• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Threads + Q&A

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Hmm guitar seems to be pretty popular among Link players. You, me and Scabe all play guitar.

Anyone else????

I took guitar in college, though I never found the class to be as helpful as just self practice. It sorta just gives you an excuse to practice. I tried to learn to read music there but it was just too hard.
WaffleZ plays guitar. I'm taking Music Theory so I learn my notes better. I'm more of a rhythm guitarist. XD

Rizen

Smash Legend
Does anyone know a good site that teaches how to read/write music?
I don't play an instrument but I want to compose.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Suppose I'll do an introduction:

I'm blu link, and I've been part of the Link community for more than 2 years =) I use Link because he's underrated and as a Phillie native, that's kind of a draw (Rocky, etc). I've created a Link stage discussion in 2009(?) which has honestly been one of my only contributions =/ I've also got a lot of vids up of different linked moves or uses for ATs. I'm very on and off with Smash and the community so bare with me. I don't know most players now (almost a year of inactivity xD) so I'm very old school. I hope we can furthur Link's metagame and our experience with Super Smash Brothers Brawl. :D

Ryos4

Smash Lord
High five for the 2 years old link member club thingy... Also the going on hiatus for months at a time.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Hi, I'm Terywj but everyone calls me Tery.
Although I've been straying away from Brawl, I was more of a Melee player. That aside, I still play casually and hope to further my abilities in Link. I alternate between Link, Sheik, and Marth, which were my Melee mains. I created the Twilight Heroes - Smashboards' Brawl Link Clan and headed the clan on a separate forum I created, pretty much leaving Smashboards to work with my clan. The Twilight Heroes are noted for working heavily with Aethercide, an Ike Clan from BrawlCentral, and the first Brawl Clan ever created. After expansion and disbandment in late 2009 I returned to Smashboards and am now a dedicated PokeCenter member, leading multiple projects. I hope to become a Moderator for the PokeCenter to help with the clutter now and for when Pokemon Black and White storm Japan. My current goal is to become the youngest and first non-important member in the top 20 posters. It's silly, but that's me for ya.

Wow that was lengthy. Hope to get to know all you guys. :)

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
I leave for a couple of months and this place totally blossoms! I'm proud of you SWF Link mains :) I wish I had the attention span to continue playing this game but music and art is really more important (My potential college focus :O) So keep trucking guys.
Haha, I know what you mean.

I don't Brawl anymore, to be honest. I just lurk, post, mod, etc...

I play french horn and love art! I'm dual stranding in an arts academy! We should chat it up :chuckle:

Although I've been straying away from Brawl, I was more of a Melee player. That aside, I still play casually and hope to further my abilities in Link. I alternate between Link, Sheik, and Marth, which were my Melee mains. I created the Twilight Heroes - Smashboards' Brawl Link Clan and headed the clan on a separate forum I created, pretty much leaving Smashboards to work with my clan. The Twilight Heroes are noted for working heavily with Aethercide, an Ike Clan from BrawlCentral, and the first Brawl Clan ever created. After expansion and disbandment in late 2009 I returned to Smashboards and am now a dedicated PokeCenter member, leading multiple projects. I hope to become a Moderator for the PokeCenter to help with the clutter now and for when Pokemon Black and White storm Japan. My current goal is to become the youngest and first non-important member in the top 20 posters. It's silly, but that's me for ya.

Thanks for posting!

I like your signature :chuckle:

Ryos4

Smash Lord
I dont think thats too much of a problem. I tend to not play all that much either.

Anyway how is the Smash scene in hong kong?

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Oh mad it's Terywj! Such a cool name yet strange at the same time.

Everyone seems to play an instrument. I play guitar haha.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I don't think thats too much of a problem. I tend to not play all that much either.

Anyway how is the Smash scene in Hong Kong?
Unfortunately, I don't actually live in Hong Kong. However, I've been there enough times and have a Hong Kong residency I.D., so to me it feels as if I deserve to say I live there. XD

Oh mad it's Terywj! Such a cool name yet strange at the same time.

Everyone seems to play an instrument. I play guitar haha.
Heh. I play the piano and drums. I've been meaning to pick up the guitar but have never really gotten around to it.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Why are all the Link players pranked? This is actually hilarious.

Link, he come to town. Come to save, the Princess Zelda.
Ganon took her away, now the children don't play.
But they will, when Link saves the day. Hallelujah!

Not going to go through the rest of the song, haha.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
IDK, were you always pranked i just noticed it now.

Now Link,
Fill up your hearts, so you can shoot your sword with power!
And when your're feeling all down, the fairy will come around,
So you'll be brave, and not a sissy coward!

Anyway a band does seem completely plausible if anyone was actually near each other. Drum/Piano and like 3or 4 guitar players. I'm sure it would be easy enough for someone to switch over to a base. And there's bound to be someone who could sing.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Or even, we could just record our individual parts and someone pro can eidt and combine all the lines together.

And yeah, I've been pranked for a while back. It's kinda like a running gag through the PokeCenter, where I'm consistently pranked.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
lol. That's kinda funny.

That would be possible, though it would require everyone to have a descent mic. When i tried recording my guitar, it picked up the High E and Base E strings really weirdly.

Speaking of recording, you have any of your Piano stuff recorded?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I'm actually trying to look for a good mic because I plan on doing some covers, since using my old mic doesn't translate my voice nicely. At all.

I just don't know where to look.

Rizen

Smash Legend

^Wow. I am always glad to meet a new Link player. Welcome to the Link boards.

Who did that song?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
^Wow. I am always glad to meet a new Link player. Welcome to the Link boards.

Who did that song?
This song?
Link, he come to town. Come to save, the Princess Zelda.
Ganon took her away, now the children don't play.
But they will, when Link saves the day. Hallelujah!
Now Link,
Fill up your hearts, so you can shoot your sword with power!
And when your're feeling all down, the fairy will come around,
So you'll be brave, and not a sissy coward!
I believe it was by The Rabbit Joint.

Here's something I think you should all watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFtGQRm1bTg It deals with reading. Very useful.
I thought this was very helpful. Too bad there's nobody I can actually test it on, haha. I live in a Smash-deprived area of Massachusetts. :(

Ryos4

Smash Lord
"People are stupid until proven smart" lol

Also I've heard i think System of a Down made a cover of the Link song.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Someone burnt a CD for me with that song. I guessed Weird Al did it.
I never thought reading would bring so much discussion:ohwell:.

quirkynature

Smash Ace
Is this a reference to my post count? I'm lost.
It's more of a reference to DBZ, but I guess your post count can count (har har) because "IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND!!"

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
WHAT NINE THOUSAND?!

It is a very nice sig Tery, although I think it's changed. I've always wanted to mess around with image editing, like Photoshop and stuff, but never got around to it (okay, so I like to learn how to do stuff, haha. My interests seem to be pretty wide ranging).
"People are stupid until proven smart"
Here's another one for ya: "Never argue with an idiot, because they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

And trust me, I have TONS of experience :D

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
I'm pretty sure the number doesn't matter. I'm pretty sure the reason is because the English voice actor read it in the most absurd way possible. Listen to the Japanese version. Vegeta sounds kinda stunned, but he doesn't sit there yelling like a fool.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
I was wondering why it it didnt sound like 9000 when i was watching the japanese version. But im not an expert at japanese so i didnt second guess it.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Well in Japanese "nine" and "eight" don't sound similar at all, haha. "Kyu" as opposed to "hachi." It was probably the American "mistake" that started this whole meme.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
well they wanted goku to be even more epic so they gave him 1 k boost in power. Cause thats how American rolls. When something is made, we make it bigger. lol

Rizen

Smash Legend
WHAT NINE THOUSAND?!

It is a very nice sig Tery, although I think it's changed. I've always wanted to mess around with image editing, like Photoshop and stuff, but never got around to it (okay, so I like to learn how to do stuff, haha. My interests seem to be pretty wide ranging).

Here's another one for ya: "Never argue with an idiot, because they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

And trust me, I have TONS of experience :D
Feel free to ask questions about photoshop.

Top Bottom