• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inception mafia: Town and Indy Joint Win!

Teryble Doom~

Smash Rookie
Because it was an example? I'm not making a real case against him until Sir Bed starts posting thoughts AND without talking to the tery head way more about it as well. If you see a real legit case against anyone from this hydra; it won't be in green or lime. I'm just sayin'.
Screw up #1 hehe

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
I am trying to cut down on the personal attacks, so not really.

Obviously the word disgusting is not quite the right description of what he is trying to get at. I do happen to think that X1's indirect-buddying, if you could call it that, is scummy. He is just trying to go with Cello's norm and not draw attention to himself.

I, on the other hand, asked to hold hands with Cello because I wanted to see his response + I had a provisional town read on him. If you are under the impression that is scummy, like dark horse, so be it.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
I'm not making a real case against him until Sir Bed starts posting thoughts AND without talking to the tery head way more about it as well.
Why? You still think that X1 is scummy, so how is presenting your thoughts on him...anything but good? Also, Tery was suspicious of X1 since #153. Haven't you both spoken about him already? What's the problem with giving your thoughts of him without consulting your other head?

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
DoomHead said:
If you see a real legit case against anyone from this hydra; it won't be in green or lime. I'm just sayin'.
Could you go into detail on this more? I'm not sure I catch what you're getting at.

Tandora

Smash Rookie
I like the idea of pressuring inactives to get reactions and to get them involved in the game. However, that only works if they are actually lurking. Unless we know for a fact that Bed has been looking at the thread at any point, pressuring him has no effect. It would be a waste of time.

Inactivity past the point of posting once every 72 hours should fall to the responsibility of the mod. Players should definitely remind/request for prods, but ultimately, it is the mod who determines if a player needs to be replaced or modkilled.

REQUEST PROD FOR SIR BED

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
it means that before they actually try to make a case on someone they will consult each other and then type it up in white text.

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
kuz, for the future, do not answer questions not directed at you. At least, not until the person to whom it was directed has had a chance to answer it.

@TD: Is that what you meant?

Teryble Doom~

Smash Rookie
Could you go into detail on this more? I'm not sure I catch what you're getting at.
Posts or comments in color are to make life easier for everyone differentiating between the two members of the hydra. They can be assumptions, attacks, speculations, etc. In general, anything we post is something both of us agree upon, but Joey was putting emphasis on how comments in white is something we both strongly adhere to.

Such as this post, for example.

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
Gotcha. So, you're not afraid that times that you're online won't coincide in time to make a good case if time is tight?

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
If you have to explain it, it does really make life easier for us, does it?

Anyway, @Teryble: Why didn't you both already talk about X1 and build a case on him, since you've both thought he's scum for some time now? Joey specifically, why did you not want to present your thoughts on X1 without consulting your partner?

@Kirbyoshi: You said that I was hard to get a read on. You had not said that you had a town read on me, nor acting in such a way (that I remember) that implied you thought as such. Yet, you said,

Kirbyoshi said:
Funny how people with the same win condition tend to say some of the same things, isn't it?
How is it that you were SO sure that I have the town win condition?

Teryble Doom~

Smash Rookie
Neither one of them has been posting as much, and the case has died down, so we're focusing on people that have very little amounts of posts instead for now.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Care to explain why I am on the same level as x1?

And I dont know what game you have been reading, but I have been posting.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Joey,

Them being kuz/x1, since we both consider them to be scummy at the same level at this point in time.
this was what Kuz was talking about. He wants to know why you think he's scummy.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@Joey: We've acknowledged the issue of Sir Bedevere. There is nothing more that can be done at this time, as he is, as far as we can tell, simply not here. Move on to another topic, or agree to lynch him. Waiting around doing nothing leads to nothing.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
What's your point?

Looking at Sir Bed's posting history, it looks like he only gets on every 2-5 real life days. I'm not willing to sit around for that length of time, doing nothing. As I said, we've acknowledged that we WANT more material from him, but unless you can magically summon him, then all you can do is lynch him, or move on. Doing NOTHING, which is what leaving your vote on him and tapping your foot is, is NOT an option.

Teryble Doom~

Smash Rookie
We're leaving our vote on him because we're willing to lynch him. :p

It's not in white because we're not making a case against him yet, and I'm not sure if Tery thinks they're scum in the same way or for the same reasons that I do.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@Sir Bedevere: What do you think of the fact that Kirbyoshi thought you were town for your mere two posts? The most notable thing that you had said was your questioning of Sworddancer, wondering why he was defending Kuz. However, according to Kirbyoshi himself, he was just kidding around, crazy "antics", when it came to his interactions with Sworddancer. Do you think he had enough information to come to the conclusion that you are town?

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
BIG *** MASSIVE POST ADDRESSING (almost) EVERYTHING I MISSED COMING RIGHT UP!!!

---

J said:
Why would you not consider my inactive even if I were? That is just well.....weird. =x
What I meant was that, even though you were inactive, I didn't perceive you as inactive at the time. Basically I'm saying that I was simply mistaken about your level of activity until you pointed it out.

@J: At the risk of sounding like I'm defending X1, I have to ask: Isn't it possible that what X1 is doing is more just anti-town than actually flat-out scummy? I'll be the first to tell you that X1 is super aggressive as town, and that how X1 is acting right now is textbook townie X1. If you turely believe X1 to be scum, then convince me X1's actions have actual scum intent behind them and are not just bad town play.

@Cello: I totally looked over this at first, but upon a reread I saw this (from your 285):

Cello said:
There's also butting heads with Sworddancer. Your interactions with him were simply "playful antics" too, according to you.
I honestly did not know that Kirbyoshi was being humorous in his 107. However, given how his 105 was worded to obviously be humorous and that his 107 came only about 15 minutes after it, I am willing to believe that it was simply "playful antics."

Cello said:
Unvote Vote Sir Bedevere

This is better idea. Not pressure, lynch. That, and his scum flip makes Kirbyoshi look bad. And if he's town, then great, he's gone and won't be a distraction/scapegoat/non-voting townie. No, I'd NOT rather get a replacement for him.
What links Bed and Kuz together as potential scum buddies?

@vocal: From your 269:

vocal said:
It's possible that you're town and playing wildly to elicit activity, but for the time being you are my primary suspicion.
Now from your 318:

Vocal said:
My vote in actuality does currently reside on Cello, but I wouldn't call him scum. I think that his pressure isn't doing much, aside from perhaps stirring activity, but doesn't strike me as scummy. I voted him mostly because I didn't approve of the way he was doing things.
Your reasoning in this post is not in line with the reasoning in your earlier post. Why the change in heart?

Rockin said:
Sworddancer, I don't believe I remember you seeing anyone as scummy from the re-read. Do you actually find anyone scummy right one? If you do, who?
Before this post, my scum picks were Kirbyoshi and to a lesser extent Kuz. Right now, I'm forming some new scum reads (see bottem of post).

Kirbyoshi said:
@Sworddancer.'s 247: They were meant to answer questions posed to me. Why would you ask such a silly question?
I looked back but saw no question asked. Perhaps I missed it though. Could you point it out to me?

Also Kirbyoshi help me out on a read here. You were in soul caliber mafia with X1, correct? So tell me, which word describes X1s play in that game more: timid, aggressive, or moderate?

I won it for town but gboy seemed to think it was purely down to luck and refuses to give me MVP because of it. I was actually cop (but not N0)
OMG X1 strawman :rolleyes:

@Teryble: In general, I think you have been misusing the term "wishy-washy" a lot. What Cello and X1 have done is not wishy-washy. Being wishy-washy is when you are afraid to take a solid stance on someone.

Example: "Well, player x could be scum because of action y, but he could also be town doing action y! However, still, action z has to be considered, which could be scummy or not . . ." ect. ect.

I have not witnessed this sort of behavior out of either of them. In matter of fact, I think if anything, one could more likely conclude that they are tunneling (the exact opposite of being wishy-washy) so I don't see where you're getting at there.

I have a town read on X1 as of now to answer your question in your 353.
---
scum picks:

Right now Kuz is kinda looking gross to me. I don't like how he came back after to a good amount of inactivity just to tunnel DH about things that only relate to him. It's not really the fact that he is tunneling that brothers me as it is the fact that he came back only focusing on stuff that related to himself. It kinda shows general disinterest in "real" scum hunting and more of an interest in looking out for himself.

Tantan has kind of been flying under the radar at this point (so was TD, but they recently started posting). Also, lot of what she has posted doesn't really seem relevant, so I wouldn't mind seeing her go toDay.

I am open minded about X1 (despite my current town read on him) and am interested in what J has to say about my town meta on him.

I am second-guessing my reads on Kirbyoshi at this point. Still have to think about it some more.

unvote vote Kuz

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
@Cello's 385: Neither.

Sworddancer. said:
I looked back but saw no question asked. Perhaps I missed it though. Could you point it out to me?

Also Kirbyoshi help me out on a read here. You were in soul caliber mafia with X1, correct? So tell me, which word describes X1s play in that game more: timid, aggressive, or moderate?
First of all:

Sworddancer. said:
@Kirbyoshi: What is the point of 190 and 196? What purpose do they serve?
Second: I modded that game, I didn't play in it, so I wasn't looking to determine whether X1 was scum, I knew he was :bee: But I would describe his play as moderate-to-aggressive, but certainly not sheepy.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
And here's more proof of why kuz is scum: In DnD and YT, he attacked me when I attacked him. That's what's happening now.
That's a pretty stupid reason (no offense). That's like saying both me and Cello are town cause we argue constantly. LOL

@Everyone: How do you feel about Cello being rock-headed and wishy-washy at the same time(Other head feel free to respond)?
This is the freaking norm for Cello. About everything he's doing so far is so in character of him. I havn't seen one thing out of character he did XD

How does everyone else feel about X1? Do people not think that the way he's playing is very safe and scummy? Following someone that's play style shows them as a townie is very safe.
I feel like X1 is currently playing in a unhelpful mannor, and that's mainly cause he's doing baseless wagoning. I don't think it makes him scummy, but this doesn't earn him town points either. For the moment, I'll sit back on him and watch his progress.

scum picks:

Right now Kuz is kinda looking gross to me. I don't like how he came back after to a good amount of inactivity just to tunnel DH about things that only relate to him. It's not really the fact that he is tunneling that brothers me as it is the fact that he came back only focusing on stuff that related to himself. It kinda shows general disinterest in "real" scum hunting and more of an interest in looking out for himself.

Tantan has kind of been flying under the radar at this point (so was TD, but they recently started posting). Also, lot of what she has posted doesn't really seem relevant, so I wouldn't mind seeing her go toDay.

I am open minded about X1 (despite my current town read on him) and am interested in what J has to say about my town meta on him.

I am second-guessing my reads on Kirbyoshi at this point. Still have to think about it some more.

unvote vote Kuz
I do not understand your reason for Kuz, as it seems natural to try and defend yourself from attackers/people who has a case on you. Yes, they may halt on scum hunting, but still. Would you rather for them to ignore your case/give a small answer to your attack/case on them and focus on scum hunting?

I do agree about Tandora though (to an extent). She has been flying under the radar a bit, but I think that's mainly cause every 1/2 people are focused on another.

Tandora: what do you think of what's been going on so far?

I like to remind everyone not to worry too much about inactive players. I agree that we should prod them, but let's remember if they continue to be inactive, we can merely lynch them off (that is, if we don't have anyone scummy to lynch).

Tandora

Smash Rookie
God, this and every single damn game I've ever played complains about how quiet I am on D1. Let's be honest, although there's some content going on the last couple of pages, what I have mostly seen is Kuz telling Teryble how to run their stupid hydra.

There's been more discussion about how a hydra has been managed than anything else.

Also, kinda is discouraging to get involved when we have people saying the following:

kuz, for the future, do not answer questions not directed at you. At least, not until the person to whom it was directed has had a chance to answer it.

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
@Tandy: Nothing I've said has discouraged getting involved. You can always come in and ask your own questions. What do you think kuz's "hydra coaching" tells you about his alignment?

Tandora

Smash Rookie
Tandora: what do you think of what's been going on so far?
I am getting a town read from Cello. I cannot help but think of something someone else said, "Townie Cello is worse for town than scum Cello". So, I'm worried about following his reads blindly. However, this game he seems less shotgun philosophy than others, so maybe we'll have better luck.

Don't like X1, but I never do. His buddying seems really OOC to me. He has not good reason to buddy up to Cello unless he's trying to keep off the radar. Which if that was the case, he's done a terrible job.

The Kuz and TD argument is just dumb. Seriously, this makes me hate hydras even more.

Tandora

Smash Rookie
@Tandy: Nothing I've said has discouraged getting involved. You can always come in and ask your own questions. What do you think kuz's "hydra coaching" tells you about his alignment?
It comes off as fluff defense. "Your argument is invalid because you cannot you posted in green instead of white." I mean realistically TD is attempting to do town a favor by showing who's thinking what when and how instead of the usual hydra ambiguity. And Kuz focuses on that?

Add it to his previous strike for supporting a guilty claim and I just don't like his play. Trying to decide if my fear of him being jester is valid or not before I move my vote.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
His buddying seems really OOC to me.
I highly agree with this.

The Kuz and TD argument is just dumb. Seriously, this makes me hate hydras even more.
I am not a fan of them either, but it is important to establish how it plays because reading a hydra is 2x harder than reading a normal char. Plus they have, "oh it was my other head johns." That's why I don't approve of separate colors for each head and feel the hydra should be treated as one player who is responsible for the content posted by either head.

@Everyone, what do you think about my accusations that this is not DH's town meta? Do you agree or disagree with my case against him? If not, why is he town? Is X1's reasoning for this legit?

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
Rockin has been actively contributing and has done nothing scummy since becoming active.

Sir Bed needs to post more, but it needs to be closer to deadline before I would support his lynch.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Tanny said:
"Your argument is invalid because you cannot you posted in green instead of white."
When did I ever say this? I asked the hydra why the text was not in white if they had discussed it and both came to the conclusion that I was scum. I never said they did not have a valid point, as they had not even presented a point to me in the first place.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Rockin said:
I do not understand your reason for Kuz, as it seems natural to try and defend yourself from attackers/people who has a case on you. Yes, they may halt on scum hunting, but still. Would you rather for them to ignore your case/give a small answer to your attack/case on them and focus on scum hunting?
Defending one's self is fine. I never said that it wasn't. My problem with him is that he came back into this game only focusing on what related to him. Look at his scum pick for example. He finds DH to be scummy because of matters which almost only relate to him. It shows a narrow mind set and intentions of self-preservation.

What does OOC stand for?

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@Rockin: It looks like you have absolutely no idea what to do or think about anyone. So wagon with me.

Unvote Vote Kirbyoshi

@Tanny, but really someone else:
Tandora said:
Let's be honest, although there's some content going on the last couple of pages, what I have mostly seen is Kuz telling Teryble how to run their stupid hydra.
I don't know if I find this more funny or ironic. Probably ironic, but we'll find out.

@Kirbyoshi:

Kirbyoshi said:
Funny how people with the same win condition tend to say some of the same things, isn't it?
^--I'm getting really tired of asking you why you said this. Why did you say it if you weren't sure of my alignment at that time?

Kirbyoshi said:
Inactivity later is more scummy than inactivity earlier.
What happened to this? It was apparently enough for you to want to go against Rockin before. Why was Sir Bed's inactivity alright in the long run? Were you fine with his two posts over FIVE days? 50% of the whole 1st Day? You didn't vote for him due to inactivity. By your own standards, you SHOULD be finding him scummy, but you don't.

Be more specific than that, when it comes to Rockin. I want to hear why YOU think he is town; what specifically swayed your opinion? Where do you think his head is at, what do you agree with? Is there anything questionable at all? Really, I would ask you to do a PBPA if you would. But you won't.

Top Bottom