• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Impact III - Mr. R/Vinnie/Dabuz/Anti (MK Banned) Stream 100$ POT BONUS

CoonTail

Smash Lord
^Huh the selling point of IMPACT is amateur bracket, what are you talking about viva?

BTW ANTI CONFIRMED FOR IMPACT III!!!

No_Skillz

Smash Apprentice
^Huh the selling point of IMPACT is amateur bracket, what are you talking about viva?

BTW ANTI CONFIRMED FOR IMPACT III!!!
he meant the selling point was to bring in new players, and amateur bracket would definitely give them a better experience. i say am bracket instead, and if enough time a side event

CoonTail

Smash Lord
^Exactly

I didn't think it was gonna be get this but with Vinnie/Anti/Mr. R/Atomsk/BC/Dabuz/Will/Bizkit people are kinda starting to hop on the bandwagon.

Bing

Smash Master
The best way to run an amateur bracket is to run it at the same time as pro.

You split the tvs 50/50 or 60/40 whatever. And just move them along relatively equally. We just did this at our last Toronto tournament and I was the one running both brackets.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Darnit, sorry about the no reply DDD... I had already gone to sleep. =\
I hope you got the info you needed!

I haven't been on Aim in years... Holy crap! I'll add other contact stuff instead.

:phone:

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
The best way to run an amateur bracket is to run it at the same time as pro.

You split the tvs 50/50 or 60/40 whatever. And just move them along relatively equally. We just did this at our last Toronto tournament and I was the one running both brackets.
Thanks for the advice. It's still under consideration.

People who currently need a ride:

Gunblade (NJ)
Nairo (NJ)
Luxord (Binghamton, NY)
NinjaLink (Brooklyn, NY)

Someone please help these guys out if you can!

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Amateur bracket sounds like a good way to attract new players, as well as keep them. It also makes competition for them a much more pleasant experience. Which in return should make the venue owner happy with the constant attendance. Good train of thought or no?

/brainstorm

Bing

Smash Master
Amateur bracket sounds like a good way to attract new players, as well as keep them. It also makes competition for them a much more pleasant experience. Which in return should make the venue owner happy with the constant attendance. Good train of thought or no?

/brainstorm

I like where you're going with these thoughts. I mean sure the veterans or higher skilled players are generally close and all, and new players come and go, get ***** and sometimes dont come back(For awhile or even at all) giving them the chance to actually compete is great. Like Im bad at Brawl(For sure moving up, but still bad) I got 4th/5th in my pool at SiD7(The person who got 3rd, we went to game 3 and it was Marth dittos, last stock mid % when he scored a tipper D: ) lol Anyways. So clearly Im not that great. Went into amateur bracket, got 5th overall(Tying the guy who got 3rd in my pool lol)

One thing that might be good is charge to enter amateurs.

Example get a number of people who are doing amateurs. lets say 16 to be easy.

Now charge those 16 people 2$ to enter.

you now have 32$ to give away as a prize to the amateur pool while not taking away from the pro pot.

I wouldnt recommend charging full amount(like 10$) or that will just kill it. People generally dont mind paying smaller amounts especially because it gives hope that they can finally win some money :D

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
Im going to be really strict with time this time around, so we can hopefully get an amateur bracket along with 2 side events. But getting things done on time is top priority.

Mario Kart 64 - 3
Draft Crews - 5
Mid Tier SIngles - 4

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
Mario Kart 64 is better :p just sayin...

So the poll is pretty much between Mid Tiers and Draft Crews

Mario Kart 64 - 3 (Me, Dul0r, Ghos+)
Mid Tier Singles - 6 (Dabuz, CoonTail, Dillon, Inui, Nairo, Will)
Draft Crews - 6 (Deven3000, John12346, Z3roN, Ushio, juice.Shadow, Atomsk)

And of course we will also try to have Project M

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
Well, Pane just voted for Draft Crews which breaks the tie. That means tomorrow we will be doing Draft Crews. Also, we will be being very strict with time this time around! PLEASE BE ON TIME! Im going to bed now ill see all of you tomorrow :)

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Yaaaaaay!

:sonic:

Anyway I can get updates about this? I'm @ work n internet is 2 bad I can't get ustreamin thru my fone.

Top Bottom