• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Indiana Social Thread - Composer is back and hosting on January 12th!

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
If I didn't have Drill on this weekend, I'd definitely be taking the nearest folkes from Indy with me, but that's not the case. Hades is right, as I will be showing up later on in the day to friendly it up with people, and hang out.

yourface191

Smash Apprentice
sup guys, im new to this thread but i am a really good smasher in the louisville area and i am wanting to get into competitive smashing. i have been playing smash bros since i was a young kid on the 64. i currently only own brawl but i have been playing project melee. i am easily the best smasher in my group of freinds( i have 4 or 5 freinds that are pretty good at smash) . i won the opening gamestop tourny for brawl and a school tourny ( obv great right? lol). Anyways, i can play brawl, melee, and project melee very well ( i prefer melee and PM) and i want to get active in some tournies if there are any in the south Indiana / louisville area. ok guys well peace out and i will check back on this board in a day or 2

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Hahaha. Alright so here we go. Good luck. You're about umm... a year late. The Louisville scene is pretty much dead when it comes to traveling to tourneys/getting better/caring about smash. We ran around the midwest for a good year or two but then, well, you know. Certain smashers (myself included) still enjoy hanging out and playing the game semi-seriously from time to time, but nobody in Louisville has the drive to **** stuff up.

HOWEVER HERE'S THE THING.

YOU PLAY OLIMAR.

I PLAY OLIMAR.

SO WE'RE FRIENDS NOW.

:)

Do you have a car and/or a means of getting from point A to point B? We get together to hang out and play smash/other games like once every week or so. Also, good luck finding melee players in IN/KY rofl. Project M players too.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Indiana actually plans to work together and find away to revive the scene and reel in more smashers. You have to be the change you want to see, so I'm steppin' it up to get players from wherever I can.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
I was mostly talking about southern Kentucky, but yeah. I can't speak for the Indianapolis region of INKY, or Lexington/Morehead, but yeah. But best of luck rebuilding the Indiana scene, I You all definitely have the players for it, just seems to be lacking in the coordination and organization areas, outside of Doctor Jacobson.areas, outside of Doctor Jacobson.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Nothing can be done to revitalize northern Indiana.

Nothing. It was never alive to begin with other then when Winona Lake tournaments used to happen.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
sup guys, im new to this thread but i am a really good smasher in the louisville area and i am wanting to get into competitive smashing. i have been playing smash bros since i was a young kid on the 64. i currently only own brawl but i have been playing project melee. i am easily the best smasher in my group of freinds( i have 4 or 5 freinds that are pretty good at smash) . i won the opening gamestop tourny for brawl and a school tourny ( obv great right? lol). Anyways, i can play brawl, melee, and project melee very well ( i prefer melee and PM) and i want to get active in some tournies if there are any in the south Indiana / louisville area. ok guys well peace out and i will check back on this board in a day or 2
You WOULD show up after I leave.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
So. . . SiiS6? Hunington tryin' to go? Sov cant make it . . . If only MK was banned, then Rene would definitely try to go. He has a car but he hardly ever drives. BUT he would to team with me I bet. . .

Three possible options:

Rene takes Hunington past Purdue and picks me up.
Rene takes Hunington past Purdue, and Jayford drives us there the rest of the way (me, Rene, Jay, and two other people, MAYBE three if someone's comfortable being squeezed in the middle with me). . .
Jayford takes me and if Hunington drives to Purdue, we can take ya.

I like option two the best, but that totally depends on Jay being available that weekend, I thought I heard him talking about it. Anyways, no promises, but Im still hyped for the possibility. However, I think I will debate on entering Singles because so far since SiiS4 I've had pretty bad luck in bracket. Unless someone trains me against Dedede.

Yeah, the possibility of me going to this and not entering singles, never thought of it, didja, INKY? I love this game but I hate losing to the same stuff and getting bracket-***-kicked. I'm never complaining about my position in bracket ever again. XD!

@Hilt and other olimars; do you think olimar takes Dedede good? I actually Secondary Olimar now.

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
Krys, if you're trying to pick up a character that beats Dedede, pick up Metaknight or Ice Climbers. Otherwise, you're better off just grinding out the matchup with Wario because no one else really de-facto beats Dedede. Isn't Olimar/Dedede even?

Also the plan where I can drive people is still a plan too. Though having a second car would still be nice.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
welcome, mah man!
sure I'll meet you sometime soon.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Olimar = Dedede is better than Wario << Dedede and Pit debateably being > or = imo...

But hey its w/e, maybe after I get some more exp (seriously, I SD at low or 0 percent first round every time I play a Dedede in a set in bracket no joke...) I'll be more confident.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
I was mostly talking about southern Kentucky, but yeah. I can't speak for the Indianapolis region of INKY, or Lexington/Morehead, but yeah. But best of luck rebuilding the Indiana scene, I You all definitely have the players for it, just seems to be lacking in the coordination and organization areas, outside of Doctor Jacobson.areas, outside of Doctor Jacobson.
Coordinating with Jake is going to be one of the ways we do something about IN's scene since he has the most experience hosting and since he's been on the INKY panel.

yourface191

Smash Apprentice
Hahaha. Alright so here we go. Good luck. You're about umm... a year late. The Louisville scene is pretty much dead when it comes to traveling to tourneys/getting better/caring about smash. We ran around the midwest for a good year or two but then, well, you know. Certain smashers (myself included) still enjoy hanging out and playing the game semi-seriously from time to time, but nobody in Louisville has the drive to **** stuff up.

HOWEVER HERE'S THE THING.

YOU PLAY OLIMAR.

I PLAY OLIMAR.

SO WE'RE FRIENDS NOW.

:)

Do you have a car and/or a means of getting from point A to point B? We get together to hang out and play smash/other games like once every week or so. Also, good luck finding melee players in IN/KY rofl. Project M players too.
sorry man about being late, in 3 days is my 1 year anniversary on this site so i didn't really know lol. anyways a bit about me. I dont really have a car because im 16 in a month ( yah problaby alot younger than most here and it would be akward for me to smash with you all) . if you live near Louisville, you have probably heard about trinity high school ( i go there). And yah it kind of sux to live in KY and being a smasher... im almost confident that the only decent people my age around this area are already my friends lol. I would play you all online but i think we all can tell why that would suck. ( i like parenthesis)

for ssbb i play a mean olimar . My secondaries are currently fox and marth. I used to also play Game and watch but i dropped him because he takes close to no skills to use( i used him in my school tourny with no prior use and still managed to win by a long shot). I would love to use bowser because i mained him in melewhen i used to have it. ( when i was a kid) but he gets destroyed by guys like oli/MK/lucas etc.

for PM and melee I main marth and i consider ganon and fox close secondaries. i am picking up melee for my B-day because i am interested in playing melee again. i took it for granted as a younger kid and sold it. But after playing project melee with my freinds weekly since release, i realize how great melee is once you take advanced skills into consideration ( i knew nothing of these when i owned the game before).
ill check back later guys, i am really liking this board...happy smashing

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
@Hilt and other olimars; do you think olimar takes Dedede good? I actually Secondary Olimar now.
Olimar beats DDD, but not as bad as a lot of people think that he does. DDD has a huge problem getting in on Olimar, obviously. He gets outcamped hard and can't get past pivot grab/fsmash. But when he does get in, good god. DDD shuts down Olimar harder than most characters at close range. Getting away from a good DDD is a pain in the *** with this character. Landing is close to impossible. But all in all, the matchup is a little bit in Olimar's favor. Not drastically, though. And it's actually pretty fun matchup.
im almost confident that the only decent people my age around this area are already my friends lol.
Haha, you haven't met Joey. He's like umm... 16? 17? I forget.

I used to also play Game and watch but i dropped him because he takes close to no skills to use
ROFL

yourface191

Smash Apprentice
who here is in Louisville, i am just curious. And how come i never see any tournies here or in lexington... something needs to be done about that lol

yourface191

Smash Apprentice
i havent had alot of trouble with D3 but then again my friends all main peach/falco/rob/falcon/ganondorf/mario/snake/lucas.... those are really the characters i have the most practice against but i dont see how d3 could approach oli well but if he does get on the offensive i can see him wrecking because of oli's low weight among other things.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
So yeah Krys we can probably make it to Purdue that day no problem. Also, Ducky can play a pretty decent DDD if you want some of that experience. Since Purdue is the same distance as Indianapolis we'd probably just go there instead of going by Ren's, but we would need housing that Friday night unless of course we are leaving for SiiS6 that Friday, in which case we wouldn't need housing because we would be showing up that day anyway!

Pretty hype for SiiS6 though. Just need a PS3 fightstick.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Lexington smash scene died a good while ago. They actually had the biggest tournaments out of Kentucky, attendance-wise. But the person running their events fell away from brawl, and nobody else from the city has picked up the slack yet. As for why there's no smash tournaments in Louisville... haha, well I was the TO in Louisville, but I've pretty much quit playing smash competitively. I still go to tournaments every once in awhile, but nothing like back then. And again, nobody's picked up the slack, but that's mostly because nobody really cares to, lol. In the Louisville area there's about umm.. I'd say five smashers left. Two come home from college during Summer, and there's a few that play really casually. We hang out at IUS every once in awhile (a college in New Albany, Indiana, about 20 minutes or so from Louisville), but that's usually late at night on a school night. So, considering you're still in high school, that probably won't work out extremely well.

However! Here's an idea. Something2Do, a shop in Oxmoor Mall use to run smash tournaments. But the owner of the shop was an *** hole, so long story short, we stopped going to tournaments there. However... the old owner's not there anymore. I'm thinking about talking to the new owner of the place about us coming there every once in awhile, like once every other Saturday, and holding a small, casual tournament. The location is really great, and it'd definitely be fun. I kind of miss the old S2D tournaments.

yourface191

Smash Apprentice
Lexington smash scene died a good while ago. They actually had the biggest tournaments out of Kentucky, attendance-wise. But the person running their events fell away from brawl, and nobody else from the city has picked up the slack yet. As for why there's no smash tournaments in Louisville... haha, well I was the TO in Louisville, but I've pretty much quit playing smash competitively. I still go to tournaments every once in awhile, but nothing like back then. And again, nobody's picked up the slack, but that's mostly because nobody really cares to, lol. In the Louisville area there's about umm.. I'd say five smashers left. Two come home from college during Summer, and there's a few that play really casually. We hang out at IUS every once in awhile (a college in New Albany, Indiana, about 20 minutes or so from Louisville), but that's usually late at night on a school night. So, considering you're still in high school, that probably won't work out extremely well.

However! Here's an idea. Something2Do, a shop in Oxmoor Mall use to run smash tournaments. But the owner of the shop was an *** hole, so long story short, we stopped going to tournaments there. However... the old owner's not there anymore. I'm thinking about talking to the new owner of the place about us coming there every once in awhile, like once every other Saturday, and holding a small, casual tournament. The location is really great, and it'd definitely be fun. I kind of miss the old S2D tournaments.
well all of that is semi depressing and all... but yes oxmoor mall is very close to me and st . matthews mall is within rock throwing distance( almost literally) i would try to host tournies but no 1 listens to most kids my age which sux because not all teenagers are your stereotypical trouble makers, and i am busy being in highschool AP program. I really hope i can get into smashing and some1 can organize something around the louisville area because im not old enough to drive quite yet and my mom is a bit stingy on the gas money when it comes to going any further than a 1 hour drive ( on a good day) . It looks like i am just to late and i probably am not born in the correct time to be in the brawl or melee competitive era... hopefully i will shine at the next smash or hopefully you guys in IN/ KY can get something going. Even if no tournies happen around here i just wish i could play some1 on my level instead of my mostly nuby friends i play with every week. Online WOULD be a good alt besides the fact it sucks pretty bad and its always more fun to see the person your playing. There was a place called Wootz that used to have wiis and other systems in it where groups of people could go in and play but i think it closed unfortunately... K ima go study for school and tomorrow i got a mario kart wii tourny at school ( i voted brawl cuz i won last year) and i plan to win the MKW tourny aswell LOL. :)

and yes if you contacted the mall i would throw in all my support because i have a good 4 or 5 smasher friends that would also attend even though i assume they ( maybe even me) aren't really at your guys' skill level but would still get some good fun out of it.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Haha, don't worry, if we started doing stuff at Oxmoor, I would probably run the tournaments. I'll look into it soon :)

Yeah, Wootz is gone, sadly.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
So yeah Krys we can probably make it to Purdue that day no problem. Also, Ducky can play a pretty decent DDD if you want some of that experience. Since Purdue is the same distance as Indianapolis we'd probably just go there instead of going by Ren's, but we would need housing that Friday night unless of course we are leaving for SiiS6 that Friday, in which case we wouldn't need housing because we would be showing up that day anyway!

Pretty hype for SiiS6 though. Just need a PS3 fightstick.
Actually, I'm stupid. I just realized we're talking about cinci here, not chicago LOLOLOL

it. would be better this way (few ways) :

• if I just came down Friday night by train and Renegade picked me up at midnight Friday night, then we all went to Ohio Sat morning (you guys choose to go to Rene's and stay the night Friday night or not, up to you)
  • if I just had Jayford drive me through Indy and we stopped there at Renes and had a smashfest together.
  • if I just quit thinking so hard and ask Rene/Jayford what they think :)

Soirry I'm not thinkin to clearly.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
Kel and I are in Lexington, and so if Judo. ^_^

I tried to host a smashfest last week, but no one showed. :/

If I knew of a venue around here, I'd host something. @_@

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Oh yeah! Kryz! I talked to Renegade for you and convinced him to team with you for SiiS6, which implies that he is going! You should contact him and try to keep things set in stone, so that you guys are well organized, by the time it comes up.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Well we could meet up in Indy too, whatever works. lol. We will still need housing somewhere Friday though.

It'd be pretty convenient if Ren would house us though, but I also need to know how many people are going so I know how many Huntington guys I can bring. (So if it's you, Jay, and Ren I can only bring myself and probably Ducky).

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
If I knew of a venue around here, I'd host something. @_@
lol this. Like everyone in Lexington has said this I think. It's really UK or bust, unless there's some magical godsend venue I didn't know about on the North or far East/West side of the town. Which there very may well be.

Though, a TO friend of mine from Alabama says to rent a hotel conference room. Anybody know anything about this?

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
Me and LoZ did that for the first SLoTH.
It's a bit pricey if you don't know someone who works at the hotel, but it's a good venue. You just sort of have to go in and ask about renting the conference room

yourface191

Smash Apprentice
Haha, don't worry, if we started doing stuff at Oxmoor, I would probably run the tournaments. I'll look into it soon :)

Yeah, Wootz is gone, sadly.
well if you could get tournaments there, then you would have me and a few of my friend's support....:reverse::)

ZERO...

Smash Apprentice
I've looked into hotel conference rooms. They're rather expensive, though (usually around $200 for a day). Also, did I hear something about Oxmoor O: Also, with Hael gone, we've lost a great venue I think (unless someone else can start hosting BitHs). It'd be great to see Oxmoor tourneys again, though.

Wait... this new guy is younger than me... maybe he'll look younger than me, too (I can only hope :/). He plays Olimar, too ^_^ If Oxmoor tournies do start up again, then I'll definitely go to a few of them (my dad is visiting his mother every other week now since she needs a lot more help doing things than she used to). It would be great to be able to meet you (and by meet, I mean stare awkwardly at from across the room... damn social anxiety).

Edit: Oh, and don't worry about being young. Joey and I entered the tournament scene when we were only thirteen years old (and humorously enough, we ended up being really good players by the time we turned fifteen). If you're worried about being treated like a kid, don't be; I'm the "kid" of the community XD

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Dude seriously if you ever need someone to look down upon because you feel bad about being young or something, go make fun of Zero.

Also be a cool guy like me and call him Zero.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
No Kero I'M THE KID OF THE COMMUNITY D:!

:B.

Sup yourface? Another highschool smasher in Louisville? Sweeeeet!~ Hopefully we can meet up and smash sometime XD!

Also yay @ S2D tournaments possibly going down again :D.

Kero you should make your sig link to the Project Moonfall main page imo :p! (Mostly JK, but still a suggestion anyways haha.)

:172:

yourface191

Smash Apprentice
yah joey and zero lol... you guys got a new kid on the block. Im all for Oxmoor and so is my group of freinds. Im new to this board but not to smash, and i would love to come in and give u all a good match. Joey what high school you go to?

yourface191

Smash Apprentice
Wait... this new guy is younger than me... maybe he'll look younger than me, too (I can only hope :/). He plays Olimar, too ^_^
i think your dream came true because every1 i talk to on skype vid chat that i dont know irl says my face looks like a 12 year old but im 6'2 lol.....

and sorry for the double post if that is looked down upon on this forum:reverse:

and if any1 want to add me on skype its geordie.goodin and i says i live in the Bahamas and am 90 years old or something dumb XD

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Just checked the homepage for S2D. They still have magic tournaments on Saturdays, which was the original problem (the smash and magic tournaments would interfere, and Josh would favor the magic players). Magic tournaments happen at 5:00, so Saturday might not be an option. I suppose we could get a small tournament wrapped up in five hours, but eh. What about Sundays? They have Pokemon TCG tournaments at 1:00 on Sundays, but also Warhammer 40K at noon. If those two are interfering (without either using a TV), perhaps he wouldn't mind us having smash tournaments on the same day. Who would be able to do smash on Sundays? Could try to make sure it doesn't last till too late at night, for those that have school the next day, but for those not doing anything the next day, we could hang out and play smash or whatever. It'd be like old times :)

Though I don't know when the mall closes on Sundays. Definitely earlier than normal, so I'd have to check with them about it. What do people think?

yourface191

Smash Apprentice
i am free on sundays and i think malls close between 7 and 9 on sundays. but i would be all for that and you could also check with st matthews mall. it may have some oportunities.....

i just really wanna smash with some players in my area because im used just my freinds to play with... and im sure i could get atleast 1 of them each time i go because i have 4 to pick from to bring with me

Top Bottom