• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

In case no one checks the sticky topics...

Milln

Smash Champion
If Youtube wasn't being a jerkface right now, i'd have a video to show you, but I don't. Because Youtube is a jerkface right now.

It involves Me.

Fighting Olimar.

and 3stocking him

And doing a 0 to death combo.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
1. I'm known as Maiee
2. To become a Lucario God
3. African or European?

But yes, welcome to the boards. Glad you liked Inner Fire, we'll have to look for more tricks though, I think Milln is running out of ideas! =(
Inner Fire 11: bloopers!
Wha-wha, I don't know that (yells as being thrown by mysterious force into the abyss below).

Ya, Milln, that would've been an awesome vid, or maybe showing us the Lucario combos in action. Maybe, even SJR dair? (when it gets more polished, that is)

raynal

Smash Rookie
I'm at school right now but these computer take literally 15 minutes to stream the video. I just started up with Lucario last night and I think these videos are exactly what I've been looking for. So when I get home, I will take a look and leave some feedback :p

tedward2000

Smash Champion
gah im having a major brainfart right now. people keep saying DT, and im thinking double team, but its not, or is it? (see what I mean?!?!?!)

@milin
whats going to happen to inner fire when everything is covered? (i.e. inner fire 26)
-t2

Raiderwarlord99

Smash Cadet
gah im having a major brainfart right now. people keep saying DT, and im thinking double team, but its not, or is it? (see what I mean?!?!?!)

@milin
whats going to happen to inner fire when everything is covered? (i.e. inner fire 26)
-t2
Yea Inner Fire 26!! That'd be great if there is enough material for that much. But anyway I just wanted to thank Milin for such a great series. It has really up my game alot. Now my only problem is KOing when I'm at low percents....but i guess thats what gimping is for.

Milln

Smash Champion
Smashes and D-air both kill or set up kills at low percents. Try those. =O

<3 for the support and luff.

Short hopping is barely tapping your jump button! Practice it because it is fundamental! Dodging is hawt, but don't roll too much! Spotdodge and shield is hawt!

XavantTheEnigma

Smash Journeyman
I always thought rolling was superior to shields and dodging. Til after browsing recent vids.

I must have an incorrect understanding of short hopping. It seems like when I see you guys play Lucario he just falls faster after a neutral air or somthing.

Milln

Smash Champion
Rolling is horrible. Sure, it's hard to punish online due to lag, but it's easysauce to punish offline. Each time you roll, you throw up a red flag for your opponent, who is watching you if he's any good. He will take note of how you roll when in certain situations and will put you into the situation, ready for your roll and then you take an fsmash or dsmash directly into the face, or even thrown.

If you roll away from your opponent, you lose all your ability to counter them before they recover from their attack animation. You can't throw, you can launch a projectile, you can't run up and attack, you can't do anything. Both players are essentially restarting their approach, which does not put you in a favorable position when you could have been in one.

That said, Shielding and Spotdodges are far superior in which they allow you to absorb or avoid an attack or attacks and be able to reciprocate the blows easily.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Air dodges have been uberfied from the last game, so use SHAD a lot, it'll be gewd. Roll dodge, while fast, is not good for spamming at a tourney setting. Spot dodge is alright, but can be punished hard, so be careful.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Sorry if this is already answered, I haven't seen all 7 pages yet, but what is your opinion of using a walk to dodge? Also, although I haven't really tried it yet, how's a run (away from attack).

XavantTheEnigma

Smash Journeyman
I'm assuming this punish would mean

*Rolls -> Metal Gear Solid ( " ! " ) w/ sound efx -> Gets smashed and KO'd due to horrible choice of strategy!*

Hyprodimus Prime

Smash Cadet
Kind of off topic, but I use rolls to move faster, is that a good thing? Say my opponent is at a high percent and I land a F-smash going the other way off the edge. Should I use rolls to chase him because I find a few rolls are faster than dashing.

Nodrak

Smash Ace
If there is no chance for them to punish you, it's not a bad idea =P Just don't get into the habit, people like to punish bad rolls harshly

Milln

Smash Champion
I'm assuming this punish would mean

*Rolls -> Metal Gear Solid ( " ! " ) w/ sound efx -> Gets smashed and KO'd due to horrible choice of strategy!*
That is correct.

Also, you can use rolls to move faster if it's effective. Lucario's is, because it is very fast.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Or, if ur in Luigi's Mansion, u could do the Extreme Awesome for speed.

Oh yeah, and yes, walking/running/dash dance is good for placing urself at a good spot without too much lag/punishment, and I do it quite a bit, on top of SHAD.

Omega Deman

Smash Apprentice
All things are situational. It may be best to roll to create space, but normally not when the opponent is already in your face. That is asking to be punished. Jumping away while using a Fair does create space and just may hit...

Milln

Smash Champion
Omg wtf Innah Fiyah Eleven. =ooooooooooooooooooooo MAYBE EVEN A TWELVE AND THIRTEEN.

Browny

Smash Hater
need a whole episode dedicated to the awesomeness of usmash imo.could probably spend the first 8 minutes trying to locate the hitbox, so its easily possible :D

Browny

Smash Hater
usmash is a pretty good defense against roll dodgers, at least it cant be shielded/misstimed like utilt can :D

Browny

Smash Hater
usmash > all of fox's approaches (dair, SH dair, full-hop dair)

amirite?

no seriously, usmash definitely needs more love. i wasnt joking about an entire ep for it >_> (maybe 5 minutes at least :D )

PowerBomb

Smash Master
usmash > all of fox's approaches (dair, SH dair, full-hop dair)

amirite?

no seriously, usmash definitely needs more love. i wasnt joking about an entire ep for it >_> (maybe 5 minutes at least :D )
Whaaa? U-smash is weird.
The hitbox screws me over. The lingering hitbox can clank with Snake's f-tilt.

Baky

Smash Journeyman
I will create competition for this video series, known as Inner Fire. Mine will be known as Outer Fire.

...but first I have boot camp.

See ya in 3 months! =D

...nah, you know i love you Millz <3

Milln

Smash Champion
I will create competition for this video series, known as Inner Fire. Mine will be known as Outer Fire.

...but first I have boot camp.

See ya in 3 months! =D

...nah, you know i love you Millz <3
<3 Baky <3

Top Bottom