• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IMDB - Sept. 17 Madison, WI

illboyzeus

Smash Ace
I'll do a $5 mm with ya. I know alex alex (keranta) would also love a mm, he would do something like $20, but he's also REALLY good. I recommend doing a ft7 or ft10 for the money match.

I just realized that this A LOT of games being host, mega hype.
Yeah I met him at evo, we haven't officially played yet but we know each other. I'll do w/e length ya want

napZzz

Smash Hero
can anyone house mn? not sure if it'd be friday night or saturday night, or both. PROBABLY just saturday night

if we go we'll have a full car of 5

Mundungu

Smash Lord
I can house you guys. I have no idea how many people are gonna be here, but I can house like 10ish. I got 3 extra couches, but everyone else is going to have to bring sleeping stuffs.

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
how the hell is melee doubles gonna go from 2 - 4? ****s gonna take longer than that broz..... starting to think this is looking like more of a mainly-brawl tournament, dont know if I wanna drive all the way from here to be put 2nd to brawl and have a crap turnout/timeframe for the melee tourny :(

yoshq

Smash Master
how the hell is melee doubles gonna go from 2 - 4? ****s gonna take longer than that broz..... starting to think this is looking like more of a mainly-brawl tournament, dont know if I wanna drive all the way from here to be put 2nd to brawl and have a crap turnout/timeframe for the melee tourny :(
do you have any idea how many melee players there are in madison/milwaukee?

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
i thought there were a lot yea... which is why i was wondering about the schedule LOL

aka it needs to start earlier...

sanchaz

Smash Lord
don't worry fluxwolf, we will get that taken care of, as melee doubles would then conflict with melee singles, which wiould be kinda silly.

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
Noted Fluxwolf and fixed. And this is a mainly Melee tourney, Brawl was added as an afterthought. Turnout should be decent for both, though.

Mundungu

Smash Lord
I wouldn't be surprised if melee doubles just takes 2 hours, since it's gonna be straight bracket. And as far as I can tell, it says doubles starts at 12:00, idk where you're seeing 2:00. Either way, singles will start at 4:00.

ORLY

Smash Master
well i know i'll be bringing a car from IL

and there may be more like kelly, tink, and maybe even the r bros and dartimus (though it's unlikely)

so we'll see what happens

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
Mundungu, I just changed the schedule last night since his post made sense. I don't anticipate doubles taking more than 2 hours, but it can't hurt to start early. It's nice to have a lunch break, too.

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
sounds good guys! thanks for clearing that up, looking forward to playing and chilling with yall!

tink and kels and orly!! please dont john out because of a SG/some local stuff! haha i wanna see you guys and get some more matches in! didnt play u guys much at misttt :(

ORLY

Smash Master
@flux: i run SGs now, son! i control the schedule

i'm gonna try and beat my tournament record for 10 unique characters in tournament

game on, wisconsin!

ORLY

Smash Master
Lol if you ride out here, Gio, I can offer you a carpool from my town to and from Madison

That's if you're willing to drive 5+ hours for this

sanchaz

Smash Lord
i'll really consider coming if smash 64 entrance is $10 :denzel:
you can also play mvc3 or st4ae. For the next tourney, I like to include MK9 or even replace marvel with it. should be interesting.

ORLY

Smash Master
i am getting psyched up for a tournament

the smash to the future on the 10th will be foreshadowing of things to come

sanchaz

Smash Lord
is mvc3 xbox or ps3?
whats the turnout looking for that too?
keranta is coming, chexr, along with like at least 10 people entering. ps3 systems will be used.

I'm trying to get our university 2d club to participate as well.

Top Bottom