• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IMPULSE - Canada's Brawl & Melee National

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragboy Imperial

Smash Apprentice
I call upsets in melee. Home advantage seems to be a major factor in canadian FG tourneys. :D
Still not sure I can make it. If I can, is there still possibility for housing? (Looks like everybody is housing people already. Btw, sorry we couldn't accomodate more of you in MTL for STYC3.. :/)

Dan-Da-Man

Smash Journeyman
Mprime, if you could house the MI carpool (Ally, JT, + whoever else they bring) instead of me, that would be very much appreciated, since I could only house 2 of them :/
Let me know what's up!
I'm not in Toronto either.. Oakville. About 40min by car to the venue, or 1h by transit

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
Monk! I believe in you!!!!!! You got this!!!!!!!!!!!!
ED! ED! ED! ED! ED! ED! ED! ED! ED! ED! ED! ED! ED! ED! ED! ED! ED! ED! ED! ED! ED! ED! ED! ED! ED! ED! ED! ED! ED! ED! ED! ED! ED! ED! ED! ED! ED! ED! ED! ED! ED! ED! ED! ED!

I know I got this...but in the event I die before this happens I want you to go in my place...because you would have this even more

also are you going to have all of FL watching the stream if I get on...you better

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
im pretty sure i might not be going to ottawa this week anymore so i can come to this, someone can house with me if theyd like, i only have room for 1 person unless 2 dudes wanna share a fouton

Croi

Smash Lord
Hey, Nova Scotian here. Turns out I'll most likely be flying down rather than road tripping with the others. Is there someplace I can be if I show up late Thursday/early Friday? Will somebody be able to pick me up?

Mprime

Smash Ace
Yeah Mprime it'll be Me WTP and JSTM. no worries, Thugz and MJG are with Mr L. THANKS ALOT I MIGHT GIVE U SUMTHING IN EXCHANGE for this favor

Juggleguy HAHAHA
Np buddy

Mprime, if you could house the MI carpool (Ally, JT, + whoever else they bring) instead of me, that would be very much appreciated, since I could only house 2 of them :/
Let me know what's up!
I'm not in Toronto either.. Oakville. About 40min by car to the venue, or 1h by transit
Just housing ally, WTP, and JSTM as mentioned in allies post quoted above.
:phone:

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
ED! ED! ED! ED! ED! ED! ED! ED! ED! ED! ED! ED! ED! ED! ED! ED! ED! ED! ED! ED! ED! ED! ED! ED! ED! ED! ED! ED! ED! ED! ED! ED! ED! ED! ED! ED! ED! ED! ED! ED! ED! ED! ED! ED!

I know I got this...but in the event I die before this happens I want you to go in my place...because you would have this even more

also are you going to have all of FL watching the stream if I get on...you better
Text me!! I can stream over my phone now so I can track it down QUICK!

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Even though I am not coming, I am feeling the hype. Can't wait to see if some Canadian players (other than ally and holy) can do some serious work.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
About the smashfest I posted, It was meant for Thursday, not Friday haha (which there will also be a smashfest lol).

Hey, Nova Scotian here. Turns out I'll most likely be flying down rather than road tripping with the others. Is there someplace I can be if I show up late Thursday/early Friday? Will somebody be able to pick me up?
Try and fly for early Friday and the make it down town for the tour. This way you'll have something to do as soon as you get here.

Battlecow

Play to Win
singles:

1. PP
2. Mango
3. M2K
4. Hbox
5. KK
5. Kage
7. Vwins
7. SFAT
9. Bam
9. Unknown522
9. Nintendude
9. IB
13. Raynex
13. Weon-X
other people

doubles:
1. Boxxy the Warrior
2. Dr. Mango

Bing

Smash Master
singles:

1. PP
2. Mango
3. M2K
4. Hbox
5. KK
5. Kage
7. Vwins
7. SFAT
9. Bam
9. Unknown522
9. Nintendude
9. IB
13. Raynex
13. Weon-X
other people

doubles:
1. Boxxy the Warrior
2. Dr. Mango

My only issue with this list is Kage 5th. I see him more as a 7th or 9th. The rest is about right(The top 5 is honestly completely free game to like... 9 different people lol)

As for Brawl, I know very little about the Brawl pros lmfao. Just certain names stand out to me. Like Logic, Bloodcross, Chudat etc. (This is excluding Canadians)

Bing

Smash Master
Im so excited just to be a major part of this tournament, even though its not as a player.

Legit I'll be able if I make top 10 in amateur bracket. Ill be thrilled.

Btw Toph I dont know if I can sell you my spare controller. It might be my main because my gold one is super ****ing unlucky and after the first circuit board died, i've switched it 3 times and they've all died within a week(Except the current one). This ones lasted about 9 days, and I think its okay but Im still scared.

Also, 111 pre-registered players :)

Hungrybox and Raynex not included

Beat!

Smash Master
Predictions, eh?

1. Mango (doesn't lose a set)
2.PP (loses to M2K in winners again, beats him in LF)
3. M2K (loses to Mango in WF)
4. Hbox (Loses to Mango in winners and PP in LS)
5. KK (uuhhh... loses to 2 of the above? LOL what a lame prediction)
5. Kage or Chudat or some **** like that (same as KK haha)

too lazy to write more

Beat!

Smash Master
I think he is, so no worries.

Lame ninja, meant @Bing.

And yeah, forgot about Unknown. Replace Kage/Chudat with him on my list.

HammerTime

Smash Journeyman
Important Announcement to anyone attending IMPULSE: There is also going to be a Smash 64 side tourney in addition to the Melee and Brawl tourneys. The buy-in will be $5, and the event is being organized by myself and The Pizz. If we get enough people, we may also be able to do an amateur bracket for anyone who doesn't make it out of pools. If we do not get enough people joining in we may also skip pools and go straight to bracket, depending on how much time we have. The event will take place on June 30th, after the singles pools are over.

At the moment we only have 3 setups, so if anyone can contribute another setup it would be greatly appreciated. Also, we only have 4 controllers to be used on the 3 setups that we're bringing, so if anyone could bring another controller or two to be used by the participants it would really help us out (We only need 6 in total, 2 per setup). Thanks, and see you all at IMPULSE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom