• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inception mafia: Town and Indy Joint Win!

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Vocal, stop misusing WIFOM.

http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Wine_In_Front_Of_Me

I haven't actually read like, half the things on Page 8, but I'll get back to in about 43 hours or so, or less, whatever I feel like. Hanging out with people tonight.

And stuff like that is why it LOOKS like we don't much time, but we really don't. On that note, @Vocal: You aren't particularly interested in a Kirbyoshi lynch, but you aren't actually opposed to it, right? Would you vote for him if the alternative was No Lynch?

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
To be a little clearer rather than simply posting that link, the core concept of WIFOM is "circular reasoning". He wouldn't do blah because blah, which means he would! But, he'd know we know he'd know, so he wouldn't!

At some port or another, every that TAKES an action MUST have done it for SOME reason. People letting us know where they think that roulette wheel ends helps us know where their head is at, and what they are thinking about.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
J: I honestly didn't really consider you all that inactive, even if you actually were.
Why would you not consider my inactive even if I were? That is just well.....weird. =x

I WILL NOT BE A LURKER!
Why make such the affirmation of this? =/

J you idiot, I explained why DH was town in #146
Wait you mean this?

because in #141 he actually made the effort to explain himself properly even though he wasn't asked to.
Really? That is your explaination for him being town? That's your reasoning for believeing he is town....no wait you say that DH IS town. This reasoning is weak. Don't even try and skate by that.

By the way this translates to "Are you talking about kuz or Rockin?"
You know what? No. Inactivity is a plague that can severely damage all of us. If Rockin's slot goes the full distance of inactivity, his slot will be allowed to coast right into Day 2 because he or she will need time to "catch up" and thus can get away with "Well, I don't like blah blah blahhhhh". And everyone will say their customary piece about how they personally feel about inactivity/replacements, which will have no actual bearing on their alignment. And YET, others will agree with them, and bring them into their fold. I will not create the shadows in which the assassins in our midst will hide.

I realize the REAL enemy is MASS inactivity. Call this overreacting. But really, I don't want someone clearing someone else because they said we need as many voices as we can or some stupid Magicrap like that. If we're going the replacement route for Rockin, then I demand a free pass for lurking for the rest of the Day until the final 3 days, then someone to say that that can't be held against me. It boils down to the same thing.

@Tanny: Jester-Kuz would have no reason to buddy anyone. Besides, if you are worried that Kuz is a Jester, then why would you say you would autohammer him? Also, if you can't read what I said, it's "Are you talking about Kuz or Rockin?"

@Vocal: Not just yet.

@X1, since I can't tell how serious you're being: I'm embracing my new passive-aggressive nature. My old personality was bull, I know, and yet I know people are going to call the New Me fishy.
Two ENTIRELY different posts here. Also of course Cello could translate his own post but you try and translate it yourself.

actually **** that ****, DH is town
Read? Yes. You adamantly affirmed with this post saying that DH IS TOWN. You changed yourr wording from possibly being town to saying "**** this, DH IS TOWN." You pretty much auto-cleared him or expressed the fact that he was your strongest town read. Plus making it note that if DH did flip town if he was ever lynched or NK'd that you couuld pull this up and say "told ya so."

@J: No. My mind isn't closed. I'd agree with you on X1, but right now I'll vote Sir Bed. I didn't remember to ask for Tanny though, haha. I just remembered you earlier in the thread and noticed you weren't here. : ]
"I'd agree with you." What does this mean? Do you agree or do you not? ^^ Also does this mean you would be voting for X1 if Sir B were more active?

Guys really? Who's lynch bears the most info? *points to X1* Seriously we will learn info in regards to th3kuzi, Kirbyoshi, Myself, Dark Horse, Cello and Rockin. X1 has been Cello's right hand man just doing whatever he does. Must I really explain why? I've done it perfusely. Lynching inactives is just a way scum can scapegoat an easy lynch. I am adamantly apposed to lynching inactives and rather I like to lynch people who are actually being scummy.

X1 lynch>>>>>>Kirbyoshi Lynch>>>>>th3kuzi Lynch>>>>>Rockin Lynch

Can you honestly tell me otherwise? Or someone who is more deserving at the current time? If so please tell me so I can hurt you with something shiny....

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Alright, read back through the game up til page 7 and skimmed that. Still not seeing anything that would help me determine someone to be mafia, at least not yet. I do have a couple questions though.
Anyway, I think the scum team is Dark Horse, Teryble Doom and Rockin. It's purely a coincidence, you know, that. Good night.
@Vocal: Not just yet.
Now then? And if not now, when? What are you waiting for?

Also, do you think you could link me to games you've played previously, of both townie and mafia persuasion?

@Everyone:What do you currently think about Cello's case on KirbYoshi?

On that note, @Vocal: You aren't particularly interested in a Kirbyoshi lynch, but you aren't actually opposed to it, right? Would you vote for him if the alternative was No Lynch?
If there was no alternative, then yes. No lynch does nothing to help town early in a game; we need a flip if we're going to go anywhere. If KY was the only one on the chopping block then it would be a necessary risk.
Vocal, stop misusing WIFOM.
Ok, my b :c I'll look the definition back up when I plan to use it in the future; otherwise I'll just try to be more clear about the problems I have with a quote.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Gotta love how I dis-appeared off the face of the earth in this game and not a single question was posed at me the entire time (except the one from rockin' thinking I was Cello's brother (lol)).

As for policing inactives, why was I not mentioned in that list? Especially since I had been one of the main topics of conversation. /arrogance

J is right in the fact that X1's case on me and his affirmation of town-Dark Horse has little merit and I am surprised not many other people picked up it.

Besides X1 just going along with whatever lynch charismatic players want (cuz he x1), Dark Horse's change in attitude from RVS until now irks me. Just going from what I recall, he starts out the day with a cop guilty on me and, considering he mentioned no-where in his post that he was kidding, I ask why he was not trying to get my wagon going. In direct response to the pseudo-cop claim, I also told him that if he claimed anything else this game we would lynch him (obviously a statement full of air). In response to this he shrugs it off by saying "you do know this is RVS, right?" and promptly drops the subject. Yet from that post onward, he lets Cello and X1 try to rip into me with a shoddy case before questioning J as to why he would not be okay with my lynch. Now what caused this change of heart from simply "RVS guilty shenanigans" to "J, Kuz is legit scum, vote him." Below is the post detailing my scuminess.

Dark Horse said:
he had attempted to buddy with cello. When accused, he claimed that buddying early D1 wasn't scummy (which it is), as well as that was a reaction test (which can be an excuse for a scummy action). Then he goes voting X1 because he hasn't contributed much (which seems like a bad OMGUS, considering he got this kuz wagon going)
Yes I did, and?

No its not.

How? If I had info on Cello meta, why would I not try to draw out scum-reaction meta from him to gauge his alignment. What type of scum would need to bait people into scum-slipping, when they already know who scum are?

He joined my wagon for terrible reasons and then proceeded to defeat my logic with "kuz is scum, lynch kuz ffs." Seems like I was the perfect scapegoat, considering Cello declined my offer, to scum-hunt.

Incorrect meaning of OMGUS because I provided a reasoning for voting X1 instead of just voting him because he voted me. Don't throw around the term if you don't fully understand it. Plus, Cello was the one who started the Wagon, while X1 just spurred it on with sophomoric helpful comments.

As for questioning X1's reasoning for affirming town-DH, I think Kirbyoshi does a very good job summing up my thoughts.

Why, because he agrees with you?
Also, its seems Dark Horse has such a good case on me, that he feels this statement was in order.

DH said:
If rockin continues lurking, I might vote him after Kuz dies. Not right now, no. 11 pages isn't really what I would call really lurking, while Kuz is pretty darn scummy
In my experiences with town-DH, he usually backs off a target after he is questioned/pressured about it. Why he feels I am pretty darn scummy and feels to need to prematurely shut the lid to my coffin, in the second day, is beyond me. He also goes on to day that we have plenty of time before the deadline and we should not be hasty. If he actually believed that, why is he so set on lynching me that he says no-one else should even be brought into the equation. Does not seem like something town-DH would do in his situation.

As of this moment, DH or X1 are fine candidates for me. Frankly, the case on Rockin' is bull and I would have to re-read to see the case on kirbyoshi, as I was not focusing in-depth on his posts the first time through.

Of course, if anyone has any pressing questions they want answered, please quote them again and I will be glad to respond.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
TBH, it's weak. Though I've already said I've disagreed with it soooo~ :p
Do forgive me; I know that several people have spoken on it already. I just feel more comfortable asking again as opposed to reviewing pages past; I'd rather not take the chance of skimming over what I'm looking for and it's also possible that opinions have changed.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
J is right in the fact that X1's case on me and his affirmation of town-Dark Horse has little merit and I am surprised not many other people picked up it.
Oh, my mistake here; I mentioned earlier that X1 seems to be following the same patterns he did in the other game I played with him, but I didn't say specifically that this is what I meant. Actually, X1, do you have any games on SWF in which you were aligned with mafia?

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I sorta answered that at the beginning of my last big post, but I dislike the case against KY in terms of Cello. Like my case as well as Kuz's case, there isn't enough merit to consider them a lynch. I also feel we gain nothing from that lynch as well.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
et from that post onward, he lets Cello and X1 try to rip into me with a shoddy case before questioning J as to why he would not be okay with my lynch. Now what caused this change of heart from simply "RVS guilty shenanigans" to "J, Kuz is legit scum, vote him." Below is the post detailing my scuminess.
Kuz,, your attitude of "lynch me, cop has a guilty on me" is probably a WIFOM to not get yourself lynched.And who doesn't want to get lynched? Scum! What's your defense of this?

How? If I had info on Cello meta, why would I not try to draw out scum-reaction meta from him to gauge his alignment. What type of scum would need to bait people into scum-slipping, when they already know who scum are?
I'm saying that you probably didn't mean that as a reaction test, you're just saying it was as an excuse for the buddying, as you faced alot of pressure because of it.

He joined my wagon for terrible reasons and then proceeded to defeat my logic with "kuz is scum, lynch kuz ffs." Seems like I was the perfect scapegoat, considering Cello declined my offer, to scum-hunt.
dat AtR.

Incorrect meaning of OMGUS because I provided a reasoning for voting X1 instead of just voting him because he voted me. Don't throw around the term if you don't fully understand it. Plus, Cello was the one who started the Wagon, while X1 just spurred it on with sophomoric helpful comments.
Some OMGUS's are discreet. Basically, I count bad reasons for voting a person who's voting you, such as what you were doing with X1.

As for questioning X1's reasoning for affirming town-DH, I think Kirbyoshi does a very good job summing up my thoughts.

In my experiences with town-DH, he usually backs off a target after he is questioned/pressured about it. Why he feels I am pretty darn scummy and feels to need to prematurely shut the lid to my coffin, in the second day, is beyond me. He also goes on to day that we have plenty of time before the deadline and we should not be hasty. If he actually believed that, why is he so set on lynching me that he says no-one else should even be brought into the equation. Does not seem like something town-DH would do in his situation.

That depends on the case, not the person. For example I didn't back down with kevin in YT.

And here's more proof of why kuz is scum: In DnD and YT, he attacked me when I attacked him. That's what's happening now.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Kuz,, your attitude of "lynch me, cop has a guilty on me" is probably a WIFOM to not get yourself lynched.And who doesn't want to get lynched? Scum! What's your defense of this?
You caught me. But actually, maybe it was a WIFOM to not get myself lynched so that when you called me out on it it was a WIFOM to actually get myself lynched. You see where this is going? Got to love how you even used the word probably to describe a WIFOM situation.

And its not, in case that sarcasm confused you.

I'm saying that you probably didn't mean that as a reaction test, you're just saying it was as an excuse for the buddying, as you faced alot of pressure because of it.
These statement get us no-where and really highlight that you are unsure of what you are accusing me for. Do you have any proof I meant it as a reaction test? Any proof to the contrary? We could just go back and forth all day without solving anything.

This is not how Dark Horse plays town. He usually does not use this type of language to make a point.

Some OMGUS's are discreet. Basically, I count bad reasons for voting a person who's voting you, such as what you were doing with X1.
Why is my reasoning for voting X1 shoddy? Do you disagree that he simply banked off of Cello's assertions and made a poor push in my direction? Do you also disagree that he has yet to make any moves that push for someone other than who Cello was pushing for? What is your reasoning for affirming x1 as town?

That depends on the case, not the person. For example I didn't back down with kevin in YT.
That's very nice and all, that you found one instance in your mafia career that goes against my statement, but you still have not responded to

th3kuzinator said:
Why he feels I am pretty darn scummy and feels to need to prematurely shut the lid to my coffin, in the second day, is beyond me. He also goes on to day that we have plenty of time before the deadline and we should not be hasty. If he actually believed that, why is he so set on lynching me that he says no-one else should even be brought into the equation. Does not seem like something town-DH would do in his situation.
Do you have any other scum picks? Or am I the only one who has been playing pretty darn scummy.

And here's more proof of why kuz is scum: In DnD and YT, he attacked me when I attacked him. That's what's happening now.
First of all, this statement is simply untrue. I never attacked you in DnD, as, I was too busy playing up the noobcard to do any type of attack. I already explained in thread why I did in YT memes. Secondly, I am not personally attacking you in any of these posts, like I somewhat did in YT memes. I am simply refuting your case against me, which is bogus. If you find that town-kuz would just ignore your points and that scum-kuz would respond to them, you have your meta completely wrong.

X1-12

Smash Champion
@X1: What is the advantage of baseless wagoning? Does it help us... become better, or is it just to get us out of the way?
noobs crack and make themselves easier to read. Hence what I was talking to Rockin about when in community we pressure wagonned Gboy and he cracked, I just happened to be a noob and misinterpret it that game.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Wait you mean this?

Really? That is your explaination for him being town? That's your reasoning for believeing he is town....no wait you say that DH IS town. This reasoning is weak. Don't even try and skate by that.
You might think its weak, but why would scum think to do that, and DH is not smart enough to fake that. Why do you have a problem with me thinking he is town?
Please do not tell me these are the two posts you are referencing....

Two ENTIRELY different posts here. Also of course Cello could translate his own post but you try and translate it yourself.
What other posts would I be referencing.. LOL you asked cello to translate something which I said had already been translated twice, you then pull up the posts, what other posts could it possibly be? Even then what is scummy about translating something so that everyone can read it? Your language here is also terrible and pretty underhand, having a dig at me for translating it - or "trying" to translate it which is a ******* thing to say when my translation was exactly the same as Cello said it was.
Do not quiet understand this at all.

@Ran: Do you understand what he is getting at? I know you answered in response to this but what exactly is he referencing?
OK. I know in mario newbie he played the noob card. I said that I know he is not a complete noob anymore - I've played with him, and spoken to him about mafia theory - and so that if he tried to act as a noob I will lynch him
Bull**** here bro. This is a weak reasoning to make someone look scummy for an action that is not. Seriously do you consider that a serious scum-tell in which you are persuing this that adamantly in which you wanna lynch th3kuzi? Oh wait now you wanna lynch Kirbyoshi??? Wtf is this ****.jpg
You know that do you? Unvoting in RVS IS scummy, Sworddancer agrees that it usually is a tell but you don't mention him do you? Just quick proof you are either skimming or tunnelling here. Unvoting without revoting in RVS is like a standard tell.
*stifles laughter*

Really you wouldn't call following his every move like his loyal ***** buddying? Kay~ Aaaaand your calling out kuzi because of the situation in which he buddyed? Maaaaan.
Here is buddying

Player A: "Hey, I think Player C is scum"
Player B: "Hey, I think the same, wanna be bros?"
Player A: "Yeah sure!"

And this is agreeing with stances

Player A: "Hey, I think player C is scum"
Player B: "Hey, I concur, I will also place my vote on him"

Also what are you even getting at with the kuzi thing? Its completely different trying to buddy the person who is pushing for your lynch than it is to buddy someone who you are agreeing with. You're response in the bolded bit is also just completely ignoring what I am saying and handwaving it.
Oooooh so now kuzi is just trying to get his way out of an attack.....by asking to hold hands? Yea that's great logic there. Why not ask th3kuzi instead of making assumptions? Btw, I wanna see why th3kuzi is scum from you...OH WAIT you stopped believing th3kuzi is mafia due to the fact that you think he's town and now must follow Rockin....or wait it's Kirbyoshi now right?
Mega-Twist here:

What I said:
kuz had just been attacked by cello and wanted to get out of it, it was a stupid time to ask to be buddies.
At no point did I ever say that kuz was trying to get out of the situation by buddying, merely that attempting to buddy cello at that time was stupid. Second half a nice portion of scummy underhand attacking me, you're not stating facts, you're being snarky to discredit me. I also find it completely idiotic that you can call me out for changing me reads at all, especially after I had specifically that I find it usefull to pressure wagon newer or weaker players.

I never asked Cello to policy lynch you. I asked what happened to his policy OF lynching you. Like he also has a policy of lynching Rockin and Myself. Don't twist my words. Actually this goes onto your next post where you call me out for twisting in which you are wrong.
So what reason did you have for asking him this question? Either its fluff or its because you want him to bring this policy back

Twist? No.

Read? Yes. You adamantly affirmed with this post saying that DH IS TOWN. You changed yourr wording from possibly being town to saying "**** this, DH IS TOWN." You pretty much auto-cleared him or expressed the fact that he was your strongest town read. Plus making it note that if DH did flip town if he was ever lynched or NK'd that you couuld pull this up and say "told ya so."
You are so infuriatingly wrong about so many things.

CLEAR = HAS COP INNOCENT/MOD CONFIRMED TOWN/CONSIDERED DUE TO EVENTS TO BE CLEAR BY THE MAJORITY OF PLAYERS.

What I said was "DH is town" That's my opinion MY OPINION. Seriously, it means I think DH is town, I said it confidently because I am confident DH is town. You then go on to assume that I am scum and put that there so I could say I told you so later, you haven't even thought of the possibility that its just because I'm town and that getting town-reads on people increases your catch scum.

X1-12

Smash Champion

Oh, my mistake here; I mentioned earlier that X1 seems to be following the same patterns he did in the other game I played with him, but I didn't say specifically that this is what I meant. Actually, X1, do you have any games on SWF in which you were aligned with mafia?
The most recent ones are Soul Calibur, All-stars and Halo

Teryble Doom~

Smash Rookie
@ Cello's 148: Just because I don't like your garbage play style doesn't mean that I won't play in a game that you're in.

I'm going to discuss with my other head, and then we will make posts with our thoughts.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Unvote Vote Sir Bedevere

This is better idea. Not pressure, lynch. That, and his scum flip makes Kirbyoshi look bad. And if he's town, then great, he's gone and won't be a distraction/scapegoat/non-voting townie. No, I'd NOT rather get a replacement for him.

Teryble Doom~

Smash Rookie
Parts of posts with no colors are posts that come from both of us talking through aim and deciding on what to say.

Point 1: Cello. Stop being so rock-headed. It's not helping us at all. Even if you think you're right, you're doing an absolutely garbage job convincing others. Stop being a bad townie. Stop being wishy-washy too. What happened to having your vote on Rockin' all the time. What happened to Kirbyoshi? You're not helping by changing your vote all the way around the town and back. Become useful please, it would really help.

Point 2: Inactives. This is starting to fix itself, of course, but we think we(the town) should apply some pressure to the inactives to get them to share their opinions and to get them to start talking and help the town. Here is a quote from the Tery Head:At the current point, I'd rather place pressure on Sir Bedevere, who's completely silent. Inactivity is not helping us at all. We agree'd on this, so as a whole, we're going to

Vote: Sir Bed (note that Tery head had Vote: Sir Bedevire in his quote, but I took it out because we're both voting Sir Bed as a whole, not just him.)

(Rest of this is from Joey head's part of view)Point 3: X1 and Kuz: The way both of you were (X1 is now, idk if Kuz is) buddying Cello is disgusting. Why would you two buddy this early in the game as town? X1, stop being Wishy Washy like Cello. Kuz, if we didn't ask already, why were you so sure that Cello is town? How many games have you played with him before? (if these questions were asked, please show me the posts.) Both of you are Teryble in my view. Cello is too but he's a Teryble Townie.

@Everyone: How do you feel about Cello being rock-headed and wishy-washy at the same time(Other head feel free to respond)?

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@Joey: Let's say for a moment that you thought Kirbyoshi is scum, as I do. How would you go about convincing everyone else? Use someone else as an example if you must, but I really want to see what you find convincing.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@Kuz: If I were to try to covertly ask you a question, what would be the best way for me to go about it?

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Type "what is" at the begging of the post and then have put some fluff in-between and then put each remaining word of the question as the first word of a new sentence.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Kuz, if we didn't ask already, why were you so sure that Cello is town? How many games have you played with him before?

I am not. I was going off some Cello meta that was presented to me during early game. I never said it would help me ride town-cello till endgame, not even the end of D1. However, he is playing normal enough for me to feel okay focusing on other at the moment. Whether you listen to him or not is your own prerogative.

@Everyone: How do you feel about Cello being rock-headed and wishy-washy at the same time(Other head feel free to respond)?
That's how Cello usually plays town. People hate him for it, but its not scum-tell.

Also I thought Purin was typing in darker green. Why use the phrase teryble when its your other head's thing. If you both came to that conclusion, the text should be in white, not dark green. Don't write off that text as your own and use your partner's mannerisms.

Teryble Doom~

Smash Rookie
Also I thought Purin was typing in darker green. Why use the phrase teryble when its your other head's thing. If you both came to that conclusion, the text should be in white, not dark green. Don't write off that text as your own and use your partner's mannerisms.
Just to clarify, "Teryble" isn't a mannerism, it's a legit phrase and although it's originated from me, other people have used this word in differenty situations, not just me.

Teryble Doom~

Smash Rookie
Honestly, the main reason you're not being convincing is because you're being wishy-washy. If you want an example as to how I try to be convincing, then here (although I'm the least convincing person and that's one of the things I'm working on as a player.)

Lets use X1

He has been following you throughout the game.

X1, I want to vote you because you lack your own thoughts. If you're just following Cello around, the only person benefiting is Cello, which of course doesn't include the whole town.

Cello, how do you feel about X1 going with you? Even if you've already said it once.

How does everyone else feel about X1? Do people not think that the way he's playing is very safe and scummy? Following someone that's play style shows them as a townie is very safe.

The way he was being wishy-washy exactly with Cello is kinda eh. Either they're thinking pretty much exactly alike(doubtful), they're both scum(cello isn't scum), they're masons or something of that sort (ehhh...), or X1 is scum and following Cello(I think its this). Lets face it guys, X1 is being scummy.

/case. I'm not very convincing, I'll admit it. If I had an actual case, and used more time on it, I would have pulled numbers of you voting, and him following. Also, didn't he say that you were the first one to vote, but he started the actual wagon? Yeah, he's obviously following you in my opinion.

Town as a whole needs to work more on accepting ideas and getting their points across. If you don't agree with something, tell the town why. If you do, also say why.

I don't see why Kirbyoshi is a lynch candidate. I'm not using him as the example because of this. I'm going to re read and view his posts to see.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@Joey: Why didn't you take the time to find proof of your thoughts rather than simply reiterating what you believe?

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Because it was an example? I'm not making a real case against him until Sir Bed starts posting thoughts AND without talking to the tery head way more about it as well. If you see a real legit case against anyone from this hydra; it won't be in green or lime. I'm just sayin'.

Top Bottom