• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IMPULSE - Canada's Brawl & Melee National

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
Really there's just 1 problem lol. Like, the poutine ordering for people was cool and props to Matt for going out to get it, the venue was nice, located close to food and transport, etc.

Brawl crews are the worst thing ever. It took like 4 hours to do a 30 stock crew battle and it held everything up. Melee people were told to not play their matches and save it for the stream cause there were gonna be good matches. But jesus, 4 hours is 240 minutes, that's literally 80-100 average melee matches in the time it took a brawl crew to lose 30 stocks.
funny cuz melee finished at midnight still while we were waiting in quarters/semis for a big while until I told tinman to **** it and let em have it for this tournament. Melee took longer than brawl realisticly LOL gg hater

hopefully next time melee gets to stream round 1-2 then we get the rest. sounds fair anyhow.

DarkISDA

Smash Lord
Brawl crew battles really did take forever though. It should either have started sooner or we could have done our brackets matchs for both melee and brawl at the same time, except for quarter finals and higher I guess. Besides that, great tourney.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
the biggest problem with me for this tourney was the timing.

gay pride parada and canada day.... like really? sure americans don't have that holiday to worry about, but there was significant competition for parking, gas prices are higher this weekend (which ultimately affect americans who are driving) and road closures (which luckily didn't directly affect the roads accessing the hotel/venue, but it reroutes other roads' vehicles into the immediate traffic.

i probably spent more time on the highway than sleeping this weekend lol and i consider myself a local xD

Bing

Smash Master
You wanna lose again? sure, how much?
When's the tournament/smashfest you'll be going to? we can do it there.

Luckay, you mean Fox lol.
lol oh the confidence! I approve

Im going to ****ing **** you though.

As an amount... 5$ bo5?

next tourney is july 21, do it there ;)
Im down, I wanted to come to this anyways, I get paid the day before.

funny cuz melee finished at midnight still while we were waiting in quarters/semis for a big while until I told tinman to **** it and let em have it for this tournament. Melee took longer than brawl realisticly LOL gg hater

hopefully next time melee gets to stream round 1-2 then we get the rest. sounds fair anyhow.
That makes no sense Ally.. In terms of time, Brawl crews did take more take, hell the first match between Luckay and Swordgard took literally 10 minutes. Both games had Losers Quarters and further on stream.

the biggest problem with me for this tourney was the timing.

gay pride parada and canada day.... like really? sure americans don't have that holiday to worry about, but there was significant competition for parking, gas prices are higher this weekend (which ultimately affect americans who are driving) and road closures (which luckily didn't directly affect the roads accessing the hotel/venue, but it reroutes other roads' vehicles into the immediate traffic.

i probably spent more time on the highway than sleeping this weekend lol and i consider myself a local xD

Haha yeah sorry about this, we've already decided that IF there is an Impulse 2(Im pushing for one personally;D) that it wont be during this time, more likely in the middle of July. We had only considered Canada day at first, Pride never even came to mind until the date was picked. So our bad, sorry about the traffic.

Now this leads me to someones next point about how Brawl crews should have started sooner. We had Brawl Crews slotted at 11am, they started at 1, we were at the venue between 8-9 everyday, its not our fault people decided to go "oh look hey, registration and check in is at 9-11" *Shows up at 1:30*

With that being said, I also do understand, like summonedfist point out, the traffic was bad, so basically, personally im sorry to all those who were late because of traffic related issues, we were behind because everyone else was behind.

Were actually rather Lucky, we only had the venue to midnight both days, and people were there until atleast 3 both days, and we were there until about 4 the first night setting up.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
yaaaaaay!!!

there better be an impulse 2...

if it influences the hype, maaaaaybe i'll house again XD

swordgard

Smash Hero
You forgot about the Jiggz on the US crew. Only one of those ICs held up the CB ;)

To be fair, the reason brawl crews took so long is because half the time for brawl crews is player CPing
Not my fault you send planking pit with no time limit against me D : .

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Has it been asked yet why Swordgard only got a Bo3 in Loser Quarters when MJG vs. Mr. R was Bo5 in the other LQF?

MJG

Smash Hero
Mr. R and I thought that we were playing for 4th and when we told tin man that, we began our set. After someone (I think it was Ally) said that we were just playing for Bo3, Mr. R said "I agreed to Bo5 with him and im not going to gay him out" and we continued our set.

tl;dr: We thought wrong lol

swordgard

Smash Hero
Mr. R and I thought that we were playing for 4th and when we told tin man that, we began our set. After someone (I think it was Ally) said that we were just playing for Bo3, Mr. R said "I agreed to Bo5 with him and im not going to gay him out" and we continued our set.

tl;dr: We thought wrong lol
Technically that was never allowed, as the gentleman rule was forbidden at this tournament!

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
It was actually a Bo3 between MJG and Mr.R, they initially thought it was a Bo5 in LQF but during 'game 3' they were informed that it was actually a Bo3.
So I guess you could say that the 3rd game was a friendly.

Doesn't really matter though cause Mr.R didn't drop a game, lol.

Edit: Or, what MJG said.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
V and SG should play a continuation set imo to see who advances.
SG was going to win this tournament :D :D :D

IF SG goes 2-0, everyone must fly back to Canada to redo the tournament

swordgard

Smash Hero
Irony of all of it is I would have known if I had brought my binder lmao.

Its okayt though, no salt, v115 won the set because he played better, GGs.

fZk

Smash Lord
Time Event
9:00am-11:00am Registration/Check in
12:00pm Brawl & Melee Singles Pools Begins (1st half)
1:00pm Super Street Fighter IV AE 2012 Begins (1 day event)
3:00pm Brawl & Melee Singles Pools Begins (2nd half)
5:00pm Smash 64 Begins (1 day event)
6:00pm Brawl & Melee Doubles Pools Begins
9:00pm Melee 10 v 10 Canada vs USA Crew Battle Begins

July 1st

Time Event
9:00am-11:00am Casual Play
11:00am Brawl 10 v 10 Canada vs USA Crew Battle Begins
12:00pm Brawl & Melee Singles Pro Bracket Begins (until top 16)
12:00pm Brawl & Melee Singles Amateur Bracket Begins
1:00pm Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 (1 day event)
3:00pm Brawl & Melee Doubles Bracket Begins
7:00pm Brawl & Melee Singles top 16 Begins
10:00pm Closng Ceremonies (Awards & Payouts)

*Schedule is subject to change*
*Schedule is subject to change*
Yeah no ****!

Why even have a posted schedule when absolutely no effort effort to try to stick with it. This was so terribly ran it was laughable. These people should have absolutely no business hosting a tournament of this magnitude if they're going to have zero consideration for other people's schedule. Especially those coming form very far trusting that everything will be run in time.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Yeah no ****!

Why even have a posted schedule when absolutely no effort effort to try to stick with it. This was so terribly ran it was laughable. These people should have absolutely no business hosting a tournament of this magnitude if they're going to have zero consideration for other people's schedule. Especially those coming form very far trusting that everything will be run in time.
>Implying any non MLG/Evo smash tournament is ever run according to schedule.

unknown522

Some guy
Yeah no ****!

wow. Go **** yourself

:phone:

Bing

Smash Master
Yeah no ****!

Yeah I agree with Unknown, go suck a ****

We ran everything as best as we could considering we had registration pinned at specific times but had to be extended because people came two hours late. We had to extend Day 2 because of Brawl crews. Honestly you can **** yourself. I honestly dont understand how someone can expect everything to run perfectly on time. Obviously there are going to be delays because of extenuating circumstances but we did the best we could. Considering we had ran Melee Singles, Teams, Amateur, crews aswell as Brawl Singles, doubles, amateurs and crews. I think we made out just fine.

I'd write more, and more coherently, but Im drunk. So as an ending note, you are the only one who has said anything in regards to timing outside of having to wait because of crews.

Not you're saying why post a schedule if were not going to be anywhere near it. Okay sure, lets allow people to show up whenever the **** they want, randomly start events as we please and see how things go. Honestly you stupid ****, are you thick in the head?

Okay i'll stop now.

Dan-Da-Man

Smash Journeyman
idk about others, but I thought the venue and stream were pretty ****ing sweet

Things could've been faster, at the expense of the stream viewers, but whatever. People did what they could to make it good so be grateful and don't be a whiny *****. I imagine the proposed schedule ended early since it was unsure what resources there would be. Ex. having 1 stream, and wanting to make it good for viewers, LQF+ had to be delayed to air them for both Melee and Brawl.

Also shouts to Sk for doing liquor shots MM with me after the tourney since Cruxis left (boo) before I could do them lmao

idea

Smash Master
my fox was playing really bad so i tried puff idk

i feel i lost 'CUZ i planked =/ that was bad idea but it was one of my first high level puff dittos ive ever done so bleh o well didnt know then
hahaha i thought it was hilarious...but don't do it again

edit: i mean ledge camping, feel free to jiggs ditto people if you're not gonna go into metaknight mode

Bing

Smash Master
idk about others, but I thought the venue and stream were pretty ****ing sweet

Things could've been faster, at the expense of the stream viewers, but whatever. People did what they could to make it good so be grateful and don't be a whiny *****. I imagine the proposed schedule ended early since it was unsure what resources there would be. Ex. having 1 stream, and wanting to make it good for viewers, LQF+ had to be delayed to air them for both Melee and Brawl.

Also shouts to Sk for doing liquor shots MM with me after the tourney since Cruxis left (boo) before I could do them lmao
Yoooo did you guys do this at the venuie? XD

What's The Point

Smash Master
Okay sure, lets allow people to show up whenever the **** they want
we had registration pinned at specific times but had to be extended because people came two hours late.
Well seems you let that one happen.

You guys had to leave the venue before finishing doubles. I don't know why you'd instantly get so defensive when one guy criticizes your ability to run events in a timely manner. But I mean, good job, in two days you almost did what most tournaments do in one.

JTsm

Smash Master
wow. Go **** yourself

:phone:
Nah dude, you need to go **** yourself.

This staff did a lot of ****ty things when it came to brawl. Not finishing Doubles til 2 am, didn't start the events until the melee events ran, not even calling the brawl single matches, but instead having Tin man go to each person to do their match? I'm sorry, but this tourney was just poorly executed. Having to drive 6 hours to and back is not an easy feat. Telling us to go **** ourselves after having done all this just gives me of a reason not to go back and support Canadian smash. I have nothing against Tin Man and the rest of the staff, but I really expected better than this for their first "National".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom