skill irrelevant to smash.

The 64 Recommended Ruleset uses the stage striking system. In this system, players take turns striking stages from the Starter Stage List until only one remains; these stages are not banned and can be counterpicked later in the set.

Characters

All characters are legal.

Black DK (Right-C), Dark Samus (Down-C) and Dark Falcon (Right-C) are discouraged if Congo Jungle is the stage for visibility reasons. The opposing player may reset the match without penalty if they wish for a colour change. Taking or dealing any damage nullifies this right.

Marvel vs Capcom 3 Rules:

-Default settings
-2 out of 3 matches.
-Loser may change characters/assists. Winner cannot change characters or assists (character lock).
-Both players may alter their order by holding A1 or A2 during loading.

Super Street Fighter 4 Rules:

- 2/3 Rounds, 2/3 Games, 99 Seconds, No Handicap
-If the players do not agree on a stage within 15 seconds, the match will be random stage select.
-Winner must keep the same character, but can select a new ultra in game 2 or 3, but has to pick the ultra before the opponent picks theirs. This does not apply to blind pick.

Mundungu

Smash Lord
I'll def be at Internet Movie Database. I'll run marvel and other games as needed, and I'll work on getting recording functioning again for this.

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
check out our website: imdb.com
It's mostly got movie stuff now but we'll add tournament stuff as it gets closer.

This tournament will be the "revival of skeletor!!!"!!!

\±/Gale\±/

Smash Rookie
People?

I'll be there if I can. Just wondering, how many people do you expect and what ages? Thanks.;)

sanchaz

Smash Lord
I'll be there if I can. Just wondering, how many people do you expect and what ages? Thanks.;)
at least 20 people for smash. and all ages are cool. but its usually 18 and up. welcome to smashboards, :).

let me know if you have any ?s

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I could actually make this if I had housing. I was going to take the Megabus if I did go and it drops off right in Madison. Very tempted.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
I could actually make this if I had housing. I was going to take the Megabus if I did go and it drops off right in Madison. Very tempted.
we can work something out lol. im a mile away from the venue. we will figure it out

ZTD | TECHnology

A mile away? ****.

So if I get that housing I will just buy my ticket and work it out from there. I appreciate the offer.

And now this is the part where I ***** myself out for a teammate. I main D3 and I stock tank like a beast. Setting up and holding stock is what Im pro at. I place in the money regularly in MI doubles. ( you can go check out like the last 4 or 5 MI tournament results) Prefer assertive MK/Wario/G&W partners but open to others. Just be able to take the assertive role and be able to kill.

Swag.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
XD. I schedule pretty much everything. I'm really sorry I can't go to this. I really wanted to go to this because it was actually an in state tournament. :(

Unless you change the date of this to like the week before/after. :awesome:

Mundungu

Smash Lord
We will definitely be able to provide housing if people need it. I live about 5 miles from the venue, and can house a bunch if need be.

Too bad you can't make it standardtoaster. We should be hosting more of these throughout the school year, so maybe we'll see you at another one.

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
How many people do Wisconsin locals generally bring?
There aren't really Wisconsin locals. WUMBO a couple months back had between 15-20 entrants with less than 3 weeks notice for everyone. That was melee only though, dunno anything about the brawl scene.

I'll probably team with sanchaz for melee doubles but idk if he even plays anymore... we'll see. SKELETOR!!! has never lost a teams tournament lol.

ZTD | TECHnology

I'm still gonna need a sexy teammate ;)

And when I told everyone I planned on going to Wisconsin their reaction was "o_0" lol

sanchaz

Smash Lord
change the venue fee to be 3 dollars to ensure that people bring setups!!! I'll give ya a call

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
I see most of the turnout to be from the UW smash club,Therefore I have composed this e-mail for sam to send to the smash club just before the tournament.
Dear smash club member,
This week instead of meeting for free in the union, which we get for free, we'll be meeting down the street in this other building, which we also get for free. You have to pay $3 to get in to make sure that people from different states who may or may not be coming bring a setup. Yep makes sense kthxbai.
sincerely,
the smash club
:troll:

napZzz

Smash Hero
seeing how ahead of time this is minnesota should end up going

We'll organize something

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
Sure thing Frank. I'll send that the week before. I hope the advance warning will get people like Matt/Brian/etc. to come this time. And since our club doesn't charge dues I don't think a few bucks should be a problem, even for poor college kids.

Also, this tournament now has Street Fighter 4.

Top Bottom