• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

In the memory of n00b.

Umby

Smash Master
I did not know Ryan Roberts at all, but using him as an example that unnatural death can in fact creep in anyone's life at any time and make an impact is hardly something I equate to "making it seem irrelevant." Enjoy life more, because it may not be there the next moment.
If that's really what you want to convey, you should make yourself more clear instead of sounding like an ***.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
So, im reading through some of Nesnoobs posts in the falcon boards...T_T

Also this
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bRZxfph6e64&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bRZxfph6e64&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

we won't be seeing anything like that anymore...:<

Milln

Smash Champion
Motherf..,.fakjf;lkajdsfkj

This is dumb. I'm pretty upset.

I'm gonna pick up Jigglypuff.

And download a bunch of crazy-*** japanese fighter games that may or may not contain lolis and play the hell out of them.

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
Dang I can't believe this... Ryan was so awesome.

He was the first guy to really tell me how much Brawl sucked and being a scrub i wouldn't believe him. Eventually I finally met him and he was the coolest guy, we played Melee and Brawl for hours and he decimated me with his CF and Link. A real fun and funny guy, I just can't believe it and after seeing the story and pics... it's too much. Going to DML tourneys, the time I went to KO's with them. Seeing him at Genesis and hanging out having fun...

Ryan will be missed and I'll be praying for his mother.

@Scidadle
he would also play a beast jiggs sometimes. we played some doubles where he was jiggs and I was Link. Of course he was holding up the team.

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
I don't know why, but it is hard to believe he is gone. I keep thinking to myself, they made a mistake there is no way that was him. It's just feels so wrong, he was and forever will be one of my closest friends. I do love knowing that we had some adventures together. Especially outside of melee, so glad though I got to know him as the sweet guy he is.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=202408&page=4

this is so ironic

I remember back when I took these pics. Funny I remember jack being so uncooperative about it, shooting me looks like go away. We both know I can be annoying XD. I just never wanted to forget those moments, thinking life can't be better. Anyway, I want to stop feeling so horrible and just accept this. I know he won't come back, but still and always.... We will love you nes :chuckle:

TresChikon

Smash Lord
RIP nes n00b

Ryoko's input basically expresses that, cliche as it may be, everyone should live everyday to the fullest.

He's just a bit dismayed that it would take a death of someone close to open their eyes to that fact.

I didn't know the man, but nes n00b must have been a very complete and passionate individual in order to affect his peers so deeply.

P.S. Perhaps a tributary combo video would be appropriate for such a dear smasher?

AustinRC

Smash Lord
I was lucky enough to have played NES n00b a few times at TGMTSBCO. I hadnt played him since then, he and I had been talking on AIM for the past few months about the upcoming tournament in Oklahoma. Its a tragedy that he died. I really wish I could have gotten to know him better. My heart goes out to his family and friends.

You will be sincerely missed NES n00b.

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
RIP My falcon friend. This is very shocking and very sad. LIfe can be taken away just like that. Enjoy the times you have with friends and family.

RIP noob, Falcon forever

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Gah, that picture of him playing me just hits too close to home. Those were some of my most treasured times, times in his company. Thanks Iori for catching those just a few of those special moments he spent with us.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
I have gotten to know Ryan pretty well through all of the midwest tournaments he has been to, and he was an amazing guy to know. Very fun to talk to, very positive and encouraging, and i loved his wacky sense of humor. RIP Ryan.

MasterShake

Smash Lord
I just got home and checked the melee boards on gfaqs....only to find a topic titled "RIP NES n00b". Immediately my heart sunk. I also did not have the privilege to meet him, but reading all these posts tells me that he must've been one hell of a guy. I saw him in sleepyk's IHOP madness videos and noticed his big smile...you can just tell he was a fun, positive person.

RIP Ryan Roberts aka NES n00b

I'm going to watch mountain combo another 50 times and hope it makes me feel better.

CCCP

Smash Journeyman
I don't know why, but it is hard to believe he is gone. I keep thinking to myself, they made a mistake there is no way that was him. It's just feels so wrong.....I just never wanted to forget those moments, thinking life can't be better. Anyway, I want to stop feeling so horrible and just accept this. I know he won't come back, but still and always.... We will love you nes :chuckle:
Made me cry like a *****, but it's so true. RIP N00b

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I just read this thread from start to finish and I feel completely awful about it.

I never knew or met the guy but from these heartfelt words I feel like I know him.

Rest peacefully nes n00b, you will be missed...

zBOREDOMKINGz

Smash Apprentice
I just finished reading this thread and I wanted to cry really bad. I wish I could've met him due to the fact that he made an impact on everyone he met. As corny it sounds I'm going to try to live life to the fullest now that I've seen how easily it can slip away. And I'll keep his mother in prayer. She has lost so much in such a short time. God bless her and I hope that Ryan is having a good time in Heaven... RIP :[

DJRome

Smash Hero
I hope that we can find an address and a phone number so that we can text and/or write his mother our condolences. That would be fantastic for all of us and especially for her.

2-Tone

Smash Journeyman
Oh my god. He was just at Purdue and won singles. This is terrible. What a sad day. He was a great guy...

He probably has the sexiest captain in heaven, though I bet. Sure as hell whooped my *** in friendlies. I only beat it once.

The rest of the KY crew sends their prayers as well, I'm sure.

RIP nes n00b.

Gaara♥

Smash Master
mannnnn this is so sad!
Nes n00b was always one of the smashers I wanted to meet out of state
his falcon was so legit and he just seemed like a really cool guy
R.I.P.

CCCP

Smash Journeyman
I still have one of the spiders from that cake, hahaha..man, good times. That had to be one of the most awesome birthday parties I've ever attended, too

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama

Sadly, I was unable to whip anything better up this early in the morning. Still, I felt the need to make a post here with something in dedication to a fellow Falcon. NES n00b, though I never had the honor of meeting him, his reputation as both a smasher and for good sportsmanship certainly gave him a handful of respect from me. My deepest sympathy goes out to his family, especially his mother, for their loss. Losing a family member this close around the Holidays is absolutely horrible [...And according to the article, his mother didn't even get to see him since he was on the way there, which makes it a hundred times worse]. He was an amazing Falcon and most of all, a great friend to many people. The world needs more people like NES; and hopefully this served as a wake-up call to some of the more inconsiderate people on these boards. Throw your silly grudges aside -- because you never know who to, or when, a tragedy like this could occur again.

I'm sure NES is looking down at us with his Falcon Helmet on.
A large smirk curved on his face as he shows his moves to the Gods.

*Forever he will be our Hero*
Rest in Peace, NES n00b.
You deserve it.​

Jonas

Smash Champion
I didn't know him at all, but it's always sad when somebody dies :(
So yeah I'm going to watch some of his matches now so I have something to remember him by. Rip n00b :(

D

Deleted member

Following Fusegen, KishCubed, co & me, and Undisputed.

Really tragic, but there's nothing any of us can do for him now.

If you guys want to pick a fight with Ryoko, take it elsewhere.

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer

Sadly, I was unable to whip anything better up this early in the morning. Still, I felt the need to make a post here with something in dedication to a fellow Falcon. NES n00b, though I never had the honor of meeting him, his reputation as both a smasher and for good sportsmanship certainly gave him a handful of respect from me. My deepest sympathy goes out to his family, especially his mother, for their loss. Losing a family member this close around the Holidays is absolutely horrible [...And according to the article, his mother didn't even get to see him since he was on the way there, which makes it a hundred times worse]. He was an amazing Falcon and most of all, a great friend to many people. The world needs more people like NES; and hopefully this served as a wake-up call to some of the more inconsiderate people on these boards. Throw your silly grudges aside -- because you never know who to, or when, a tragedy like this could occur again.

I'm sure NES is looking down at us with his Falcon Helmet on.
A large smirk curved on his face as his shows his moves to the Gods.

*Forever he will be our Hero*
Rest in Peace, NES n00b.
You deserve it.​
Quality mate. Couldn't have said it better

Daysoo

Smash Ace
I can't believe he's gone.
It was always such a pleasure to hang out with him.
Playing smash, cracking jokes, telling stories...
No matter what we were doing, he was always a treat.
Though I only ever saw him at smashfests and tournaments, I grew to like him a great deal almost immediately when I first met him.
He had that effect on people.
Now I'll never get to speak to him again.
I'll never see his smile again.
But I'll never forget the times we shared.
I'll miss you, man.

Suspect

Smash Hero
Perhaps I'm more annoyed that it takes a death "within the community" to get people to turn an eye than anything else. Pardon me for not gushing irrationally over someone I had not met or spoken to but instead limited my respects to regret that he was still taken in such a random and unforeseen manner. Already no gives a crap about the other driver who died in the crash even though circumstances surrounding the accident are unknown.

You don't need to try to understand me if you don't.
honestly buddy, no one gives half as **** what you think right now. If nes noob meant nothing to you, you can simply leave the thread.

And even though I don't mod the melee forums, I won't give it a second thought to ban your *** if you become a problem in this thread.
wow, after reading what he posted and then seeing what you posted it seems like you can't read and should lose you mod powers.

Anyways i never knew him but have heard the name before. R.I.P to him and everyone else who died in the crash.

Top Bottom