• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

In the memory of n00b.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
While having our own personal session is mourning is as natural as death itself and I have no problem with that, people die... a lot. Freak accidents like these can happen to anyone at unexpected times, and that's probably the only thing that truly makes this sad.

Player 3

Smash Apprentice
nes noob was amazing

i only saw him 4-5 times, but we played alot and i seriously never saw him not smiling

he even ledge drop rested me and hit me all the way under dreamland so i could recover in teams while on the other team

RIP

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Someone should print this thread out for her mother...some of these posts are very touching.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
I can't believe this.

Reading through this thread and watching the video has me in tears.

He, along with IHSB/HyperDragon, stayed at my place for TO5. Even knowing him for such a short time, I was touched by his amazing attitude toward...everything, really. I have nothing but respect for that man... Everyone else who's met him even if just briefly at a tourney or something seems to feel the same way.

Jack/Chad/the rest of midsouth/DML --- I'm so sorry for your loss...I can't imagine what it's like to lose someone who was not only so close to you but someone who was as amazing as Ryan seemed to be. My heart goes out to all of you and to his mother/family.

I would gladly contribute to a tribute tourney to honor him and help his family.

Ryan...you will be missed.

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
Met him once, talked to him a bunch of times the man was so nice.

They only the good die young, here is proof.

R.I.P nes n00b

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
While having our own personal session is mourning is as natural as death itself and I have no problem with that, people die... a lot. Freak accidents like these can happen to anyone at unexpected times, and that's probably the only thing that truly makes this sad.
You forget the attachments that people have.

While I respect your right to an opinion, this is definitely not the place for being so ****ing impersonal.

Either pay your respects or don't say anything at all.

Smooth Criminal

The Newb

Smash Ace
Life is so fleeting. I never met this man, but the pain I feel for his family and his friends is very real.

The words his mother spoke in that interview are ones of profound wisdom. You never know how much time you have with those that you love.

There's too much grief in this world already. Condolences to everybody and everyone.

R.I.P. NES n00b.

Alukard

Smash Hero
dammit ... i'm sooo sad ... i see everyone with his avatar and i think its him i seriously used to read his posts in the scar thread. And he would make me laugh with his sarcasm =\ ... i feel for everyone who actually knew him personally especially outside of smash peeps he seemed really freaking cool. =[

Sariku

Smash Master
It's a sad time when someone of our community has to leave us. The fragility of our mortal lives is never more so clean when viewed in the demoralizing light of a recent death. I hope that someone will pass this thread on to the family members so that they can see how loved and respected their son was, even though we knew him only as a fellow Smash player. I had the chance to meet him, if only briefly during LAST 2 way back 11/22 of last year. He was there for Melee, and I don't think that I even had a chance to say hello, but to know that someone that was in the community is gone, is a terrible thing.

I hope that his close friends, family, and smash community can rebound from his loss quickly.
FOR EVERYONE WHO AGREES WITH THIS...

I live twenty minutes away from his mother, and I have spoken to her before. I am driving down there soon to give her her husband's ring back, but if anyone has any requests or wants to write anything down for her, I will print them out with your name and an email address if you want to give it to her- I'll do all this personally and tell you guys all her responses.

I also plan to make a video for n00b using some of his Smash videos, as well as quotes that people have said for him and admiration we have for him. If anyone has anything special to add to EITHER of these, PM me and I promise you I will get it to her personally.

JMOAN

Smash Apprentice
I don't even know what to say. I made a comment on Facebook, but I feel like I should post here as well.

NES will be missed. He was a great player and a great guy. This is terrible news.

I still remember when he was a nobody in the smash community. I first met him at an INNsomnia biweekly, in the days when I could beat him. I have no idea where he learned all his amazing skills since then, but I always loved playing with him.

Seems like he was always smiling, doesn't it?

-Ran

Smash Master
I digged through Facebook and found his Mother's account. I just PMed her the following message.

We, as a community are shocked and saddened by our loss. I personally did not know your son, but I was an avid part of the video game community that your son so loved. If you wish to read the kind words of everyone that has known your son around the nation, who saw him as an amazing, fun loving man, then please go to this link.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=256913

You knew him as Ryan, to us he was NES N00b. The name aside, he was by all accounts a wonderful individual, one that our community will surely miss.

Smoke and smash

Smash Journeyman
Never knew nesnoob but I feel sorry for him and anyone who knew him. His death seemed quite untimely =( and it's never cool to lose a fellow gamer.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
You forget the attachments that people have.

While I respect your right to an opinion, this is definitely not the place for being so ****ing impersonal.

Either pay your respects or don't say anything at all.

Smooth Criminal
Perhaps I'm more annoyed that it takes a death "within the community" to get people to turn an eye than anything else. Pardon me for not gushing irrationally over someone I had not met or spoken to but instead limited my respects to regret that he was still taken in such a random and unforeseen manner. Already no gives a crap about the other driver who died in the crash even though circumstances surrounding the accident are unknown.

You don't need to try to understand me if you don't.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
honestly buddy, no one gives half as **** what you think right now. If nes noob meant nothing to you, you can simply leave the thread.

And even though I don't mod the melee forums, I won't give it a second thought to ban your *** if you become a problem in this thread.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
omfg...I'm straight up sobbing.
i told ryan i thought he had a better chance than any other falcon of winning pound 4...he was one of my favorite dudes to hang with at tournies
this is so ****ing awful
R
I
P
I'm gunna pour out some whiskey for you tonight Ryan.
hey ryoko **** yourself, nesn00b was an outstanding person and a good friend
if you didn't have the experience of meeting him then step off

Umby

Smash Master
Perhaps I'm more annoyed that it takes a death "within the community" to get people to turn an eye than anything else. Pardon me for not gushing irrationally over someone I had not met or spoken to but instead limited my respects to regret that he was still taken in such a random and unforeseen manner. Already no gives a crap about the other driver who died in the crash even though circumstances surrounding the accident are unknown.

A death within the community is a ****ing tragic loss. A community is made of people who support and befriend each other. When a member of that community is lost, the people close to that person (or at least really liked or respected that person) are going to "turn an eye." It's not as if we had turned away from in the first place. No one expects you to break down in tears for someone you don't know, but it's really ****ing disrespectful to make it seem like his death is irrelevant. There's the other driver to be considered, yes. I'm sure we all regret his death as well, but Ryan Roberts was a lot closer to us, making it obvious that mourning over him takes priority.

-Ran

Smash Master
I actually have Kismet and Reflex at my apartment right now... They are asleep, I don't want to give them the bad news. =( I'm sure at least one of them knew Ryan.

Scidadle

Smash Champion
Wow never ever could have seen this coming.

Rest in peace Nes N00b your posts always put a smile on my face. Unfortunately I never got a chance to meet you but I would have loved too. RIP man. RIP

Argenteus

Smash Rookie
I had the pleasure of hanging out with him for a weekend some time ago...one of the most genial people I've ever met.

R.I.P.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
A death within the community is a ****ing tragic loss. A community is made of people who support and befriend each other. When a member of that community is lost, the people close to that person (or at least really liked or respected that person) are going to "turn an eye." It's not as if we had turned away from in the first place. No one expects you to break down in tears for someone you don't know, but it's really ****ing disrespectful to make it seem like his death is irrelevant. There's the other driver to be considered, yes. I'm sure we all regret his death as well, but Ryan Roberts was a lot closer to us, making it obvious that mourning over him takes priority.
Thank you, Umby. This pretty much sums up what I was saying.

I apologize for my outburst.

Smooth Criminal

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
It's really terrible, thinking about it makes me cringe. Though I haven't spoken with NES n00b much, the very few times I did, he seemed like a extreme awesome guy. It is sad to see someone die like this so young. It's absolutely awfully.

Frames

DI
i first met nes noob at tipped off 4...he was such a great person and fun to play with

then at genesis...we didnt get to play but we sat and talked for a while about life and stuff...it was really nice

i can say that im very proud to have known him...he will be missed

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
Is this number 3?

Undisputed
KishCubed
Nes n00b

Anyone else I'm missing?
Kuja. He was a SC smasher that passed away recently as well, a few months back or so.

But of course this isn't about him right now, though may he rest in peace as well. NES N00b...being gone...I just...don't know what to say. Why do the nicest and kindest souls always get it the worst? RIP Ryan...

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
I did not know Ryan Roberts at all, but using him as an example that unnatural death can in fact creep in anyone's life at any time and make an impact is hardly something I equate to "making it seem irrelevant." Enjoy life more, because it may not be there the next moment.

Alukard

Smash Hero

well that doesn't make sense ...

because we are a smash community ... we come on here to talk about smash and not life and cars and girls bro... thats wat those random other discussion are for lol ... seriously now ... isn't this under melee discussion ... and i dunno about the rest of the world but i only knew about him through SMASH ... and If i would care about everyone that passes away then i would be needing a box of tissues to watch the news ... i didn't know the other driver at all ... so its kinda hard to just keep saying o poor other dude ... this thread is about nes not "other driver" ... funny how u didn't bother to care and write his real name either

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey guys, in the wake of this current tragedy I've written a passage I would love to see added to the beginning of tournaments before the reading of rules and matches. It's not long but I believe it sums up the community's collective feelings towards our fallen brothers and would be a fitting tribute to those whom we've lost over the lifespan of the community. Here it is:

"Welcome to (tournament Name) before we begin myself and the other hosts would like to extend our thoughts to those members of our community whom we have tragically lost. Und1sputed, KishCubed, I know I'm missing someone here please let m know who and NES n00b. While you play today do so in the spirit of these men who loved this game just as much as you do. And now a moment of silence (optional)"

I just need to know who that fourth person is, and if I've somehow missed anymore people. I implore you to please consider adding this to the beginning of your tournaments. It's a fitting tribute I think and helps to keep their names fresh in mind as well as to educate newer players about those who have come before them and gone.

PM me opinions and such or post it here and I'll try to read them all. Let me know what you think.

Top Bottom