• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Indiana Social Thread - Composer is back and hosting on January 12th!

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I could walk on water.... But i'd notice i'm not a hero, fall, and probably struggle to not drown from shock :X

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
Hey... an inquiry:

Since we are running on a Robot Master PR, would anyone (by anyone I mean Caleb XD) wanna work on IN/KY sigs with our Robot Master in them?

Calebyte

Smash Lord
Someone explain to me exactly what this Robot Master PR is. Is it just something fun, like Michigan's DBZ PR? Or is it a theme for our actual PR?

If its the former, I'll pass. If it's the latter, I'll see what I can do.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Caleb should make my sig =X

rich wheeler said:
I want oneeee. "PEEF" not Rich Wheeler.

"Indiana's Melee Ice Climbers"

I want mine in maroonish. The same color as red popo in Melee.

<3

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
Is this a step in the right direction?

http://i733.photobucket.com/albums/ww340/SuperExcel/QuickmanPrototype.png

This is a reference point if you will. I'll make it another, one that more sig-like if this is close to what we're going for.
That looks really nice man. Put it into sig form and see what comes out.

*PALADIN*

Smash Apprentice
PALADIN's 1st SNAKE BRAWL

SNAKE Brawl/SMASHFEST at PALLYS

Hello ladies and gentlemen, been a long while since i spoken here. anyway I just here going to say that at my house on April 30th, ill be hosting a samshfest for friendlies and practice. Along with a special tournament that i have been inspired by with a couple of snake brawl matches with Hilt. Thats right! ill be hostin a SNAKE BRAWL tourney. Everyone is more than welcome to come, i prefer more people to get a kick out of this tourney because its going to be Hilarious. THE COST IS 1$ WINNER TAKE ALL
RULES

Now, im sure everyone is fimiliar with the snake brawl right? well, ill post below what are the main rules for a regular snake brawl match in case you forgot.

SNAKE RULES

1.) Main goal is to knock off your human opponent without killing snake.
2.) If you kill snake, you must kill yourself.
3.) If snake kills himeself, ALL human players must kill their selfs.
4.) If the human player has fallen, your next target is snake, kill snake to win.

Now for this tourney, the 4 rules above will apply for this tournament. the Listed rules for my Snake Brawl is listed below

TOURNEY RULES

1.) players will only be able to choose characters that are low tier or below, the reason is because it makes the tourney interesting. Of course, snake needs to stick out as the best in this tourney. Come on...save your main characters strength for a real tourney, its only for fun :)

2.) Each match must be 3 games, if any human player has more game wins than the other human player, he or she wins. Snake is bound to win at least one game, and snake can't win a tourney match over a human player. Unless we decide to put our mascot Lv. 9 snake as lepard skin color to be a contestant in there, than yes he can win. I will make an exception for Lv. 9 snake to be a higher tier character. cmon, hes **** stupid and funny, you can beat him....right? if Lv. 9 snake wins this tourney, (praying not and hoping he win ;) )the money will be given back.

If Snake were to win all 3 games, you and your opponet must go to sudden death on Final Dest. the sudden death will be you, the other player, and snake at 1 stock wilth explosive items on. I know, I know what your thinkin, items right? will this just only for sudden death. it be easier to kill your opponent and snake in sudden death. the name says it all, sudden death. If Snake were to win on sudden death, you suck at this game...just kidding, we repeat till a human player wins.

3.) If any both opposing players win at least one game during the match, snake counter picks green greens on the third game. If snake wins on the third game while the 2 players are tied. its sudden death.

4.) The stages are all playable, only for this tourney. remenber its only for fun and its going to be fun.

5.) have a fun time :)

Directions!

The smashfest will start around 5p.m., till 9p.m. when the tourney starts.
go on google maps and type:

3586 Peachtree street, Jeffersonville, IN
my # is, 502-551-7214

call me if you get lost guys, thanks!!

*PALADIN*

Smash Apprentice
thanks man! ill be sure to bring many as possible, will also try to get food and drinks for everyone to enjoy. but also if anyone has any suggestions about this tourney please speak up. will try to make it work.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
We'll probably just fine tune the rules a bit when we get there friday when there's more of us to talk about it. We never really discussed an official ruleset for snake brawl so it'll need a bit of tweaking until we get it right, haha.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Of course Xero.

Also, gonna start using this to plan for MLG. Sovereign, hopefully you read this, haha.

It seems we have our driver back, Crash is up for driving to columbus. We're heading up on thursday (June 3rd), and are either going to go to our hotel or stay in Cincinnati for the night and head to Columbus Friday morning. The venue allows friendlies from 1:30 to 5:30, if I remember correctly, and the tournament starts right after that. Singles lasts between Friday and Saturday, with Doubles going on on Sunday.

The hotels are expensive. Really expensive... If we want to stay at the Hyatt, which is actually connected to the venue, it's going to be roughly $120 a night, split between all of us, most likely six or so people to a room (which still leaves plenty of room for everyone, with two beds per room and plenty of floor space). I'll reserve the room(s) when I get a good idea of who all is going with us. If everyone would like to get a room at another place (will mostly be up to Crash, as he'll be driving a good majority of us) that's fine. Springfield might be doing something for housing, or so I hear, and there are also cheaper hotels within a drive from the venue, though I know some of us are particularly wanting to stay at the Hyatt. But if we can't, we can't. It doesn't matter to me either way.

Also we're going to be stopping in Cincinnati to pick up Sai and Day. If anyone would like to meet up with us to group up or whatever, let me know. We were originally going to ride with Sovereign/Kryztedez, but I don't think that's going to be the case as of now, considering it would be completely out of their way, but I don't know.

So far, interest is looking like:

Definitely Going
Hilt
Crash
Today
Sai
Tactical

Interested but not Sure
Jkip
Paladin
Calic
Joey
Spin

I'm probably missing a lot of people. I didn't include the Central Indiana group because I don't know if we'd be doing anything with them carpool-wise for it, but if that becomes the case I'll change things around so it works out.

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
I... might be going to MLG Columbus. I'll be back in the northern part of Indiana by then. If I do come, I'll carpool some people, including Central Indiana. One seat would be taken already though by Blood Hawk.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
I think it would be a good idea to start planning for hotel rooms as well, both for Indiana and Kentucky, to see who we're getting in each hotel room and who is carpooling with who, we gotta represent at MLG.

Speaking of which, somebody should drive Me/Possibly Ducky/Mabye Possibly another Huntington member that has money (We're willing to meet up anywhere between here and Indianapolis for the ride)

Basically, we need to know where we're staying... how much a night it would be and so on. (We'll do the food calculation costs on our own, but it's likely that we'd be bringing quite a bit of our own to help with the costs)

So yeah, let's make plans.

Count

Smash Champion
I'll be at MLG Columbus as well although I'm not sure whether or not I'll be able to enter yet (depending on whether or not I get this job)

I have a personal friend in Columbus that I might be staying with so I dunno if I'll need hotel either. I can almost certainly drive people though.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
@Pally's: If I could get a ride there, then I think I could go. School is canceled that day, so I don't think my parents would mind as much. Getting a ride back from my parents will be possible too probably haha.

@MLG: Don't know about that... I talked to my dad about it and he said maybe, which means he won't give me an answer until like a week before, and if he does that, I can't go anyways <_<. I'll try to get an answer from him by the date of obtaining the ticket things :O

Nvm. Not going to either. Not at all.

Top Bottom