• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Impact Clash II Brawl & Melee tourney October 11, 2008 @ GA World Congress Atlanta GA

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
Impact Clash II – The Gift and the Curse

Hello and I'd like to thank all of you who made the first Impact Clash a success.

Time: October 11th, 2008, 12PM
Place: Georgia World Congress Center (Room B202)
285 Andrew Young International Blvd., NW
Atlanta, Georgia 30313-1591

When you pre-register just post the following below:
Your name:
Put the games you want to pre-register for sign up for:
Any equipment (if you're bringing it) you plan on bringing besides a controller:
Your hometown:

General rules:
- Unless otherwise stated, you will always pick the same character/team if you win.
- You have one minute to make it to the station once you name is called. If not, you forfeit the round. Be sure to notify a judge if you are stepping out.
- Controls for the match must be step up at the very beginning of the round.
- Pausing any game will result in an automatic forfeit of the match in progress. Once a match has began, it must be finished.
- Changing any options within the game and attempting to play a match with options changed will result in a disqualification.
- Anyone reporting any false results to the judge will be disqualified.
- Touching anyone else's controls or sticks while a match is in progress will result in disqualification.
- Spectators are allowed to cheer but NO coaching is allowed.
- Trash talking is allowed but keep it at a minimum. We will not tolerate any sore losers or whining. Nor any racist comments or any type of direct insults.
Any of this will result in disqualification and removal.
- Fighting, pushing, shoving will result in disqualification and removal.

Entry fee is $20.

We will no longer have catering food at the event. However, we will have a 30 minute remission at 3 p.m. in which all of us will go across the street to the CNN Center and eat catering food there free of cost and this price is included in the entry fee. After that we will return back to the room and finish the tournament.

To participate in a tournament is a separate fee of $5 - $10 for each game.
The pot split is 70%-20%-10% to the 1st-2nd-3rd.
Best 2 out of 3 matches. The Finals will be best 4 of 7 matches however.
Double elimination.

Game Rules

Super Smash Brothers: Melee $10

4 Stock, 8 minute time limit for both singles and doubles

All items are OFF

Wobbling Banned!

Games are done, Best of 3, Finals will be best of 5.

Both Single and doubles will be DOUBLE ELIMINATION.(Pools for singles only)

Doubles Team Attack is ON, LIFE stealing is allowed.

BYOC: I dont think this should be a problem anyways.

In the case of a GameCube/TV malfunction, the game will be restarted from the beginning, no matter what time it crashed.

All decisions made by tournament officials are final.

Players must conduct themselves in a reasonable manner. Permanent ejection of a player from the tournament is at the staff's discretion.

Any sign of cheating will also result in forfeit of the game.

Any intentional forfeiting or conspiring to manipulate the brackets will result in ejection and possible suspension from future tournaments.

Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. Tournament staff may randomly inspect any controller at their discretion. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be immediately disqualified from the tournament.

Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer.

The stage for Game 1 will be selected at random unless both players/teams can agree on one.

Double Blind Rule: For the first game of a series, a player may call for a double-blind pick. This means that all participating players must tell a judge the character they will use for that game. Each player is required to use that character in the game.

Singles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64, & Pokemon Stadium

Doubles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Dreamland 64 & Pokemon Stadium

Stages not listed on the random select list that are not banned are open for counter picks by the losing player.

Stages banned for Doubles Only: Fountain of Dreams and Mute City.

Stages banned for Singles Only: Mushroom Kingdom II. (Yes, after reviewing of rulesets and etc, we have deemed to once again ban this stage.)

Stages banned for Singles & Doubles: Yoshi’s Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach’s Castle, Kongo Jungle, Onett, and Great Bay.

No stage may be used twice in a Best of 3 or Best of 5 Series unless agree upon by both players.

After characters have been selected for the first game, each player/team may choose one stage from the available tournament list that won’t be used during the series.

After each game of a series, the player who lost the previous game may choose the stage for the next game or elect for it to be chosen randomly. After the stage has been selected, the winner of the previous game may change characters. After the winner has chosen their character, the loser of the previous game may change characters.

Label your stuff! Label your T.V.s, your Cubes/Wiis, Memory Cards, Controllers, Testicles, WHATEVER MAY BE OF VALUE TO YOU!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I dunno if pool play will be needed or not, depends on the number of players who enter. Also, in this thread we might want to vote on a wobbling policy. I grabbed these rules from G4S5, but I deleted the section about wobbling jic a different verdict is made for this tournament.

I vote it for being turned OFF.

Super Smash Brothers: Brawl ($10)

Nintendo Wii
Double Elimination
Regular Brawls: Best two of three
Championship Brawl: Best three of five
Items: Off (including Smash Balls)
Stock: Three
Time Limit: 6:00

BYOC: (BRING. YOUR. OWN. CONTROLLER.) NO WIIMOTES OR CLASSIC CONTROLLERS!!! Gamecube controllers only!!!

In the case of a Wii/TV malfunction, the game will be restarted from the beginning, no matter what time it crashed.

Players must conduct themselves in a reasonable manner. Permanent ejection of a player from the tournament is at the staff's discretion.

Any intentional forfeiting or conspiring to manipulate the brackets will result in ejection and possible suspension from future tournaments.

Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. Tournament staff may randomly inspect any controller at their discretion. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be immediately disqualified from the tournament.

Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer.

The stage for Game 1 will be selected at random unless both players/teams can agree on one.

Double Blind Rule: For the first game of a series, a player may call for a double-blind pick. This means that all participating players must tell a judge the character they will use for that game. Each player is required to use that character in the game.

Random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Delfino Plaza, Yoshi's Island, Lylat Cruise, Castle Siege, Smashville, Pokemon Stadium 1.

Stages banned for Singles & Doubles: Mushroomy Kingdom [Overworld/Underworld], Rumble Falls, Bridge of Eldin, Wario Ware, Distant Planet, New Pork City, Temple, Yoshi's Island (Pipes), Onett, Donkey Kong Arcade, Spear Pillar, Mario Bros., Flat Zone 2, The Summit, Big Blue, Green Greens.

Stages not listed on the random select list that are not banned are open for counter picks by the losing player.

No stage may be used twice in a Best of 3 or Best of 5 Series unless agree upon by both players.

After characters have been selected for the first game, each player/team may choose one stage from the available tournament list that won’t be used during the series.

After each game of a series, the player who lost the previous game may choose the stage for the next game or elect for it to be chosen randomly. After the stage has been selected, the winner of the previous game may change characters. After the winner has chosen their character, the loser of the previous game may change characters

All games with an asterik must have enough pre-registrations if they are to be included in the tournament

World Heroes Perfect

- Playstation 2
- The boss character is banned from tournament play
- Must pick the same character if you win.

Capcom vs SNK 2

No using any secret characters (Ultimate Rugal, Shin Akuma, etc.)
No using two of the same characters on the same team.
No EX grooves.
Only on your first match will you be allowed to switch the order of your characters.
If you win, you must maintain the same exact team.

Street Fighter III: Third Strike

$10 to participate
Playstation 2
Gill is not allowed in tournament play.
If you win you must keep the same character but you can change the Super Art attack.
The in game judge will not determine the winner. If a double ko occurs you must re-do the match again.

****NeoGeo Battle COL

$5to participate
PS2 Japanese version
Winner keeps the same character. The loser can choose a new character.

Marvel Vs Capcom 2

$10 to participate
DreamCast
Dead body infinites are only allowed if they are not solely used to delay the game.
No glitches of any kind which will not allow the game to be played. Like the Gambit Screen glitch, player freezing, or doing a soft reset.
Switching buttons during the loading screen IS allowed.
Winner keeps same team.

Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection

$10 to participate
Playstation 3
Jinpachi is not allowed in tournament play.
Stage pick will always be random.
Winner keeps same character.

Tekken Tag Tournament

$10 to participate
Playstation2
Winner must pick the same team.

Super Street Fighter Turbo II

$10 to participate
Arcade Cabinet with PS2 controller ports
- Akuma will be banned from tournament play regardless of which game we play.

Soul Calibur IV

$10 to participate
Playstation 3
Rules TBA

Street Fighter Alpha 3

$5 to participate
Playstation 2
- No using Shadowloo Bison
- No button mapping of any kind
- If you win, pick the same character next time around
- Winner keeps same character.
- Shin Akuma is not allowed

Street Fighter Alpha 2

$5 to participate
Arcade Cabinet with PS2 controller ports
Winner keeps the same character.
The loser can choose a new character.
Evil Ryu is playable.

Vampire Savior

$5 to participate
Arcade Cabinet
- Turbo 3
- 2 Bats per round. Best 2 rounds out of 3.
- No Oboro Bishamon.

***Virtua Fighter 5

$10 to participate
Xbox 360
- If you win you pick the same character
- Button Mapping allowed
- Dural is banned from tournament play
- Stage select RANDOM

***Dead or Alive 4

$10 to participate
Xbox 360
- If you win you pick the same character
- Largest Life
- Best 3 out of 5 rounds 60 seconds
- Every stage is banned beside - D.W.A Colliseum (Dangerzone On), Tritower Heliport (Dangerzone On), Biolab Core (Dangerzone On), The Crash Club (Dangerzone On), Gambler's Paradise (Dangerzone On), Seaside Market, Waterfall Valley, DOATEC Great Hall
- Tengu is banned from tournament play.

Guilty Gear X2: Accent Core

$10 to participate
Playstation 2
EX Gold and Shadow players are not allowed.
Reloaded characters (Kliff and Justice) are not allowed

Arcana Heart

$10 to participate
Playstation 2
Arcana Heart Full Only

King of Fighters: UM '98

$5 to participate
-Playstation 2
- Winner keeps the same characters, same order.

King of Fighters XI

$5 to participate
Playstation 2
- Arcade vs
- 99 sec. time limit
- 2 out of 3
- 3 out of 5 for finals
- All Console Exclusive characters Banned

On all console tournament games:

It will be a bring your own controller/stick tournament. We are not responsible for your equipment so make sure you keep up with it.
- Make sure your equipment is functioning properly as if any malfunctions or intermittent during any matches will cause you to forfeit the match in progress.
- The judges will be the sole one determining the outcomes if any problems like this were to occur.

Buttom mapping/shouldering will not be allowed unless explicitly stated in the rules. Button mapping is when you program one button to input two buttons at once. (I.E. Lp+RP) This is not allowed. It is fine if you need to re-program your buttons at the beginning of the match any way you need to but not in this manner. So if for example you are playing a traditional street Fighter game your buttons should be:

Light Punch
Medium Punch
Fierce Punch
Light Kick
Medium Kick
Roundhouse

That's it. No triple punch or triple kick.

We have a website to promote the event at Impactclash.com. If anyone has any input or suggestions feel free to email, PM, or IM me. Let me know of any ways to make the tournament better or any extra rules needed as I am not perfect and I will listen to what users have to say.

Would you like to see a game listed for tournament play which is not here? Let us know and we'll make sure to add any game that people request which can be played tournament style on consoles. Just PM me or write a post in this thread and we'll make it happen. We'd be no where with you, the community.

Pass on Entry Fees Bringing Equipment
As far as a pass on the entry fees go if you bring any of the following equipment you get in free:

Television w/ PS2
Television w/ Dreamcast
PS3 (We only need like two so make sure your name is on the list)
Arcade Cab (2x people in free)
Xbox 360 w/ TV
Nintendo Wii w/ Brawl

Half off for the following items:

PS2 w/o TV
Xbox 360 w/o TV
Dreamcast w/o TV
Bring two games for use at the tournament and we give you half off.

Make sure you arrive at least before 10:30 a.m.!!! If you arrive after that and bring equipment you are not guaranteed free or reduced entry!

This is a tentative schedule of the games at the tournament:

12 p.m.

King of Fighters XI
Neo Geo Battle Coliseum
Street Fighter Alpha 2
Dead or Alive 4
Virtua Fighter 5
World Heroes Perfect
King of Fighters: UM '98
Super Smash Brothers Brawl

(Keep in mind many of these games starting at 12 p.m. will only happen if enough pre-registrations so please ensure you guys pre-register for them if you want to make 'em happen!)

After these five then we will have the following (An approximate time would be around 3-4 p.m.):

Arcana Heart
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Vampire Savior
Soul Calibur IV
Guilty Gear Accent Core
Capcom vs SNK 2

Tekken Tag Tournament

The final Tournaments to run will be these: (Approximately around 7-8 p.m.)
Super Street Fighter II Turbo
Marvel vs Capcom 2
Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection
Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike
Brawl Team Doubles Tournament

Call me directly at 678-983-9659 if you want to know an update of how far along the tournament is or what's coming up the day of the tournament. These time are rough estimates of when these games should start. If there are any other games you'd like to see there call me and let me know, post in this thread, text me, or PM me.

Pre-registration is the key here for us having a great tournament and knowing if games will have so please pre-register. Remember, the entry is only $20.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
man, that looks like a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig fighting game tourney

for brawl, only Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Island, Lylat Cruise, and Smashville should be able to be chosen at random for the 1st game of a set. The other stages (delfino, castle seige, pokemon stadium 1, etc) are able to be counterpicked after the first game, but shouldn't be random for the 1st.

you can pre reg me, GDX, and HRNUT, because we may come. no guarantees yet, but thought you should know just in case. Im not sure if we can show up before 10:30 AM that day, but if we do we each can bring a wii and brawl

Edit: To make it Look better:
Name: GDX and Hrnut
Games: We both are doing brawl doubles and singles
Equipment: At least one wii + brawl. Maybe two. Also, a small TV
hometown: Orlando, FL

Gerbil

Smash Champion
If melee is put in, I should more than likely be there along with a couple of other guys. If it remains Brawl, it's still possible, though I don't know how many I could get to come up here.

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
I will definitely add Melee if anyone is will to bring a copy of Melee and a Gamecube/Wii to play it on. In fact, I'll go ahead and add it now. But these tournaments will be the first thing to start since they take a long while. Does anyone have an official rule list I can post along with it? Let me know and I'll add it first thing.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
General Tournament Rules

All items are OFF

In the case of a GameCube/TV malfunction, the game will be restarted from the beginning, no matter what time it crashed.

Singles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64, & Pokemon Stadium

Doubles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Dreamland 64 & Pokemon Stadium

Stages banned for Singles Only: Mushroom Kingdom II. (Yes, after reviewing of rulesets and etc, we have deemed to once again ban this stage.)

Stages banned for Singles & Doubles: Yoshi’s Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach’s Castle, Kongo Jungle, Onett, and Great Bay.

After each game of a series, the player who lost the previous game may choose the stage for the next game or elect for it to be chosen randomly. After the stage has been selected, the winner of the previous game may change characters. After the winner has chosen their character, the loser of the previous game may change characters.

Label your stuff! Label your T.V.s, your Cubes/Wiis, Memory Cards, Controllers, Testicles, WHATEVER MAY BE OF VALUE TO YOU!

I dunno if pool play will be needed or not, depends on the number of players who enter. Also, in this thread we might want to vote on a wobbling policy. I grabbed these rules from G4S5, but I deleted the section about wobbling jic a different verdict is made for this tournament.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
General Tournament Rules

All items are OFF

well, i already talked to him at the last impact clash so he gave me the thumbs up a while back to run it and give him a ruleset, which is this but

FD, DL64, PS for neutral

YS, FoD, BF for counter

no daves stupid rule

one ban each

and also..............

wobbling allowed.

I'mma PM him my ruleset AKA: fair one.

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
Melee added! Also, I have one Gamecube I can bring myself and a copy of Melee. Both of these tournament I would like to have two systems and two TVs a piece. I don't mind starting them on one TV but as the tournament progresses we'll need to expand it to multiple TVs. I really need people to bring as many TVs as they can. Remember, you skip the entrance fee and you help the tournament run much smoother. I want to have about fifteen TVs there this time around. Last time I had about 11 TVs but I didn't use them all at once. This tournament will stick to the plan and I'll use as many of the televisions as possible. It will also start at 12 p.m. as well. Although honestly I highly doubt many of the games starting at 12 p.m. will really start at 12 p.m. considering many are games which don't have a large following. Due to the fact that we are having two Smash tournaments the Doubles tournament may not happen. We will see what happens but it all depends on how things go.

Jx31

Smash Ace
Oh snaps, melee is added?! I WILL be here, I may drag along a few others with me.

edit-After looking at Xif's "ruleset", I'm not so sure about coming to this anymore : /.

XIF

Smash Master
Oh snaps, melee is added?! I WILL be here, I may drag along a few others with me.

edit-After looking at Xif's "ruleset", I'm not so sure about coming to this anymore : /.
because you cant use green greens in a failed attempt to use bombs and apples to win instead of winning normally?

And while i'm always against it its not like I never go to tournaments with 15 stages, live with it. And if you mean wobbling, its allowed, but lets be realistic... who's going to be there that uses IC's?

Jx31

Smash Ace
because you cant use green greens in a failed attempt to use bombs and apples to win instead of winning normally?

And while i'm always against it its not like I never go to tournaments with 15 stages, live with it. And if you mean wobbling, its allowed, but lets be realistic... who's going to be there that uses IC's?
I could care less about the traditional counter-pick stages such as green greens, to be honest that actually helps me. The thing that mostly bothers me about this ruleset is the fact that smaller stages (Yoshi's,FoD.BF) from the normal netural list are being used as counter-picks for this tournament. I'm curious, what was your reasoning for that?

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman

No thanks to XIF stages.

Whoaa double no thanks to no Dave's rule
I could care less about the traditional counter-pick stages such as green greens, to be honest that actually helps me. The thing that mostly bothers me about this ruleset is the fact that smaller stages (Yoshi's,FoD.BF) from the normal netural list are being used as counter-picks for this tournament. I'm curious, what was your reasoning for that?
Let me know exactly what you guys have a problem with. We can solve all of this diplomatically. :-) I want as many people to attend as possible so if needed Xif we should take what the community takes as a whole into consideration. Let's try to hear their side and see why they think it should be ran like they say. I really don't want to discourage anyone from coming. Also, what is Dave's Stupid Rule and why does it help a tournament?

-Chad-

Slackerator
Dave's Stupid Rule is you can't pick the same stage if you've already won on it.

I.E. If a player gets a stage that favors him on random, and wins, he has basically won the set because he could simply go back to the same stage again (and again if it's finals or something)

The rule prevents a player from doing this and forces him to be actually able to win on more than one stage (or play more characters that have better chances on another stage)

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
Xif, I think we should have Dave's Stupid Rule since stages play a huge role it this game. Let me know why you think Dave's stupid rule should not be implemented in this tournament? Hopefully we can all come to an agreement here.

XIF

Smash Master
Dave's stupid rule is necessary when you have stages that greatly favor one character or another, but the point of having a tournament with all neutrals is that this isnt necessary, since inherently there isnt one stage that favors or hurts a character greatly.

I basically used the OC3 rules for this, which still managed to get over 200 participants, so I dont think that the stages are really going to affect turnout. It is probably better if it were rather than 3 neutral and 3 CP, to make them all neutral and available for CP.

On second though to DSR, I was operating under the assumption of the modded DSR, which is no stage twice in the same set, but original DSR is fine. I however am an adamant supporter of 6 stages only (i'd be fine with FD only, as they do it in japan, for the reason that alot more low tier characters which can only function on FD are made playable, but I am a reasonable person.

-Chad-

Slackerator
You have no idea why Japan uses FD only. Not all low tiers flourish on that stage. Having more than one stage makes a lot more low tiers manageable since they don't all get insta countered by Sheik. Do you even play any low tiers?

FC: D managed to get over 200 participants as well and it had the 6 neutrals and all counterpick stages available, OC3 did it differently only because Japanese players only play FD and they had to compromise.

XIF

Smash Master
You have no idea why Japan uses FD only. Not all low tiers flourish on that stage. Having more than one stage makes a lot more low tiers manageable since they don't all get insta countered by Sheik. Do you even play any low tiers?

FC: D managed to get over 200 participants as well and it had the 6 neutrals and all counterpick stages available, OC3 did it differently only because Japanese players only play FD and they had to compromise.
well i've exaughsted this argument with everyone so much I obviously believe this game to be much better with less stages for various reasons, and the fact of the matter is that I want to help run this tournament, the least is that I can create a ruleset that I seem is the most fair. Everybody else who runs a tournament gets their ruleset, so lets just leave mine as it is and just accept that we'll never agree.

Pritch

Smash Lord
Gotta agree with chad here - it seems like when you're making such a drastic departure from what has become pretty standard all over the country for the past couple of years people deserve more of an explanation than "because I said so."

I can see how you can justify eliminating a stage or 2 here of there - green greens, as you've already mentioned, is a fairly reasonable thing to get rid of (does it serve any purpose other than to let fox utterly dominate characters that he already has good matchups with?), and I could see a couple other corner cases like that going with a minimum of fuss. But this is pretty radical. When ken and co ran OC3 with such a limited stage set they did so acknowledging that it was abnormal and was so only to accommodate the japanese players that would be in attendance.

I mean, I understand that you prefer to play on neutrals, and I guess it is your tournament and your ruleset to make (I think). But if you really want people to pay money to enter, much less travel AND pay money, then I'd think that a little less of a "my way or the highway" attitude towards pretty non-standard rule changes would go a long way.

And if you mean wobbling, its allowed, but lets be realistic... who's going to be there that uses IC's?
Incidentally, this sounds a lot like saying "shooting your opponent is legal, but it's ok, no one here is packing." I'm not saying that wobbling should or shouldn't be allowed, mind you (I tend to avoid that debate), but that's a really dumb arguement.

evantastic@gmail.com

Smash Rookie
pretty sure I can go. =]
My first tourney.
Oh I only have a gamestop gamecube controller, is that okay?

Anyways,
Evan Ruede
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Wii(Gamestop brand controller)
Marietta, Georgia

nicaboy

Smash Champion
ni@@ga play me in that :)
im already comin for this since my homeboy is dyin to play 3rd strike here so im can come i willl play melee maybe brawl super turbo alpha 3 3rd strike and arcana hearts
o also capcom vs snk2
but i can not use my ps2 contoller? or can i i dont like arcade sticks

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
well i've exaughsted this argument with everyone so much I obviously believe this game to be much better with less stages for various reasons, and the fact of the matter is that I want to help run this tournament, the least is that I can create a ruleset that I seem is the most fair. Everybody else who runs a tournament gets their ruleset, so lets just leave mine as it is and just accept that we'll never agree.
I understand this but the fact is we want as many people to attend as possible. The rule sets are created because that's what the community as a whole comes up with because that is what the majority agrees in. Not saying we're not going with what's fair here, but the best thing would be to go with what's more popular (Which theoretically should be what's most fair.). I understand where you are coming from Xif, but on the other side the last thing we want people to do is not attend strictly because we do not have a rule list that's good. And trust me, I know the feeling. At my tournament there are a few games I really don't want to run at all or I don't see a reason why they are there but people want them there so it's all about what the people want most, not what I want. Especially if they are driving from as far as Augusta, or even Tennessee or where ever to come and play. So logically, it's be best to answer their questions as to why we cannot do it the way they want it. We want the tournament to grow and become huge in the Southeast the other biggest tournament (Final Round) uses the rule list the people you do not agree with you are talking about. At the end of the day it's not what we want Xif, but it's what everyone else wants and even if we cannot understand why or what the reason for it is at the end of the day we must satisfy them. Not saying we are not going to use your rule set or I don't trust you. I just think these people need logical justification fully as to why the rules are whatever way they are.

That's an awfully selfish way to look at it, it's not just about what you want, everyone else is also paying to play in a tournament
I understand where you are coming from on this point.

Gotta agree with chad here - it seems like when you're making such a drastic departure from what has become pretty standard all over the country for the past couple of years people deserve more of an explanation than "because I said so."

I can see how you can justify eliminating a stage or 2 here of there - green greens, as you've already mentioned, is a fairly reasonable thing to get rid of (does it serve any purpose other than to let fox utterly dominate characters that he already has good matchups with?), and I could see a couple other corner cases like that going with a minimum of fuss. But this is pretty radical. When ken and co ran OC3 with such a limited stage set they did so acknowledging that it was abnormal and was so only to accommodate the japanese players that would be in attendance.

I mean, I understand that you prefer to play on neutrals, and I guess it is your tournament and your ruleset to make (I think).
This is my tournament but at my last Impact Clash he came and told me he'd offer me assistance with this next tournament and coming up with a rule set since I myself am not familiar with the game or it's rules. Also, the brackets went all out of control and horribly wrong and he came and cleaned it all up and helped out quite a bit. He was a savior for the tournament and thus I was very impressed and told him he could make the rule list for the next tournament.

But if you really want people to pay money to enter, much less travel AND pay money, then I'd think that a little less of a "my way or the highway" attitude towards pretty non-standard rule changes would go a long way.
You are right about this and we should have something that most people agree on. Not saying that it is always the fairest though.

pretty sure I can go. =]
My first tourney.
Oh I only have a gamestop gamecube controller, is that okay?

Anyways,
Evan Ruede
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Wii(Gamestop brand controller)
Marietta, Georgia
Gamecube controllers are perfectly fine of any type. But if they have turbo buttons you are not allowed to use those functions on the controllers. It's perfectly fine to use it but those features cannot be used.

just a heads up, You said you're planning to add melee, but I don't notice the 1st post updated with it's info. oh, and update the title to have "Brawl & Melee tourney" in there if there's space.
Updated and I appreciate it. You've been a huge help in helping me promote tournament on this site and getting attention around it. Thanks!

put melee and naruto 4 in this ill bring alot of people
I'll add naruto 4 if someone volunteers to bring a copy of the game and if someone can post a valid rule set for the game as well. I am not familiar with that game at all but if that's what the people want, so be it.

-Chad-

Slackerator
I know Iori plays Naruto 4 (and has a copy) so maybe if we come we can bring a copy, though I know nothing about a fair ruleset for it =x

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
I call bull**** on YS, FoD and BF being counterpicks rather than neutrals.

This is the most anti-marth stage set I've ever seen
lol

But I'm not opposed to an all neutrals tournament, so long as the neutrals ARE neutral.

HiIH

Smash Lord
In this thread we give Falco an advatage by putting him on FD more often.

EDIT-Also Shiek

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
cant we just go with the standard rule set pretty please
Well I'm just waiting for Xif to justify why he wants to deviate the rule list against many people's wishes. The last thing we want to do is make it a rouge tournament that no one respects or looks at as the real deal. Let's at least listen to what he has to say when he responds.

Top Bottom